hiraeth | ranboo x oc ✓

By pupawsten

hiraeth: (n) a homesickness for a home you can't return to, or that never was in which half-enderman boy meet... More

⊱┊characters & intro
⊱┊one
⊱┊two
⊱┊three
⊱┊four
hm
⊱┊five
⊱┊six
⊱┊ seven
⊱┊eight
⊱┊nine
⊱┊ten
⊱┊eleven
⊱┊twelve
⊱┊thirteen
⊱┊fourteen
⊱┊fifteen
⊱┊sixteen
⊱┊seventeen
⊱┊eighteen
author things ig !!
⊱┊nineteen
⊱┊halloween
AAAHHHH !!!!
extras
extras pt 2

⊱┊twenty

1.5K 67 48
By pupawsten

     I checked my outfit in the mirror for the thousandth time and smoothed my skirt out. I was wearing a translucent light green shirt, with a cropped black tank top over it and a light green plaid skirt. I huffed slightly before taking my phone off of my desk, FaceTiming Tubbo.

     When he picked up I pouted and said, "I need you to look at my outfit."

     He scrunched up his nose, "Why?"

     "Because of my date with Ranboo!" I exclaimed, a flush coming to my face.

     "Oh, right. Hehe, I forgor," He said with a dumb smile on his face.

     I rolled my eyes and set my phone down on my dresser, moving away from my phone to show off my outfit. "What do you think?"

     He moved his face closer to his own screen and squinted. "Hmm, I like it. I think you'll blow him away."

     I took my phone off my dresser and sat down on my bed, looking at Tubbo. "Really?"

    "Yeah. What time's your date?"

     "Twelve."

     "Scarlett, that's in like thirty minutes!" He exclaimed suddenly.

     I laughed nervously, "I know, I know! That's why I'm asking for your opinion."

     "Well, I already said it looks good," Tubbo replied.

     I nervously twirled a lock of hair in my fingers, nibbling on my bottom lip. "Okay, thanks. Oh god, Tubs, I'm so nervous," I said with a groan.

     He laughed, "You'll do fine. It amazes me how you can be so bold one minute, yet so shy the other."

     I tugged on that same lock of hair, huffing out a sigh. "Yeah, yeah. I'll tell you about it afterwards," I said with a smile to him.

     "Alright, have fun!" He said before I hung up.

     I sighed again and let myself fall backwards into my comforter. My heart was pounding in my chest and I kept chewing on my lip in nervous contemplation.

     As I was thinking about all the things that could go wrong, I heard a knock on the door downstairs. I shot up and looked at my phone time. 11:47. He was early.

     I grabbed my purse and slung it over my shoulder, opening the door to my room and then hopping down the stairs. Before I opened the front door I checked my hair in my phone camera and then sighed a little bit.

    I opened the door and my face melted into a smile when I saw Ranboo standing there.

     "Hi," I said softly.

     "Hello," He replied and I felt my grin grow a little wider.

     "Okay, so, I have a couple things planned out for today," I began, stepping aside so he could walk into my house.

     When he did, I closed the door and led him into the living room, sitting down on the couch and motioning for him to do the same.

    He did, and I started to tell him the things I had spent tirelessly the night before coming up with.

     "So first," I said, holding up my index finger, "I was thinking we could go to that arcade that's downtown. Have you been there?"

     He nodded, "Yeah, I've been there."

     "Good, okay. Then next, we go get lunch, dinner, linner, whatever. Unless you're hungry right now, which in that case, we could go get something right now. But if you don't want to that's fi-"

     I was cut off by my rambling by his hands cupping either side of my face. "Hey. I'm here because I want to be with you, wherever we go will be fine."

     A sudden flush rose to my cheeks and I pressed one side of my face into his hands and locked eyes with him. "Really?"

     He smiled softly. "Really."

     He dropped his hands and that persistent flush didn't seem to want to leave.

     "Okay, whatever, let's go," I said, abruptly standing up.

     He laughed, standing up as well. "Alright, alright. Lead the way."

     I walked over to the front door and opened it, letting him walk out first before closing the door behind it.

     As we found our way into the town, I started to carefully reach my hand into his, my pinky just barely brushing Ranboo's, before he took the small hint, and took the rest of my hand into mine.

     A smile made its way onto my face, and a flush spread through me, one I could feel at the tips of my fingers and toes.

     We found the arcade, but not before we got lost and wandered around the downtown area very confusedly.

     When we walked inside, that was when I finally let go of his hand and I'll admit, the absence wasn't welcomed.

     I walked up to the counter and paid for a one hour session when the guy behind the counter said, "There's a couple's discount right now, should I apply it for you guys?"

     My face started to feel like that burning sensation and I mumbled out a small, "Sure." 

     Once I paid and we walked fully inside of the arcade, Ranboo asked me, "A couple, huh?" and when I looked at him he had the stupidest grin on his face. 

     "I haven't decided yet," I replied simply, and beelined for the first game I saw which happened to be Street Fighter. 

     "Okay Ranboo, get ready to get your ass kicked!" I declared as he joined me at the machine. 

     He laughed, "Look at the high score on it." 

     I squinted at the screen and saw three letters at the number 1 spot, RNB. I groaned, "Is that you?" 

     "Yes, it is," He said with a smile that looked almost proud. 

     I scoffed and pushed him with my shoulder. 

     "I'll still beat you," I said as we started the game. 

     It was evident, even after like five games, that I could not beat him. I huffed and said finally, "You win. I guess." 

     He laughed and then said, "Come on, Scarlett. Don't look so dejected. I'm sure you can beat me in something else." 

     "Fine, fine. What else should we play?" 

     His eyes scanned around the dark room that was packed with arcade machines. "It looks like Dragon's Lair is open," Ranboo said, and I followed his eyes to find that it was indeed free. 

     I grabbed his hand and said, "Let's go." 

     I led him to the machine and grinned as the game started up. "This is one that I'm really good at," I boasted. 

     I got past the first few challenges easily, but eventually I died and I groaned, almost setting my head on the buttons on the machine, before realizing that grubby little kid hands had been on it. 

     "Well, you did better than I would," He remarked and I smiled. 

     After that we bounced around from game to game, and eventually, we decided to go get food. 

     "I made reservations at this one really nice place, so we're gonna go there," I told him when we had left. 

      "Whoa, reservations? It kinda seems like you're going all out," He said as we walked, an almost smirk on his face. 

     "Only the best for you," I said jokingly but there was a part of me that didn't really feel like it was a joke. 

     "Well, consider me flattered," Ranboo replied and he slipped his hand into mine casually. 

     I felt my face flush a little and my heart rate skyrocketed when he gently rubbed my thumb with his own. 

     We didn't really talk on the way to the restaurant, but it was a silence that I didn't mind. 

     He held the door open for me at the restaurant, and I thought it was really sweet and then I told the girl at the front that I had a reservation. 

     She nodded, found my name on the list, and then led to two of us to a table near a window. 

     "A window table, huh? I feel very special right now, I hope you know that," He teased once we had been sat down and got our menus. 

     I flushed again and then said softly, "Well, you're sort of special to me." 

     "You're special to me, too," He replied with a smile. 

     I smiled back but tried to hide it partially behind the menu I was holding. 

     We silently looked through the menu and we both found things that we wanted to order.

     We talked for a little while before our server came back and we ordered. 

     "Okay, so, if you could read minds or become invisible, which one would you choose?" Ranboo asked. 

    I thought about the question for a moment and then said, "Mind reading. I've always wanted to know what people are thinking." 

     He laughed, "Me too! It's always so interesting to me to know what's going on inside someone's head." 

     I chuckled and then said, "Great minds think alike." 

     "So true, honestly," He replied, grinning. 

     There was a pause before I said, "Okay, I'm going to ask you something really strange."

     He tilted his head to the side, "And what might that be?" 

     "Do you sleep with socks on?" 

     He gave me a look that I could only describe as disgusted, and almost offended that I would ask him that, and said, "No? That's like... kinda gross, don't you think?" 

     "Yes! It's so gross, oh my god," I replied, nodding. 

     We looked at each other for a moment before both of us burst into small giggles. 

     A few more dumb questions like that later, our food arrived. I sunk my fork into what I had ordered-it was spaghetti-and put it into my mouth. 

      As soon as I had chewed and swallowed the bite I said, "Oh my god, I think this is the best spaghetti I've ever had in my life." 

     I looked at Ranboo and he seemed too caught up in his own food to reply to me. 

     We mostly sat in silence as we ate, occasionally commentating on the food, and other small talk. 

     Once we were done, I paid and we were out of the restaurant. 

     "I feel kinda bad, you know," He said as we began to walk back to my house.

     "Why?" I asked, looking up at him. 

     He shrugged, rubbing the back of his neck. "I dunno, everytime we do something you end up paying, and I just feel kinda bad about it." 

     I knitted my eyebrows in confusion, "You don't have to feel bad about it, I like paying for things!" 

     He sighed a little bit. "Okay, well, once Valentine's Day rolls around I'm gonna give you the best gift you've ever received." 

     I flushed a little bit and then asked, "Are we at a point where we give each other things for Valentine's Day?" 

     He stopped for a moment and I turned around to face him. He had a shy look on his face and was fidgeting with the hems on his sleeves. 

     Ranboo bit his lip slightly and he looked as if he were thinking about asking something. Finally, he parted his lips. "Scarlett, will you, maybe, be my girlfriend?" 

     He was looking away for most of the sentence, but at the very end of it he looked at me, locking eyes with me. 

     My heartbeat sped up in my chest and I brought my right hand up to nervously twirl a lock of hair. I thought for a moment and then said, "Yeah. Yeah I will." 

     I smiled as I watched his face light up in a grin. "This is the part in romance movies where they kiss, right? Because I really want to kiss you," He said quickly as he moved closer to me. 

     I laughed as he brought a hand up to my cheek adoringly. "Yes, you can kiss me." 

    He brought his face closer to mine and I closed my eyes in anticipation. Our lips met softly and I felt myself go a little weak in the knees. Even though it was the middle of the day, it seemed as if fireworks were exploding in bright and vivid colors around us. 

     He pulled away from me and he had the most dumb, lovestruck smile on his face and it practically made me melt. 

     "So, boyfriend of mine, where should we go now?" I asked, going to stand next to him and taking his hand in mine. 

     He laughed softly, "'Boyfriend of mine?' I like the sound of that. But, I don't know. Lead the way." 

fin

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 41 14
this is a ranboo x reader fanfic! i will update as much as i can - there will be no smut in this what so ever! only things like kissing, cuddling and...
185K 6.8K 29
Playing in a volleyball team with only boys in it can be stressful. You feel sometimes out of your place. BUT playing in a volleyball team with only...
12.6K 219 96
Content Creators mentioned in this book do not read. If you want it taken down, contact me and I will do so. Dsmp/MCYT x reader oneshots. Gender Neut...
62K 1.4K 58
-# tommyinnit x oc .'- where a girl meets a boy at college, and they slowly fall in love with eachother -'. comple...