Pretty sure you've done enoug...

By kittykikilover

You and your friend Miguel are new to a school in the Valley, you've moved around enough where you never real... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17

18

331 12 7
By kittykikilover

"Hey what was all that about?" Tory asked me.

"Nothing" I replied. Miguel just came back from his talk with Sensei Lawrence. "I don't know why he's freaking out" he said abruptly.

"What are you talking about?" Tory asked Miguel. "Nothing....it's just Sensei is bugging out about me fighting a little differently than how he taught me" he explained.

"Whatever...I can't treat real life like a tournament" he told us. "Yeah...I don't know why he's being so weird about Kreese. I thought they were like...friends" Tory said.

"He seems like he wants us to show mercy. But he was never like that before he got all these students" he said.

He paused for a second. Then reached into his pocket. "Hey look what I got" he said. Then showed us the Medal of Honor.

"Holy shit" Tory said.

Aisha came up to our group suddenly. "Hawk and the other guys wanted to get something to eat....y'know since we're all drained" she

"I'll go" Miguel said.

I hope Tory doesn't want to go. I felt kind of weird after what happened between me and Eli before.

"Okay! We're gonna eat at that Chinese place in the mall" she told us then left.

"I'll meet you there?" Miguel questioned Tory.

"I don't know" she said. "Y/n...do you wanna go?" Tory asked. "You go without me" I told her. "C'mon Tory" he said while motioning his hand.

It seemed like he wanted to leave, get away from me.

Tory took one look at me and knew something was wrong. "Next time Miguel" she said.

"Okay...I'll see you" he said walking away. He waved bye to her then left.

I watched as Eli got into his car, he was with a couple of the other guys. He stared at me before he left.

That stare. You could just tell he was trying to torment me.

I watched them all drive away. Me and Tory went home and just hung out for the rest of the night. I kept thinking about Eli.

Why did he try to protect me from his fight with Miguel if he doesn't care. But if he doesn't care why would he say anything about me.

God this sucks. I just can't understand him.

"Hey!" Tory said. Waking me out of my day dream.

"Yes?" I said turning towards her.

"Listen, I gotta work tomorrow. So you can have my keys to the house. Just....take care of my brother for me....please" she said.

She sounded embarrassed. "Of course Tory"
I told her.

"After practice I'll leave you the keys. I'll be back probably around 10 or 11 pm" she said. "Okay that's fine" I said.

We didn't talk much after that.

But I couldn't fall asleep, I kept thinking about him. How it could've been with him.

I forced my eyes shut and didn't open them until I felt drowsy enough to fall asleep.

The next morning I woke up with a lot on my mind. But I tried to push it away. I couldn't be focusing on the wrong things.

Today I was gonna show everyone that I'm a fighter and deserve to be on this team, I can't care about Eli anymore.

Tory and I both woke up at the same time the next day.

I checked my phone, it was 10 am. We had some time before practice.

Tory made eggs for us and her little brother. She gave me a tall glass of water.

"Drink it all, trust me....it's the secret to being a good fighter" she informed me.

I shrugged and took a long sip. I used to dread going to practice but today was different then most.

Of course when Eli and I were together practice was just like hanging out with him in his room, so I enjoyed it.

When we first broke up I didn't understand the point of Cobra Kai. I wanted to quit. But, my feelings have changed.

I was almost excited for practice.

I finished my eggs and put the plate into the sink. I drank some more water and looked at my phone.

I had no notifications as per usual. So I looked people's stories. Miguel and Aisha posted a few things from the dinner last night.

It wasn't anything special.

I put my phone down and thought for a second. I needed something to do today.

We went to practice and it seemed like everything was normal.

Everyone started stretching.

Tory sat near Miguel and they started talking.

I didn't listen to it that much but I did hear Miguel asking Tory to go out with him.

"What about today?" he asked.

"I can't...working at the roller rink.

"Great let's turn it into a date night" he told her.

She agreed to go with him after a bit of arguing.

Then she faced towards me. She didn't say anything though.

Then Eli walked in. Miguel shot up and walked towards him.

They were having a conversation that was mostly whispers but after they did their stupid handshake.

Miguel sat back down near me and Tory and Eli went over to the rest of his asshole friends.

Sensei Lawrence came in a few seconds later.

"Everybody fall in" he demanded.

We all got in lines. Tory went behind Miguel and I was behind Eli.

"Today we'll be learning one of the most important lessons a Cobra Kai could ever know" he said.

"Where's Sensei Kreese?" Eli asked.

"Yeah...shouldn't we wait for the sensei emeritus before we get going?" Stingray then asked.

Sensei Lawrence made a sour face at him.

"....or not" Stingray finished.

"Mr. Kreese will no longer be joining us" Sensei explained.

Tory and I looked at each other confused.

"Seriously?" Tory muttered.

"I made a promise when I became your sensei. To always look out for your best interests. Despite how hard this may be for all of us...he didn't have our best interests at heart" he told us.

"John Kreese may have founded Cobra Kai but he not longer represents what this dojo stands for. His Cobra Kai was old and outdated. He refused to move forward. What happens when we do that Mr. Diaz?" he asked.

"You get stuck like cement" Miguel answered.

"Exactly" Sensei said.

"To be a great fighter you gotta learn to adapt. This creed on the wall. Follow it to the letter, it'll make you strong. It'll make you formidable. It will also make you an asshole" he explained.

"Cause that's just black paint on a white wall. But life's not black and white. More often then not it's grey. And it's in those grey areas where Johnny Lawrence's Cobra Kai....sometimes shows mercy" he then said.

Eli looked pissed and everyone was confused.

"Doesn't mean you can't be a badass. That's still a requirement. But you have to learn to think, not just with your gut or your fists....but to really use this" he said while pointing hardly at his head.

"Which leads me to today's lesson....head butting" he said.

He then broke the board with his head. It snapped clean in half.

He went into his office and everyone started to head but each other.

I raised my eyebrow and looked at Tory.

"What the fuck" I stated to her.

"I know right" she said.

"Why isn't Sensei Kreese teaching anymore? This is so retarded" she said.

"Hey I bet I can head but all you bitches!" Eli said. He smiled widely and laughed a bit.

Someone went up to him and he pushed his head foreward into their head harshly.

There was a large bang and the person fell to the ground.

"Me next!" Stingray exclaimed.

"God they're all weirdos" Tory laughed.

"He's such an asshole" I said under my breath while looking at Eli.

Tory looked at me and agreed. But then she turned back to Eli and smirked.

Oh god. What was she going to do.

"I hope you know you're not cool Hawk!" she told him.

He walked over with the same smirk he always has on. "Oh really? Why's that?" he asked turning his head slanted.

He paused for a second.

"Because beating people up for no reason just makes you look like a fucking asshole" Tory then snapped.

"At least I know that I don't fight like a little bitch"
he said with a shrug.

He smirked at me then looked at all of the guys and laughed.

"Oh fuck off" I muttered with a grimace on my face.

I could tell when he was trying to get a rise out of me, and this was one of those times.

I wasn't gonna run away crying though, it was gonna be different this time.

"Yeah...you know...um..why don't you let me try" I said.

He looked behind him and laughed a bit. "What was that Princess?" he asked.

I hate to admit that I used to like it when he called me that. But now he meant it in a way that I hated.

"I said....why don't you let me try?" I asked, louder now. I said it in a tone that was much more demanding than usual.

"Try what?" he asked. I could tell he was getting annoyed.

I pulled my head back, tucked in my chin and slammed my forehead into his face.

It hit him hard I could feel it.

It hurt but not as bad as I thought. It must've hurt worse for him.

Everyone who was watching started laughing.

"Hawk just got hit by a girl!" one of them chortled.

The laughter went silent as fast as it started.

I wondered why but I figured it out soon enough when I saw Eli's face.

"Oh shit" said Ass-Face.

I watched as blood dripped from Eli's nose.

It wasn't like any face that I had ever seen on him before. It frightened me.

"What the hell is everyone staring at!" Eli yelled.

Right as he said that everyone who was grouped around us walked away into their own groups.

Not Tory though, she stayed right next to me.

"What is your problem Hawk? It was obviously a joke" she told him, trying to cool him off.

"You did it to everyone else get a grip why don't you" she added.

He didn't say anything to Tory at all. He didn't even look at her. He just kept his eyes on me.

He got closer to me.

"Is that funny to you?" he then whispered.

He was trying to make me feel bad.

"Stop getting so mad Eli, you were doing the same thing to everyone else" I said in a calm tone.

He put his palms on my shoulders and pressed harshly.

Then he pushed me into the wall behind us. His push wasn't hard. It seemed like he just wanted to get me away from everyone else.

This time Tory didn't stay. I think she got scared.

He walked up closer.

"Don't you fucking call me that" he said.

I didn't say anything at first.

But then I remembered what I was trying to prove.

"You still think I should quit? I feel like I have a real killer instinct" I said with a smirk on my face. I was almost copying Eli.

His face changed as he realized that I wasn't just trying to be a bitch.

"Stop trying to be someone you're not" he whispered to me.

"Funny for you to say that" I replied.

"This is me. Get used to it Princess" he said. He tried to walk away but I grabbed his face before he could.

I pulled his face up close to mine.

"Don't ever say shit behind my back again, because I will find out. Next time you'll wish all I did was give you a bloody nose" I stated back.

My tone was calm the whole sentence. So calm that it was scary.

He looked shocked and confused. I can't blame him though. Even I was a little surprised.

But in the end I'm proud of myself for finally standing up to him and showing the team that I'm not afraid to fight.

He looked like he was gonna say something. He opened his mouth and hesitated.

"I would never hurt you as a joke" he then whispered in a defeated tone.

I almost felt bad, god why was he so bipolar?

He just walked away from me and started striking the punching bag.

"Oh my god Y/n" Tory said walking up
to me.

"What?" I asked cluelessly.

"Y/n.....that was.....so cool" she said.

"You saw? I didn't know anyone was paying attention" I told her. But that wasn't true. I knew people were staring, and I wanted them to.

"Yeah, that was crazy" she said.

"Oh shit...did it make me look bad?" I said in a nervous tone.

"No way. Now no one's gonna fuck with you since you got over your fear of fighting. You're awesome!" she encouraged.

"Thanks" I replied. That was kind of a backhanded compliment though, I mean I was never afraid of fighting, I just didn't feel the need for it.

The rest of the time we mostly practiced some moves. I kicked and punched the bag, Tory and I also mastered some blocking techniques.

I wanted to become stronger, better and, tougher for this team. I want to be one of the best on the team.

Practice was over soon enough. Tory and I had to leave because she worked but Miguel stayed after. He said he had to go over some moves.

He was gonna meet her later at her job anyways.

"Okay y/n. I gotta go to work, let's drive home and I'll come back later" Tory assured me.

"Okay let's go" I responded.

I drove this time. We got home and she gave me the house keys. I opened the car door and stepped out.

Tory got out of the car as well and went into the drivers seat.

"See you later y/n" she said.

"Bye" I waved.

"...have fun on your date with Miguel" I said with a wink.

She smiled and drove away.

I pushed the keys into the lock and slid the door open. Her little brother was sitting watching TV.

"What's up Gray" I said talking her Tory's little brother.

His name was Grayson but Tory told me to call him Gray.

He just looked and me then looked away. I remember Tory telling me he was a quiet kid.

"Watching spongebob?" I quizzed.

He nodded.

I went into the kitchen and looked in the cupboards. There was some bread, so I decided to make a sandwich for him.

I looked in the fridge. I guess I could make a peanut butter and jelly for him.

I put all the ingredients out and made the sandwich. Then I put it in front of him.

"Are you hungry?" I asked.

"Yeah" he returned.

He didn't even touch the sandwich though.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

He didn't answer, he just got up from the couch and ran over to where he kept some of his toys.

I went into the kitchen again and saw some fruit snacks and goldfish. I took them out and put the snacks in different bowls for Gray.

Maybe he'll want them later.

I sat back down on the couch and started watching some Spongebob. This was always my favorite show when I was younger.

I watched the show mindlessly while thinking about this strange love triangle that came into my life since I moved here.

Suddenly I found myself pretty tired and soon enough I dozed off into a deep sleep.

Eli POV

I was in awe. What the hell just happened. Out of everyone on this team. She's the one I'd least expect to ever hurt me.

I tried to turn away, but she grabbed my face.

I knew she'd give in. She's gonna try and kiss me, I almost couldn't wait to reject her and embarrass her in front of everyone.

Finally, revenge.

She was about to make contact when she instead of colliding her perfect lips with mine she opened her mouth.

"Don't ever say shit behind my back again, because I will find out. Next time you'll wish all I did was give you a bloody nose"

I knew I deserved it, I regretted saying all that shit. I needed to be angry but all I could feel was hurt.

I never thought she would hurt me, why not
Ass-Face or Stingray....if she was just trying to prove something.

"I would never hurt you as a joke" I whispered, I sounded sad.

Deep down I wanted to make her feel a little bad even though I needed to look hard on the outside.

It was true though, maybe she wasn't trying to
Now I turned and walked away, this time she let me go. My mind went in circles. I was so confused with what just happened.

I kicked and punched the bag trying to understand what the fuck just happened, but I was never great at multi-tasking

"Damn Hawk what was all that?" one of the guys questioned.

I stopped striking the bag and put my hands to my sides. I stared into his eyes.

"What?" I said. I said it in the most tired and annoyed manner.

"Just uhh..never mind man" he told me.

He spun around quickly

I didn't want to talk about it with anyone. I was angry.

I was still lost, I didn't need another stupid conversation to distract me from what just happened.

She eventually was going to find out the entire team was talking shit about her because she never fought.

To correct that, I made up rumors that she couldn't fight. I knew she could. But whatever, same shit.

I just didn't know she'd react like that.

I thought she'd leave the team after those rumors. That was my goal. If she left then I wouldn't be so tempted to talk to her all the time. I can barely control myself when she comes into the dojo.

I want her all to myself, I've never experienced something like this. She was special, but she just lets any guy touch her.

I could get angry just thinking about it.

I should have thought about it more, she's smart. There was no way she was gonna go for Ass-Face if she wanted to stop the rumors.

And she for sure wasn't leaving the team.

She knew that they were all afraid of me. If she hit me then no one would ever mess with her again.

I should have never been vulnerable with her. No wonder she's gonna show them she's tough by beating on me. She knows I would never hurt her.

Everyone left me alone as I hit the bag repeatedly. I knew they were talking about me. The only way I could make myself look tough again was if I prove it.

Next time we have a fight I'll be the one to win the whole fucking thing.

Practice ended but a few stayed to go over their moves. Miguel was one of them.

I practiced sparring with Miguel until everyone else left.

Sensei Lawrence was still just working in his office.

"Sensei what the hell are you doing in there?" Miguel asked him.

We had been sparring for about 10 minutes and there wasn't even a sound coming from his office.

"Leave me alone I'm staring at a picture of a hot babe! Try not to rip eachothers balls off why don't you?" he asked in an angry tone.

He probably wanted us to leave so he could go on his dating apps.

I went to grab my shit and went into the bathroom, I picked up a few paper towels and water to try and wipe off the mess on my face.

I could see it more clearly now, she made a cut in the center of my nose, how is that even possible?

I then took my gi off and changed into my other clothes. I had on a black t-shirt and black nike shorts.

I walked out and saw Miguel standing near the door, he was kind of staring.

He motioned his head towards the door, I nodded.

He held it for me and we both walked out. I sat on a bench that was in front of the dojo.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"What...do you mean?" he asked me in a clueless tone. It was so easy to see he was lying.

"Come on, you keep looking at me" I said.

"Hawk, I just feel weird" he admitted "Y/n is my friend, nothing else. I don't want her to think I don't like her, you know she was my first friend here" he informed me.

I didn't even know that.

"I'm sorry" I told him.

"I just...I just I feel so protective of her" I revealed.

He had a blank look on his face for a second. I shouldn't have said that. God why am I so off my shit today.

He didn't say anything. "Well don't just stare at me you dumb fuck what is it? " I asked eagerly. "No it's...it's dumb" he told me.

"Seriously just tell me" I said sternly.

"I don't feel that way about Tory" he replied.

"Miguel that has nothing to do with anything" I snapped.

He just smiled, he was used to my temper I guess.

"Just that...you love Y/n, like a lot" he said.

"Shut the fuck up" I hissed.

"Hawk...you know it's true.....I'm saying that maybe I don't like Tory as much as I think I do. Like what would you do if you saw....Ass-Face.....flirting with   Y/n" he asked.

My eyes closed as I imagined myself beating Ass-Face senselessly.

"Do I really have to say it?" I asked.

Miguel smiled and laughed at me. It seemed like he already knew the answer. Why does he think it's funny that I'll defend someone?

"Don't laugh at me, you saying you're not going to defend Tory if some jackass tries to get with her?" I questioned.

Miguel just stared and then sighed.

Damn maybe he is a piece of shit like me.

"Whatever......you should break up with Tory then. We can both be single" I suggested.

"You? Single? You are not single Hawk" he chortled.

"What? Yes I am" I replied confused.

"That thing you've got going on with y/n, definitely makes you taken" he informed me.

I was confused. I don't have a thing with her, she clearly wants nothing to do with me.

"Are you serious? She hates me" I stated.

Miguel just broke out laughing.

"What's so funny?" I questioned.

"There's no way she hates you" he told me.

"She teases you and you fall right into her trap" he said.

I got up. "What?!" I asked in a shout.

I thought to myself for a second. Maybe he was right, and maybe I was too much of an idiot to notice that Y/n still likes me.

"C'mon isn't it obvious?" Miguel asked me.

"Even if it is just teasing I don't have time for her tricks, she's a whore and just leads every guy on" I stated.

I didn't believe it for the most part but I have to say it.

"Bro what? You know she's Tory's friend, why're you talking mad shit all of a sudden?" he asked.

"You said it yourself she teases me and she does the same to everyone else too. She's a fucking slut. You probably don't like Tory because you like her!" I shouted.

"I said it before Hawk holy shit! She's our friend. Why are you so defensive over her! Everyone thinks you're acting crazy!" he admitted.

My face sunk. Is that really what they say?

He then shut his mouth for a second.

"Look man.....I'm sorry" he said while getting up, he reached his arm out to touch my shoulder. I didn't let him touch me though.

"You barely know what happened between us. You were the one who fell into her trap by believing that sob story she had about Mr. Larusso and Robby. It's all bullshit" I argued.

"Do you even feel bad? She doesn't have a family or anything! At least they didn't kick her out." he argued.

I knew exactly what he was trying to say and even he knew he hit a nerve by saying that to me.

I couldn't just stand here and argue anymore.

"Don't act like you know anything that happened, she lived with me not you! I let her into my house! You'd never do that!" I yelled.

I looked at his stupid face and couldn't stare at it any longer.

Before I could do anything he came towards me.
Attempting to punch me, I blocked it and hit him in the stomach instead.

He grunted in pain. I held him by the back of his neck.

I was about to punch him right in the face. I had him right where I wanted him.

Then someone gripped my arm with so much force it quickly was pulled down.

"Fucking serious?" they asked.

I was pushed backwards away from Miguel and right back into the bench.

I could tell by the voice that it was Sensei.

"Get the hell out of here guys! You're supposed to be fighting Miyagi-Do! Not eachother!" he shouted in a disappointed tone.

"Can't get a fucking minute" Sensei mumbled to himself.

Then he walked back into the dojo.

Then Miguel just turned around.

He got into his car and drove away without saying another word.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 2.8K 39
being fearless is something brought out by meeting that someone special, it was in cherish's case [𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐎𝐍𝐄] [MIGUEL DIAZ 𝐗 𝐎𝐂] [COBRA KAI...
105K 2.4K 38
𝐲/𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟐 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐛𝐫𝐚 𝐤𝐚𝐢 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐬. 𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐚...
9.2K 380 16
Y/N L/N moved to California last year, His assimilation to the LA lifestyle has been rocky in the nicest way. With absent parent at home, He doesn't...
140K 8.2K 42
-𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐍 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄𝐒 ᵉˡⁱ ᵐᵒˢᵏᵒʷⁱᵗᶻ '𝙄 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙥𝙪𝙧𝙜𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙪𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙨, ...