Heatstroke (Jack Frost, Rise...

Von FlorindaBrydon

"You know I have never been good with heat. Why me!" Jack Frost has been a Guardian for two years now and li... Mehr

Authors note please read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
New Beginnings the Sequel for Heatstroke

Chapter 16

588 29 13
Von FlorindaBrydon

(Romanna's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

I stopped to take a breath. Swallowing hard to remove the lump in my throat.

My hands wouldn't stop shaking even after Jack grabbed a hold of them. He was being so kind to me and I don't understand why. Is it because he can feel what I'm feeling, or is it more than that?

I'm not stupid, it's obvious he's got some kind of feelings for me, hence the reason he keeps cuddling me and soothing me when I'm crying. He keeps wiping away my tears and holds his hand on my cheek.

He brought me food without me even having to ask and he returned my hat. He saved my life, helped me attempt to save my sister and calmed me down after I had a complete melt down.

Aghh!!! I hate feeling so weak!!!

I hate it! I hate it! I hate it!

I'm normally so strong and never show weakness. What is Jack doing to me?! Not even my own mother could get me to open up.

How is Jack doing it? It's like I have no control over anything when he's around, and it's really starting to annoy me.

He's too nice, and it's not natural for someone to be this nice. If he does have affectionate feelings for me, he won't have them the second he finds out about who I really am.

It's better he finds out now, before he starts to get attached to me. That way only I will get hurt, not him. I don't want to lose the only friend I have.

But it needs to be done.

Though, what I'm kinda worried about is I tell him everything, and then nothing changes. What if he gets more attached and fond of me? That's really bad. I can't let him doom himself with falling for me, the wrong girl, the broken girl, the mistake.

Jack, he's trying so hard to help me overcome my painful past and has already promised to stay by my side until he dies. I feel so bad for him and what makes it worse, is I really liked him for doing that.

I now know that he's immortal and he'll never die, and soon when I become a guardian I will also be immortal, right?

I think that's how it works. So, when Jack said that he was gonna stay with me until he dies, which is impossible because he can't die, does that mean he was really meaning was he wants to be with me until the end of time?

That is the most selfless, amazing thing anyone had ever said or done for me.

No one has ever truly realised how broken I was, but the second I met you Jack, you did. You saw it and almost immediately you're trying to help me.

I see what you're doing, you're trying to wiggle past my walls and guards and unlock my true personally. I also see you're trying to get me to fall for you while you're doing it.

Well done Jack Frost.

I've known you for a whole 8 hours and you have done the impossible.

You have gotten into my head and caught me off guard more than once. I never let my guard down, so that alone deserves a metal.

You've made me laugh and smile. Which I haven't done in years.

You actually made me feel like I have a friend and maybe even a relationship of some sort. Never did I ever once believe that someone would ever treat me the way you do. I don't deserve to have you.

You've noticed my bad habit with my hair and is trying to help me break it.

You've held me while I was crying. Hell, before I met you I never even let myself cry. This is the first time in years I've ever let myself feel enough emotion to cry, and now because of you, I can't stop crying. Aggh!

You keep wiping away my tears and holding your hand on my cheek. You brought me food without me even having to ask and returned my hat after it lost it. My list can go on and on, but Jack, you keep doing all of these tiny selfless deeds and annoyingly, it's making me fall for you.

Oh, and to make it even worse than it already is, you know it's working, so you're gonna keep doing it until I'm in love with you.

I'm sure I'm already in love with you, but I'm not going to admit that to myself just yet.

I don't believe in love at first sight because I know first hand how looks can be deceiving. Jack has already proved himself to be trust worthy, I know if I let my guard down he will make sure to take good care of me. I've never trusted anyone, but I am willing to completely trust him.

I am not going to deny I might have feelings for Jack. I'm willing to let my feelings grow for him and I know he'll do the same. He has already shown that he cares for me and in return I'll care for him.

Maybe I'm not a lost cause because he somehow sees hope in me. I'm willing to believe that I can still be saved, but only he can save me now.

'Jack, I have neva told anyone 'bout my past. Not even Dan, my stepfatha knows what happened to me. Mum chose to keep it a secret until I was old enough to make my own decision about whetha to tell him or not. Jessica will neva know, I refuse to eva let 'er know. She's to kind and sweet, I don't want to taint 'er with my burden. My mum is the only person I trust. I don't even trust myself.....' I stopped and stared directly into his gemstone blue eyes.

'Jack. I. Trust. You.' I said slowly to him. After letting the words sink in, he smiled, thankful to know that I was now being completely open to him.

'I'm sorry to intrude but the sun here is rising which means, Romanna, your sun is setting. You need to get home to your mother.' Tooth said while flying over to us.

Damn it I was about to confess everything to Jack and now I have to go home! I may never get another chance to tell him.

'Oh ok, thanks Tooth could you please ask North to give me a snow globe? I am refusing to fly her back home.' Jack said while sliding me off his lap and standing up.

'Smart idea! I'll be right back' Tooth said while leaving the room.

'Snow globe? Jack, I don't wanna go home, I wanna talk to you, I have to explain.' I said slightly confused.

'Shh, don't worry, we'll talk about everything when I get you back to your place. I'm not planning to leave you alone anytime soon.' Jack said while taking a hold of my hands and pulling me to my feet.

'Thanks' I said while rubbing my arm awkwardly. 'No probs! Oh Tooth thanks!' Jack said happily while taking a large snow globe from Tooth.

'I'm guessing we probably won't see you until later tonight, so we will have dinner planed for you then. No wait, it would be breakfast for you wouldn't it be? Oh, it's too confusing. We have food planed for when we see you next.' Tooth giggled while patting my shoulder.

'Haha, yeah. It's somethin like that. I'll be seein ya soon.' I replied while waving her goodbye.

Jack smashed the snow globe into the floor and as he called "Romanna's house" into it, then he grabbed a hold of my left hand and walked through the portal with me.

When we stepped out of the rainbow spiralling vortex, the both of us were smiling. The portal was actually a lot of fun, though Jack seemed very distracted by the genuine smile I was giving him.

'Wow it's gotten dark.' I said while turning on the spot looking at my surroundings. We were standing in my darkening driveway.

'Wow! Would you look at that!' Jack said while wrapping an arm around my waist, turning me in the direction his staff was pointing. We were standing chest to chest and face to face, in what you could call an almost hug.

'It's the sunset.' I said while standing up on my tippy-toes, trying to see it over the top of the trees.

'Damn it, the trees are in the way, we can't see it. Oh well its doesn't really matta.' I said while returning to my normal height.

'You're wrong, it does matter. May I?' Jack asked while holding onto me a little tighter. 'Sure' I said while giggling as he lifted me off my feet.

He used his powers to fly and land on the grey tin roof of my house. From up here we had a perfectly clear view of the slowly setting sun.

We happily sat down next to each other while smiling at the beautiful display of colours caused by the warm sunlight. It was the perfect temperature, warm but not hot, cool but not cold.

'Romanna?' Jack said while sliding closer to me. 'It's pretty, isn't it.' I said to him, not taking my eyes off the scene in front of us.

Bright colours of warm orange, yellow, hot pink and deep violet were scattered throughout the clouds. The colours seemed to mix with each other and with the darkening sky. In-between colours like soft lavender, peach and gold were a perfect contrast to the navy blue sky.

Everything the light touched was coloured with a pure golden glow.

'You know, I used to be able to control it.' I told Jack.

'Control what? The sunset?' Jack asked confused, while turning to face me. I did the same. Now face to face with him, I took the chance to finish my confession.
'When I was five years old I developed this strange and impossible ability. I don't know how I got it or why, but I had full control ova the elements. I could make plants grow with the snap of my fingers and I could make a thunda storm when eva I was cross. Like any young child I was excited to show my mum and dad my new found powas.

That was a mistake. But I didn't know any betta, I was just a li'l kid.' I stopped and looked back towards the ending sunset.

'You can control the elements and the weather?!' Jack asked obviously bewildered. He doesn't believe me.

'Used to. I can't any more.' I said, not taking my eyes off the setting sun.

'Oh, ah, umm, may I ask.... Umm.. A question?' He asked cautiously.

'Uh huh.' I replied simply.

'What happened to your powers and how did your parents react when you told them?' He asked while wrapping an arm around my shoulders. His eyes were glued to me but my eyes were glued to the horizon.

'They freaked out. Especially my fatha. It took about a week for my mum to adjust and to accept my, as she called it "my gift". But my dad wasn't as accepting. That's why I love my mum so much, she loved me even afta I had given 'er more than enough of a reason to reject me. Every otha normal parent would have rejected their child when they find out they have "magic powas" that can't be explained.

Mum worked full time since my fatha was so incompetent he couldn't get himself a job. Mum paid for all of the bills and paid for the all of food. Oh and not to mention the large amount of alcohol my fatha started to drink afta learnin about my powas.' I said as the last traces of sunlight vanished into the dark moonlit sky.

'Oh no' Jack whispered at the last statement of my story. I think he already knows where it's going to end up.

'I wasn't it school yet so I was at home for the whole day while mum was out workin. I was home alone with my fatha.

Being as young as I was I didn't understand that my powas scared him. He liked bein the strongest in the family and then suddenly, me, a five year old kid has out bested him at everythin. He hated me. But I didn't know that, I still thought I had the best most perfect family in the whole world. I loved my mum and I loved my dad. Even when he didn't love me anymore.

When mum left for work he would yell at me and tell me to neva use my powas eva again, and if I disobeyed him I would be punished. Of course I would use my powas when he's wasn't looking, and on occasions I would accidentally slip up and make a vine grow when I leaned against a wall or a mini whirlwind when I sneezed. I had no control ova my powas so of course I would accidentally do stuff.

H-he would h-hit me every time I did somethin he didn't approve of. I-I became scared of him and scared of even thinkin about my p-powas. It didn't take long for my gift to turn into a curse and I quickly learnt that I-I would feel p-pain every time I spoke about and used my powas, so I neva did.

M-mum had no idea dad was abusing me. He had kept it hidden for almost an entire year. For a full year he would beat me every singe day and if I said anythin about it to mum, he would hit me with his cricket bat or his b-belt the n-next day.' I told Jack. My voice was stuttering and I was shaking, trying to fight the urge to scream out. Endless streams of tears rolled down my cheaks and I was gasping for breath after realising in had been holding it in for who knows how long.

Explaining what happened is harder than I first expected. I thought I had gotten over it, that I could talk about it now without stuttering and bursting into tears. Turns out I was wrong.

I was fumbling with my fringe between my fingers, but his time Jack didn't stop me. I'm glad he didn't because I really need something to make me relax.

Instead of holding my hands away from my hair, Jack protectively wrapped his strong arms around me holding me tight against his cold blue hoodie. He didn't say a single word.

After a few silent moments he managed to calm me down enough to continue talking.

'I-I-it was the end of September, t-three months before my sixth b-birthday. Mum was starting to notice somethin wasn't right and was worryin 'bout me. At the dinna table she asked me why she hadn't seen me using my "gift". Yeah, she still called my curse that. I didn't know what to say so I didn't say anythin.

My fatha was glaring angrily at me from the other side of the table, forcing me silent. That was when mum noticed the black eye I had been hiding behind my hair.

Jack, that's why I hide behind my fringe, it's become a habit that I can't break. I spent a whole year bein forced to hide my face and it's injures from my mum. If she saw them I would be punished the next day. It was the only thing I had to make me feel betta. It felt like if I hid behind my hair then everythin bad would just vanish and neva come back.

I had stopped smiling completely and I was neva seen outside of my room. Mum blamed herself thinkin it was because she worked full time from 6am to 8pm every day, including weekends. I barely saw her at all and there was more than one reason why.

6am to 8pm, 14 hours. That's the amount of time I had to spend alone with my abusive dad every single day.

Mum saw the look my fatha was givin me and immediately relised what was happenin. She didn't say anything knowin it would only make the situation worse. Mum was smart and she loved me more than anythin in the whole world. She would give up everythin for me, and in the future she did exactly that.

The next day mum was determined to bring me to work with 'er so I would be away from my fatha, also so she could question me privately 'bout what had been happenin.

My fatha refused to let her take me, knowin what was gonna happen when she got me alone. Mum was forced to leave without me. I cried and begged 'er not to leave me alone, knowin I was about to get the beating of a life time. But she didn't have a choice.

I was in a lot of danger. My fatha has been caught red handed and if mum was to drive to the police instead of going to work, then he would be arrested and locked up for who knows how long.

A dangerous man has been backed into a corner and there was no way out. He was going to lose no matta what he did.

H-He attacked me. B-beating me ova and ova, throwing sharp items at me and knocking me into walls. I-I-I screamed at him t-to s-stop but he didn't. I couldn't fight, I-I didn't know how and I was too scared. But somehow, the next time he charged at me, I protectively raised my hands up to cover my face and in doing so, I had created a mini tornado with a mixture of powerful wind and lightning that smashed him clean through a wall and destroying everythin in its path.

I didn't know how I did it but my sudden activity of my forbidden powas made him lose it completely, and to make it worse, I hurt him with it.

I was begging him, apologising ova and ova again, tellin him that I didn't mean to hurt him and that I'll neva use my powas again. B-but it didn't stop him from grabbing my wrists and binding them with rope.

H-he d-dragged me across the house, into the dining room and t-tied me face down to the t-table. He also bound my legs and feet. I-I screamed at him to s-stop, I didn't know what he was doing and I was petrified.

He-he.... Umm... he opened the oven and grabbed out a large iron frying p-pan, tore open the back of my shirt and rested the pan on the c-centre of my-my b-back. I-I thought he was going to hit me with it but he didn't.

Instead he f-filled it with his most strong alcoholic beverages and then h-happily dropped a-a match into the pan. It immediately caught on fire and I screamed as it b-burned into my back. The-the p-pain was like n-nothin you could eva imagine. He stood the watched me screaming for my life, then he just walked away. He grabbed his jacket and walked out the front door, leaving me there to burn and die!

I think I might have passed out from the pain because the next thing I rememba was police officers breaking open the door. I still rememba the police man who untied me and carried me to the ambulance.

According to the neighbours who had heard me screaming, I had been left there for ova an hour. ONE WHOLE FUCKING HOUR! MY FATHA LEFT ME TO BURN!' I yelled out into the dark moonlit sky.

I had finally reached my breaking point. The whole world around me seemed to darken and it felt like I was drowning, I couldn't breathe and was choking on the small amount of air that had managed to sneak into my lungs. I was hyperventilating and staring to have a panic attack. I was screaming but I couldn't make a sound.

But all of a sudden it all stopped when I felt Jack's hand grip the side of my face as he quickly pressed his cold lips against mine. My eyes shot open in surprise about Jack's sudden kiss. No more than a second later he pulled away.

A/N

Wow! This chapter ended up being a lot longer than I had expected. I hope you liked it.

So now you know most of Romanna's back story. What do you think of her powers? There is still plenty more to find out about them like where they came from and why she has them.

I hope you liked the kiss. Don't worry there's gonna be more but in the next chapter. ~(♡///w\\\♡)~

There isn't going to be much action other than adorable embarrasing stuff for the next few scenes. Sorry guys, but the story really needs the drama aspects added to it. There will be proper action further on involving Romanna's powers and a character who hasn't been heard from since the beginning of the story.....

Thanks for reading and voting!

Love you guys!

Xoxo

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

619 43 9
My name, as you probably know, is Jack Frost. How I know that? Because the moon told me and this story will be full of drama, exciting new adventures...
7.5K 124 20
Alexandra Barrow was a normal girl of sixteen when she died in 1626. While saving her brother from a mountain lion, she was attacked and killed by th...
55K 1.6K 20
You live a life of solitude and theft, but you can't complain it's the only life you know. One night, you're taken by five strangers who call themsel...
52.8K 1.7K 31
We've all heard the tales of our childhood heros. Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Toothfairy, Mr. Sandman, and Jack Frost. These are the Guardians of Ch...