π‘‚π‘π‘π‘œπ‘ π‘–π‘‘π‘’ πΏπ‘œπ‘£π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘ ...

By gracehopewrites_

Hate; feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone or something) Carter Shay is a seventeen year old girl... More

π‘‚π‘π‘π‘œπ‘ π‘–π‘‘π‘’ πΏπ‘œπ‘£π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘ 
π‘ƒπ‘™π‘Žπ‘¦π‘™π‘–π‘ π‘‘
[Chapter 1] Dear High School.
[Chapter 2] Partners.
[Chapter 3] Let's try.
[Chapter 4] Why do i?
[Chapter 5]Payback.
[Chapter 6] Can we talk?
[Chapter 7] Homecoming.
[Chapter 8] The secret.
[Chapter 9] Why?
[Chapter 10] Gorgeous.
[Chapter 11] Rye.
[Chapter 12] Stay.
[Chapter 13] Off my mind.
[Chapter 14] What the hell?
[Chapter 15] Oh my god.
[Chapter 16] 'til you do.
[Chapter 17] You're loved.
[Chapter 18] Elliot.
[Chapter 19] happy birthday.
[Chapter 20] Dress codes.
[Chapter 22] Ferris wheel.
[Chapter 23] Senior night.
[Chapter 24] Thanksgiving.
[Chapter 25] Picture books.
[Chapter 26] College.
[Chapter 27] Bad day.
[Chapter 28] The last game.
[Chapter 29] Parker.
[Chapter 30] Christmas.
[Chapter 31] New Years.
[Chapter 32] Perfect.
[Chapter 33] White dress.
[Chapter 34] Cayden.
[Chapter 35] Dress shopping
[Chapter 36] Senior trip.
[Chapter 37] The most perfect night.
[Chapter 38] The finish line.
[Bonus Chapter] Surprise.
[Bonus Chapter] Renunion.
[Bonus Chapter] Grace Elizabeth Shay
A/N

[Chapter 21] Halloween.

4.3K 64 6
By gracehopewrites_

Halloween. My least favorite day of the year. Maybe it's because it's cold. Or maybe it's because of what happened at the last Halloween party I went to three years ago. But either way, I hate it.

Amber is forcing me to go to Trent's party. I told her I'm not dressing up. But here I am in a tight black dress. "Put it on!" Amber yells as she holds up the headband with devil horns on them.

"I don't want to." I deadpan but she rolls her eyes and puts it on my head.

"Perfect." She smiles before looking me up and down. "You look hot." She touches up her blush before putting her angel headband and wings on. "So where's Noah?"

She's been prying about what happened with Noah and it's starting to get annoying. "Went to Trent's earlier to help set stuff up," she nods.

"So did you and him make up?"

"Can we stop talking about Noah and leave," I slip on my black heeled boots and walk out of my room with her following.

__________________

The smell of alcohol and weed hit my nose. My face screws up in disgust as I follow Amber to the kitchen. She grabs a beer and without letting me get anything drags me away from the kitchen. "I was gonna ge-"

"I want to find Trent," great, again it's about her. We walk around until we spot the group. "Found them!" She drags me over to them.

"Hey babe," Trent wraps his arm around her and whispers something in her ear. I try to be nonchalant and look around for Noah because he's not standing with the group. A little because I want to know if he's with that girl from earlier.

"Don't worry. He's with Nick getting ice," I look over at Trent who's leaned over Amber.

"Oh. I wasn't-"

"I won't tell anyone," I smile at him before looking down at my feet. Once you get past the rough exterior Trent's a pretty good guy.

"Hey, guys. We got the ice and put it in the cooler," I hear Noah's voice and look up, we meet eyes. He looks me up and down before clearing his throat and stands crossing his arms in front of him.

"We're gonna go dance!" Amber grabs Trent's hand before pulling him through the crowd leaving Nick, Lia, Jeremy, and Justin.

"Us too!" There goes Jer and Justin.

"Uh, we're gonna go get some fresh air," Amelia pulls Nick away leaving just me and Noah staring at each other. I clear my throat.

"I'm gonna go get a drink," I turn around and start walking away.

When I reach the kitchen I search until I find a water bottle. I quickly unscrew it before throwing my head back and taking a drink. "Hey, Car." I turn around to look at Elliot.

"Hey," he smells like alcohol. He gestures to my dress.

"You look good," I smile.

"Thanks," he stuffs his hands in the pockets of his jeans. I think most of the football players and basketball players are just wearing their jerseys.

"Are you not drinking?" I shake my head.

"DD."

"So if I offer you a drink you won't take it?"

"Sorry to break it to you but I wouldn't take it anyway, I'll only drink what I grab," he sighs.

"Okay, do you want to dance?" Not with you.

"Uhm, I don't dance," he's making me uncomfortable.

"You trust me, don't you? Come on." He grabs my wrist to try and drag me out to the dance floor.

"Um, Elliot I don't-" we get cut off by a voice. His voice.

"Get your hands off of her," Elliot stops walking and turns around, I pull my arm out of his grip as fast as I can and stand to walk behind and Noah:

"What's it to you?"

"She's uncomfortable, so I suggest you get your hands off of her before your eyes are swollen shut tomorrow," my eyes widen and I put my hand on his arm.

"Noah it's fine."

"No, it's not fine. Stop saying it's fine, he shouldn't have touched you if you didn't want him to," I look down to my feet as Elliot scoffs.

"So you think because you got your dad arrested for hitting you that you're all big and bad?"

"Elliot!" I yell without thinking. Elliot just smirks and walks away.

"You told him?" Noah is now facing me.

"I didn't tell him anything!"

"Are you sure? Because you're the only damn person that knew anything! I thought I could trust you," he shakes his head. "I should've never come over that night. I'd be better off if I'd just died." He walks past me.

"Noah! I didn't-" he turns around and holds a finger up as my vision starts to blur.

"I don't want to hear anything Carter!" I grab onto the counter knocking some stuff over as black starts to cloud my vision. "Carter? Carter, are you okay?"

That's the last thing I hear before my body hits the ground.

___________________

I wake up and squint my eyes to adjust to the light. I don't hear a beeping machine, I'm not in the hospital, I'm in..my room. I look at my door and it opens. "Oh. You're awake." I don't reply and just hold contact with Noah.

After a few moments, I break the silence. "What happened?"

"Your water was spiked, you passed out and slept through the night." I nod a little confused. Who spiked my drink? Then my head goes back to that night. The night Rye spiked my drink and then..you know. He's the reason I won't take a drink from anyone.

"Listen I'm sorry I yelled last night. I know you didn't tell Elliot I just needed someone to yell at," he looks down as he sits on the end of the bed. "This is what I was talking about," he mumbles.

I scrunch my eyebrows up and sit up. "Why? Because you yelled? Do you know how many times I've yelled at you, Miller? And over stupid stuff?"

He sighs. "Yeah, but it's different," I laugh.

"Because you're a guy? It's the same as if I yelled at you. The only difference is that you are a little bigger than me so it's scarier. You had a right to yell. I didn't tell Elliot but if I did I'd yell at me too. Any other situation? Yeah, I'd be pissed at you. But I understand why you did it."

I climb out of my blankets and by his side. "Because you are nothing like your dad Noah. You'd never lay a hand on me, yelling is different than hitting. Has your dad ever told you you look beautiful? Or call you gorgeous as soon as he wakes up from almost dying? Or make you feel pretty after going through one of the hardest things in your life? No, he hasn't, because you did that."

I stand up to stand in front of him and pull him up. "To be honest I'm not sure if I'd be here right now if it weren't for you. I was not happy. But you changed that. He wouldn't have done any of that. But you did. You are nothing like your father and I just want you to believe that because I-" I stop myself. Should I tell him?

Oh, fuck it. I'm already in too deep.

"Because I like you, Noah. I have feelings for you. And I hope to god that you have them too. Or else I'm just embarrassing myse-"

He cuts me off by slamming his lips on mine.

I close my eyes and wrap my arms around his neck and his hands come up to cup my face. After a few moments, we pull back. He laughs and wipes the tears that have made their way down his face. "If it's not already that obvious I have feelings for you too Shay," I smile and lean back up to kiss him.

"But as much as I love that dress on you, you seriously need to change because that dress on you gives me a serious hard-on," my eyes widen as I look down. I'm still in the dress from last night.

"Yeah, I'm gonna shower," he nods as I let go of his hand and make my way into the bathroom. I smile and look at the mirror.

My hair looks like a rat's nest. But that's beside the point. Noah Miller has feelings for me. And I have feelings for him. And we basically just kinda made-out in my bedroom. That was making out, right? I don't think so. Whatever.

Noah Miller is an idiot. But he's my idiot.

And I'm completely okay with it.

______________________
Let me know if there are any mistakes and I can fix them<3

Comment what you thought about chapter twenty-one!

Eeek! I know I wrote it but this chapter makes me so happy. And they're technically still not "together" because neither of them has asked each other. But soon:)

Thank you guys SO much for 1k reads. Although it's isn't much it means a lot to me because I wasn't expecting to get even five reads on this book. I love you all<3

Not Edited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17K 4.7K 68
She is beautiful. He is handsome. She is rich and kind. He is wealthy and arrogant. She believes in love and finding her soulmate. He hates love and...
2.1M 63.3K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...
253K 10.2K 49
I felt a hand under my chin and then I was looking right into Aiden's eyes. "You know that I care about you, right?" He used the same hushed tone. Ai...
11.3K 164 15
Meet Riley brooks. Age 18. She was bullied her hole school life so she is shy round people but that's not the only reason shes shy, Riley's beaten by...