The Deal (ON HOLD)

By 24_7_dreamer

Harmony has always been the girl that nobody ever really paid attention to. She was the quiet girl in all of... More

Cast
Chapter 1: Energy
Chapter 2: Connect
Chapter 3: 8 Out of 10
Chapter 4: The Ride
Chapter 5: Free Smoke
Chapter 6: Miss Me
Chapter 7: Diced Pineapples
Chapter 8: Recognize
Chapter 9: Change Locations
Chapter 10: Legend
Chapter 11: 7AM on Bridle Path
Chapter 12: Work
Chapter 13: From Time
Chapter 15: Gold Roses
Chapter 16: Views
Chapter 17: Yes, Indeed
Chapter 18: In My Feelings
Chapter 19: No Long Talk
Chapter 20: Not You Too

Chapter 14: Get It Together

69 9 0
By 24_7_dreamer

"Harmony," I hear a voice in my ear, accompanied by small shakes.

"Yes," I answer, with my eyes closed.

"Come lock the door, I'm about to go home," I finally register that the voice belongs to Axel.

I open my eyes and see him near my face. He turns around and puts his shirt back on, but not before I catch a glimpse of a tattoo on the back of his right shoulder. I start to ask him about it, but decide that he will tell me about it whenever he's ready. He puts on his shoes and grabs his keys before we walk out of my room.

"Bye," I give him a small hug, "text me when you make it home."

"I will," he hugs me back and kisses the top of my head.

He walks out of my house and I wait until he is out of my driveway before I close and lock the door. I walk back to my room, and despite being dead tired, I stay up until I get a text from him saying that he is OK. Knowing that he made it home safely, puts my mind at ease and I fall back into a peaceful sleep.

"I know yo ass ain't still sleep," a voice interrupts the dream that I am having, "Harmony, wake up."

"What," I grumble, still half asleep, "do you even know what time in the morning it is?"

"Bitch, it's noon," Nzuri's voice finally becomes distinctive.

I open my eyes and see her standing over me with her left hand on  her hip. I grab my phone and look at the time. The time on my phone says 12:13. Groaning, I roll back over and get out of my bed.

"You're annoying," I say as I walk to the bathroom.

"What time is my mama coming back?" 

"I don't know, call her," I shout over the running water as I wash my hands.

I finish washing my hands and grab my toothpaste and toothbrush. As I brush my teeth, I turn on the shower water to let it get warm. I finish brushing my teeth and undress. I grab my reusable shower cap and place my bonnet covered head inside. I grab a wash rag and hop into the shower and let the hot water hit every inch of my body.

"Mama wants to talk to you," I hear Nzuri walk into the bathroom.

"Place the phone on the windowsill," I say as the hot water beats down my back.

"Hello?" my mother's voice comes through the phone.

"Yeah."

"I'm going to be back around four today so I'll be able to cook. You don't have to worry about it."

"Ok."

"Also, be ready by the time I get home, your coming grocery shopping with me. That goes for you too Nzuri."

"Ok," Nzuri responds.

"Alright, I'll see you when you get home. I love you."

"I love you too."

"I know you love me more mama," Nzuri's annoying ass says.

I grab my shampoo bottle and open the shower curtain. I throw the bottle straight at he back and laugh as she screams.

"Ima beat your ass if you keep on," I say.

"Don't be mad at me cuz your mama loves me more."

"Bitch," I go to throw my conditioner at her, but she moves out of the way just in time.

"Hoe, I will flush the toilet on your ass stop playing."

"Whatever," I suck my teeth.

"I just want y'all both to know, I'm whopping both of y'all asses for cussing," my mama's voice comes through the phone, "love y'all see y'all soon."

Before we can say anything to persuade her out of 'whooping' us, she hangs up. I shake my head and continue to wash up. After fifteen minuets, I turn the water off and get out. I grab a towel and head to my room. Nzuri is laying on my bed just scrolling through her phone. I change into some sweat pants and a hoodie before climbing into bed beside her.

"So," I say, "you going to tell me why you went and had sex with Javier last night?"

This stops her from doing whatever she was doing on her phone. She slowly lifts up and looks at me with shock visibly present on her face.

"How in the hell did you know that it was him?"

"Girl, I know you. You are not a one night stand type of person. So I know for a fact that it's not some random."

"It could have been."

"As of right now, there are only two people who you will have sex with and Mark is not here. So that leaves Javi," I state the facts, "so, are you going to tell me what led to that?"

"OK," she sighs, "so you know when me and you wen to the dance floor and started doing our shit?"

"Yeah," I say totally invested in her story.

"So Javi came up behind me, and I was cool with it. I mean we were just dancing. So as we continue to dance, he whispers in my ear 'We could have been like this if you didn't treat me like a second option' so I got mad and decided to walk outside and he followed me."

"Yeah, I was right behind y'all making sure everything was ok."

"So we went outside and we started auguring about what went down between us. Eventually, we calmed down enough to actually listen to each other and not just hear each other. So he asked me what was it about Mark that made me choose him."

"What did you tell him?"

"The truth," she looks down at her hands before looking back up and continuing, "I told him that Mark was the safe choice. That the feelings I had for Mark were never as strong as the feelings that I had for him. But that fact alone scared me. I knew that if Mark and me broke up or he cheated or something that I would be able to recover easy. But if anything happened between me and Javi, I would lose a piece of myself. So before anything bad could happen, I choose the easier solution."

"What did he say?"

"He said that I shouldn't have focused on what could've happened between us and just focus on us and our relationship. Then he kissed me on my check and gave me a hug. As we pulled away from the hug, I kissed him on the lips, and then one thing led to another. Next thing I know, I'm on my back and he's in between my legs."

"So what does this mean for you two?"

"I have no idea," she falls back on my bed, "I care about him alot, but I'm still hurt that he slept with Suzie. How am I supposed to trust him after he did that?"

"That just sounds like another serious conversation that the two of you need to have. And make sure that it doesn't lead to sex."

"You're right, but I don't think I'm ready for the outcome just yet."

"That's fine," I say, "take your time just don't wait too long."

"Thanks."

"Always," I smile, "I do however have one question."

"Wassup?"

"Why did you never tell me how you really felt about Javier?"

"Because, the moment I spoke my true feelings about him, is the moment I would have to admit to myself that I love him. And I wasn't ready for that. Hell, I'm still not ready for it but it's too late to unsay it."

I just pull her into a strong hug. I let the hug say everything I want to say to her. After we pull apart from the hug, we go back to laying in my bed. A few hours pass and then I hear my mama come into the house. Nzuri and I walk out and greet her.

"Hey mama, how was aunt Erykah?" I hug her.

"She was good," she says as she releases me an pulls Nzuri into a hug, "we had a good time at the spa."

"That's good. I'm glad you enjoyed your days off," I say.

"Did you bring us back some stuff?" Nzuri asks.

"I sure did," my mama digs around in her purse.

She finally pulls her hand out empty handed, but before we can realize what is going on, she smacks Nzuri and me on our arms.

"Oww, what was that for?" I rub my arm.

"Fuck," Nzuri says, getting her another slap across the arm.

"Y'all thought I forgot about all that cussing you two were doing. Now, come on before it gets too late. I still have to cook."

We follow behind her to the car and make our way to the store.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Bex By KaylieR4

Teen Fiction

47.5K 1.8K 48
One girl. One boy. One life changing deal. "You change your mind?" He asked smugly as I walked over to him. "Before I agree to anything, I have o...
230K 11.5K 35
Ever since Kindergarten he had been classed as her 'bully'. She was a nobody in people's eyes and he was the token, golden boy. He made her life hell...
211K 6.3K 63
Slovan thought she had her whole life planned out: Do well in college, get married to her hot boyfriend, living with her best friend, and have the co...
353K 8.8K 62
She's rich, the perfect student, and graduating early. He's a heathen, a heartbreaker, and well he may never graduate... These all might be true, but...