Flamed Out (Roy Mustang X Oc)

By Bohannon_

An au Follows the 09 anime, with swears and heavy topics, but not too heavy. I try to be sensitive to the peo... More

Authors note
Chapter 1 (revised)
Chapter 2 (revised)
Chapter 3 (revised)
Chapter 4 (revised)
Chapter 5 (revised)
Chapter 6 (revised)
Chapter 7 (revised)
Chapter 8 (revised)
Chapter 9 (revised)
Chapter 10 (revised)
Chapter 11 (revised)
Chapter 12 (revised)
Chapter 13 (revised)
Chapter 14 (revised)
Chapter 15 (revised)
Chapter 16 (revised)
Chapter 18 (revised)
Chapter 19 (revised)
Chapter 20 (revised)
Chapter 21 (revised)
Chapter 22 (revised)
Chapter 23 (revised)
Chapter 24 (revised)
Chapter 25 (revised)
Chapter 26 (revised)
Chapter 27 (revised)
Chapter 28 (revised)
Chapter 29 (revised)
Chapter 30 (revised)
Chapter 31 (revised)
Chapter 32 (revised)
Chapter 33 (revised)
Chapter 34 (revised)
Chapter 35 (revised)
Chapter 36 (edited)
Chapter 37 (edited)
Chapter 38 (edited)
Chapter 39 (edited)
Chapter 40 (edited)
Chapter 41 (edited)
Chapter 42 (edited)
Chapter 43 (edited)
Chapter 44 (edited)
Chapter 45 (edited)
Chapter 46 (edited)
Chapter 47 (edited)
Chapter 48 (edited)
Chapter 49 (edited)
Chapter 50 (edited)
Chapter 51 (edited)
Chapter 52 (edited)
Chapter 53 (edited)
Chapter 54 (edited)
Chapter 55 (edited)
Chapter 56 (edited)
Chapter 57 (edited)
Chapter 58 (edited)
Chapter 59 (edited)
Chapter 60 (edited)
Chapter 61 (edited)
Chapter 62 (edited)
Chapter 63 (edited)
Chapter 64 (edited)
Chapter 65 (edited)
Chapter 66 (edited)
Chapter 67 (edited)
Chapter 68
Epiloge
Last author's note

Chapter 17 (revised)

479 11 2
By Bohannon_

(Hunter's POV)

I don't know how long I'd been sitting there, long enough to fall asleep. I only woke up when Roy tapped my shoulder.

I looked at him, blinking away my sleepiness.

"How long have you been here?"

I rubbed my eye. "Since 4 am." So much for keeping watch.

He smiled. "I guess you do worry about me." He held up his hand, which was still clasped inside of mine.

I looked at our hands before letting go and sitting at the edge of his bed; I hugged him. "Dumbass."

He chuckled quietly, sliding his hand up my back and burying his face into my shoulder. "I said I'd come back didn't I?"

That sentence alone made me think back to my previous fear and anger, but instead of fear or anger this time, it made me sad.

I pulled away.

"What's wrong?" He caressed my cheek.

I went back to sitting in my chair. "Nothing. I'm good."

Silence fell between us.

"I owe you an apology."

I glanced at him.

"I let my personal feelings get in the way. It was stupid of me to send you home. You could've easily saved us." He admitted.

I raised a brow. "Your personal feelings?"

He looked away. "Don't make me say it."

I shrugged. "Alright, I won't. Say it when you want to."

The longer I looked at him, the more grateful I was that he'd made it out. "You really did have me worried."

He looked at me

"Asshole."

His mouth gaped open. "What?!"

I took a breath, fidgeting in my chair. "Roy, I lost two of the most important things in my life." I looked at my fidgety hands. "I didn't want to lose another."

"Come here." He held his arm out. He pulled me to lay in his bed with him. "Careful now." He looked down. "That's where I got hurt."

"Ah, I shouldn't then." I tried pulling away.

"No, no." He pulled me close. "It's alright, just be careful."

So, there I was, laying in his bed with him. It didn't feel as exciting as I thought it would be, it didn't bring that excited, butterflies in the stomach feeling. Instead it felt natural, calming, peaceful even.

I looked at the side of his face, he was looking up at the ceiling. I relaxed my forehead against his temple. "You scared me."

He took a breath. "I'm sorry."

I don't know what compelled me but I kissed his temple. It's hard to explain, but it felt like the right moment, the right decision, the right thing.

He moved to look at me, except he moved too fast and the side of his head hit my nose. "Ow.."

He gasped. "I'm sorry!"

I started laughing, quietly though. I didn't want to wake Havoc. But soon enough, he laughed with me.

But then he groaned. "Ow, ow, don't make me laugh..."

I snickered. "Way to ruin the moment."

"It's not like I meant to."

I propped myself up on my elbow, head resting in my hand. I looked at the cut of his face, it had been bandaged. I ran my thumb across it lightly.

He just looked up at me, this look in his eyes. I didn't know what this look was, but it was familiar to me. There was something warm about it, something fond.

He smiled. "It'll heal quicker if you kiss it." He was talking about the cut on his face.

I laughed. "Smooth." His quiet laughter mixed with mine.

He watched me sit up. "Where are you going?"

I glanced back at him. "I just want to see your bandages."

"My arm feels cold now." He complained.

I lifted up his shirt and looked at his bandage. "It won't be if you use a blanket." I checked them over, they looked fine. No new bleeding so that was good.

"Like what you see?"

"Oh yeah, bandages look great." Obviously, that's not what he meant but I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction.

"Remember what you said about being wrong?"

'Fuck me if I'm wrong.' Oh Lord... I let out a dry chuckle. "Uh, yeah."

"Well," He tilted his head. "Look how wrong you were." He gestured to his side. "And Havoc's asleep sooo..."

"In your dreams."

He smiled. "Oh, I'll definitely dream about that."

My smile faded. Is this all he wants from me? I sat back in my chair.

He looked as if he were waiting for something.

"What?"

He raised a brow. "You're not coming back?"

I avoided looking at him. "You need sleep. I'll want to hear everything tomorrow."

He fell silent at the sudden mood shift and turned over. "Okay."

The more I thought about it, the more I realized I liked him. I really liked him. More than I was willing to admit to myself, more than I ever allowed myself to admit.

It's just a feeling, and you know when you know. And I knew that I was probably going to fall for this man. I probably already did.

I don't trust many men, hell, I feel anxious around most men. But never around him. It felt safe, he felt safe. I trust him more than anyone.

The only problem is, am I the only one feeling like this? Does he only want sex from me? Did I jump the gun on this? Ugh, and I don't know how to ask.

———

"You're an idiot!"

I stood by as Roy got mad at Riza. Honestly I wanted to punch him..

"It's bad enough you believed her but then you gave up!" His voice echoed.

Apparently, Lust or whatever her name was, told Riza and Alphonse that she killed Roy and Havoc, and Riza gave up after hearing that.

Honestly, I would've done the same if either Roy or Riza had died, if they BOTH died.

"Please forgive me Colonel." She closed her eyes.

"You've gotta stay strong. And don't you ever give up on living. I need to know you can keep your cool no matter what happens."

Riza nodded, she kept her eyes on the ground. "Sir."

"I'm gonna continue to rely on you to watch my back. Don't let me down." He finally finished.

"Oh give her a break." I spoke up. "We're," I gestured between him and I. "Her favourite people. I would've done the same thing if one of you died." I pointed between them.

He snapped his head at me. "What is it with you two and giving up!"

"You outta think about taking your own advice Colonel." Havoc added. "Since you were the one who abandoned his post. And dragged Devlin into this, AND then sent her back."

Roy jolted up, annoyed with Havoc. "Shut up Havoc!" He groaned and grabbed at his side.

I took a step forward when he let out his pained groan, but he held his hand up, telling me he was okay.

"And what the hell? Why are we even in the same room?" He sat up. "At my rank, I should have my own room.. with a hot nurse."

My heart sank at his comment. I groaned under my breath and walked passed his bed, leaning against the wall on the other side of the room.

I could feel his eyes on me.

"Try to understand sir. It's easier to guard the two of you in the same place." Riza reasoned.

"Tch, I could guard Havoc in another room." I smirked.

Havoc hummed. "Having Devlin as my nurse? I wouldn't mind." He glanced at me.

"I wouldn't mind either." I winked at him.

Roy glared at him and then looked at me, though I couldn't read his expression. Push my buttons and I'll push yours.

He looked away. "Why haven't they tried to kill us yet?"

The air turned thick with his question.

The Homunculi Havoc and Roy met confessed that she was made with a philosopher stone at her core. And since it happened under the third laboratory, it definitely tied the Homunculi to the government. So it would make sense for them to try and kill us.

"Waiting for the opportunity, probably." I answered. I wouldn't be involved in this if I was at Briggs-

I watched as the others became wary, and decided to switch the mood a little. "So, you say her fingers extended?" I looked at Havoc.

"Yeah, they did." He sounded annoyed.

"Havoc!" I grabbed his leg. "You could've had a good time with her! I certainly would have!"

Both he and Roy looked at me. "What?!" And they both spoke simultaneously.

I held my hands up. "I'm just saying! It sounds like she's good with her fingers!"

They both stared at me, processing what I was saying.

Riza and I made eye contact and that's when I started laughing, she laughed with me.

"Jesus Devlin.." Havoc pinched the bridge of his nose, he chuckled. "That's a great joke, but I need you to stop."

I finished laughing. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

Just then Fuery walked in with Edward and Alphonse.

Fuery saluted. "Good morning sir."

Roy nodded.

I glanced at the two Elrics.

Alphonse stepped closer to Roy's bed. "Thanks again Colonel, for coming to our rescue."

Roy smiled. "It was no trouble."

I smiled at their small exchange. Meanwhile Riza and Fuery were looking at whatever Fuery brought with him. It looked like a map.

I looked back at Edward and Alphonse, Edward just stood next to Alphonse, listening to whatever conversation they were having. Alphonse's armour was fixed up, which puzzled me.

"Do you always do that?" Havoc caught my attention.

I looked at me. "Do what?"

"Scope out the area."

I didn't know how to answer that. I chuckled dryly. "Force of habit."

I pushed myself off the wall and walked towards Alphonse. It truly puzzled me how he had been fixed up so quickly. Who did it?

I walked around him, examining his armour.

"Uh? Hello Major Devlin."

I laughed at his awkward tone of voice. "Hello Alphonse." I kept walking around him, amazed at who's ever handy work this was. "I see you're all fixed up."

"Yeah, brother fixed my armour when he got back."

I stopped in front of him and smiled. I could feel Edward's eyes on me. "Hmm, interesting work you've done here." How the hell..? I looked at Edward.

He looked away, escaping my gaze. "It's not that amazing.. A simple transmutation."

Aww what is this attitude of yours? I simply smiled. "I didn't say it was amazing, I said it was interesting."

His mouth gaped open at my response, he had no retort for me. I guess this kid is used to praise. I looked back at Alphonse. Though I am amazed with his ability, especially at his age.

I chuckled at him. "I'm messing with you. Don't be so uptight."

He chuckled awkwardly, again, avoiding my gaze.

I looked at Roy, he had already been staring at us, watching our exchange of words.

"Colonel." Riza stepped forward, map in hand. "I think you should take a look at this."

I stepped closer to the bed, interested in what was happening.

It was a map of Central with a big red circle.

"I counted the number of steps it took to get to the basement under the third laboratory." Riza started. "And I was able to calculate the approximate location of that doorway."

Roy held the map, it annoyed me since I couldn't see what they were looking at.

"It's not exact since the hallway curved, but I was able to deduce a radius with the lab in the centre." She pointed at the circle with the lab in the centre.

And my stomach dropped at the realization.

"That's Central command.." Edward took the words right out of my mouth. "But this is even more alarming.."

"It's the Presidential estate.." I added.

"Right above where we found the Homunculi." Alphonse noted.

So.. Bradley IS connected to all this.. I thought back to my Hughes paper.

"Which means there's a very real possibility that the Furher is connected to them." Roy put the pieces together.

"But that doesn't make sense.." Alphonse started. "Why did he kill Greed and his group if he's connected to them?"

"Woah, woah woah." I held my hand up. "Back up, you said you watched his head get knocked off. Are you saying Bradley killed them?"

He nodded.

You didn't think that was important to mention before we went on this parade? But then again, he's a kid. Important details to us probably aren't as important to him.

"It's strange he killed them anyway. Why would he slaughter them before interrogating them?" Edward held his hand to his chin.

"It's strange alright. Damn inscrutable." Roy looked at the map.

"So the enemy has infiltrated high up the command.. It's best to be careful, really careful." I cautioned. "Especially since we know, and they know that we know."

"And Fullmetal." Roy looked at Edward. "Watch yourself."

Edward stumbled back, shocked about the warning Roy just gave him.

So we're all in danger.. Great..

My jaw tightened at what was just established. So Bradley and probably all the other higher ups are involved in this... whatever they're planning to do.

Some time passed and Breda joined us, I had no idea where Falman was, I hadn't seen him since we drank together. God I hope I didn't say anything too personal.

I stood at the window with Breda, watching the two Elrics leaving the hospital. If I've learned anything from what Roy's told me, and all the reports about them, those two are going to stick their nose in the third lab..

"The Furher working with the Homunculi.." Roy spoke.

I turned and looked at me.

He had this smile on his face, not a smile of happiness though. "This could be bigger than I ever dreamed."

My jaw tightened at this new discovery.

"Bet you wish you stayed in Briggs." Breda eyed me, noticing my anxiousness.

I sighed. "This is definitely more than I bargained for."

"I'm starting to worry that it's too big." Riza commented.

I took a breath. "You and me both Riri."

"All the more reason to pursue it." Roy looked at us. "So, I hope you're ready to work yourselves ragged."

Well, at least it's not dumb paper work.. a few more weeks and I'd probably be pulling my hair out.

"Yeah about that Colonel." Havoc raised his hand. "I think you're going to have to count me out."

We all turned to him, confused as to what he meant.

He gripped his blanket. "Your work requires legs.. and I can't feel mine."

The room fell silent. I stood completely shocked, he had played it off so well. It's obvious none of us knew.

I looked at Roy, he was completely taken back by the news. He sat with his eyes wide and a look of guilt on his face.

"I hate to say it. But I'm retired."

———————————————————————————————————————————————————Bohannon

I don't own Fullmetal Alchemist or any of its characters

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.5K 2K 27
After his failed attempt at harming Ed, the Lightning Alchemist is annoyed. So, he decides to do something new. Meanwhile, Roy and Ed are in a bit of...
35K 1.2K 25
~Rewrite and edit of this story is called Misery Looms.~ Mysterious murders had plagued Central for a couple of weeks and the military doesn't know w...
334 14 4
"Fuck you ! If you're not happy about us, You can leave like you used to ! Like your father !" Thoses were the last words he heard from her three yea...
2.2K 45 13
SO! I am bored and need mcyt angst cuz the world doesn't give me enough. Though I don't want to long off stories- I'ma be writing mcyt angst oneshots...