Unexpected

By amaZnWriteR20

(The Millers Book 1) Violet Mae Ross just got out of a toxic relationship, and plans on focusing on herself f... More

Prologue - Getting Out of There
One - Friends and New Kids
Two - Rumors aren't pretty and Lunchroom trouble
Three - Family dinner
Four - Dick move
Five - Apologies
Six - Party pt. 1
Seven - Party pt. 2
Eight - Free Ride
Nine - Another rumor
Ten - Making it true (partially)
Eleven - First date
Twelve - The truth
Thirteen - There's a...problem
Fourteen - Dropping the News
Sixteen - Meeting his family
Seventeen - Be Mine?
Eighteen - Gender Reveal
Nineteen - Finnly J
Epilogue - Forever
Other Stories

Fifteen - The Baby Daddy

21 2 0
By amaZnWriteR20

Fifteen - The Baby Daddy

Violet Mae POV

Phil wakes me up by knocking on my bedroom door before opening it and stepping in. "Hey, it's almost ten and if we want to get this done before noon, we need to get going now."

I sit up and nod, finally getting out of bed.

"I'll see you downstairs," he says. "Your mom has some food ready for you. We'll head over to his place after you eat."

Phil leaves me alone to dress and do my morning routine, before I go down to the kitchen and eat.

***

"Are you and Mom mad at me?" I ask Phil as we drive across town to Jacob's house. I'm currently anxious and worrying about what my parents think isn't helping. The three of us haven't talked about how they feel in this situation, we just discussed the fact that I was pregnant, not what emotions that brought on for them.

"Why would we be mad at you?" Phil asks, glancing over at me as he drives.

"I'm seventeen and pregnant. Most parents would be mad."

"We're not mad at you, Violet."

"Not even disappointed?"

"Are you disappointed in yourself?"

"What?"

"Are you disappointed in yourself? It's a natural thing because most people frown upon young girls being pregnant under twenty. However in our case, it is partially your mother and my fault as well."

"How?"

"We never discussed things like sex and protection with you. Yes, you've has the talks in school, but it's our job as your parents to make sure you are safe. I'm not exactly saying we're to blame, and despite my deep, deep hatred for that ex of yours, it's not necessarily his fault either. Though he should have known to be more careful."

Phil pauses before asking, "That last time you two...did he use a condom?"

As much as this question shocks me, I still pause to think about it, but I can't remember so I just shrug.

He curses under his breath and the drive continues in silence.

***

We pull into his driveway to see Jacob sitting on the steps of his house smoking a cigarette. I swallow nervously as he looks up and meets my gaze.

I hadn't given him a heads up so we caught him on his smoke break.

Phil sighs and says, "Alright, let's get this over with."

We both get out of the truck, and he walks behind me as we go to meet Jacob, you walks towards us as well to meet about halfway.

"Hey," I say, my heart pounding out of nervousness.

"What do you want, Ross?" He says, his voice gruff and his eyes looking me up and down like he's looking for something. "Why are you here?"

"Because...I'm pregnant."

"And why is that any of my business?"

"Because it's yours."

His expression shifts and he looks pissed. "The fuck it is. You fucking slut, you just want to place the blame on someone to pay the child support. I ain't stupid. Go to your little boy toy."

"Shawn is not my boy toy! And it's yours because you're the only dumbass I've had sex with. And for your information, though it ain't none of your damn business, I already told Jacob that is was yours, and he's willing to take in the child. So if you can stop being an ass for two seconds, the information might be able to slip through your thick skull."

This was the very first time I've ever yelled at him, so he stepped back in shock. I've changed a bit since we broke up.

After a moment of silence, he says, "Well either way, I want nothing to do with it."

"Good. I didn't want you to be a part of the child's life anyhow."

He scoffs. "Wow. After all I did for you, you act like you don't care anymore."

I can hear Phil grinding his teeth together behind me. "Because I don't. What the hell did you ever do for me, Jacob? Besides abusing me and make me become a shell of my former self."

He shakes his head and begins to back up. "Just don't try to involve me in the kids life. I want nothing to do with it."

"Wasn't planning on it."

He turns and walks away, going inside. Once he's gone, Phil and I return to the car and head home.

"I fucking hate that dick," he says, still gritting his teeth.

"I'm aware of that," I reply, more calm now that Jacob is informed that I'm having his kid.

"I should have punched him."

"No you shouldn't have. You could've gotten in trouble."

"He's not a minor. He's eighteen."

"Yes, but there would be no solid evidence of a good reason for a fight. That is what would get you in trouble. Not to mention that it was on his property."

He doesn't say another word on the matter, knowing I'm right.

When we get back home, I go to my bedroom and begin on homework from the day I missed, along with working on some stuff for my extra classes over the summer that I'm trying to get done beforehand.

Since I'm almost three months along and due in May.

This is gonna be one hell of a school year.

***

Rumors are so much fun.

Note the sarcasm.

At least this time, the rumor is true. But still. I didn't want everyone to know.

Currently, the entire school thinks I'm a heartbreaking slut who's pregnant with her ex's kid.

Only one of those rumors are true though.

Luckily my parents had already called the school and let them know what was going on, and I'm going to be doing online school during second semester when I'm going to start showing.

Since I'm due at the beginning of May, I should be able to show up for Junior prom, which is a plus.

But now the entire school knows I'm pregnant and I've had three people ask how far along I am and like ten stare at my stomach to see if I'm showing yet.

Newsflash, I'm not.

And chances are that I won't get very big, since my mom never got very big when she was pregnant, and neither did my grandma or her mother.

That's reassuring, but still. It's annoying.

I'm just glad that I had already informed the people who I actually like and that they're supportive throughout this entire process.

It takes some of the stress away.

Just some though.

***

This is done. Yay!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

338K 11.1K 47
After a year long misery for the wait of filing a divorce with his unloving partner of 10 years, Chase Johnson has finally been given his freedom. Wi...
1.2M 52.2K 80
This story is complete ✅ Alec is a twenty-five year old gentle boy with the looks of an angel. He has not figured out what he needs in love yet and h...
21.4K 661 34
This is kinda of a second book to "from two to three" it's when hunter gets older so the first few chapters will be like a timeline and that's when w...
6.3K 299 58
Skylar Anderson, who goes by her middle name Willow, goes to a party the first Saturday of the summer break and hooks up with a guy named Isaac Mille...