All Lust and War ✓

De venusorionv

~~~~~~~~~~ Amelia Bartley, the perfect student, math prodigy and everyone's wanna-bee. Her life was simple y... Mai multe

Author's note
Character aesthetics
Prologue
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Epilogue

Chapter eight

355 4 0
De venusorionv

The moment I woke up, I froze. I wasn't in my room. I lay in a room, high up from the ground, which was obvious from the view of the city skyline. I looked around the bed I was in. The bed itself had black sheets, which I can't lie, I loved.

The floors were black marble, the fireplace further away from the bed had a black frame. The bedside tables didn't have any picture frames, there were no special details, but the one thing that gave it away where I was, happened to be the book on the bedside table. "Proofs from THE BOOK" sat on top of it.

Nathanial.

There was no way I just happen to lay in someone else's than his bed. He's rich, he can afford this kind of apartment. Besides, he's a math lover. Someone who seems to love to read about the field.

I slowly got out of bed and looked down at what I was wearing. An oversized black T-shirt. His shirt. I pulled it up slightly, taking a corner of it to my nose. I could still smell his scent on it.

Did we sleep in the same bed?

How did I end up here?

I remember the sex. Vividly. It's hard to forget when it's Nathanial I'm speaking about. I left his room, looking around the space.

Soon I got to realize that it wasn't an apartment, but a damn penthouse after I stumbled upon the stairs. The view was absolutely mesmerizing. I stood in front of one of the windows right next to the stairs.

As I turned around my eyes caught an opened door. Was it a good idea to snoop? No. Did I do it? Yes. The curiosity got the best of me. I approached the door, opening it just so that I fitted through it. I entered the room, my lips parting slightly.

His office.

Damn him for having my dream office.

The dark interior, the bookshelves filled with books, mostly philosophical or math-based. The plants gave the room a cosy vibe and reminded me of Luke's place. I took a step forward, eying out the books on the shelves.

The number of books this man had was astounding. I saw some books I've read, like "Zero: The Biography of a Dangerous Idea", "An Imaginary Tale" and "Prime obsession". The best books I've ever read in my life. I reached the glass desk, that had an iMac on the side and papers everywhere. The drawers on the right-hand side matched the black bookshelf. The very top one was almost overfilled. I looked up, looking out onto the gorgeous view of the city.

I just imagined how awesome it would be to sit here at night, solve problems and look out into the view. It's inspiring. Or it may be a distraction, but overall, I wanted that.

"Snooping around?" I jumped at the sound of his voice. I turned around, seeing him leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed over his chest. He wore light grey pants, a white dress shirt, that was tucked in the pants, and white sneakers.

"I..." he smiled, walking inside, towards me.

"It's fine." He stood inches away from me, looking at me. I had to tilt my head upwards to meet his eyes. "How are you feeling?"

"Okay." I hesitated to ask something else. "How... how did this happen?"

"You fell asleep. I brought you here." And then it hit me.

"My-"

"Luke knows that you're at Roselyn's." I frowned. "I texted him from your phone when I brought you here." Okay, he thought this out.

"And did we-"

"I slept in the same bed. No, we didn't go anywhere further and no, I didn't use you." I nodded.

"And what about classes?" He let out a small laugh.

"That's a worry for you? You don't even need to attend at this point, princess." I had forgotten the way he called me. "However, there is a mid-term coming up." Next month will be December. Christmas. But that means mid-terms. "You can take them next week. I'll prepare one separately for you." I shook my head.

"That's wrong."

"It's pointless for you, princess. Sure if you want, I'll give the one hundred points today and you won't need to take it, but I think I know you well enough to say that you're not like that."

"Why would you give me that?"

"The test is as easy as two plus two, trust me. You aced the matrix topic which will consist of about eighty per cent of the test-" he was telling me things that could get him in trouble.

"You can't tell me that."

"Listen, you have all the roads open for you to graduate early. You could literally start your PhD after New Years." I shook my head.

"Nate-"

"Amelia, this is your chance. I can help you."

"Why?" That came out louder than I wanted it to. "Why me? Is it just because you're attracted to me? Just because of that?"

"Don't put words in my mouth," I rolled my eyes and looked away from him. His hand wrapped around my throat, tilting my face to face him. "You should be fucking happy I'm doing this for you. You're probably the only person I've worked with in my entire life that is this talented. And sure, maybe I do like you. I really like you. But I'm not doing this to get you in my bed. I think we both know that you came crawling to me last night." I looked him in the eyes. His intoxicating eyes. Was he lying? Probably not. At least he wasn't when he said the last part.

I asked for that myself. Literally crawled into my professor's lap. "I'm trying to help you. Do you know how well you could do in life?"

"And would you do the same for someone that was like me? If they waltzed through the door when you began a class with me in the audience, would you offer them this help?" He stayed silent.

"Since when do you care about others, Amelia? You have probably the biggest opportunity in your life standing in front of you. I told you that I can ruin your career with one call. But you also know that I can help you. Of course, you can go your way out and chose to become like every other student there. You'll get the grades, you'll graduate, but three years later. You'll lose three years. Three fucking years, Amelia." What he offered was great, but it came with sacrifices. His name will be permanently attached to mine. Not that that is much of a bad thing but with that will come favours.

"And you're telling me that you'll want nothing in return?" His eyes were bloodshot. He wasn't happy or even fine to hear me ask that. He was mad. "You're telling me that you won't need anything from me? Like, I don't know, sex?" He chuckled, looking away from me.

"You think that I only need you for sex? I can have any fucking woman I need with one call. One call, princess. But no, my entire life my body hasn't responded to anyone like it does to you."

"It sounds like you need me for that."

"Tell me what would've happened if I hadn't become your professor?" He threw that question to me like a rock. By answering this, it will make it seem like I like him and want to get to know him. And I still do, but that's the damn problem. "Amelia?"

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing." He looked shocked. Hurt maybe. "Maybe you're too old to get it, but I was drunk. I didn't think clearly. Sure you're hot and you've got the skills, but I don't like you," I lied through my teeth.

"And were you drunk yesterday when you did that little show on my lap?" Shit, I forgot about that. "You think that lying will get you anywhere?" He spat out. "You should be lucky I'm offering this to you."

"I can do just fine without your help."

"Just fine? That's all you seek in life? Fine?" I was getting angrier with every minute that passed. "Amelia, this is-"

"Wrong. Very wrong. We can't be together, we can't work together and I'd be glad if you let me leave your class." His grip on my throat tightened.

"You are one lying piece of pussy, Amelia." That hurt more than I thought. Piece of pussy? Who is he to call me that?

"And you are an arrogant, self-centred, bossy, careless-" his lips crashed on mine, taking me by surprise. He kissed me with every intention of taking his anger out.

He bit my bottom lip as his hand grabbed a fistfull of my hair, pulling me close to him. He pulled away for a second to look at me. "Impulsive, rude-" his lips touched mine again as if he ate out the words I'd just said. "Moody moron." He couldn't help but smile before he kissed me once more.

"Really?" He asked, picking me up by the backs of my thighs as he sat me down on his desk. "I'm a moron?"

"You forgot multiple adjectives that describe you, but yes." He nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck. I didn't touch him, I tried to ignore it. I tried to hate him and hate what he did to me. I couldn't no matter how much I tried to withstand it.

"You know, I never thought that the girl who begged me to fuck her, would pout so much over something she could benefit from," he said, moving his lips to the other side of my neck. "I mean, think about it, at the club, you were like a devil sent from the underground for me. Like something I feared to meet. I thought that you'd be brave enough to jump." He looked up at me. Damn him and his pretty eyes. "You may not believe it, but I come from the same damn place, princess. From the same devil you did."

"You-"

"Hell is a place that bad people come from. You, my dear, took a few demons with you. Your figure, your looks, that brain, that freak. All from down there." He placed a kiss on my jaw. "I'm not a good person. I can assure you that. Just because I act like I do around you, doesn't mean that I don't remember the past me that lives deep down inside me. The me that's impulsive, moody, rude and bossy." I stared at him, trying to understand what he was saying. "I'm no saint, Amelia. And neither are you."

"Aren't we all?" He leaned in closer to me, his lips practically touching mine.

"Not the type of guilty I'm talking about, princess. If you knew half the shit I've done in my life, you'd run. Fast out of here." He kissed me softly, letting me enjoy his soft lips. "But why do I feel like you'd like that? That you'd like me to chase you. To run after you?" He questioned after pulling his lips off me. "Would you?" He asked quietly. Would I? The chase, the attention. Would I really want that?

"Nathanial-"

"Nate."

"Natha-"

"Nate." He pressed his lips to mine. "Call me Nate."

"Nate, I should go."

"Fine. Please consider the offer. I mean it, Amelia." I nodded before hopping off the desk. His hard chest was basically right in my face.

"Where are my clothes?" He stepped away from me and walked out of the office towards the bedroom. I followed.

Was I really going to consider his offer? Maybe. It's not like it would hurt, right? He stepped inside his closet while I waited in his room. Something inside of me didn't let me feel at ease.

If you knew half the shit I've done in my life, you'd run.

"Here." He handed me my clothes from yesterday. I grabbed it from him and walked into the bathroom. As I locked the door, I felt as if I could breathe for the first time today.

The moment I put on my bra and put the hoody on, the realization hit me. I only have a damn skirt. A damn skirt and not to mention, my panties were gone.

"Shit," I cursed under my breath and moved to the door. "Nate!"

"Yeah?"

"Do you... amm... know where my bottoms are?" I've never been more embarrassed in my entire life. I asked my professor if he knew where my panties were. What the actual fuck was my life? A short laugh erupted behind the door.

"No, princess. I don't know." Asshole. "What do you reckon I should do to help you out? Maybe going home to your brother isn't the best idea wearing that skirt." Damn drunk me.

"Luke is at work. The house should be empty."

"I'll drive you there. Put the skirt on and go." I didn't wait around. Luke might be back anytime. I had no time to waste. I left the bathroom, finding Nate laying on the bed with his hand on his head. As he heard the door close, he sat up, eyeing me out. "Ready?" I nodded.

————

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

22.8M 591K 72
C O M P L E T E D : 24/02/22 Sienna Callum was popular - scratch that - she was the queen of high school. She had tons of gorgeous friends wishing to...
5M 102K 50
"Aiden..." I shake my head, eyes fixed anywhere but the gorgeous man next to me. His hand grips my chin tightly, just enough to make me avert my eye...
83.9K 1.3K 46
Savannah falls in love with her next door neighbour, her housemate and her brothers friend. Their relationship is a secret. How will she react when s...
36.7K 2.5K 42
[Complete] A professor x student, feel-good, romantic comedy. *** Lexi was used to working behind the scenes at her family's small private investi...