Prey

By cannoness

In this life, a human without the money to pay for their own life is worth nothing. Take those humans in as p... More

Copyright
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 49 (Doe's POV)
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 93 (Doe's POV)
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Book 2
Physical Copies ᕕ( ᐛ)ᕗ

Chapter 96

54.3K 2.5K 2.3K
By cannoness

Doe's POV:

Alright... I think we got everything put together.

We'd spent the day going through basically all of our belongings and deciding what we wanted to bring.

By that I mean we procrastinated till the dead of night to even start.

I got caught up in some of that book on top of asking him every question that came to mind about his territory, even knowing that by this time tomorrow, half of them would be answered.

It was exciting and daunting all at once but I couldn't wait.

My only real concern was the whole 'me moving into my own place' thing, but knowing that it wasn't an immediate goal helped me calm down.

And the way he happily answered everything with a jovial, nostalgic smile had me wishing that this would all happen faster.

I looked down onto the couch I stood in front of, going over what we'd decided to bring once again.

The case of his violin sat on top of the case of my guitar, the purple tote bag he'd gotten to hold all of the music books leaning against both.

Beside that was a bag that I'd filled with a few items of clothing I wanted to keep, some documents, and the book he'd recommended. I'd also laid out the clothes I wanted to wear tomorrow on the side.

As for things Xander wanted to take... well, there was absolutely nothing but his violin.

I guess when you're a prince, all you could ever need could be found where we were going.

I spun to spot him on the other side of the room leaning over his desk to check over the list he'd made of things to do before we left tomorrow.

Whether that be things to do to the room, the documents he needed to take with him, or the list of things to bring he made for me.

His arms held straight against the edge of the table to hold him up, hands twisted to where his palms laid flat against the wood, and his fingers curled against the edge and down to the underside of it.

His hair was being kept back by the same thin headband I'd offered him a few days prior, a few misbehaving strands already escaping, hanging forward, and getting ignored by him as they always did.

I could see a fang peeking out and pressing against his lower lip as he read and thought over everything on the page.

My eyes trailed downwards to his odd outfit.

I would barely even consider it functional clothing.

Although for loungewear, I guess there's no reason for it to be.

It was sleeveless just like most of the clothes he's decided to wear to bed lately, except the holes for the sleeves had been cut all the way down to the top of his hips, exposing everything that hid underneath.

Well, you couldn't really see it unless you were explicitly looking for it... Which I was.

Guilty...

I brought my eyes back up, noticing that the position of his arms was very clearly showing the distinction of the muscles that resided there.

And then even further into what I could see of his shoulder down into the exposed side of his waist.

Damn... I mean- what?!

I turned back around, feeling an interestingly strong exhale leave me followed by my heartbeat rising into my throat.

Then that insistent need to feel him in my grasp... to have him close.

I glanced down to where I knew the book resided in my bag while the recently all too familiar of heat spreading through my body started up again.

I should really focus on that tomorrow... Maybe on the drive there.

So I could finally get a clue on how to handle whatever this was.

I pressed my lips together the very second I began to crave his.

Oh, come on...

I wasn't going to try to dispute the feeling, but the abundance of it lately was just excessive... and new.

I kept my sigh quiet, stepping around the couch and over to the window in hoped the air would be cooler over there.

My hope came true, pausing my steps as soon as I reached the sill.

The idea of sitting on it got rejected, so I instead just looked out into the city lit only by the moonlight.

This would be the last time I'd see the view I was once so fond of.

My eyes trailed upwards, finding the deep puncture left in the brick from his wings, then to the matching one on the other side.

A small knot twisted in my chest for just a moment, my fingers toying with each other before I stepped back.

No... no more of that.

No more of the fear, or the regret. Any of it and all of it.

I wanted to leave this all behind for good.

To start over in a place that would allow me to.

With his help and his guidance.

I heard his footsteps approach, but kept my gaze where it was.

Two strong arms snaked around me under my chest before I felt his body at my back.

"You got everything you wanna bring?" he asked.

I nodded, turning in his grasp so I was facing him and his hands were on my back.

"I'm pretty sure. If I didn't remember it by now, it probably wasn't important enough to bring." I rationalized.

All I needed was the guitar and music. The rest were just sentimental.

He let out a little approving and amused hum that blended into a quiet purr.

Which kicked all of my emotions prior into gear.

I'd realized that he mostly purred whenever it had to do with me.

When I was close or we were touching.

It was endearing in its own little way. A solid reminder every once in a while that he truly did care for me and enjoyed my presence.

Not that I ever thought that he didn't, the reoccurring reminder just felt nice.

It made me a bit sad that I couldn't do the same, and I was only aware of one other way to get that point across without using words.

I looked up to meet those sage green eyes, realizing that we've only ever kissed while sitting or laying.

With him being nearly a full head taller than me, how was this supposed to work?

Even if I stood on my toes, I don't think that would be enough.

I wonder...

I rose a hand into his stupidly soft hair, his eyes widening as he realized what I was trying to do.

He fell into my guidance with very little pressure, lowering his head down towards mine.

"Can I..." my face flamed at just the two words that made it out.

Okay... Maybe I wasn't as good with this as I thought I was.

He had asked for some sort of assurance before, so I just copied him.

That, and I wanted to hear him say that he wanted this too.

Thankfully, he got the message.

One of his arms lowered and pressed hard against my lower back so I was pushed into him, a mischievous little smirk planted on his face.

"Always," He whispered, the words holding the smallest hint of an ache as his other hand tilted up my chin.

We were kissing within the next moment, the gentle meeting being similar to the last time.

There wasn't as much heat raging between us as there was the first time we did this, but I found it enjoyable in its calmness regardless.

Given how I didn't know such a relaxing exchange like this was possible.

Still, in the strangest way, it left me wanting more, aching for something else.

I'll have time to figure it out later. For now, this kind of contact was more than enough to keep me sated

A blissful sigh fell from my lips as we parted.

I wondered how long it would be once we get there that I'll call in that offer to have sex with him...

I couldn't imagine it would be that long with the route we had taken now, though I didn't want to get too ahead of myself.

"Did um- have you gotten all of your stuff together?"

His smile widened just a noticeable amount at my odd wording, yet his eyes softened.

"I have. I think we're both pretty set for tomorrow. All we have to do now is sleep."

I quirked up a brow, "It can't be that late yet."

"It's almost three in the morning," He responded, obviously amused.

"What?!" I exclaimed, looking past him to the clock only to discover that he was entirely correct.

I didn't think that going through our stuff would have taken that long.

Although it was a lot of stuff... And we did only start close to midnight.

"Wow," I breathed out my quick defeat, " And we have to be up by nine tomorrow?"

"We're leaving by nine," he corrected, "We gotta be up and ready before then to help Nico with whatever obscure plan he came up with to get us out so fast. But long car rides make me tired, so we can catch up on the sleep we missed on the way."

Hm... I guess he's thought this through.

I felt his hands lower, his body bending down a bit as well.

I didn't have time to question it until I felt his hands on my thighs, and my feet were no longer touching the ground as he lifted me.

I grabbed tight to the front of his shirt- or whatever it was with a squeal to steady myself, my calves interlocking behind his waist to do the same.

His half-suppressed snicker filled my ears as I feigned a glare down at him for the embarrassing sound he pulled from me, promptly starting his way over towards the bed.

Whatever, I'll let this one pass.

"I don't know if I'm gonna get a whole lot of sleep, to begin with." I began.

"Oh yeah? Why's that?"

I had so much to think about. So much to wonder.

"I've just got too much on my mind. Thinking about tomorrow and everything that's going to follow. I guess I'm too excited for it to all happen." I explained.

An entirely new area, new experiences, new everything. All with the aid of a vampiric Prince.

He maneuvered me down onto the bed with my help.

"Y'know, all of that will come quicker if you sleep," He mentioned, lowering himself onto the bed beside me, "You'll get to meet your excitement sooner that way."

"Thanks, Xander, that really helped," was my flat reply, finished off with a roll of my eyes.

He blew out another short laugh, laying on his back and fixing the blankets.

"Sorry, I thought maybe that knowledge would overpower your racing mind. I honestly think I'm in the same boat as you with that one. I can't stop thinking about where we should start once we get there. I can't wait to show you everything that I think you'll love about my home."

My annoyance got quickly overpowered from the softness and genuineness of his tone.

"Really?"

"Really," He confirmed, reaching over to hit the remote that turned off the light before guiding me to lay on his chest, "There's just so much I want you to see, and I haven't figured out yet where to start. We'll probably just figure it out once we get there, but I cant help but dwell on it."

He was getting excited over me? Or I suppose over us would be more accurate.

I tightness I hadn't realized was there unraveled in my chest.

I think I'd underestimated how much he wanted to be by my side after we finally managed to get out of this territory.

It was my main concern the first time it got brought up, but now it almost felt like it wasn't relevant.

He'd be there no matter what. He wanted to be there no matter what.

I relaxed into him, taking in his scent and the sound of his heart to try to ease me into accepting the exhaustion I already knew was there.

Fingers skimmed up my back as quiet words caressed my ears.

"Rest now little dove, we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow."

Tomorrow. My first step into a brand new beginning.

A brand new life that I couldn't yet begin to imagine.

All in a world I no longer had a reason to fear.

The End

~~~

A/N : Look out for book two very soon ;)

Hope you all enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.7M 2.1M 88
The world had gone to hell long ago, taken over by the vampire race. In order to keep some sort of peace in our land, the Vampire Lords made a consec...
122K 3.2K 26
Cover made by dogpower77 - Raven is just like any other 18 year old on the planet, with a few exceptions. One, she's a Werewolf. A Werewolf that wi...
9.6M 371K 106
Book 1 of (The Awakening Series) {#1 Supernatural} {#1 Paranormal} {#1 Lycans} {#1 Vampire Romance} {#5 Royalty} The world went to shit long before I...
5.5K 132 23
And I woke up. My god.. a memory turning into nightmares is the worst. Until I looked down, I didn't realize I was scratching my arms but they were a...