Cupid Shinobi: Naruto Fanfic

By Ryuu_Tsukima

*The art cover is by our lovely friend @EMOPHASEWHENIWASAKID* Y/n is known as the Cupid Shinobi in the villag... More

Y/n Bio
Y/n Kanroji Kocho
Team Assembles
Meeting and Training
Let The Test Begin!
You Fail!
A Dangerous Mission!
The Demon Vs. The Slayer!
Be Prepared
New Healing
Round 2 Leaf vs. Mist
Fate meets again
What happened?
New Improve
A Good Day
Y/n x GN! Reader One shot
Chunin Exam
Meeting new team!
Rookie Face Off!
The Written Exam
Tenth Question
Death Forest!
Unknown Threat!
Snake Vs Butterfly
The Heartbreak
Love Rage
The Third Test
First round
Puppet Master
Cupid's Sadistic
Team 7B's wrath
The Power of Wind and Shadow
Top Dog Unleash!
Naruto's Surprise Weapon!
Byakugan Battle!
Stand out!
The Power of Youth!
Forbidden Secret Jutsu
A Splendid Ninja Is Born!
Interview Q&A
Shadow in Darkness
The Stone Sensei
Stone Heart
Deadly Heart Attack
Sheer Cold
The Bounding Day
Bonding With Poison
The Evil Hand Revealed
The Final Round
Byakugan vs. Shadow Clone
Ultimate Defense
A Failure's True Power
Hit it or Quit it
Zero Motivation
Dancing Blood Lust
The Technique Is Born!
The Konoha Crush Begins!
Village in Distress
Hokage Battle Royale!
A Mistake from the Past
Dead Demon Consuming Seal!
Panda's Identity Emerges!
Pushed to the Edge!
Assassin of the Moonlit Night
Light vs. Dark
The Sand Demon
Cursed Mark AU
Ninja Handbook
Interview Q&A Part 2
The Third Hokage, Forever...
Return of the Morning Mist
Sharingan vs. Sharingan!
Potential Disaster!
Roar, Chidori! Brother vs. Brother!
Hate Among the Uchihas: The Last of the Clan!
A New Training Begins: I Will Be Strong!
Keep on Training: Pop Goes the Sound!
The God and The Angel: Unforgettable Night!!

A Call to Strike

3.8K 146 85
By Ryuu_Tsukima

Question: What type of songs do you think match Y/n?

No One POV:

It was in the threes as three shadows were making pace, while one shadow was catching up. Sasuke had found the Sand siblings as he click his tongue. Trying to keep up and catch them.

Meanwhile, Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Haku, Y/n, and Pakkun was jumping from tree to tree. Y/n had let Pakkun out earlier as it would be more beneficial if he could track Sasuke's scent without his scent blocking him.

"So that's what happened," Naruto stated as Sakura informed everyone on why they had to get Sasuke. "To think he'll go this far," Haku commented, scuffing his brow. Y/n look down a little, only to look up while smiling a little. "Still, won't you say that he's being irrational? Considering how he might have a three on one situation."

Pakkun was sniffing as he caught something. "This way!" Pakkun turn as the rest followed the pug. "Oh man, this is such a drag," Shikamaru complains. "How long till we catch up?" Naruto asks. "I don't know. A long time if they keep moving at this pace." Pakkun answers.

Y/n scuffs his brows as he looks around a little. Haku notices as he looks at Y/n. "Is something bothering you?" Y/n turns towards Haku as his eyes widen. "Say Haku..." Everyone turn as they hear Y/n's tone was different. "How far can your mirrors go?"

"Hey, guys hurry up!" Pakkun suddenly yell as it caught the squad's attention. "What is it?" Sakura question. "Did you see Sasuke?" Naruto also asks. "No, there are two squads behind us. Eight-no, there's one more." Pakkun informed.

"What?" Naruto's eyes widen. "It must be some of the Sound ninjas." Haku guesses as he frowns. "Aw, man. Come on already. Give me a break here." Shikamaru whines. "We should run on the ground. If they know that we're jumping through trees, then running through the ground might confuse them." Sakura states. "That might work, but I doubt it'll be long till they realize it," Shikamaru commented.

They started to fall as Y/n was holding Pakkun. Once they landed Y/n put Pakkun down, while he sniffs around. "I also have an idea." Everyone turns but sees Haku walking backward. "What are you doing?" Naruto asks. "Oh, I see." Pakkun does the same thing. Haku jumps back to the tree. 

"If we mess with our tracks, then it'll irritate them. When becoming too emotional, they'll lose focus on our trail." Haku explains as the rest understands. They follow their trail as they went back to the trees and take off. Pakkun sniffs as he growls, "This is not good. Be prepared for an ambush."

"What if we ambush them?" Sakura asks. "Huh?" Shikamaru looks at Sakura. "How are we gonna ambush several ninjas, that might be higher level?" Y/n giggles, "Well~, we have someone great at ambush. Hope you are not afraid of getting cold."

"Hmm, what are you implying?" Pakkun question. "It's my ice mirrors. I can create several mirrors out of ice, which can surround a target. By entering one of the mirrors, my reflection will appear in all of them. I can travel between these mirrors near-instantaneously, giving the appearance that I occupy all of them simultaneously. Any attacks I make from these mirrors - usually rapid volleys of thrown senbon - can overwhelm opponents, seemingly coming from every mirror at once." Haku explains that Shikamaru was caught off by that power.

"It might work, but it'll be too risky," Shikamaru concluded. "Wait. Hold on. Why not? If we enter the mirrors, they won't know which one of us is the real one." Sakura started, "Plus the level of an opponent doesn't have much to do with an ambush, does it?" Naruto was also lost. "Wait. What are you talking about?"

"You guys just don't get it. Let me explain." Shikamaru then proceeds to explain. "Yes. An ambush is a key battle tactic and can be very beneficial. But for it to work, you have to meet two conditions."

"Well, what are they? Tell us and we'll meet them." Naruto asks as he was getting a little irritated.

"Number one, the ninja on the run must be completely quiet and must find the enemy first. Number two, they have to be able to catch the pursuers off-guard at a location where they can do a lot of damage quickly, and then conceal themselves again just as quickly. And it's only under those two conditions that an ambush can truly be effective."

"Now, the first two conditions won't be so hard, since the ninja hound's nose can find our enemy. And the second one also seems to be in our favor, since we know the geography of our village like we know the back of our hands. However, Orochimaru is a former Leaf ninja. So, on the second condition, we're out of luck."

"We are? Wait. Tell me why that is again." Naruto continues to ask.

"Our pursuers have studied the layout of this village, and I have to assume that they've been put through simulated practices for this mission. And on top of that, they're probably masters of the Pursue Jutsu."

"So, they know all the cards we're holding?" Sakura asks. "Well, I don't know. I suppose that an ambush could give us an advantage." Shikamaru answer. "But there'll be so many things that are uncertain," Haku commented. "Then it'll also be guest to assume that they're a special unit that's specifically put together for this operation. While the rest of us, who just recently got assigned to this." Y/n finished.

"Exactly, tactics are about clearly grasping a tough situation and formulating the best plan. And right now, only one plan makes sense. Just one." Shikamaru explains. "And that is?" Sakura asks. "A diversion that only looks like it's an ambush. So, one of us is gonna stay behind, and slow them down."

"One of us will be...a decoy," Sakura stated. "That's right. If one of us can delay them, they shouldn't be able to find the rest of us. We'll be able to escape. Of course, the one who acts as a decoy will probably...die."

Everything was now serious as they stop their movement. The only thing that they can hear are birds chirping. They knew that being a diversion is the same as saying that they want a death wish. But to save a village, and complete their mission, someone must do it.

"So, who's going to do it?" Shikamaru asks. "We need the dog to follow Sasuke. So that means..." Sakura gritted her teeth, "All right if saving the village, I'll..."

"I'm the only one who can do it." Shikamaru cut off as everyone turn towards him. "What?" Haku asks. "Why does it have to be you?" Naruto asks while Sakura's eyes widen. "It's better than all of us being wiped out, right? Besides, I'm the only one of us who's got a chance of pulling off this decoy act. And surviving this attack."

"Huh?" Naruto asks. "I mean, after all, Shadow Possession Jutsu was invented as a delay tactic," Shikamaru explains. "But that just takes a large amount of your chakra. Plus, you used so many tools against Temari." Y/n step in. "Y/n, I'll be fine. I'll catch up with you later." Shikamaru was close towards Y/n, pushing some strands of his hair back. "Go."

"We're counting on you Shikamaru!" Naruto yells as they jump off. 'When did Shikamaru become this dedicated?' Sakura asks in her mind.

"Here, use this when necessary." Y/n gave something to Shikamaru. "I was planning on using this for my fight against Panda, but all you have to do is drink it." Y/n jumps off as he catches up. 

'Be careful, Shikamaru.'

Time Skip Jutsu:

Multiple footsteps were running as it was some of the Sound ninjas. They stop as they look around. "Hm." The leader looks around as he found multiple clues in their direction. 'No matter how much you try to erase the signs of your passage, we'll find you.' The leader of the squad marks the tree as they take off.

Paku sniffs, "Listen. The enemy's coming up fast." Sakura's eyes widen. "What?" She couldn't help but look back where they left Shikamaru. "I wonder if he's even trying back there," Pakkun commented. "Now hold on, Shikamaru wouldn't do that. Sure, he can be lazy, but he knows when to get serious. But will that mean..."

"Shikamaru will be just fine, okay?" Naruto cut Sakura off. "How do you know? Seeing his fight, it's like he's not good at close combat." Sakura said as she was getting more worried. "That's what's his brain is for. He's a great strategist, so the enemy must've split into different groups. One to deal with Shikamaru, while the other goes after us." Y/n guess.

"Pick up the pace, you two." Sakura and Naruto realize that Pakkun, Haku, and Y/n was getting farther as they try to catch up.

Scene Change Jutsu:

The birds were chirping as Shikamaru sighed. "I can't believe I managed to get away." Shikamaru looks up at the clouds.

The Sound ninjas look at the ground and see footprints. "His footprints are irregular. Anxiety is probably increasing his fatigue." They stood up, but suddenly they froze. His shadow was suddenly darker.

"Oops! Sorry. I was supposed to be the guy who didn't want to get involved. But I guess I'm not quite what you had expected am I?"

They turn to see Shikamaru from behind. "You're right about one thing. I'm tired. On everything else, you're wrong. Like our footprints..." Shikamaru pulls out small sticks as he uses them to make Pakkun's paw. "This is what I used to make the paw prints."

"Why he's just a kid. I can't believe we got caught by this." One of the Sound ninjas complains. "So, this is the Leaf Shadow Paralysis Jutsu we've heard about, huh?" Another ninja guesses.

"Yeah, if you want to call it by that old name. But I'm afraid you're behind the times. Now it's called Shadow Possession Jutsu, old man." Shikamaru said, however, his mind was telling a different story. 'Oh, no! My chakras are still depleted. I used too much chakra then, and now I can't hang on much longer.' Shikamaru pulls out his shuriken as he counts his enemies. 

'Hang on, eight!?' He glares as he remembers what Pakkun says. 

"No there's one more. That's nine ninjas following us."

"Hm?" Some of the ninjas see Shikamaru's expression. 'Of course. The ninth one's role is to protect against an ambush. That person stays a distance behind the others, a reserve in case of an enemy attack.' Shikamaru went to his pouch as he now has kunais. 'But I know what to do. This will draw out that ninth ninja and reveal where he's hiding.'

Shikamaru through his remaining weapons. Suddenly unknown weapons have come and intercept Shikamaru's weapon. Shikamaru looks up at the tree, 'There he is.' 

Shikamaru's shadow stretch, but it was hardly going out until it retreats. 'Oh, man! The shadow won't reach. I don't have enough stamina to use my chakra.' Shikamaru thought. "I see through your technique." The Sound ninja states. Shikamaru grunts, 'So this is it.'

"It looks like you're at your limit. This Shadow Possession Jutsu of yours is going to fail soon. So, prepare yourself.

"Heh!" Shikamaru sighs as he looks at the clouds. 'All I wanted was to be just an average shinobi, making an average living. I'd marry Y/n, have two kids, a girl and then a boy, retire when my daughter got married, and my son became a successful ninja, and spend the rest of my days just playing Shougi or Go. A nice carefree and leisurely retirement. And then I'd die of old age before my husband. Yep. That's the life I wanted. And yet I ended up exerting myself. It's so unlike me. Even though I wanted to finish as just a regular guy, I had to go and get myself into this sticky situation.'

Scene Change Jutsu:

"Huh, looks like those ninjas aren't chasing us anymore," Pakkun informed. "Awesome! Shikamaru succeeded. The delay tactic worked." Naruto cheer. Y/n sighs as he smiles, ignoring the small blush on his face. "Shikamaru!" Sakura cheer. 'I'm glad he's okay. But would I be if he didn't choose?'

'Now we're only half done. We can now focus on catching Sasuke.' Haku thought. 'Shikamaru, please don't forget.' Y/n thought to himself.

Scene Change Jutsu:

Shikamaru chuckles. "Well, as you say, it appears I'm at my limit." Shikamaru's shadow releases all of the Sound ninjas as he grunts.

"Hey. Come on out." One of the Sound ninjas calls out. Shikamaru was nervous as he tries to not have it show. "And when you do, cut off his head."

Immediately a large shadow came from behind as it made Shikamaru's eyes widen. The smoke is clear as it shows a tall man, with brown eyes, olive skin, short black spiky hair, and a beard. His clothing consisted of the standard Konoha ninja uniform with the sleeves rolled up halfway, flak jacket, regular shinobi sandals, and forehead protector. He also wore a sash that had the kanji for "Fire" marked on it around his waist, a pair of black bangles, and bandages wrapped around the arms of his sleeves.

"Well, I finally caught up with you guys." It was Shikamaru's sensei as he was holding an unconscious Sound ninja. "Asuma! How did you...?"

"Huh." Asuma toss the Sound ninja hard as the body was rolling around. He quickly rushes off as his speed caught the Sound ninjas off. Using his special trench knives to create a melee-type fighting style. These knives are made of a special metal that is capable of easily being infused with chakra.

He punches the enemy, and he was knocked out immediately. Taking no time, he uses the blade part, slashing the closest ninja. Two kunai came and got his back, only to reveal a substitute. "Ah?" Asuma came from the air as he dropped kick the two ninjas. Two Sound ninjas try to attack from above, but Asuma attacks them quickly.

Barely dodging the kunai, he went up in the air and did a high jump kick. Successfully connecting to the enemy's jaw. Asuma yells as he tosses the enemy towards the other as Shikamaru's eyes widen.

Asuma then sighs, "You did well, Shikamaru." Shikamaru sat on the ground, "Ugh!" He was exhausted from the amount of chakra he uses. "Yeah, but it was way too much work."

'Stay here, for now, Shikamaru, you've earned it.' Asuma thought as he smirks. "Ah!" Something fell out of Shikamaru's pouch as it was a small pill size bottle.

"Use this when necessary."

He drinks the bottle as his eyes widen. Asuma notices the small change, "What's wrong?" Shikamaru scratched his head. "Ah! Are you kidding me!" Asuma look lost. "He gave me a medicine that could restore all my chakra!"

Scene Change Jutsu:

"Hurry!" Temari yells. Temari and Kankuro were moving fast as they were carrying Gaara, who's still trying to recover. Kankuro look behind a little, 'Ugh! What a pest.' Temari also looks behind, 'We have even more pursuers? Two, no, three.'

"Kankuro, we've gotta go faster," Temari instructed. "Okay, okay." Kankuro quickly answers.

Not that far from behind is Sasuke as he was gaining upon them. 'I won't let you get away.'

Meanwhile, the Pakkun squad was trying to catch up. 'Don't be foolish, Sasuke.' Naruto thought. 'Sasuke.' Sakura thought. 'We must hurry.' Haku thought. 'Please...' Y/n was having a hard time smiling as they hurry off.

(o・ω・o)ノ++++++++++ヽ(o・ω・o)

Commencing Simp Mode:

And I'ma ride you (ride you) like a rodeo (like a rodeo)

I'ma ride you (I'ma ride you) like a rodeo (like a rodeo)

Hogtie you (hogtie you) like a rodeo (like a rodeo)

Cowgirl (cowgirl), like a rodeo (like a rodeo)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 333 9
This is a short little love story between Sasuke and Naruto. This is boyxboy love. Skip this if you don't like that kind of thing! Disclaimer: I do...
479 25 12
My purpose for life changed when I saw Naruto. He was resting on the end of my hospital bed. Colors rushed back in my life. His bright blonde hair an...
17.9K 667 46
a quiet ninja seeking refuge in a big village. he has an unspeakable past that he wants to stay hidden. yet, he meets people. he grows stronger and e...
155K 7.7K 20
Eren was born into Levi's hatred, and when the raven-haired man wasn't able to kidnap him as a child, he was forced to watch him grow. Now, on the ba...