FOR SOME REASON I LOVE YOU

By Kuurechr

Gintoki Sakata is known as a man that can't be tied down. You had somehow managed it. More

MARRIED LIFE IS FANTASTIC, THEY SAID
THE NEW GIRL EATS EVERYTHING AND WE'LL BE IN DEBT
THE FAMILY HAS A MAN WHO FORGETS HE HAS A WIFE AND A GIRL WHO SETS OFF BOMBS
FOR SOME REASON EVERYONE WANTS TO SLEEP WITH OTOSE AND LOOK! TITLE REFERENCE
YOU'RE A LIAR? WE'RE NOT SURE BUT WE'RE SURE SHINPACHIS THE ONLY RESPONSIBLE ONE
QUIT YOUR JOB AND BE POOR WITH GINTOKI AGAIN BECAUSE HE WANTS THAT
AUTHOR CHAN IS HORRIBLE AT WRITING SUSPENSE AND DRAMA
ONCE KAGURA AND SHINPACHI GROW UP, YOU'LL REPLACE THEM WITH YOUR OWN
ITS THE EPISODE THAT INSPIRED THE FANFIC AND MANY TIME SKIPS
READER IS AN AWESOME SURGEON AND GIN IS ALWAYS GETTING BOCKCLOCKED
STOLEN PANTIES AND RUINED PRIDE
INDIRECT AND DIRECT DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
DAY OFF WARRANTS A NICE TRIP BUT IS A YOROZUYA TRIP NOT AUTOMATICALLY CHAOTIC
AN EXHAUSTING DAY WITH A PISSED OFF WIFE AND A WORRIED HUSBAND
KAGURA IS SUPER DUPER SMART BUT DOESN'T GET CREDIT
COCKROACHES SHOULD BE EXTINCT (HOW DO THESE GIGANTIC ONES NOT FLY)
GIN-CHAN AND Y/N GET THROUGH A CONVERSATION WITHOUT FIGHTING ?!?! (Kinda)
GIN HAS AMNESIA AND APPRECIATES HIS WIFE
LOTS OF IGNORING AND DOWNSIZED BALDY BACKSTORY SKIP (author-chan is lazy)

GIN IS GETTING MARRIED YET YOU WORRY ABOUT THE TIME HE GETS HOME

1.5K 76 11
By Kuurechr

"You've not been feeling well?" Yamamoto asked, looking up at you.

You'd continued going to him, even after he said he could clear you for work. It didn't feel right to say you were completely fine when you knew you weren't. It wouldn't harm just you, but your patients health too, and that was what was important.

"No, I haven't," you sighed. "I've been experiencing horrible migraines, feeling really dizzy or nauseous at times, I don't have much of an appetite, and I've just been exhausted lately."

As he wrote down what you said, Yamamoto chuckled lightly. "Quite the doctor aren't you? You're well versed with yourself."

"Of course I am, I have a family and patients that need me. I need to be a healthy person to do anything I do efficiently."

"Well, since you know yourself very well, and are a highly skilled doctor, I have a feeling you're sure what your diagnosis is."

You shrugged your shoulders. "I'm assuming it's iron deficiency. I had a problem with it when I was younger, but it hasn't really been a concern for me since then. If it is, it's not much of a problem, I know how to deal with it. But I want to hear a second opinion."

"Would you like to run any tests?"

"Of course not, it's a waste to do it on me with no real reason to."

"Well," Yamamoto looked over the file he had. "I was going to say what you said as well, considering your current symptoms and past medical history. Since you know your body best, would you say you're in need of any medication or will you just try to work on your diet for now?"

"I've been trying to work on my diet for a week or two but nothings really changed. I wasn't eating horribly before either, so I don't know."

"Has your menstruation cycle changed in someway? More bleeding than usual?" You shook your head. "No recent injuries that could cause internal bleeding," he muttered to himself. "Any chance you're pregnant?"

You shook your head again. "I checked, I'm not."

"Positive?"

"No."

"Well, I recommend you double che.." Yamamoto caught your grin and chuckled, realizing the joke. "Ah, ha, very funny Sakata-san. That's good though. Um, then, pay extra addition to your diet. Check back with me next week about this, yeah? If you're still feeling bad, go to the walk in clinic, see what they will do for you."

"Alright, thanks doctor," you smiled, getting up.

"How've you been doing though?" Yamamoto said quickly. "Generally."

"Better than usual," you answered, quite truthfully. "I haven't really thought about stuff, much, because I've been sick and focused on that."

"Have you ever been scared when you get sick?" He asked. "Does your mind go to other places?"

You shrugged. "I don't believe so? Why should I be?"

"I have many patients who have people they care about. And they don't seem to care much about being sick, but more about their loved ones and what they feel like."

"Ah, well, I'm not sickly," you said. "Don't be so dramatic doctor."

"Just something I thought we could talk about. It's not really related to the sickness." He saw you glance back down at your seat. "Go ahead."

You sighed, sitting down, knowing you'd be here a while, and wanting to cut it short. You were tired.

"My mother would get over it, she's a strong woman. I would feel guilty leaving her, yeah, but I think she'd rather not see me in pain."

"You're father passed away, a while ago right?"

"Long time ago, why?"

"You're not afraid of leaving her alone?"

Yamamoto watched as you straightened up, answering without a second though. "No. She wouldn't be alone. She has Gin, Shinpachi, Kagura, Catherine, and everyone in the neighborhood to keep her company. She'll barely notice I'm gone."

You smiled contently at that thought. You seemed to want everyone to be happy and continue on as if nothing happened, at least, that's what Yamamoto thought. But really did anyone want to be forgotten by the people they loved most? He'd have to pry deeper.

"Speaking of your husband, how do you think he'd feel? How do you feel about it?"

Your chest heaved up and down as you thought about it. "He's dealt with a lot of loss in his life, and he regrets a lot. I want to let him not regret anything before I die, to help him deal with it. I think he'll get over it fairly quickly." You nodded to yourself, seeming content with your answer.

"How would you react if... nevermind, Sakata-san, that's enough for today, I think." He knew better than to make you picture Gintoki being hurt again.

"Yeah, I agree," you said, standing up quickly. "Although, to answer your unfinished question, I think it would take me a really long time to get over it. But I think I would cope eventually. Like I said, I have more people I love besides Gintoki. They'll help me get through it, as I know they'll do if it's me on the dying side."

Yamamoto nodded, seeming satisfied. "Have a good day Y/N-san."

You bowed. "You too sir."

When you left, he smiled to himself. "She's improving."

"Good morning!" Shinpachi greeted Otose, who was sweeping outside.

"Shinpachi-kun? Morning," Otose answered back, voice gruffy.

"You're early today," Shinpachi commented politely.

Otose sighed. "It's because you're all such idiots." Her eyebrows furrowed, as she remembered something. "By the way, you promised to pay last months' rent by today. Give that message to my good for nothing tenant and his wife."

Shinpachi scratched the back of his head sheepishly and nodded. "Oh yeah, sorry."

Otose huffed. "I really thought he'd learn to be a bit responsible when he got married."

Shinpachi let out a laugh. "Yeah, you'd think so! Well, it is Gintoki-san, you couldn't expect much."

"That is true," Otose mumbled under her breath. "I can't believe I let my only child marry that good for nothing."

"What was that?" Shinpachi asked.

"Nothing, go off and remind him!"

"Ah, so someone fell through the roof, and landed on top of Gin, and then he though he slept with her while he was blacked out and then he decided to take responsibility for it?"

"If you simplify it that much... yeah," Shinpachi said carefully, watching to see if you would get mad. I mean, they had really forgotten about you for a whole episode talking about Gintoki's love life.

"Hm, we have to do something about the ceiling, don't we? What a pity, I was hoping to buy some good meat."

"That's-?! That's what you're worried about?!" Shinpachi yelled. "Your husbands off to marry some ninja woman!!"

"Yeah, and he should be back by 11, he's a grown man, what's wrong with coming home a little late?"

"That's not the issue! He's marrying someone!"

"He's already married to me, Shinpachi. Did you forget?"

"No! But, I'm saying, he's marrying"-

"It's about time you go to bed Kagura!" You yelled, glancing at the time. "You too Shinpachi, if you really want to know when Gin comes back, I'll wake you up."

"I don't- I'm just saying... you know what? Nevermind."

Gintoki got home a bit late, nearing midnight. All the lights were out, you'd found out a way to quickly fix your roof, temporarily at least, and once you'd gotten over with the tiring day you'd fallen asleep.

Sachan stayed close behind him, even though he tried shooing her away.

He dragged his feet over to your room, and turned on the lights.

"I told you, go awa..."

You wore a robe to sleep, as you did when you were too tired to change. It had kind of ridden up, showing off your legs, and being very, very close to revealin-

Sachan felt something in her awaken.

She and Gintoki stood still, frozen, mirroring a picture, until Gintoki spoke.

"You should go now."

"No, I think I should stay."

"Uh, no, you should definitely go."

"I will definitely go... get a box of something. And come back."

"Good with me. Bring some meat too, she was telling me she wanted some yesterday. The good kind."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 205 33
"Be careful not to fall." She was warned but she still fell and she knew all along that tripping will only hurt her. She knew it from the very beginn...
166K 9.4K 27
everytime i hold you tight, it just doesn't feel right. you're in my memory, but can you remember me? - in which two broken souls started finding...
28.9K 1.2K 14
Of course. I was an idiot this entire time... no wonder it wouldn't open. It's because I chose to throw it all away. The one...
3.4K 70 16
Life is unpredictable. No matter how much you want to change it to be good or bad, up or down, you can't even guess what will happened in the future...