ethereal || e. pevensie

annevanx

❛be my light and guide me through the dark❜ - ☽. Еще

prologue
01 | first clue
02 | men in black
03 | midnight guests
04 | a night before the ball
05 | a foggy night
06 | black herbs
07 | into the woods
08 | good deeds
09 | castle in between
10 | a stray soul
12 | under the moonlight
13 | blood & betrayal
14 | one of them
15 | depts of the ocean
16 | the river nymphs
17 | hurdle of faith
18 | before the sun rises
19 | to believe or not
20 | a howl of wisdom
21 | one step away
22 | turning point
23 | the spark inside
24 | alter plan
25 | a farewell
epilogue

11 | the other realm

253 20 3
annevanx

"You sure you don't want me to come along?" Leon asked as he helped the king wear his coat.

"She said that the fewer people who go there the better it would be," Edmund replied.

Leon nodded his head in agreement. The queen had sent a letter to the Tmanian and they've agreed to meet up with the Just King only if he comes alone. And the letter comes with an invitation for the queen since it's been a long time since she last visited.

"Then be careful, you aren't fully healed," he stated before handing the king his sword. "I'll be fine," Edmund reassured him with a nod. He took the sword and went out of his room.

By the time they both arrived at the castle ground, a carriage was prepared. It was a simple wooden carriage with two horses on the front. Edmund took a glance at the queen. "Your body isn't ready to ride a horse," she stated before clambered inside the carriage. He knew the reason the queen choose a simple carriage was for their safety. Using the royal carriage would gain much-unwanted attention that could harm their life. Edmund followed her inside the carriage before seated himself across from her. He put his sword beside him and looked at the scenery outside the window.

A few minutes later, the carriage started to move and soon they were on the road towards the Tmanian. A step closer to finding the young queen. They passed a small village on the Northside of Vremoor. Then they were met by two giant stones that lead to a tunnel underneath the mountain. Elena climbed down the carriage as Edmund followed behind her. They both walked towards the tunnel.

Everything was a total black before soft glimpses of light were seen outside the window. "Fireflies," Edmund mumbled under his breath as his eyes everted from one to the another light. It was the first time he saw such an incredible view, unlike the queen. He was too focused on those fireflies that he didn't realize Elena was a few meters away from him.

"Are you coming?" she asked. "Sorry," he managed to whisper.

"Where are we going?" he looked around the tunnel as he didn't see any path. The tunnel itself leads to a dead end since there's a giant stone stood vividly. "Down," she replied before knocking her sword twice on the stone wall next to her. Edmund waited for some time but nothing happened. She then stomped her foot twice to the ground underneath her and a light was seen from the other end of the tunnel. It only took a second for Edmund to realize that it was a cage. He took a few steps back and a crack was heard. He looked down and it was then he saw human bones scattered on the ground. A low growl was heard and was followed by heavy stomps. Edmund pull his sword out and was ready to attack but Elena held his arm as a signal for him to calm down.

Being the stubborn person he was, of course, he didn't listen. He held his breath while the creature approached them. It started with slow steps but it became quicker and it ran towards the king as if the creature had targeted him. It was twice the size of a lion and it got pair of broken horns on the back of its ears. Its skin was covered with rough scales. Its deadly green eyes were looking directly towards Edmund's soul and it looked like it was about to rip him apart.

Elena grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the creature before throwing a pinch of herbs that she had taken from her pocket earlier. The creature let out a high pitch squeal.

Elena ran towards the cage and pulled a trigger. The stone around her shook and another tunnel was seen beside her. "Come on," she shouted towards the scared king. Elena sighed before rushing towards him and pulling him along to the tunnel. The creature followed them and as soon as they stepped their foot inside the tunnel, Elena pulled another trigger and the stone wall closed right in time. A second waste, then their life would also be wasted.

"What was that thing?" Edmund asked with a heavy breath. "Atarka, the guardian of the realm that separates our world towards the Tamanian's," she replied before pulling out her sword and stabbing it just a few centimeters away from the king's head. Edmund widen his eyes as tilted his head and saw the shining blade was deep inside the stone.

"What did you just do-" before Edmund could've finished his words, the ground beneath them shook and a hole was seen. "As I said before we're going down," Elena stated before she took a rope that was hidden between the stone and jumped down towards the hole.

Edmund took the rope in his hand but a second later he discovered that the stone was tied to a stone. He sighed in relief before he followed her down the hole.

──────

Although this wasn't the first time the queen stepped her foot there. She was just as mesmerized as Edmund. The world looked completely different from what anyone could've imagined and it was entirely different from where they were from. Many different kinds of animals flew across the blue sky. The grass they were standing on swayed along with the warm breeze that touched their skin. Floating islands were seen in front of them as there were bridges that connect an island to another.

"Greetings to you, Queen Elena," a voice greeted from behind. Elena turned around and was met with an old man whose hair was white and had the same height as her. His left hand was holding a stick that helped him support his weight. A chain of necklaces that was made from many different colors was dangling on his neck.

"Chief," Elena bowed to show her respect to the elder man. "It's been an honor to visit again."

"The pleasure is all ours," the chief replied with a warm smile.

She nudged Edmund's arm since he didn't do anything. "C- chief," he gave him a slight bow.

"You must be, King Edmund The Just."

"Indeed, I am."

"Welcome to the Tmanian's realm," he chuckled. Edmund for once didn't expect that the chief of the Tmanian would be so welcoming towards a new guest like himself. And his thought was entirely wrong since the chief was different from what he had imagined before.

"Thank you, chief."

"Queen Elena had told me about the accident," the old man said. "Let's discuss this matter somewhere more appropriate, shall we?"

They followed the chief to a bridge that lead to the biggest island that was located in the middle. There were a few bamboo houses where the villagers lived. And there was a massive bonfire that was built in the center of the island. Both the queen and the king were greeted by the chief's descendants. And they sat in a circle, gathering the bonfire.

"I believe you've heard that our ancestors had found an island," the chief said as Edmund replied with a nod. "As the legend says, the island could only be found in a certain period of time and certain people. By the grace of Aslan, they found the island. The Great Lion told them to harvest some of the flowers and turn them into herbs. So our ancestors did what he said and until this very day, us Tmanian are sworn to protect the black herbs. We lived in prosperity all thanks to Aslan and the black herbs. We produce it for those who are in need and the herbs have saved countless lives. But as news spread across the country about how powerful the herbs are, many people have tried to steal them. So our ancestors build this realm to protect it."

"But a few months ago, somebody broke into our realm and stole it. We've tried to hold them off but they were too powerful. There were only a few men but they were highly trained. In the end, they managed to escape," the chief explained.

"Did they leave any clue behind?" Edmund asked.

"They're well prepared but there is one thing they left for us," the old man answered as he signaled his son to give it to the king. Edmund took it from the chief's son as he opened the letter. As he suspected, there was only an empty paper. "Although, it isn't much of a help," he added.

"As long as there's a clue then it would help," Edmund replied. "Thank you."

"Could you lead us to where they stole it?" Elena politely asked.

"Of course, my son here would lead you to it."

──────

The chief's son opened the door before they entered the bamboo house. It was twice the size of a normal bamboo house since it was made to produce the so-called black herbs. There was a medium size cabinet made out of wood and a stove on the other side of the room. A table stood in the center as there were stone grinders and knives neatly placed on it.

"What's on that cabinet?" Edmund asked. The chief's son took out a piece of key from his pocket and opened the lock of the cabinet. "The upper shelves are the black herbs while the flowers are placed on the bottom."

"Was it open on the day it was stolen?"

"The cabinet is always locked. My father and I are the only ones who have the key to it."

"Then they must've been here before," Elena and Edmund concluded in unison. They both glanced at each other for a mere second before looking away. The feeling when they looked at each other was something they've never felt before but they shrugged it off.

"We're willing to help you find your sister. After all, it has something to do with the black herbs and it's our responsibility."

- ☽.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

179K 3.6K 65
"I want you to promise me that you will find someone that will love you as much as I have" | THE COMPLETE TRILOGY |
57.4K 1.3K 16
"They're here." Aslan says. "Who's here?" I ask him. Aslan didn't answer me, he just roared. Then it got to me, the Pevensies have come back.
73.8K 1K 25
imagines/short stories based on the Narnia characters requests are closed for now i do not own any of these characters.
89.9K 2K 38
"A certain darkness is needed to see the stars" - Gwendolyn Rose Pevensie •comment • vote • (In need of editing, read at your own risk) 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜...