Unexpected

By amaZnWriteR20

(The Millers Book 1) Violet Mae Ross just got out of a toxic relationship, and plans on focusing on herself f... More

Prologue - Getting Out of There
One - Friends and New Kids
Two - Rumors aren't pretty and Lunchroom trouble
Three - Family dinner
Five - Apologies
Six - Party pt. 1
Seven - Party pt. 2
Eight - Free Ride
Nine - Another rumor
Ten - Making it true (partially)
Eleven - First date
Twelve - The truth
Thirteen - There's a...problem
Fourteen - Dropping the News
Fifteen - The Baby Daddy
Sixteen - Meeting his family
Seventeen - Be Mine?
Eighteen - Gender Reveal
Nineteen - Finnly J
Epilogue - Forever
Other Stories

Four - Dick move

25 3 0
By amaZnWriteR20

Four - Dick Move

Shawn POV

Chapter Two POV switched

She amazed me.

Actually, I'm not sure if it was amazement or something else. Either way, I couldn't get her off my mind.

Everyone said she was a heartbreaker and that she dumped her last boyfriend just for kicks. Makes me wonder if she has a heart, but either way, I've always fell for the heartbreaker type.

And she looks like one too. With dark brown hair and light blue eyes and sparkle when she smiles, she could break my heart into pieces and I'd still be infatuated by her.

I think that's what it is. Fatuation.

I guess that's what drove me to sit at her table at lunch that day. I just wanted to be closer to her since we only have one class together, and now, the same lunch shift.

Looking back, I regret what I said, because she obviously didn't like it. Nor did her friends.

Not that that guy seems like a good friend for her. He seems too pushy.

I couldn't tell which of the two he was in love with, but it was definitely one of them, by the way he seemed highly protective. I eventually figured it out when I stepped towards Violet Mae's friend and he was quick to jump in front of her.

Of course that doesn't ease my worries though, because even though he likes one girl, he could still be aiming to get with Violet Mae. And I want to be the only one going after her. No matter what the cost."

When they marched out of the cafeteria, I realized how much of a dick I had been to her and her friends. Well friend. The chick was nice. I don't like the guy though.

I feel like if he wanted to, he'd take Violet Mae away in a heartbeat.

It makes me almost mad just thinking about it.

Let me tell you something though. As soon as he grabbed her and lead her out of the cafeteria, I was up and following them. I followed them all the way down the hall towards the front doors, and out to the parking lot.

I watched her get in a car with him, and the three of them sped off, leaving the school in the middle of the day.

As irritated as it made me, it helped me from pushing her even further away.

I want this girl, and I will stop at nothing to get her. Nothing.

***

English class was boring. Especially without her sitting beside me at the table with my brothers.

"You've have that irritated face all day," Devyn says, looking up from his work, while Ashton kept scribbling down notes. "Relax. So you were a dick to her. Things will get better."

"Will they, Devyn? Will they really? Because with the way things are right now, I'm never gonna get close to her and the more I try, the further away she'll go."

"Why are you trying so hard?" Ashton asks, not even looking up. "You know things like this sometimes just don't work out."

"Sometimes. But in my case, I need it to work out."

"Why? Why is this one girl, a girl you don't even know, so important to you?"

"That's the thing, I don't know. But either way, I need her in my life."

"Then become her friend first."

"Huh?"

"Befriend her. Be nice to her, and her friends. Find out more about her, leave her ex out of the equation. Don't be a dick. Be nice. Let her know you care. Really care. It might take a while, but she'll come around."

"Ah yes. Because that's what you did for Skylar."

He goes real quiet and looks up from his work, a sad look in his eyes. "I wish I did. Maybe things would be different today."

"You know that wasn't your fault, right? It was her dumbass parents," Devyn said, trying to reassure him.

"She wouldn't of had to go if I had just been friends with her. But I let my desires get away from me and I asked her to be mine."

"And she accepted," I replied. "That means she liked you. A lot. You only knew each other for three months."

"Yes, but that was too soon. Even you told me that."

"Because it normally is, but you two were, and probably still are, in love. That changes things in that situation."

"Yeah, well, we should just drop it. It's in the past, and now we have you and your love life to worry about. I don't think your relationship with her will be anything like mine with Skylar, so become her friend and see where to go from there. Alright?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Okay, good."

***

"Mom, we're home," Ashton called as the three of us walked through the door.

Mom came to greet us, along with Elena, our twelve year old baby sister.

"Hey, how was school boys?" She asks, running her fingers through Elena's hair and smiling at us.

"Fine," Ashton replies, going up to his room, the two of us following after him a bit later.

I make it to my room and close my bedroom door, going to sit on my bed, throwing my backpack on the floor as I do so. Pulling out my phone, I go to Instagram and type in her name.

Violet Mae.

Up comes around a hundred results. I click on the first result, which has a profile picture of a girl that bears a striking resemblance to the girl in question.

Going onto her page, I look through the first few photos, and then I know that it is her. In the first three I see, they are pictures of her, her friend, and that guy.

There was a house in the background, and the caption read something about Junior year.

Scrolling further down, I see pictures of her and a guy who seems to be at least eighteen or nineteen. The captions all saying stuff of how she loved him so much.

Looking further down, I see that her style changed dramatically. She used to wear tighter clothes that accentuated her curves and make her look more like a woman than a child. She also used to wear makeup. It wasn't dark or heavy, but rather a subtle brown that made her eyes pop.

These pictures, however were about four years ago. Looking at the date, I begin to scroll further up and see that before her Junior year pictures, her last post hadn't been for about three years.

My eyes widen before I see that she tagged him in her pictures.

I go to his page and stalk him for a while, seeing how he posted pictures of Violet Mae in baggy clothes, obviously when she wasn't looking, and would put captions like "Look how good she is. Covering up and not dressing like a slut anymore."

This pisses me off and just as I'm about to say something that would piss anyone off, I remember what Ashton told me about being her friend before I try to be her boyfriend.

And none of that would work if I pissed off her ex.

Sighing, I get off of his page, and go back to hers, trying to figure her out.

After a couple unsuccessful hours of scrolling all the way down to her first post, which was a picture of who I assume is her youngest sibling when they were a baby, about eight years ago, when she first joined Instagram, and all the way back up to her last post a mere few months ago.

Shutting off my phone, I hear Mom call the three of us down for dinner, so I set my phone aside and make my way downstairs, thinking about Violet Mae and what that guy might have done to her.

Was she really the heartbreaker here?

***

Whoo. Done! I hope you enjoyed.

Have a happy Thanksgiving! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 362 66
(completed) #eroticromance #teenromance ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ This story contains sexuality, violence, strong language and other mature themes. ...
506K 13.7K 60
*BEWARE: I started writing this when I was much younger so I apologize on how fast paced it is, I plan to edit and republish it later on so read with...
721K 23.9K 56
Luca is a 28 year old mafia don, who is trying to better himself mentally with everything he's been through, he just wants to feel free. Kiana is a 2...
206K 5.8K 15
Violet Thompson doesn't have a normal life. She's a bit of an unintentional loner that doesn't get along with her parents. Her daily life consists o...