The Revenant Queen 2 (wlw)

By Kailaniarcher

FANTASY/ LESBIAN FICTION Chaos spreads among the supernatural world and amid the violence, hatred, and sabota... More

Author's Note
Epigraph
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty- Two
Chapter Twenty- Three
Chapter Twenty- Four
Chapter Twenty- Five
Chapter Twenty- Six
Chapter Twenty- Seven
Chapter Twenty- Eight
Chapter Twenty- Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty- One
Chapter Thirty- Two
Chapter Thirty- Three
Chapter Thirty- Four
Chapter Thirty- Five
Chapter Thirty- Six
Chapter Thirty- Seven
Chapter Thirty- Eight
Chapter Thirty- Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty- One
Chapter Forty- Two
Chapter Forty- Three
Chapter Forty- Four
Chapter Forty- Five
Chapter Forty- Six
Chapter Forty- Seven
Chapter Forty- Eight
Chapter Forty- Nine
Chapter Fifty- One
Chapter Fifty- Two
Chapter Fifty- Three
Chapter Fifty- Four
Chapter Fifty- Five
Chapter Fifty- Six
Chapter Fifty- Seven
Chapter Fifty- Eight
Chapter Fifty- Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty- One
Chapter Sixty- Two
Chapter Sixty- Three
Chapter Sixty- Four
Chapter Sixty- Five
Chapter Sixty- Six
Chapter Sixty- Seven
Chapter Sixty- Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Fifty

1.5K 110 55
By Kailaniarcher

"Please, you have to let them in! You have to!" Shouted Colette with tears in her green eyes. Every breath she took after that rant was sharp and rugged and it was so due to her imagination. Graphic imagery of Oliver and the others being jabbed to death with the arrows that rained in the distance encumbered her other thought processes and her will to move a muscle. The girl was so traumatized; Why was the young man even out there? How did he manage to escape from the giants? No, no. It didn't matter thought the girl while she balled her fists tightly beside her, saying a quiet prayer for Oliver and the others too.

Colette wasn't the only one troubled nor praying for them, they all witnessed the people as they ran with zeal, most of them dodging from the storming arrows. It was unfortunate, for they had the displeasure of seeing a man get impaled through the back of his skull, the arrow sticking out his right socket, his eye dangled from the tip. He died instantly, this man, his body becoming fuel for the egregious fire that encompassed him almost immediately.

"God," Colette mumbled, turning her face away and swallowing her spit down to her churning stomach.

"Help!" Oliver yelled as he ran, his knees cracking with each harsh movement; he ran so hard and that was because death was near again for the third time. She was so close, he could smell her. Her aroma was foul and she tasted bitter when he accidentally rested his lips upon her due to him slipping, the end flashed in front of him. And oh god the sound, of people willing to lay down their lives to make sure his and the others were taken, how esurient that sound was. He'd never forget it, like a symphony encouraged by death, each note was a signature of her reality.

"Open the shield," instructed Adira and Aksel studied her with concern.

"Do you see what is coming behind them? If I open the shield the consequences of the number in death would be plenty,"

"Just do it, open the god-damned shield!" Her majesty replied, her strident voice booming at the man who did not take offence.

The raven head looked around quickly to see familiar faces, Lyra and Sal and she instructed them, she didn't want her girl to be there when the shield was pulled back. "Take Colette inside, please,"

The people nodded at their instructions, whisking away and dragging the unwilling girl along with them.

"No! Wait, no!" She fought against them.

"Now is not the time," warned Adira. "Open the shield, Aksel."

Faintly, they could still hear a recalcitrant Colette battling with the personnel told to remove her from the danger. "Don't fucking touch me!" Hissed the girl to which Lyra backed up, putting her hands down to her side. She knew now that the brunette was not someone she could push around anymore, she may not have seen it for herself but recounts from persons who did was ample evidence she needed to take a subtle approach.

Elated that the two people had given her space, Colette watched as the hail of arrows continued to sting the earth, falling into trees and the broken water fountains outside the barrier. A few people dropped due to getting impaled. Some patted their clothing hurriedly after being grazed by the fire but they never stopped running to get to safety, the safety in which the people stood behind, studying them as they played that awful sprinting game. 

Howbeit, it was not for long for the man who was told to lift the barrier from around them did. He waved his magic, his fingers illuminating that unfamiliar glow as he spoke to the shield that slowly began to dissipate.

Arrows, fiery and slicing through the air as angry bullets shot onto the ground beside them, causing Colette to flinch. Several slipped onto the roof of the manor, their burning tips sparking a fire upon impact. These arrows were huge: long and girthy, they buzzed through the air, so noisily, so synchronized.

Revenants tried to take cover by rushing into the nearest buildings but the queen shielded her people from the raining arrows in the final moments of their descend. Her telekinetic abilities made the deadly weapons pause for a moment and the revenant beheld the wonder. Despite a dangerous thing, the lit arrows were aesthetically beautiful, a sight one of those renowned artists in time would've fawned over, gladly capturing and named something along the lines of "Midnight Rain".

The paused arrows ultimately did a one-eighty, hurdling back to the source from which they came and witnesses to this felt a rush of adrenaline.

Thankful to have been rescued before something detrimental happened to them that fled into the cocoon which had been the queen's bosom, Oliver hyperventilated when he neared.

"Your grace!" He fell to his knees. "I.. I.." he held his stinging chest. Lungs that were enflamed struggled to breathe, words did not cooperate but fear was the only thing that was not altered. "I was delivering your message when the giants attacked. The people that were sent to fetch Colette's family have all been crushed in the trucks back there," he wheezed as he pointed behind him and Colette heard this.

"We are here only because we hid,"

"What?!"

She stormed up toward the queen who turned to her. "It is not something you should worry about, they are fine. They were being monitored by revenants. The ones here were supposed to fetch them to us."

"My family are hours away, Adira," snapped the fiery brunette.

"I cannot argue about this now, Colette, just trust me," said Adira and it was evident the woman was under so much stress. She too was wide-eyed and breathing rapidly. Nonverbal pleas were allotted to the young woman to remain tranquil but Adira was met with questions and reluctance.

"I wouldn't just leave your family out there by themselves mon amour, but for now I need you to get inside, please. We will fix this," confided Adira and Colette humbled despite not wanting to. There was so much fear and tension ladened on the woman's visage, how could she ignore that? How could she remain hesitant and defiant? Adira looked so troubled. She could see the woman fighting the urge to not resort to harming even in the face of the certainty of it.

Bending down at Oliver's side, the girl helped him to his feet. "Miss Rivers," he said in a trembling voice. "C'mon, Oliver," she whisked them both away, disappearing inside parts of the manor that was still intact.

The moment Colette and the young Oliver entered the manor to seek asylum, the queen regarded the darkened parts of her home and then took off with a speed, leaving the people who gathered around the ruins to study her with intrigue.

Aksel was among the people who saw her sprint away and once before he had been fortunate to see her in action but it wasn't for long and she fought her mother, a fight he knew deep within his heart that bought women fought holding back a large percentage of their strength. Albeit, now he got to see what Adira was made of, being half deal devil and a half into sorcery and in his being he felt concern and interest.

To the approaching battalion of Orcs and vampires who raced to the main building, they stopped abruptly at the empty vicinity they came upon well into a minute later. Nothing but rubbles stood in their way.

"Be wary men," said someone as the grunting, heaving people cast their sharp gazes around. They expected to be duped since they found no one and so readied themselves just in case.

They felt like they had the advantage though having circulated the premises.

"I bet she's hiding them in that cunt of hers," said a beast with a giant piercing through his septum and at his misogynistic words the horde that trampled onto the estate cackled like fools.

"That's enough, spread out ye bastards," they said and revenants and Aksel stood right there in front of them observing this. The warlock turned the horde of revenants invisible to increase the effects of preciseness when they attacked. At this point, neither side had any clue where the woman went but they each had a clue.

Moments later, a man gagged at the far back of the horde and several of his comrades noticed but they did not see what got to him. They merely saw him, on the floor, his body flapped and shook as blood spurted from his mouth.

And then it happened again in the middle of the crowd, a man-beast fell to the ground with his hands to his throat, only to have them fall lifelessly to his side and a nasty tear in his throat revealed that he had his throat viciously slit.

"Someone's among!"

Big swords unsheathed from scabbards, knives smeared with the concoction reviewed to leave a sting for the queen also unsheathed. Some men had hammers, some their bare fists or simple shields. Nothing they had was enough though to stop the increasing number at which men fell without seeing the force that got to them. They knew though, it was obvious who was among them.

"She's here!" A man yelled and then choked on his words. It was the same man who mentioned Adira's private bits. The dagger the woman used stabbed him in the mouth and it went through and through, exiting the back of his skull.

She appeared in that second, revealing herself while she still held onto the blade that kept the pompous, dead man upright.

The silence was loud among the people as some saw the queen for the first time since their existence. The muscles in the arm that held the dagger were flexed so hard, veins popped. Many were impressed at the strength beneath her grip. Even through the material of her jeans they saw her massive calves and thigh muscles and frowned. Despite it all, she looked like a queen to them: graceful and lean, tanned and beautiful and deadly.

"Kill her!" A vampire hissed.

He tried to pounce onto her but was tackled to the ground by an invisible force. This unseen thing ripped his throat open and from there on hell ensued.

Aksel did not reveal the revenants until they had sprung onto the people, sticking to them like burdock on clothes.

Snarling and gasping filled the air, blades tore at flesh and people cried out from their injuries. Adira tackled someone, killing them with one blow to the chest but was caught amid her fight. Her hair was dragged by a presumptuous fellow she then pulled away from, inevitably stomping him to the ground. Her foot crushed his throat, sending his head and body in separate directions.

"Protect the queen!!" A revenant cried when they saw that the people swarmed Adira but the enemy strategized. They created a little circle around her majesty and on the outer side of this horrible circle, men with spears and swords and shields swatted at the people with the crimson eyes trying to keep them out while their queen was being dealt with.

On the first floor of the manor, running up the stairs with an exhausted Oliver at her side, the brunette happened to glance out the window and peeped this.

"No, no, no!" She rushed to the window.  The girl placed her sweaty hands against the glass, bashing it as she screamed to gain the attention of Aksel and she did.

"Hey, hey Look!" The girl pointed at the man who blasted people out of his way. His gaze followed her finger and he saw that no revenants were able to break through the circle which the orcs and other beings had trapped the woman in.

"She's stuck,"

The queen fought though. She manipulated fire, tossing it at them and it exploded, blowing people out of her way. Colette had never seen this so at that moment she watched her lover fight so viciously yet still being relaxed. Adira didn't break a sweat, her limbs weren't tired nor would they be for a very long time. The only hindrance was her hair that had been dragged from its former resting stage at the top of her head but that didn't slow her down at all.

The woman was like a killing machine: swinging fists, manipulating bodies, twisting necks, conjuring fire, dodging punches, jumping over people, slamming bodies down, breaking weapons, spitting in faces.

"Miss Rivers we can't stay here," Oliver realized there were people who noticed them evading the fight and he watched a few of them break away.

"We must hide," he dragged the girl from the window.

"But Adira, they have her surrounded,"

"Trust me when I say the queen is fine, it is you and I who may not be, so come," 

Begrudgingly, she followed the young revenant, his large hand squeezing her wrist as he tugged her. She could feel him tremble but he tried so hard to be valiant and it hurt, not his bravery but his hold. The young man was so lost in thought he didn't realize his claws dug into Colette's skin and she was so fearful she said nothing. She only clenched her teeth.

"This way," said Oliver as he found a room that appeared to be the perfect place to hide and he shut them behind the door. He started to tumble things to use as a barrier, like a dresser in the room.

Colette joined in to help after seeing him struggle.

Outside in the circle, Adira danced around a man that thought he was strong enough to fight her with his bare hands. He lifted both massive fists, never breaking eye contact as he taunted the queen.

"Come here half- breed!" He spoke, spitting onto the ground and Adira grimaced.

"Je vais vous montrer ce qu'une demi-race peut faire," she replied so sweetly and the man couldn't understand a thing.

He charged through, swinging his right fist and it brushed over Adira's head. She didn't wait for him to swing another, instead, she manipulated him to stay still and the fist that came hurtling towards his face came from above. It smacked him, going through and through. Her majesty's arm dug deep, rupturing his face, leaving nothing but a gaping hole.

It was there it truly sunk into the brains of the meat sacks how strong the revenant queen was. A good majority stood in utter shock at the mangled man who bleed incessantly at her feet.

Yellow eyes, swollen eyes, reptilian-like eyes, soulless, unkind studied the woman who panted heavily now. Her bloodied fist triggered them and an uproar came again.

All the people rushed at her at once and before they even touched her, Adira shifted. Massive horns stood in the air, as black as crude, the ends as sharp as the blade's the idiots wove. Amber eyes flashed but laid beneath furrowed brows. Her sylphlike body towered over many of them that rushed.

Causing the earth to violently vibrate when she trampled it, it cracked open in several areas, breaking many of their legs or sucking them just enough to immobilize them.

Deciding it would be fun to take them with her and leave them somewhere desolate and strange, she warped, taking all those who swarmed her with her and it was a large number. Tens upon tens of beings disappeared and the revenants who were left behind slaughtered the rest with the aid of the warlock who wondered where in heavens Adira could have taken the people.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

729K 26.3K 37
Sam, a shy, 16 year old, closeted lesbian who has anxiety issues and abusive parents meets Avery, a soon to be Beta, who wasn't expecting to find her...
569 52 21
The world is a secretive place. Humans divided between Normals and hidden Psychics. Neither aware that the secret is not that Psychics exist... It'...
20 2 11
Micah escapes her abusive household and joins a group of people to get revenge on her father. Follow her as she falls in love and forms new relations...
4.2K 59 2
I just moved to Beacon Hills, with my friend Nyla, in search of my coven. What will happen when I wake up in the middle of the night to see a boy si...