Wolfsbane // Neville Longbott...

By justreadandwritex

Cassie Green survived the second Wizarding war but not without any complications. Cassie is about to start he... More

Wolfsbane // Neville Longbottom
Chapter 1: Start of Term
Chapter 2: Professor Green
Chapter 3: Full Moon
Chapter 4: Nina Flume
Chapter 5: Nightmares
Chapter 6: Birthday
Chapter 7: Monster
Chapter 8: Aconite
Chapter 9: Snow
Chapter 10: Shame
Chapter 11: Healers
Chapter 12: Scrofungulus
Chapter 13: Christmas
Chapter 14: Mrs Longbottom
Chapter 15: Sopophorous
Chapter 16: Sisters
Chapter 17: Friends
Chapter 18: Minerva McGonagall
Chapter 19: Tea
Chapter 20: Date
Chapter 21: Godmother
Chapter 22: L-Word
Chapter 23: Register
Chapter 24: Easter Holidays
Chapter 25: Harry Potter
Chapter 26: Letters
Chapter 27: Pepperup
Chapter 28: The Ministry
Chapter 29: Aftermath
Chapter 30: Dean & Seamus's
Chapter 31: Am I A Monster?
Chapter 32: Change

Epilogue

1.8K 60 20
By justreadandwritex

"No, no, no! AH!" Cassie shouted, reaching out for her wand quickly before the vase that was once Neville's grandmothers could collapse onto the floor. She let out a sigh in relief when it hovered above the wooden floor. She quickly picked it up and carefully put it in a box, putting a few charms around it to ensure it wouldn't break on the way.

"Cass? Everything okay?" Neville shouted from the other room.

"Yep! Everything's fine," she shouted back. She grabbed the last few things in the room and put them into boxes. For three days, they had been packing up Neville's grandmothers home. They were moving to the same village where Hermione and Ron lived along with many other wizards, Eptown.

They had bought a small, dainty cottage with a massive garden and even a greenhouse. There was also a shed where she could brew potions, most importantly the Wolfsbane potion, over the summer. And there was a basement where she could go to transform on full moons. Both were incredibly excited to move in.

But first, they had to empty out Neville's grandmother's house. Cassie's flat had been easy to empty out, she only had a few clothes and belongings there anyway.

Neville appeared in the doorway, a bit of dirt on his forehead as well as a few drops of sweat. She smiled at him, closing the last box with the flick of her wand. "All done," she said, walking up to him and wiping the dirt off his forehead.

"It's really strange to see this place empty," he sighed. She nodded.

"I understand love," she said, placing her hand on the back of his neck. "Take your time, okay? I'll ship these last few boxes off and I'll wait downstairs, okay?" He nodded and hugged her tightly. She smiled hugging back.

"I cannot wait to move though," he whispered.

"Me neither," she said, pressing a soft kiss on his lips before letting go and carrying the last three boxes downstairs. Thank Godrick for the Feather-light charm. She shipped off the boxes easily and waited downstairs in what used to be the living room for Neville.

He returned only a few minutes later, a smile on his lips. She knew this was an emotional process for him. He had grown up in this house after all. But in his eyes, she could see the excitement she shared with him about moving into their new cottage.

"Ready?" she asked him, reaching out her hand.

"So ready," he smiled, pressing a kiss on her forehead. She smiled and together, they apparated to their newest home. She looked over at Neville as they stepped inside, their fingers intertwined and their hearts beating at the same pace.

To think that months ago she was so angry with herself for something she could not control that she was willing to miss out on such a fantastic person. That she was pushing his love away merely because of her hatred for herself. And now they were moving in together and she was happier than ever.

"Nev?" Neville nodded, looking at her. "Thank you. Thank you for helping me realise that... that I'm a good person. That I'm not a monster. Thank you for helping me fight for my rights and for... for loving me. Thank you for making me a better person." He smiled, pulling her close to his body and pressing a soft kiss on her lips.

"I love you so much, silly. You never have to thank me for any of that," he told her, stroking her cheek. She smiled, clutching onto his jumper. 

"I just love you. And... without you, who knows? I would've remained that stuck up girl who shields herself away so that people won't get too close," she sighed. "But you... you saw me. You helped me find myself again and I am so grateful for that."

"I love you, Cass," he smiled, kissing her softly again. She kissed him back, pressing him against the wall.

"What do you say? Let's break this place in, shall we?" she grinned, slipping her hands under his jumper.

---

1 YEAR LATER

"Hi mum and dad," Neville said as he and Cassie walked into the Longbottoms private room at St Mungo's Hospital. Neither Alice nor Frank looked up. Frank's health was declining rapidly and Cassie and Neville made sure to visit them at least once a week.

She knew how much it worried him and she tried to be as supportive as she could be. "Hi Mr and Mrs Longbottom," she said, taking Neville's coat from him and hanging it on the hook. "Shall I get some tea for us?" she asked Neville. He nodded, pressing a kiss on her cheek before sitting down with his parents. Cassie went out into the hallway again and Neville took his mother's hand.

"Hi mum," he said. "I have to be quick but I want you to know that... I'm going to ask Cassie to marry me soon. I want to be with her for the rest of my life," he said happily. Alice didn't respond and stared blankly at her son. "I know you love her and me." He pressed a kiss on her forehead. Alice grabbed his hand tightly. "What is it mum?" he asked gently.

She didn't respond, she never did. He was used to that by now though it still stung occasionally. She pressed something in his hands. He sighed softly, expecting another gum wrapper. He opened his hand and looked at it.

"Mum," he gasped softly. She let go of his hand again and stood up, walking to the window. Neville followed her, standing beside her as they stared out of the window. "This is yours. Dad gave it to you when you got engaged," he said, placing his hand on the small of her back. She didn't respond.

Alice pressed her finger on the glass. Neville looked in the direction she was pointing at. It was nothing but long fields of grass. She tapped on the glass again. "Do you want to go outside?" he asked. She tapped again. "Okay, I will tell the nurse."

"Hi, everything alright here?" Cassie asked as she walked in. Neville quickly put the ring into his pocket, knowing his mother had understood and knowing his mother wanted him to propose to Cassie with it, which was an absolute honour to him.

"Yes. I think mum wants to go for a walk. What do you say? We take them outside for a bit," he said. Cassie put their cups of tea on the table and nodded.

"That sounds good," she said. "I'll quickly speak to the Healer." He nodded and she left again.

"Thank you, mum. For the ring. I know exactly what to do with it," he whispered. "I love you." Alice leaned against him, closing her eyes. I love you too, Neville.

A few days later, Neville was ready to pop the big question. He had called for help from a very special room in Hogwarts; the Room of Requirement. It was perfectly decorated, just as how he wanted it.

There were strings of lights all over the place, a layer of snow on the ground representing the period in which they first kissed, scattered over the snow were rose petals and in the middle, where no snow laid, there was a round blanket.

He had asked Cassie to meet him here at eight in the evening sharp. He was waiting inside for her, a big bouquet in his hands and the ring in his pocket. He was very nervous. He didn't expect her to say no but... you never knew.

"Neville? Neville, is this the Room of- Nev?" she gasped as she noticed him. Her eyes scanned the room, taking in the snow, the lights and well, him. "Nev, oh my- Nev!" she ran as quickly as she could with her walking stick towards him, jumping into his arms, tossing her stick aside and giggling. He smiled, catching her like he always did and spun her around.

"Surprise," he said happily. She kissed him deeply.

"What do I owe this to?" she asked curiously, landing back on her feet.

"I just... I love you," he said. He held out the flowers to her and she took it, a bright smile on her lips. It was his favourite sight to see. Seeing Cassie happy was his favourite thing and now that things were getting better for people with lycanthropy, he saw it far more often and far more genuinely.

"I love you too," she said.

"Cass... I feel so lucky, no, I am so lucky to have become so close to you, to be able to love and be loved by you. When we met again, I didn't expect us to fall in love but it soon became clear to me that there was no stopping it from my side. You bright up my days and you make me feel so alive,"

"I would wait a thousand lifetimes if it meant I could spend one minute with you. No matter what, I would do anything to be with you for as long as you will have me. I feel safe and secure with you and comfortable. I feel loved and excited whenever you're around,"

"I want to spend every minute of the rest of my life with you, Cassie. I love you more than I have ever loved anyone. So," he knelt down onto one knee and pulled the ring from his pocket. Cassie's hand flew to her mouth and Neville saw tears burn in her eyes. "Without further ado, Cassandra Green, will you please do me the honours of marrying me?"

"Yes, yes, of course, yes," she cheered, kneeling down next to him and falling into his arms. "Oh yes. I love you so much." He hugged her tightly after sliding the ring on her finger.

"I love you," he said, cupping her face and kissing her deeply. Both of them were exploding with joy, feeling indestructible because of the power of love.

---

2 YEARS LATER

Cassie looked at herself in the mirror, dressed in a white gown, her hair done perfectly and a neutral make-up look on her face. Scars were visible on her skin but she wasn't bothered by them anymore. Neville had taught her how to love them. He had taught her how to love herself again.

"Ready to go, love?" Padma asked her, appearing beside her in the mirror. She nodded, taking a deep breath.

"Yeah. Ready," she nodded. Padma hugged her tightly from behind.

"I am so excited for you," she said, sighing happily. Padma had a slight baby bump, now five months pregnant with her and Percy's first child.

"I am so excited for you," Cassie smiled. "I love you, Padma."

"Love you too, Cassie," Padma smiled, pressing a quick kiss on her cheek. "But your fiance is waiting down the aisle so we should go." Cassie nodded, chuckling softly. Padma gave her one last hug before letting her go.

Cassie walked out of the room after Padma where Poppy and Minerva were ready to give her away. She hugged them each tightly, thanking them once more for being her true family as she had been doing for years now.

"Always, darling," Poppy said, pressing a kiss on the top of her head.

"Are you ready to get married?" Minerva asked her. Cassie nodded.

"So ready," she smiled. She hooked her arm with both Poppy and Minerva. She turned around to face where Neville was standing, Dean, Luna and Ron next to him. Her lips formed into a smile as she saw him there.

He looked nervous, playing with his fingers and the hem of his cloak - the one his father had worn on his wedding day. The veil got lifted and Cassie now became visible for Neville too. His eyes lit up and tears welled up in his eyes.

Poppy and Minerva guided Cassie down the aisle. She knew everyone was looking at her but she only had eyes for Neville just as he only had eyes for her. Poppy and Minerva let go of her as she stood in front of Neville. They took each other's hands and she bit her bottom lip, trying to hold back her tears.

"You look... you look... wow. You're so beautiful," he whispered to her. She let out a soft chuckle and nodded.

"You do too," she whispered back. Flitwick cleared his throat and started talking.

"We are gathered here today to witness the marriage between Neville Frank Longbottom and Cassandra Green. When Neville joined us at Hogwarts, us colleagues noticed right away there was something happening between him and our Cassie," he started. "So we placed a bet. Sad to say I lost as these two came to terms with their feelings faster than I had expected, but I'm very happy and feel honoured to have witnessed love bloom between them." Cassie and Neville giggled softly. 

"Neville, repeat after me. I, Neville Frank Longbottom," Flitwick said.

"I, Neville Frank Longbottom," Neville said.

"Vow to love and cherish Cassandra Green."

"Vow to love and cherish Cassandra Green," he said, a tear slipping out of the corner of his eye. Cassie wiped it away gently.

"And to be with her in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer, and support her through whatever the world may throw at her for as long as I shall live."

"And to be with her in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer, and support her through whatever the world may throw at her for as long as I shall live," he finished. "I love you," he whispered. She nodded, a smile on her lips. He slid the ring onto her finger gently and she let out a happy sigh.

"Cassandra, repeat after me. I, Cassandra Green," Flitwick continued.

"I, Cassandra Green," she said, her voice shaking slightly.

"Vow to love and cherish Neville Frank Longbottom."

"Vow to love and cherish Neville Frank Longbottom," she said, squeezing Neville's hands gently.

"And to be with him in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer, and support him through whatever the world may throw at him for as long as I shall live."

"And to be with him in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer, and support him through whatever the world may throw at him for as long as I shall live," she said, her voice filled with emotion. "I love you so much."

"I pronounce you husband and wife! You may kiss," Flitwick announced. Cassie practically jumped into his arms, wrapping her arms around her husband tightly and kissing him deeply.

It reminded her of their first kiss.

He kissed her on the first snowfall of that winter and she freaked out.

But then they kissed again and she became addicted.

They kissed and then she fell in love.

And neither of them ever fell out.

They got their happily ever after. It wasn't always easy. But they got it. They got two cats, became the best uncle and aunt ever, lived in their beautiful cottage, taught at Hogwarts and they loved. They loved so hard.

Cassie loved Neville.

Neville loved Cassie.

And that meant that all would be well.

-

-

-

well well well

that's it!

sorry this feels so rushed and it's not a chapter i'm proud of but i have 0 motivation for this fic soooo this is the end! i hope you enjoyed it while it lasted :)

thank you all for reading, it means the world to me!

love you all, take care!!

x L

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 21 8
Lowen Mitchell is in her seventh year at Hogwarts. Everything seems to work out just fine. She's a well-behaved student whose grades are always outst...
86.1K 2.7K 43
BOOK TWO. Olivia Potter's back, attending Hogwarts as a fifth year student. But the return of He Who Must Not Be Named has left everyone in doubt of...
232K 7.8K 33
The second book to 'The Pheonix Girl' Please read that first or you probably won't understand a word that is coming out of my brain onto Wattpad. Any...
2.5K 371 22
The hero of Hogwarts, that's what they called her. What they dubbed her after the events of the repository. What a cruel title... Threa Longbottom wa...