Unexpected

By amaZnWriteR20

(The Millers Book 1) Violet Mae Ross just got out of a toxic relationship, and plans on focusing on herself f... More

Prologue - Getting Out of There
One - Friends and New Kids
Two - Rumors aren't pretty and Lunchroom trouble
Three - Family dinner
Four - Dick move
Five - Apologies
Six - Party pt. 1
Seven - Party pt. 2
Eight - Free Ride
Ten - Making it true (partially)
Eleven - First date
Twelve - The truth
Thirteen - There's a...problem
Fourteen - Dropping the News
Fifteen - The Baby Daddy
Sixteen - Meeting his family
Seventeen - Be Mine?
Eighteen - Gender Reveal
Nineteen - Finnly J
Epilogue - Forever
Other Stories

Nine - Another rumor

22 3 0
By amaZnWriteR20

Nine - Another rumor

Violet Mae POV

I'm not sure why, but when Shawn and I walked into the school, everyone around us began whispering and looking at us like we had grown three heads each. It was very confusing.

This continued all day, so at lunch, before Shawn and his brothers came to sit at our table, I asked Olive and Nico why people keep whispering.

"Did you go to the party this weekend?" Olive asks instead, looking towards the line, where I know Shawn is. For some reason, I've been aware of his wareabouts all day.

"Yeah? What about it?" I reply, trying to make eye contact with her.

"And I assume you went with Shawn. Did you two do anything? At all?"

"No. Why would you assume something like that?"

"Because people say they saw him follow you upstairs, then the two of you left the party all together."

"Because my ex was up there and he...things happened. Shawn just took me home. I went with him, so I left with him. It's nothing to whisper about."

"Well everyone else thinks differently."

"What are you two talking about?" Shawn asks, sitting down next to me.

"Rumors," Nico says through gritted teeth. "People are saying you two went to your house and fucked. Silly rumor, isn't it?"

"Nico!" Olive exclaims, smacking the back of his head.

"It is silly. Considering that Rachel schemed to get Violet raped by her fucking ex," Shawn replied, getting up and casually walking over to Rachel's table, his brothers following. They all left their food behind, signaling they had plans on coming back.

"She what?" Olive asks, looking at me.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Nico asks, moving closer to me and pulling me into a hug.

I shrug. "Scared. I don't want to remember it. I was terrified. Even though Shawn never gave him the chance to do anything. "

"And I'm glad. Shawn's proved that we, and your parents, can trust you with him and know you'll come home safe."

I smile.

Just then, we hear Rachel's high pitched voice scream, "I did no such thing!"

"Don't fucking lie to me!" Shawn yells back.

"In no way am I lying! I never wanted him to rape her!"

"Then what was your fucking plan?! Because whatever it was, I'm sure it backfired."

"I just wanted to scare her." Rachel's voice quiets down and she crosses the cafeteria to me, Shawn following close behind. She doesn't yell, nor does she touch me, but she does sit down so we're eye to eye. "I'm sorry Violet. So, so sorry. I never meant for him to almost...nor even touch you. I just wanted him to scare you off. I promise I'll never do that to you again."

"Thank you, that means a lot."

She then changed the subject real quick. "Anyways, you wouldn't be mad if I...hit on your ex."

Huh? This girl confuses me to no end. I just smiled and nodded, and she then left me alone.

Shawn then sat down and glared at Rachel before looking at me. "She didn't even apologize for the fucking rumor."

"The one where we...?" I drew out the end, not wanting to say the word.

"Had sex? Yeah."

"I think she forgot about it."

He laughed sarcastically.

"No, I seriously think she forgot. She was more flustered by what my ex did. But it's fine. Let them think what they want to think."

"You know I just ruined your chances of dating, right?"

I shrug. "I don't care."

He cocks an eyebrow. "Really?"

I nod. "I didn't really have plans to date this year anyway. Some of the kids here are...odd. To say the least."

"Fair enough, I suppose."

We fall into a comfortable silence, listening to Olive, Nico, Devyn, and Ashton talking to each other.

Eventually, the bell rings for our next classes, and Olive follows me, since we have class together. "So how was it?"

"Huh?" I ask, surprised, and confused.

"Sitting in your own little world with Shawn. Did you enjoy yourself?"

"Shut up!"

Olive laughs. "Seriously though, you two are cute. Really cute. And I think he likes you."

"Doubt it."

"Violet. You're hot. If I were a dude, I would really want you. And if I was in to girls."

I gasp. "Olive! Was that you coming out to me? Omg, what a big moment!"

"No, Vi, I like boys. I'm straight as straight can get. Boys are my thing. Not girls. I was just expressing that you're hot, even to a straight girl."

I smirk. "Uh huh, sure. Totally believe you."

"Can it, Ross. Nobody like a smartass."

"You seem to."

"Yeah, yeah."

We walk into our class and take our seats, making small talk until the teacher gets in and decides to start class. Everyone calms down and pays attention, taking notes as the teacher writes them up on the board.

About halfway through the class, my phone lights up with a notification from Instagram. I open it, and it takes me directly to messages, or more importantly, my messages with Shawn.

Shawn: Hey.

Wondering what he wants, I respond with the same.

Violet: Hey?
Shawn: Meet me outside in the parking lot by my car after school?
Violet: Why? I can catch a ride with Nico and Olive.
Shawn: Please? There's something I want to talk with you about.
Violet: And what is that?
Shawn: You'll see. Just meet me by my car.
Violet: Okay. I'll see you then.

He sends a thumbs up and I set my phone down to scribble in more notes before I shoot a text to Olivia, telling her what's going on, and her response was, 'Maybe he's gonna ask you out'.

Doubt it.

Class resumes as normal, no texts from guys I barely know, no snide remarks from one of my best friends, nothing. Just note taking and a silent classroom, besides the occasional talking between classmates.

The entire time, however, I was kind of nervous. Almost enough that it could be classified as anxious. I have no idea what he could want to talk about or why. It didn't sit well with me, and made me worried.

There are millions of possibilities. And none of them seemed to sit right with me.

***

Hey! Here's a chapter. I hope you all enjoy. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.4K 1.9K 15
Kian is the new boy to school. He seems very shy and no one knows anything about him. Kian hopes to get through his final year in peace but little do...
722K 24K 56
Luca is a 28 year old mafia don, who is trying to better himself mentally with everything he's been through, he just wants to feel free. Kiana is a 2...
21.4K 661 34
This is kinda of a second book to "from two to three" it's when hunter gets older so the first few chapters will be like a timeline and that's when w...
1.1M 30.6K 49
Book #1 of "His & Hers" book trilogy Warning: Mature (18+) Content! #6 in Mafia 2022 #1 in Italianamerican 2022 #4 in Slowburn 2022 #1 in Hook-ups 20...