Unexpected

By amaZnWriteR20

(The Millers Book 1) Violet Mae Ross just got out of a toxic relationship, and plans on focusing on herself f... More

Prologue - Getting Out of There
One - Friends and New Kids
Two - Rumors aren't pretty and Lunchroom trouble
Three - Family dinner
Four - Dick move
Five - Apologies
Six - Party pt. 1
Seven - Party pt. 2
Eight - Free Ride
Nine - Another rumor
Ten - Making it true (partially)
Eleven - First date
Twelve - The truth
Thirteen - There's a...problem
Fourteen - Dropping the News
Fifteen - The Baby Daddy
Seventeen - Be Mine?
Eighteen - Gender Reveal
Nineteen - Finnly J
Epilogue - Forever
Other Stories

Sixteen - Meeting his family

17 2 0
By amaZnWriteR20

Sixteen - Meeting his family

Shawn POV

I let out a shaky breath. Why did I agree with this?

Since Violet told me about her baby, she's been wanting to meet my mom and baby sister.

It's not like any of them are in danger, it's just that once she meets them, then she's in for life. There's no escaping.

Of course I haven't told her that, because it'll intimidate her, but I should probably inform her of that sooner rather than later. Because then it'll be too late.

I picked her up from her house around ten since she was coming over for lunch, and she looked adorable.

It had probably been a month since she found out she was pregnant, making her officially four months pregnant, and while she hides it pretty well in school by wearing baggy sweatshirts and big shirts, today she's wearing a tighter shirt that showcases her little bump.

She sees me looking at her and smiles before coming over to me and coming into my open arms for a hug.

She smells so good. Like flowers. I love that smell.

When I let go I help her into the passenger seat and we drive away.

"Your mom won't be mad at me, right?" She asks as we near my neighborhood.

"No. Why would she be mad at you?"

She gave me that look that told me that I should already know why. I just smiled in return.

"She's not mad baby. Don't worry about it." Then I realized what I said and muttered "Fuck," under my breath.

I called her baby. How could I be so stupid as to let that slip out?

I don't think she noticed it though, because she didn't say anything about it.

~~~

Violet Mae POV

His family is nice. Really nice. Nicer than I expected.

His mom seemed excited to meet me, which was a relief, and his younger sister was really sweet. I've already met his brothers before so their behavior was nothing new.

We stayed for dinner too, and afterwards, his little sister begged me to spend some time with her, since her and her mother where the only two women in the house.

I agree, and let her drag me up to her room while Shawn and his brothers help their mother with cleanup downstairs.

"Are you and Shawn together?" Elena asks, sitting on her bed and pulling out a crate of nail polish.

"Um...no, not necessarily," I reply, unsure of how to answer her question.

"Do you like him?" She stops pulling out different colors to look up at me.

"Well, yes. I like your brother very much."

"Then why aren't you with him? Whenever I like a boy at school, and he likes me back, we start dating."

I laugh a bit, still watching her pull out nail colors. "Well your version of dating is different from mine."

"What do you mean?"

"Whenever you date in highschool, it lasts for more than like a week. It lasts for months, sometimes years."

"I've dated my current boyfriend for a week and a half."

"It's still different."

She shrugs. "If you like Shawn, you should date him. Besides, I like you. You're nice. Like Ashton's ex girlfriend Skylar was. She had to move away though."

I smile. She's sweet, and I can tell I'll like her with the days, hopefully years to come.

After a while, she changes the subject and asks, "What color do you want your nails?"

~~~

"Did you have fun?" Shawn asks as I come downstairs after Elena went to bed. We had called earlier, and my parents wanted me home by eleven, meaning we should head out soon.

I smile and shrug. "We talked and did each others nails."

"That's good." He grabs my hand to examine my nails to see how his sister did. "What'd you two talk about?"

"Just stuff. Her life, my life."

"What about your lives?"

"Dating."

He smirks. "Did she tell you about her boyfriend of a week and a half?"

"Yeah. He sounds dreamy."

That's when his mom comes in and gives me a hug. "I assume you need to start heading out?"

"Yeah. Thank you so much for lunch and for dinner. They were both amazing."

"You are so, so welcome Violet. And come by again sometime. We would love to have you over again," she replies.

"Of course. I'll try to visit again soon."

"Good. Now get home. You don't need to be getting in trouble."

We say a few more goodbyes before Shawn and I leave his place to go to mine.

"So you and Elena had fun?"

"Yeah. Lots of fun. She's a sweet girl." I laugh. "No it's time for you to officially meet my family."

He groans. "Ugh. Do I have to?"

We both laugh, knowing it's only fair. Especially after I just met his.

"So you and Elena talked about her dating life, did you talk about yours?"

"No. I have a bad reputation when it comes to dating. My first and only boyfriend was abusive and ended up getting me pregnant."

"Yikes. It could be worse though."

"True. But I don't think that's something a twelve year old needs to hear about. Especially when she hasn't even had her first kiss."

"Yeah. She does know how you got pregnant though."

"She needed to know why I'm suddenly a part of your life and why you are technically gonna become a dad."

"She did, you're right."

Silence falls upon us again and it lasts all the way to my house. He walks me inside, and we see my parents, who were waiting up for me to make sure I got home safe.

"Did you have a nice time?" Phil asks, Mom coming into the room to sit beside him on the couch.

"Yes, it was nice."

"My mom loved her," Shawn replies. "However, I need to get going." He pulls me into a hug. "I'll see you at school."

"Okay. See you."

"Bye."

He leaves without another word.

~~~

Finally finished this chapter. I hope you guys enjoyed. See you in the next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 564 27
Josie decides to confess her love to the girl she loves since she was ten. What's going to happen? Start : 30/01/2022 End: 14/11/2022 #7 kayleebryan...
27.3K 2K 31
||Wattys 2022 Shortlist|| Kian Advani was a closeted queer in his high school. Always in denial of his true feelings and emotions. So much so that h...
206K 6K 48
Book #2 of "His & Hers" book trilogy Warning: Mature (18+) Content! #2 in Italianamerican 2022 #14 in Graphic 2022 #1 in Arguing 2023 #2 in Controlli...
206K 5.8K 15
Violet Thompson doesn't have a normal life. She's a bit of an unintentional loner that doesn't get along with her parents. Her daily life consists o...