The Summer Reunion (unedited...

wordsandescapism által

Andie Turner returns home for the summer when she's guaranteed a job as a camp counsellor with her old privat... Több

1| Machete Man
2| Whack his Golf balls
3| Ammunition
4| Counsellor Cup
5| If looks could kill I'd be dead
6| Moldy Breakfast Pudding
7| Grimy Little Goblins
8| Tortellini Cowboy Hats
9| Running On Empty
10| Stranded
11| Flare for the dramatics
12| Fried Circuit
14| Candid
15| Thank you Ma'am
16| Truth or Dare
17| Karma
18| Rainy Day
19| Past times
20| Order Up
21| Getting Somewhere
22| The Golden Ticket
23| Excuse Me
24| Country Club Chaos
25| Control Yourself
26| Invitations
27| High Ropes
28| Can't Get Down, Can't Go Back
29| Bold Of You To Admit That
30| Blame The Mosquito
31| Bedrooms and Brothels
32| Until Then
33| Get Off My Lawn You Stinkin' Kids
34| Trust (water)Falls
35| The Under(water)world
36| Three Teens And A Creepy Unknown Being Makes Four
37| Butterflies Or Bears?
38| Caught
39| Let's Have An Adventure
40| Into The Deep End
41| Lake Nights
42| Midnight Memories
43| The Bathtub Chronicles
44| Fly Me To The Moon (on a paper crane)
45| Paint Me Like A French Girl
46| The Parties Just Begun
47| The Midsummer Ball
48| Out Of Sight Out Of Hand
49| Sink Or Swim
50| Do or Die
51| Team Effort
52| And The Winner Goes To...
53| The Blame Game
54| Two Roads Diverge
55| Moving On
56| Going Home
What's Next?
58| new and improved!

13| Reverse Cupid

241 6 0
wordsandescapism által

I barged through the door in a huff, I was like the hulk let loose. I thought the walk would cool me off from how frustrated I had been, but it only seemed to fuel my anger. My fists were clenched, my heart was beating in my chest (although that could be from the walk, I'm pretty out of shape). 

What a simple-headed numb scull Izzie was dating. Does she hate herself? Is that why she's with him? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Ugh! Who the hell does he think he is.

I need to get laid?! Ha! The nerve!

Tosh was laying down on the couch as we stumbled through the entryway fuming. "What's with you guys?" she eyed us hesitantly.

I kicked off my shoes, flinging them anyway they would fall off. It probably wasn't a good idea, because I think it hit Grayson behind me.

Maybe it was a good idea..

"I want him gone!" I yelled out in exasperation, throwing my hands up wildly in the air. "Gone!"

Tosh had no idea what I was going on about, "Who?" she questioned curiously, sitting up.

I didn't see Drew or Izzie's shoes at the door. He was probably still out with Travis.

"That motherfucker!" I pointed to the golf game on the tv.

"Tiger Woods?" she asked, staring at the game.

"No!" I groaned in frustration, "Drew!"

I threw myself down onto the couch, burying my face into the soft pillows. Grayson sat at the open space by my feet. He's always been a silent angry person. When we were friends it was hard to tell when he was mad at me. He didn't look it, but I could tell he was pissed off too.

"What's with you guys?" she stared between the two of us, "I thought you were out on the lake all afternoon. What did Drew do now, syphon your gas?" she joked.

I screamed into the pillow and hit it with my firsts, kicking my feet as well.

"Ow!" Grayson hissed when I dug my foot into his leg.

"Might as well have." My voice muffled into the pillow.

"We ran out of gas and had to get towed back after over an hour." Grayson filled her in.

The dots clearly weren't connecting for Tosh, who was still confused as ever. "What does that have to do with Drew?" she asked. "Oh my god, did he actually syphon your gas?" her eyes widened in disbelief. "That's smart, especially for him."

I was too angry to talk, so I listened as Grayson briefly explain what happened earlier.

"Damn." Tosh said after he finished the story.

How the hell are we supposed to get rid of him?

I sat up as the idea dawned on me, a small smile lifted the corners of my mouth. The two of them eyed my reaction, freaked out by my sudden change in mood.

"What?" Grayson asked intently.

"I've got it." I said simply, sitting back on the couch and kicking my feet up.

"Got what?" Tosh pestered.

"The solution." I closed my eyes and rested my head on the back of the couch. Apparently I'd become unhinged. "I know how to get rid of the douchebag." They leaned in at my comment, intrigued at what I had in mind. "I'm going to break them up."

                                                                                          ******

Dinner was awkward to say the least. Grayson and I didn't have anything to say to one another, and we were both ignoring Drew. Izzie spent the entire meal chatting about all the places in town we could go to on our days off, which restaurants were good, and all the shopping we needed to catch up on. I'd need to think of excuses later on about how to get out of all that. I couldn't afford anything other than the necessities.

Since Grayson threw together some small stuff and Drew barbequed, it was the girls turn to clean up. We cleared the table and brought the dishes into the kitchen, our arms filled with cutlery and dinnerware.

Izzie and Tosh were washing and drying the dishes as I sat at the island on a stool. They said I didn't need to help with anything since I worked all day.

Should I bring up what happened earlier? Probably not. What if I just asked her about Drew? She loved talking about him. Most of the time I couldn't get her to shut up about him.

"So.." I trailed off, staring down at the countertop. Is there any proper way to go about telling your friend you despise the guy she's been dating for the past couple years? "How are things between you and Drew?" I asked, feigning subtly.

"Fine, I guess." She shrugged indifferently. "Why do you ask?"

Tosh was standing beside her, but she was facing me. I pretended not to notice her mouthing for me to stop.

"No reason," I said casually. "Things have just seemed a little tense between you two."

At first I thought she would switch the subject but of course if you're talking about her, she'll never want to move on. "He's been really busy lately, a little distant. His dad's really pressuring him to get his act together, he wants him to train for taking over the business."

"What, is his dad planning on croaking anytime soon?" Tosh joked.

"No," Izzie shook her head and smiled, "it just takes a long time to learn how to properly run a business. Especially one worth that much. Drew's just been really stressed, and it's making him a little irritable."

"A little?" I mumbled.

"What was that?" Izzie asked, not hearing what I said.

"Oh nothing," I waved my hand dismissively, "I was just saying how that must suck. But, you know Izzie.." here it goes. "Do you think maybe the two of you should take a break or something? Just until he's under less stress."

She turned the tap off and dried her hands, turning to face me. Of course Tosh chose this as the time to start actually doing something and act like she was putting away the dishes so as not to be apart of the conversation.

The look Izzie was giving me almost made me regret bringing it up. Almost. "I'm just saying," I added in explanation, "maybe being with someone whose always in a pissy mood isn't the best thing for you. I mean, is he really the kind of guy you want to be with anyways?"

I watched Tosh smack her forehead and shake it back and forth in disapproval. My approach clearly wasn't the right way to go.

"What kind of guy is that, Andie?" Izzie asked defensively.

"I just mean... you could do better." I tried to sound encouraging, but Tosh was shaking her head even more. It looked like she found a bug in her hair.

Izzie scoffed at my accusation, "There is nothing wrong with Drew." she argued. "And to answer your question, yes. He is the kind of man I want to be with."

I nodded in defeat, talking sense into her obviously wasn't going to break them up.

"And you know what Andie?" Izzie picked the conversation up again. "I don't need advice from you of all people."

Tosh's eyes widened, "Okay guys," she looked between both of us, "maybe we should talk about this another time."

"No, I think we should talk about this now." I said, standing up and leaning against the counter. "What's that supposed to mean Izzie?"

"It means, you of all people shouldn't judge my relationship when you've never even had one. How would you know what I should do?" she said hastily.

It seems I hit a nerve.

"That doesn't mean I don't know an ass when I see him." I smiled condescendingly.

"Oh please!" she laughed bitterly, "You shouldn't even be allowed to have an opinion on Drew. You've been pining after the same guy your whole life, who's not even interested in you!" she threw her hands up in the air.

Tosh stepped between the two of us, sparing me of having to respond. She always seemed to do so many little things I was grateful for. "Alright, I think we all need to cool off. Izzie why don't you get Drew to start up the boat? We could all use a swim, and I could use a beer."

I turned on my heel to change and Izzie strutted off in the opposite direction. 

                                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed. Comment! Vote! Let me know what you think :) See you next week <3

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

896 14 47
~ 18+ ~ Laney has no idea where her life is heading. Since leaving school she's had no aspirations, she's never had a stable relationship and she's l...
154 14 9
Summers are supposed to be that time of the year that you should look forward to. No school, hours at the beach, late night parties. What's not to lo...
114K 10.5K 29
Delena is determined to have a good time at summer camp and forget about her backstabbing ex-best-friend Mei. But when Mei shows up at camp too, sudd...
3.1K 301 41
"Seriously you've dated the same guy since freshman year!" He asks astonished. I nod my head. "So, you've only kissed one guy?" I laugh. "Why does...