Arranged to the Alien

By justanotherplum

She gasped and used the little strength she had left to turn around and look at the man, but certainly not a... More

| Introduction |
1 | Safe
2 | Stay
3 | Flower
4 | Run
6 | Nightmares
7 | Middle Finger
8 | Portal
9 | Rebo Iea
10 | Touch
11 | Pregnant
12 | Heir
Author's Note!
13 | Cute
14 | Gun
NEW WEREWOLF BOOK IS OUT!
15 | Wedding
16 | Trying
17 | Love
18 | Baby
19 | Newlyweds
20 | Terrible People
21 | Labor
22 | Betrayal
23 | Planet 51
24 | Control
25 | Jump
| The End |

5 | Cold

16.4K 731 127
By justanotherplum

Out of curiosity, how did you find this book? Through my other ones? Tags? My profile? Or any other way? I'm super curious and knowing this will help me know how to promote future books! Thank you in advance for letting me know and for reading this book! ❤️

He set fire to the world around him but never let a flame touch her

While his warnings of the night time rang in her head, jaws clamped down on her arm, making her scream out in agony. The terrifying unworldly beast released her suddenly as the ground under them gave away, sending them both into a frozen lake. The creature was no longer interested in using her as a snack, but rather fighting for his own survival now.

It used its claws as anchors in the dirt and clawed it's way out, leaving Posie to drown. She frantically grabbed at the frozen ground, desperately trying to get a grip in the dirt. Though her face was above the water now, she was still finding it almost impossible to breathe. The frigid water sent her body went into shock, locking up her limbs and making her unable to move.

"Posie!" A familiar voice barked in the distance.

For the first time since she's been here, she wanted to call out to him, but it was as if the freezing cold water had frozen her vocal chords. She opened her mouth and nothing but a raspy squeak came out. A tear slipped down her cheek and her head began to slip under the water.

"Posie! Where!?" Kyros spoke, the sheer authority, outrage, entitlement, and jurisdiction all wrapped in his voice was absolutely frightening.

She screamed as someone easily picked her out of the water by the back of the shirt, and that's when the adrenaline kicked in. The said person laid her flat on their chest, and though her screams were hoarse, she thrashed and kicked and did everything she could to get away.

"Posie stop! Posie safe!"

She continued to thrash until she realized it was Kyros. Her movements stilled when their gazes met. He cradled her face as she laid flat on top of him, his heated gaze burning holes into hers.

She opened her mouth to speak, but instead came out a soft whimper, followed by a sob. He saved her, and boy did he look pissed, but yet her shoulders shook in uncontrollable sobbing.

He so terribly wanted to comfort her, but wanted to strangle her all in the same. To whisk her away and remind her she is the safest woman in the galaxy with him, but also instill the living fear of God in her so she'd never run away again.

Through her tears, she spotted the creature that attacked her, dead on the floor. Dead before it could finish the job. She hated herself for feeling a flicker of gratitude, of feeling protected. The only downside was that her "protector" looked like he wanted to kill her at this moment.

She couldn't take it anymore and sobbed even harder, collapsing against the massive alien's torso. She wrapped her arms around his waist in a hug, trembling violently against his body.

He laid there, shocked, before his brain finally yelled at him to return the gesture, whatever this was. He was mindful of his sharp scales, knowing if they dragged against her the wrong way, they could cut her. Being as gentle as he could, he placed his right arm around around her, holding her against him.

He sat up and cradled her in his large arms. "Posie safe and warm." He rough voice did his best to encourage as he tenderly scooped her up and ran them back to their home, praying he wouldn't slip on some ice along the way.

He thanked God no one was around to see them and rushed her to the bed. He tugged wordlessly at her clothes, asking her to take them off.

She continued to tremble, her lips turning blue.

"Damnit." He muttered. When did he learn that word?

He carefully reached for the buttons on her top, but cold, shivering hands clamped down over his. Her teeth were chattering as she stared at him in the upmost panic and fright, shattering his heart.

Kyros switched the positions of their hands so his was on top, engulfing hers. His lavender eyes softened as they gazed into her red, puffy ones. "Safe." He reminded her, softly.

Though she still seemed unsure, there was no way her trembling hands could function enough to take her clothes off. Kyros took Posie lowering her hands as permission, unbuttoned her top, and threw it carelessly behind him. He was a gentleman and didn't look until he could find his biggest and warmest clothes to drape over her. He took the remains of her pants off and helped her slip on new ones.

He grouchily talked her through everything he was going to do the best he could before he did it, wanting to be as respectful as possible- despite his attitude. "Down, yes?"

She finally was able to nod this time and helped him move herself a little bit to lay back and pull the thick blankets over her. He announced he'd be right back, disappearing into the back part of the room, before coming back with multiple blankets. He laid them over her trembling body, sighing in relief when she started to get a little more color, and sat on the edge of the bed next to her.

His intense eyes studied her silently. His jaw ticked every couple minutes, his sharp teeth grinding against each other as he thought. His horrifyingly large arms flexed every time he'd run his hands on his thick thighs.

It was terrifying how large he was. A ruthless predator.
Yet, here he was, taking care of the most fragile being he's ever laid eyes on.

After a few more minutes, she was able to speak. "I know you're mad and I shouldn't have ran off at night." She shivered and looked away shamefully.

His eyes snapped up to look at her, surprised she spoke. His gaze was so strong, she felt it. "Scared." He exasperated, lips drawn into a frown.

"About me? You were worried about me?"

He frowned at the word, not sure about its meaning. The book was thankfully often kept on the bed, and he skimmed through the pages to find it.

Worried. Or worried sick, was another option in the book. That explained his feelings perfectly. He nodded, his lips in a straight line, showing no expression.

She hesitated, not really knowing how to explain her surprise to him. Her teeth caught her lower lip as she thought for a moment, struggling to find the right words to say.

A low growl rumbled in his chest, making her tense. Did she do something wrong? Though it terrified her to do so, she looked up at his face to see what he was so suddenly mad at. His direct eyes were on her bloodied arm.

She couldn't even question or reassure him before he stormed off to his bathroom.

While he had his "potty break" she decided to inspect her arm herself. She winced at the looks of it. It bled heavily, with little pieces of mud poking out of it, but she didn't think it required stitches.

Once Kyros returned to her again, he grumbled something hastily under his breath and his big hands ever so gently moved her hand away from her arm. His movements slowed for a moment as his brain registered she didn't flinch this time. He shook his head and placed the items he brought with him on the bed. It was various leaves, plants, a bowl of water, and vines.

Oh, so he didn't have to piss.

She sighed as his eyes landed on it, a chill noticeably running down her spine.

"Safe," his galaxy for eyes, softening ever so slightly.

He scooted closer to her and instead of grabbing her arm, he held his hand out. He wanted her to be the one to decide that he could help her. He wanted her to trust him. Just this once.

She sucked in a sharp breath and bravely placed her arm in his hand. With careful hands, he inspected the bite wound and then dipped a cloth in the bowl and lightly wiped away the blood. He winced for her as she squirmed in pain.

She grabbed the pillow beside her and hugged it tightly to her chest, hiding her face in it. His heart clenched at the sight. If it were up to him, she'd never see a drop of her own blood ever again.

"I'm sorry," her muffled voice spoke softly as she rubbed her tired eyes. "I'm just so overwhelmed."

With one of the leaves, he mushed it up with the remaining water in the bowl until it made a paste. He applied that to her arm and it almost immediately took the burning pain away. It didn't sting like the other paste did. He declined her apology as he bandaged her arm. "Any else hurt?"

She nearly cracked a smile at his broken English. It was.... almost cute to see such a giant, intimidating alien-man, with a deep baritone voice, have the vocabulary of a toddler. "Just shaken up.... and very cold." She shivered, tightening her grip on her many blankets.

His jaw clenched and he nodded his head. She could tell he so desperately wanted to say more, but couldn't. Or maybe rather he just chose not to. Instead, he told her to sleep. Or "seep," as he would say. He picked up his pillow and laid it on the floor between the bed and the entrance of the room.

She was grateful he kept a boundary between them, but she couldn't help but feel bad he's been sleeping on the floor to protect her for the past several days.

She rolled over and peeked over the side of the bed to find him already staring at her, curiously.

"Posie okay?" He grunted, tiredly.

She anxiously bit her lip. "Yes, but, umm...." She trailed off, not sure how to word her next sentence. "I just wanted to... to thank you. I see why going out at dark is so dangerous now, and I don't..." she cut herself off with a sigh.

He didn't catch all of that, and he didn't want to assume, but he did pretty much know what she was trying to say. And frankly, it was endearing how flustered she was.

So, he played stupid.

She sighed and explained it again with more hand gestures. As she explained it again and his knowing smirk grew, she caught on. The little shit was toying with her.

She playfully rolled her eyes and laid back down on the bed made of hay. She yawned, the day's events catching up to her. "Thank you, Kyros."

•••

And thank you for 700 reads!!!

Update: 296,000 reads omg 🥹

If you haven't already, please scroll to the top of the chapter and check out a question I have there! Thank you! Hope you enjoyed!

Please don't forget to comment and vote!!

Question of the chapter: what's your reaction to Posie apologizing? Do you think it will last?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.2K 3.1K 44
I held her waist to keep her from falling I knew she was female from her petite waist. I looked down at her, her hazel green eyes captivating me, I w...
2M 62.5K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...
388K 2.4K 8
A naive badass girl and an out worldly beautiful alien, a mere human against a brutal hidden beast ..what can happen let's see I wrote this story on...
5.3M 201K 116
The edited version of this book is being updated under the name "That's Inappropriate, Mr. King." Twenty-two-year-old Anna wonders if she will ever f...