Who's Who: BoyxBoy Authors

By TheRegularNonsense

Need new boyxboy authors to read from? Curious as to the personality of authors you go GAGA over? Let me help... More

Who's Who: BoyxBoy Authors
Me! - TheRegularNonsense
Chennelle
HecDaevis
Avylinn
Kandyapple
ShadieTree
To My Readers

NawtEnoughKisses

1.1K 19 13
By TheRegularNonsense

Interview: NawtEnoughKisses

My Thoughts on NawtEnoughKisses: Nek is very interesting and I was able to have a smooth conversation with her. Well, this is probably a little biased seeing as we were friends even before the actual interview. She was very open and seemed to enjoy our interview together...

And actually I have to put a warning up because at times I might seem like a real prick to Neck but it's all fun and games and harmless awkward non-gay flirting. Maybe.

----

How are you doing Nek?

Tired. Sleepy. I actually have a headache. I want to update but don't have the energy.

Wait, before I continue, does it seem weird calling you Nek? I mean, everyone calls me DJ so, well...

Haha, no it's not weird. Some people either say NEK or Kisses.

Kisses sounds like the pet name a married couple would use.

I guess we married! Just kidding, but call me what you're comfy with. If I take too long to reply, it's 'cause I'm doing my hair.

Why would you take back your marriage proposal? Alright then, Neck it is. That was a pun that would only work through text by the way. Speaking of which, I need to get my hair did.

I'm not ready to strip and commit. Neck? Is that the pun?

Yes that's the pun!

I'm bad at puns. I just don't think that their [sic] that punny.

*They're

That "punny" pun doesn't count anymore. Too many people use it to be punny.

You still used it! No fair haha.

Yeah but mine was an irony pun so it didn't count. Don't we have an interview to be doing?

Haha, exactly. I thought this was part of the interview actually.

It is. All of this was comedic gold Nek. No way I wouldn't record it.

Let's keep rolling!!

Okay okay. Let me get my questions out. I wasn't even really that prepared.

I'll give you a few. I'm pretty dull today sooo.

I beg to differ. Now, let's start with a formal introduction. Please state your pen name or Wattpad username and then tell me about the genres you write.

My Watty name is NawtEnoughKisses [she makes kissy faces]... How the hell did I think of that? Haha, I honestly don't know. I wanted somehthing sultry and cute.

All I write on my NEK account is L(Gay)BT fiction ranging from mostly romance, drama, and comedy. I've been meaning to dip in some other genres but as you can see, I need to complete what I have.

So you say on your "NEK account". Does this mean you have another account?

Yeah but I don't use it. It's only like, one story up there ant that's Blood Brothers. I called [sic] myself being slick, making another account to start a new book but a fan called me out. I tried to change my writing up in Blood Brothers but I guess it didn't exactly work.

Wait a second, this is hilarious. So a fan realized that it was you? They were like, "Uh you're writing exactly as Nek would."?

Ugh this is actually funny thinking back on it. they inboxed me on both accounts and said that the writing was so similar and if it was me or not. I started to deny it.

They called you out on that too?

What do you mean by "that too"?

What did they do when you tried to deny it?

Oh! Haha, I never denied it, I was going to SO HARD. Instead I admitted it.

Oh okay okay. I got it. Man, is this an interview or a Catfish intervention?

HAHA, You got jokes for days DJ <3

Well, you know me. [winks] Why did you try to write under a different account anyway?

Because I had too much to handle on my main account.

It's my duty as the interviewer (and Sherlock fan) to put on my Sherlock Holmes hat and ask the pressing question: How was your main account too much to handle? Of course, this is America not England so you have the right to remain silent.

Haha, incomplete stories like now. I would feel guilty posting a new story when I haven't updated other stories. You can tell I didn't think this through because I haven't updated Blood Brothers in a year or so.

Since we've said the name of that book ten times now, I can safely say I'm pretty sure I have it in my library. Okay we're not even at the third question. Let's get back on track. Which would you say is your most popular book?

LOL! Most popular book would be "He's One Sexy Badass" it has been out since I started the account and has the most everything. Most of my fans got to my other books through HOSB.

And is this book finished Nek? I know we both have similar... "problems."

No! ): I started over last year and have yet to complete it!

Tsk tsk tsk. Well, in other news, why do you think HOSB is so popular?

It's been up since I've been on Wattpad for one... I guess it's funny? Haha, the main character is sassy and doesn't have a filter. It has your cliche bad boy and motorcycle. Not to mention the bully who is in love with the main lead.

I haven't read any of your books yet and that totally did NOT sell me Nek. It had everything that I hate. But I'll read it anyway because I love you.

Hahaha! Sorry it didn't sell you. It's cool if you don't. So glad you're honest about it.

Honesty is the best policy. But I'll really read it once you finish. So what got you into writing boyxboy?

True! And well, that's one less read I'll have to worry about haha. I'm kidding. I really want to finish it.

Fan fictions and yaoi manga! Fanfiction.net was my favorite! <3 I honestly don't know how I landed there, but I did. Everything before that is blank.

Our roots are similar!

How!

Gay fan fiction opened the door for boyxboy writing for me.

*hi five* :D

On a more serious note, how do you cope with writer's block? Oops! [high fives] Don't want to forget that.

Well lately I've been coping by ignoring the computer. I usually listen to music or read. At times I type a bunch of gibberish and try to make something out of it. If I'm unlucky, I'll start another book.

And thus we have a vicious cycle.

Exactly! See, you understand me.

More than I'd like to admit haha.

Haha, thanks DJ.

No problem, and since we're on the topic of starting new stories, how do you come up with new plots?

Dreams, music other stories that influence me such and such. Mostly music honestly. If you didn't know, all I do is listen to music.

So I'm guessing you listen closely to lyrics and stuff?

Yasss! It's in the lyrics and the beat and the voice actually.

I understand the concept of being inspired by music, but it doesnt work for me when trying to come up with a brand new story.

I don't know. Music just has a big impact on me.

My sister is the same way. Music is her life.

I need music to clean. Shower. Dress. Music is bae if no one else is.

Uhm, I thought I was. Didn't you just propose to me? Jeez.

Like I said, I can't strip and commit. You can be my side hoe. Haha, I kid! <3

Clearly NawtEnoughKisses is the right name for you...

Oh no you didn't!

Anyway, let me ask you another interview question while I pick up the pieces of my heart: Favorite all time Wattpad book?

THAT.... is one question I refuse to answer.

Scared of the ripple effect?

No, I'm not scared of anything [puts on glasses]. That's just a tough question that I cannot answer. So many great stories to pick through. Plus I haven't been reading lately. I just haven't been doing anything lately.

If I ask the question again are you going to give me another politcal answer?

No. I will just say SKIP. [blows a kiss] It is honestly, a tough question.

Why don't you just say Preparing for the Tide/That Indian Boy? That'd make it easier. I'm slimming your choices for you.

That's one of them that would be in mind!

You're darn tootin'!

Not actually familiar with that expression haha but I'm guessing you're saying I'm lying. I'm not.

No no, it's like this really country thing that just means, "You bet!"

Ah damn! I was close? That's a different "really country" because I'm surrounded by really country people haha!

I know! We're Carolina girls! How could I, a North Carolinian, have heard it before a South Carolinian? Your state is deeper down south.

Well. I don't know? I guess it's rarely said here? Haha. I was raised by my New York family members so I picked up their expressions and most of the accent. My dad is deep in the Southern roots though.

Wait a second, I don't want people reading this to get misconceptions about me. I don't just walk around saying really Southern things. I was just saying it to be funny until Neck didn't get it.

Hahahaha, I'm slow. Especially today. Like, I still don't get Neck?

That was the pun on your name remember?

Break it down for me real quick.

Oh my God. Nek sounds like Neck, get it?

....

NEXT QUESTION!

Ugh okay! So surely you have an all time favorite book in general! It doesn't have to be a Wattpad book since you're scared of the ripple effect.

Oh my Godddd. You still testing me!

Aren't we supposed to have marital arguments?

Favorite book(s) would have to be "Midnight" by Sister Souljah and "Midnight ant the Meaning of Love"... I will divorce you!

I saw an old video of Sister Souljah cussing out these white people. It was a gospel in the making. So, are we married or not?

Hahaha oh Lord. I had nothing to do with that. I love my white people.

This is so difficult. I can't commit yet, I have a Wifey alread. If you down with sharing and pairing.

Is the other wifey Chennelle?

No. She's off limits apparently... *cough: Lia*

I should have known. I'll talk to Lia about that during our interview [puts on cool glasses]. Next question! Why do you like those two books so much?

I couldn't put it down! I had the perfect sound track in my head. It was thrilling. It was a movie! I've read it twice already.

Twice each?

The first book mostly since it took awhile until I could buy the second book. I've been meaning to revisit them both though.

Maybe I'll check it out since I know who Sister Souljah is. Now, what would you do if you caught someone stealing your work. Remember, copying is the best compliment.

Stealing my work... as in copying and pasting the exact same story or using the plot?

Plots are fickle business. But I mean, copying word for word or even event for event, only bothering to change names.

Damn, they must have serious time on their hands because they'll be waiting a long ass time to copy the complete story, hahaha! But um, I think I woud feel some type of way. I would approach them (their inbox of course) and kindly ask them WHY??

Any further action?

If they don't take it down, I would report thei ass. What more could I do?

I'd suggest torment and torture, seems to work a lot.

Kinky, wait! How do you know?

Experience... Moving along!

I'm scared of you. I'll answer everything honestly now, I swear.

Such as who the wifey is?

Oh! Hahah! Wifey is the guy I've been telling you about.

Oh oh oh! Okay! We'll ignore that since that's personal bidness. [winks]

True, everyone would be confused anyway, hahaha.

Alright, so if someone offered to edit your work for you would you find that pretentious of them?

Hm. Good question. I could use a little editing or suggestions. I think it would depend on the approach and who it was. I applaud anyone willing to read through my work and edit! Hahahah! But again, it depends.

Exactly. A lot of the editors on here can get a little self righteous.

True. True. Like... I don't need you! Haha. Okay I kinda do.... But still!

Haha, okay Ms. Neck. I only have about two more questions for you. Can you handle it?

I can handle anything you throw. [puts on glasses]

Hold on, I don't even know if I really have two questions left. Let me look!

Okay, just kidding. I do. Man, this was supposed to flow and I ruined it.

Hahaha, okie. It's cool, it's cool.

The next question was, what process do you go through when editing your work?

Aw that's boring. I basically reread it and see what sound better. I try to replace words. Such and such.

It was only boring because it didn't flow from the previous question properly! We keep getting side tracked. And because you have a boring answer. Chennelle uses a typewriter for heaven's sake!

Oh oh oh so it's me now? See, this marriage was doomed from the start! So you cheating on me with Chennelley and her typewriter!?

Are you dumb?? Do I look like I want to face Lia??? Now if her typewriter is good looking enough... Anyway, you already made it clear that you didn't want to settle.

Hahaha!! You seem like a risk taker. You're adventurous enough! Fighting lions and stuff! Oh my god, I'm done. Ha, you can be my Wattpad Wifey.

Ugh, give it a rest. You're lucky I have one question left.

No? Okay. Jeez.

I love you and we'll talk about this after the interview because we're being rude to the readers.

Yeah yeah yeah. The readers love drama/action. Give them what they want! Fine.

So where was our action? [wiggles eyebrows].

[wink] Next question, right? Right.

Ugh, okay. Who is a little known Wattpad author you'd recommend, if you know any.

[ It is at this point that Neck decides to take nearly a milennia to answer, perhaps to 'look up someone on her Wattpad app' yet I know that our marital arguments have begun to take a toll on her and she has grown annoyed. My KIK message remains a painful "R" for "Read"]

[Finally she says-]

Unhollywood, who changes their name too many times for me to keep up.

What took you so long to reply? [This, I think, is a reasonable question.]

I was going to use the name I knew them by but the username didn't work haha. [It was] Originally Loversbait.

[I put aside my suspicions as to her lengthy time to reply to continue my job as an interviewer] Right, those usernames actually sound familiar to me.

But honestly over anything, TIB needs to blow up! Can I recommend your story instead?

[She's tyring to butter me up.] Are you trying to butter me up after our fights?

I'm really not! >:(

[Fed up with Neck's unwillingness to treat me with the respect our martial vows promised, I decided that it's time to wrap up the interview]
Okay well, this marks the end of our interview! do you have any parting words?
[Sure to be wearing my most polite, text-based smile].

Please pray for me, hope, wish, threaten me until I get back into shape for writing! I really need to update! Be good [readers], stop by my inbox!

[Yet she does not know that she will need these prayers for another reason.] It was such a pleasure to interview you Neck.

My deepest and darkest pleasure!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.2K 3.8K 45
"Bak Arat... İyisin, hoşsun, şu dünyadaki herkesi alabilecek geniş bir kalbin var ama bu dünya o dünya değil kardeşim. Anlıyor musun? Kimsenin kimsey...
51.3K 833 10
- Geç yatağa. + Hocam? Sabır diler gibi gözlerini kapatmış, iri elleriyle yüzünü sıvazlıyordu. Soğuk bakışları ve ürpertici ifadesiyle beni süzerek g...
174K 8.5K 30
Eski sevgilisine içinde kalanları sövmek için yazan Yaren numarayı yanlış yazıp dünyanın en önemli iş insanlarından birine denk gelirse ne olur... Si...
19.5K 2.1K 75
Mafya ve polisin aşkı