Distance (ON HOLD)

By hate_reality27

Grace Walker also know as Phobia was only 11 when Dick Grayson had found her and got Bruce Wayne to adopted h... More

Chapter 2: Robin 2.0
Chapter 3:Therapy
Chapter 4: Training Session
Chapter 5: Memories
Chapter 6: Bonding
Chapter 7: Girls Night

Chapter 1: Abandoned

1.7K 29 2
By hate_reality27

Abandoned 

"Wake up Grace" Dick lightly shook the girl trying his best not to scare her. After a couple of shakes, he finally woke her up. As she was sitting up Dick turned on the lamp that was sitting on the nightstand next to her bed. 

"What do you want?"  Grace signed to Dick, now grabbing the batteries for her hearing aid off the charger. 

"It's time to get up, you slept longer than usually do."  Dick signed back while watching the girl carefully read his hand movements. Grace has been deaf for about 3 years after an explosion due to two-face. No matter what people might think she can still do everything she used to do and that includes fighting crime, even if it is more difficult than it used to be. 

Before responding Grace carefully placed the batteries into her hearing aids and put them into her ears now giving her the ability to hear pretty, much everything. As much as she claims that she's fine with having to live with having to hear out of a device she misses being able to hear the light sound of the rain tapping on her window while she reads. She misses the way she could hear when dick or even Bruce would have music playing softly throughout the mansion. Yes, she has a hearing aid but that doesn't mean she can hear everything, and even if she could hear everything it still isn't the same. 

"I didn't sleep longer I just fell asleep later than usual," Grace replied her voice a little hoarse from just waking up, but her voice did change a little after going deaf, but the was expected to happen. 

"Okay well, Alfred is making breakfast and wants both of us downstairs," Dick said. 

"Let me get dressed," Grace replied getting out of her bed. Dick just nodded and left. After about 5 minutes Grace was ready and dressed she didn't bother showering considering after breakfast she was going to go train.  Grace walked downstairs to the dining room and sat down in her usual chair next to Dick waiting for  Alfred to bring breakfast. After a minute or two Alfred walked into the dining room and placed the plates in front of them.

"Is that all Master Dick and Miss, Wayne?" He asked making sure the two were happy with their meal. Dick just nodded and started digging into the meal, but Grace had something else on her mind.

"Alfred why do you continue to cook for us when we are perfectly able to cook for ourselves," Grace said feeling bad for Alfred. 

Alfred looked at the girl and a small smile grew on his face and just said "It's my job to take care of you two, just as I did for Master Wayne when he was young."  After that, he walked back into the kitchen to go clean up the mess from making breakfast. 

"I still don't get why he won't let us help him, he does so much for us," Grace said before she started eating her breakfast. 

"This is Alfred we're talking about, have you ever seen him once ask for help?"  Dick replied. Grace took a second to try to remember if Alfred has ever asked for help and couldn't think of anything, so she just replied with a head shake. "Exactly." That was the last thing Dick said about the topic. So for the rest of breakfast Grace and Dick just talked about random things. 

After the two had finished breakfast they went to the Batcave to get ready to train. They both walked up to the mat a got ready to spar against each other. "Ready?" Grace asked Dick. With one simple nod telling her he was ready they both went for each other.  While the two were fighting Bruce walked down and neither one of them heard his footsteps. Once he was able to watch the two fight he stood there and watched though he would never admit it he was impressed with them. He watched Dick as he swept his leg and hit Grace's leg knocking her down. But that didn't stop the girl Grace had jumped back up and Dick had turned his back for a second not noticing she was on her feet now. With one swift move Grace was able to knock Dick down and pin him.  Watching this Bruce couldn't help but feel proud of Grace after everything that she had gone through he still didn't understand how she still had this spark in her. Ever since he had found her in an ally when she was 10 he could tell she had a special spark in her that not many people in Gotham had. 

After a couple more rounds of sparing Grace and Dick had taken a break. Finally noticing Bruce had come down to the Batcave.  "When did you get here?" DIck asked Bruce while trying to catch his breath.

Grace rolled her eyes and said, "He's been here the whole time you idiot." Dick just looked at her with a confused look on his face. 

******

Bruce had given the two the rest of the day off including going on patrol which meant Grace was able to go out with her best friend Rue. Rue was the only one who knew about Grace being Phobia and her powers other than Dick, Bruce, and Alfred. Grace had the power to mess with people's minds and make their worst fears a reality, she didn't like using them after she made a man go crazy. So she only uses them when she has no other choice. Rue was able to see past her being Phobia and she loved Grace even if she wasn't Phobia. 

After Grace got back from hanging out with Rue it was getting pretty late, so Grace went to Dick's room to say goodnight and she walked in and found an empty bed. She didn't think much of it, she just assumed he went out or was in the Batcave. She was too tired to check so she walked back to her room and got ready for bed she threw on shorts and one of Dick's old ACDC shirts. She took her hearing aids and put them on her nightstand completely forgetting to charge the battery. 

******

Dick had woken Grace up almost every morning, but this morning was different Grace was woken up by the sun shining in through her window. After Grace had woken up she had this feeling in her gut she couldn't shake and she couldn't stop thinking about Dick's empty bed she had seen last night. She had kept telling herself that everything was fine and that Dick was probably sleeping in his room right now. After she had gotten ready she went to go put her hearing aids in, only to find them dead, so she put them on the charger and went to go find Dick. 

Grace had walked to Dick's room and saw the door closed. With a shaky breath, she slowly opened the door to find the room empty. Everything was the same as it was last night it was like no one had been in the room since yesterday morning. At this point, Grace was starting to get worried she knew Dick wouldn't just disappear without telling her. So before she jumped to any conclusions she went to search the whole house. She looked everywhere and didn't see him or anyone else. So she checked the last place of the house, the Batcave. She took the elevator down and once she arrived she saw Bruce and Alfred talking about something, but without her hearing aids, she couldn't tell what they were saying. She quickly walked over to them, now Bruce and Alfred had heard her, and turned to face the girl. 

"What's going on? Where is Dick?" She signed so fast they almost couldn't tell what she was saying.

"He's gone." Bruce signed back showing no emotion while singing it. Those two words made Grace's heart shatter.

"What do you mean he's gone? When is he coming back?" Deep down Grace knew what he had meant. She knew he wasn't coming back, but she didn't want to admit he was actually gone. She knew he wanted to leave Gotham they talked about it all the time she just never thought he would actually leave.

"Miss Walker, Master Greyson left last night with no plans on coming back." Alfred signed, Grace could tell Alfred was deeply hurt by Dick leaving. Grace was holding back tears but at this point, she couldn't hold them in any longer so she left the Batcave and ran to her room. She hated people seeing her cry she thought that it would make you weak if you cried, so she wanted to show people she wasn't weak therefore she would only ever cry when she was alone. 

Once she got up to her room she unplugged her hearing aids and put them in her ears, luckily they weren't completely dead. She picked up her phone with her hands shaking and tried to call Dick. After a few rings, it went straight to voice mail. Grace threw her phone across the room in anger, she didn't throw it hard enough to break her phone. Grace locked herself in her room and took her hearing aids out and just laid on her bed sobbing till eventually, she fell asleep. 

AN: AHHH I finally finished this chapter. If you haven't figured it out yet when the text is in bold the means someone is using sign language.  There was no Jason in this chapter, but he will be in the next one.  

(Zendaya will be playing Rue)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 227 8
β•°β”ˆβž€ π•šn which an experiment out of hundreds leaves margo caulder intangible, and dick grayson is the only one able to make her feel whole again, 𝘭π˜ͺ...
4.3K 121 48
Anastasia Kyle, the daughter to the infamous Catwoman, has been growing up on the streets for years. She worked with the Joker to raise a little Hell...
114K 2.6K 16
Where two lost souls meet in strange ways. dick grayson x oc [ titans S1 ] started: 24 / 11 / 19 ended: 08 / 03 / 2020 edited: 08 / 05 / 2022 Β· disc...
107K 2.7K 54
❝ π˜›π˜Έπ˜ͺ𝘴𝘡 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘡𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ 𝘣𝘳π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘨𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘡𝘰 π˜ͺ𝘡. ❞ titans season one, two & three oc Γ— dick grayson