Escapade

By vrin_rin

Two rivals, two purposes, one deal and one big turn of event. When two rivals set aside their differences to... More

2 - The Longstanding Rivalry
3 - The Hangover Talk
4 - Game On
5 - String of Incidents and Impending Wedding Event
6 - The Wedding : First Family Meeting
7 - The Wedding : Advice From The Ocean
8 - The Wedding : The Past and The Present
9 - The Wedding : The Forthcoming Showdown
10 - The Wedding : Sunrise On The D-Day
11 - Wedding Day : When The Sun and The Ocean Met
12 - Operation Mending Heart
13 - The Ripples Begin
14 - (dis)trust
15 - Escapade
16 - Abducted
17 - Epiphany
18 - My Past, Present and Future
19 - Special Chapter : Escapade to Forever

1 - Complicated Situations

2.4K 95 9
By vrin_rin

"I have meetings with several developers next Monday, I can't mae", War was rummaging through his documents to find all of the drawings that he needed while having his mom on the phone.

[Just an hour is enough, we'll adjust to your schedule. Just this once nong]

"I'll send my measurement, mae and phi Ming can pick whatever for me", War said as he put the last layout drawing for the project that he was working on in the file holder.

[Just this once nong, please come. Only for 30 minutes then, spare 30 minutes for this]

War sighed, knowing he lost this one. His sister is getting married at the end of the month and War's mom has been pestering him and making him involved in every 'family related' gathering for the wedding. War had managed to dodge every single one of them but apparently this fitting would be impossible to proceed without War attending.

"I'll see what I can do, mae", War said through the phone. His mom promised to send the detail later before hanging up. War could feel his upcoming headache on the day of fitting but guess he couldn't escape this one.

Don't get him wrong, he was happy that his sister finally found the one she want to marry. As a little brother who always look up to her, he genuinely feels grateful that she met someone who can take care of her. It's just hard for War to be with his family. In fact, he has been avoiding any family gathering for almost 2 years now. He did visit his parents regularly though, but even those visit were quite hard to do for him. The reason is pretty much common. War is 27 now, he's been working as an established independent architect for 3 years. He lives in a good apartment complex, has a stable job and good income. You can guess what kind of problem War has with his family.

"Oh War is here!", his mom greeted him first.

As promised, War made time in between his busy schedule to come to the fitting schedule on Monday. As his mother dragged him into the shop, he could see his sister and her fiance, his little brother and his father present. There were also people from the family of the groom, so it was quite crowded. While trying to maintain an even expression, War greeted them with a wai and joined his family.

"Nong War, here your suit, go change!", his sister immediately gave him a set of grey suit and pushed him to the direction of the changing room.

"Aww, but mae wanted to chat a bit", his mom said.

"Later mae, War said it himself didn't he that he only had a little time, let him try on his suits first", his sister said and winked at War, "Take your time nong"

War gratefully smiled at her and went into the cubicle. Of all of his family members, his sister always understand and supports him, just like what happened. He put his first set of suit on the hanger and stared at his own reflection. Guess he could use this time to actually get the suit that benefit his preference.

"Ohhh that one actually compliments your figure the best", his sister finally said after War already went through two more sets of suits.

The one that War was wearing is a pair of plain black suit with black shirt underneath. He tried grey ones and dark blue before but alas, black is always his color. Plus, this one won't stand out that much.

"Okay, so this is gonna be the suit that you wear during the ceremony. After that you're free to change into other suit or stay in this suit if you prefer for the reception", his sister said. War just nodded already thinking he'd just take off the jacket for reception.

War glanced at his watch, he still had 10 minutes before he had to get going so he decided to sit on the sofa with his dad while watching his mom fussing about his little brother.

"So, how's work?", his dad opened the conversation.

"Good, two big projects currently undergoing and got myself drowned in work but it's been good"

Silence.

"How's the dairy shop?", War asked this time.

"Hmmm, great actually. The new product that you suggested last year took off right away on the first release day. I also got busier", his dad said.

"That's good, don't push yourself too hard dad"

Silence again. War coughed into his hand to release some of the tension. Things weren't usually like this with his dad. Well, until the past few years after War came out to his family. He was only 22, just barely starting his first job as a Junior Architect in an Architecture Consultant Office, but his parents already playing cupid and setting him up with multiple girls. Getting tired of that, War finally mustered the courage to tell his parents that no, he doesn't want love yet and he can't date girls.

Of course his parents opposed him, though his sister and little brother still support him, their family relationship still plummeted at the lowest for at least a year before his mom finally tried to contact him again. It took them another year to be on a talking term again but the trust that was lost was never regained back.

"War, how are you son?", his mom sat beside him after his little brother done with his suit.

"Good mae"

"That's great to hear. Ah, did you find the time to talk to Khun Mike? The one that mae told you about the other day?"

Also, the matchmaking effort never stopped. Now, his mom would try and set them up with different man and War would make excuses to reject every single one of them. He's not looking for love right now and frankly he doesn't have time for it as well but his mom is persistent. Though now, it's mostly his mom who does the matchmaking while his dad silently watch from the side. War got the feeling he still has a hard time accepting War.

"Mae, I don't have time for that, I barely managed to be here today", War said.

"But War, won't you be lonely without a partner?"

War understood that his mom meant good but it put War in a difficult and uncomfortable situation and no matter how many times War tried to make her understand she still wouldn't listen. On top of the tension that present after War came out to his family and this persistent matchmaking effort is what made War avoiding all family function.

"Mae, give him a break. He did say that he's drowned in projects right now", his sister said. War silently thanked her, that was the second time she had saved War that day.

"But, Ming.."

"Mae, rest assured, someone as attractive as my little brother here would definitely find someone", War's sister pinched Wars cheek while saying that.

War checked his time again while rubbing his sore cheeks and stood up.

"I have to head up to my next meeting, so see you na", War said.

"Yep, thank you for coming after all, War", his mom hugged him followed by his sister.

"I'll send you your plane tickets and itinerary next week", his sister said and War nodded.

Before he got up and leave, he didn't forget to wai to his father and the man nodded. Well, that's as good as War could get. He just wished someday his father would warm his heart for him again.

-............-

"Please put the paperwork on my desk by 12, this afternoon", Yin handed the file folder back to his assistant.

"Oh also sir, uhm", his assistant started but hesitated. Yin already got what he's trying to say.

"Again?", Yin looked at him and when he nodded he groaned.

"I've already told her that your schedule is packed and she couldn't meet you unannounced, but she insisted to wait in the lobby"

"Gosh, I just want a peaceful day at work is that too much to ask?"

"Should I ask the security to chase her away?"

"No, just ignore her. The more I show rejection, the more persistent she gets. Let's walk to my car from the back door for our afternoon schedule", Yin said as they arrived in front of the meeting room.

"Also, Ver", Yin called out his assistant before he walked away, "I told you to stop calling me sir when we're at the office didn't I?"

Bver, Yin's assistant only smiled at him. "Sorry, it's my default. Good luck man"

Yin and Bver were college friends. Yin was in Computer Engineering while Bver was in Business Management. The two met in a club activity and had been close friends since. So, when Yin got handed his dying family business, he automatically went to Bver for help. Yin worked hard to rebuild his family business with him and now, almost 4 years, more than 100 employees later and a bright future ahead, his efforts is paying off. Yin trusted and felt really grateful for Bver for he had helped Yin from the bottom. Yin had asked Bver to Co-lead the company but he refused. Bver wants Yin to lead his family business as a sole leader, he's content staying as his assistant.

Well, Yin does compensate Bver's work way higher than usual assistant salary and he insisted of doing so, that's the least he could do.

The meeting went smoothly and Yin once again able to hit another big project that would further strengthen his company's existence. Feeling accomplished and satisfied with the result Yin then joined Bver before both of them walked together to Yin's car so they could go to their next schedule. It was just a casual lunch to talk about the next project with business partner so Yin took off his jacket suit and went to the parking lot with a light feeling. He was talking about the project with Bver when the latter suddenly stopped in his track.

"Yin, you really should change your car, I'm afraid", Bver said, sounding sorry for Yin.

"What?... You gotta be kidding me", Yin finally turned to his car and saw his white sedan had been vandalized with what looked like a spray paint. Again.

B'ver patted Yin on his shoulder, "Let's call taxi for now"

Yin ran a hand through his hair and exhaled. Bver turned to him after he took a picture of Yin's vandalized car.

"You're dealing with one crazy ex here, Yin"

-..............-

"How many times was it? four? five?"

Yin sighed, once again having to go to Prom's car shop to wash off the paint that was spray painted on his car by none other than his ex - girlfriend. It's the fifth time she's done this and Yin was so done.

"Shut up Prom just do your job"

"At this point, you really should consider changing your car to black, wait no, that won't stop her. Just stop driving a car until things settle down", Prom said.

Yin had thought about it and this repeating incident truly made up his mind, "You're right, I guess I'm gonna commute with public transportation for a while"

Prom, another one of Yin's best friend from college who own the car shop pat his best friend's shoulder in sympathy because what Yin is dealing now is very troublesome.

Yin had a girlfriend of almost two year, but earlier this year he found out that she was seeing other men behind his back. Yin was never the long-winded type and he hates any form of dishonesty, so when he caught her red handed, he ended their relationship right then and there. That was three months ago, in that span of time the girl has been bothering Yin non stop.

She visited Yin in his office, tried to blackmail him and recently she had vandalized his car multiple times, all because she wanted him back. Well, Yin don't want anything to do with her anymore and dealing with her is getting annoying. Yin had thought to hire someone to be his fake girlfriend to chase her away but by looking at the situation, he's afraid he might put some random girl in danger.

"I don't know why you still don't want to report this, you're being harassed here ai Yin, you could easily press charge, things has gone this far after all", Prom said, sitting beside Yin.

Yin shook his head, "It's not as if my life is in danger right now, I just need some time to let it die down"

"And if it's not? If she's getting desperate and trying extreme method?", Prom pressed further.

Yin was silent and it made Prom sighed. He knew Yin was too soft to handle this kind of thing. He was too nice, even to people who had hurt him, it's been his trait for as long as Prom remember. He knew Yin doesn't have the heart to drag his crazy ex to court. Yin genuinely loved her after all during the time they were dating.

"You're too nice to people that it worries me sometimes", Prom said in annoyance.

"I'm not being nice to her"

"Then why haven't you reported her to the authority? Bver has been collecting evidence hasn't he? including that one time she tried to blackmail you. What's holding you back?"

Yin sighed again, he sure couldn't answer his friend's question because he did feel like it was not necessary to report her. Guess, he is being to nice.

"What about getting a fake lovers?", Prom suggested.

"I've thought about that, that's terrible idea Prom. I could've put some girl in danger", Yin said.

"What about a boyfriend then? Get a fake boyfriend who's buffy and tall", Prom suggested again while wiggling his eyebrows.

Yin kinda regretting coming out to his best friends as bi when they were still in college sometimes, because Prom would use it to tease him like this from time to time.

"I told you I don't want to put random people's life in danger", Yin said, "Who knew what she can do"

"You understand how troublesome your situation like this, then why don't you report to the police, you dumbass", Prom hit the back of Yin's head.

Yin groaned while rubbing the back of his head, "Fine fine, ugh you hit me for real"

"Because you're being a huge idiot"

"I'm gonna hold my forth just a little longer if she doesn't stop then, I guess, I'll have to take it to the police"

-...................-

JANJANJAAAAAAAANNN

New fic has arrived. 🎉🎉🎉🎉

Got this plot when Laneige posted the pic on Twitter and asked mixyoors to make movie posters out of it. This was my entry and I felt like it was a waste to be left as a prompt, so I decided to use it.

Hopefully you guys who decided to pick up and read this story will enjoy it.

-Rin-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.3K 3.8K 52
•𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗱• |𝗬𝗶𝗻𝗪𝗮𝗿'𝘀 𝗦𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 YinWar. They are a famous imaginary couple in Thailand and also worldwide. Their first ever drama E...
3.7K 279 10
Normally, if a police officer meets a gang member, they will be wary and won't make them friends, let alone lovers. But, come to think of it, Yin is...
546K 19.9K 38
BoyxBoy The quarterback and the cheerleader. Sound's like the perfect couple, doesn't it? So what happens when the heartthrob quarterback and the p...
28.7K 477 29
It was the most fucked up idea. Offering up his self dignity to give pleasure to his one enemy, Kai, just because he was afraid he'd have his ass ki...