Until Forever (ROYAL RIDERS S...

由 NightTime_Storiexs

Vince Hunter. The rich, famous, and world-known hockey player and my asshole of a boss. People see his charm... 更多

Characters
1| Boss
2| Game
3| Her
4| Pitstop
5| Win
6| Drink
7| Mistake
8| Luck
9| Sorry
10| Fail
11| Struggling
12| Begging
13| Stalker
14| Crazy
15| Home
16| Signed
17| Family
18| Show
19| Surprise
20| Cheerleader
21| Interview
22| Confirm
23| Scandal
24| Mine
25| Kiss
26| Hurts
27| Care
28| Romance
29| Practice
30| Public
31| Tickets
32| Real
33| Love
34| Changed
35| Gym
36| Thanksgiving
38| Brownies
39| Warning
40| Surprise
41| Yes
42| Epilogue
NEXT BOOK

37| December

105K 3.1K 1.2K
由 NightTime_Storiexs

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

December

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 37: December (Demi's POV)

It's finally here. The month of December. Christmas time, Christmas decorations time, stockings, gifts, setting up a tree. I adore Christmas. Always have, always will, ever since I was a kid. 

Christmas is huge within my family, bigger than Thanksgiving for sure. Back home, for Thanksgiving dinner, it was always just me and my parents, but for Christmas, we'd call the whole family in. Aunts and uncles flying in, cousins coming to visit, the whole thing. We still haven't decided if I'll stay around for his last game for the season and fly my parents in or if I'll be leaving, I need to bring that up soon. 

I also need to buy him a gift. I've been thinking of what to get him and I can't settle on anything. I mean, there's nothing the man doesn't already have, so I want it to be something meaningful. I was talking about it with Vanessa and she said I should buy him something that he could always remember me by. Jewelry was the first thing that came to mind, even though he doesn't wear it often. 

Vince prefers minimalistic and permanent jewelry. If he puts it on, it's never coming off. So, if I decide to buy him jewelry, it'll be something simple, for sure. We're setting up the tree today on December first and I couldn't be more excited about it. Vince knows it too since I've been chanting it all day. 

"I'm so excited!" I squealed one more time. It was pretty chilly out today, so I had on an emerald green velvet tracksuit and Vince was wearing a simple black hoodie with joggers while he carried in the bag of Christmas decorations that we just bought. 

"I can tell," he mused, walking over and kissing the side of my head before we walked to the couch. 

We took all the decorations out and then split up duties. "You can do the upstairs," I said, "I'll do the living room and kitchen. But there are spots I can't reach, so you have to help me." I grinned sheepishly. 

"Sure," he smiled, nodding. He grabbed a single mistletoe. "I'll hang these up everywhere." 

"Why?" I laughed softly, grabbing some battery-operated lights to hang around the room. 

"So I have an excuse to kiss you everywhere in the house," he smirked, pecking my lips and then rushing upstairs with his bag of decorations. 

I smiled to myself and started decorating. 

We spent the entire freaking day decorating. It was around six in the evening when I thought about going to buy his gift. He's busy right now, so he probably won't think anything of it. I was done with decorating the kitchen and living room, I had to call Vince to reach some corners near the ceiling and hang up a mistletoe. We still had the tree to decorate but we'd do that later today. I stood up, ran upstairs, and found him hanging the third mistletoe in the hallway. I laughed, walking up to him. 

"Hello," he mumbled, his arms up as he stood on his toes, taping it up neatly so the tape wasn't visible. I stood in front of him, putting my arms around his waist. He pulled his arms down and kissed me. 

I smiled against his lips before he pulled away. "Listen, I'm heading out," I said, slipping my hands under his hoodie, more than happy to find nothing under it. 

He chuckled, grabbing my hands over the hoodie while I felt him up. "Where are you going?" 

"To run an errand. I need to buy some womens' items," I shrugged, leaning up and puckering my lips. 

He leaned down, kissed me again, and reached into his pocket, taking out the car keys. "Take my car." 

"Thank you," I sang, kissing his cheek multiple times. "I'll be right back." I went into the room and grabbed my purse and came back out. "Bye." 

He pecked my lips quickly. "Bye." 

I left, getting in the car and driving off. I knew where the high-end brands' stores were and I drove myself, stopping first at Tiffany and Co. I headed inside, I got a good look around, asked for some assistance but nothing here made me feel like it could be Vince's. So, I thanked the employee and left, walking across the street and entering Cartier. 

"Hi, how can I help you?" the head salesgirl asked. 

"I'm looking for something for my boyfriend, but I'm not too sure what to get. Could you help me out?" 

"Of course, any ideas on what kind of jewelry you'd like? A ring, a bracelet, or a necklace?" 

A necklace sounds most permanent. "A necklace. Something permanent." 

She walked me over to the showcase and showed me some samples. A medallion, a simple chain, but none of it seemed like Vince. I spotted a bracelet in the showcase. It was a simple gold chain and had a small bar going across it with Cartier engraved into it. 

I pointed to it. "Could you make that as a necklace with custom text engraved into it?" 

"Yes, of course." 

I nodded, "I'll take that then. On a gold chain. I don't want something too noticeable, just keep it simple." 

She nodded and then told me to follow her to a table. "You can finalize the font and text with me right now. It'll take about forty-five minutes to create the bar and add engraved text to it. Could you come back then?" 

"Yeah," I nodded with a smile. I had his name engraved into it. Just 'Vince'. 

"This is for your boyfriend, you said?"

I nodded. 

"Can I make a suggestion?" 

"Sure." 

"Why don't you get your initials engraved on the back of the bar?" 

I thought for a minute. Wouldn't he find that too obsessive of me? 

"That way, it'll be something that always reminds him of you. It seems like you really love whoever this is, it's a simple but quite an expensive piece you're buying since it's custom. If you think he'd like it, maybe you can add your initials." 

I nodded slowly and just hoped he wouldn't mind. "Sure, I'll do that. My initials are D.T.V." 

"You want the initial of your middle name as well?" She frowned in confusion. 

I nodded again, chuckling softly. "The middle name is the most important." 

"All right. I'll send this for making and it'll be back in forty-five minutes. You can do the final billing once you've seen it and you're happy with it." 

"Thank you." 

"See you soon." I drove around for forty-five minutes and bought myself a coffee and muffin on the way. I was waiting in the car when my phone rang. It was Vince. I answered, "Hello?" 

"Where are you? You've been gone for nearly an hour," he said, "I'm getting worried, babe." 

I smiled to myself. "Don't worry, I'm just getting carried away," I laughed, "I'm buying some makeup. I'll be back soon, I'm just wrapping up." 

He hesitated and then slowly said, "Okay... Hurry back and drive safe." 

"I will. See you. I love you, bye." 

"I love you too, bye." 

I hung up and glanced at the time, going back to the store. 

"It's done," she smiled, showing it to me in a small, blue velvet box. 

I bit my bottom lip to keep my smile hidden and ran a finger over it. "It's perfect, thank you so much." I paid, my account taking quite a big hit, but it was so worth it. Anything for him. Plus, he's taking care of all my expenses, the least I could do is buy him a nice gift. 

On my drive back, I was thinking about whether I'll stay behind or go back to my parents. If I choose to leave early, I should give him the gift before I go. Otherwise, I can wait until Christmas. 

I stopped by a grocery store near the apartment building and bought some pads and tampons along with a few lip glosses to make it seem like I wasn't lying, and then I headed upstairs, hiding the Cartier bag in the grocery bag. I made it upstairs and walked back to find him getting ready to decorate the tree. "Hi," I sang, leaving my bag on the counter so I wouldn't seem suspicious. 

"You took so long," he frowned while I walked over to where he sat on the couch. 

"Sorry," I said sweetly, sitting in his lap and putting my arms around him, kissing him. 

He kept his hands on my hips and kissed me back, giving my lips a few pecks before pulling away. "You're so cheery, Christmas really does this to you every year?" 

I nodded, humming softly. "Christmas among other things." 

"What other things?" he smirked. 

"You." 

He chuckled softly, kissing my cheek. "Should we decorate the tree?" 

"Yes," I said eagerly and shot up. He watched me in adoration and the look made my heart pound and then stood up and joined me. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked, starting the decoration of the tree, hanging the first ornament. 

"Because I'm in love with you." 

I smiled, "I'm in love with you too, Vince." 

His dimple poked through his grin while he helped me decorate. It took us an hour and a half to perfect the entire tree. We both took a step back at the end, staring at it. I squealed softly, bouncing on my heels before clapping softly. "You know, this is the first time I've had a tree in this penthouse." 

I stared at him, "Really?" 

He nodded. "I haven't decorated for Christmas since I moved here. I used to help the housekeeper back at my dad's house but that was all. I just stopped caring afterward. I didn't love Christmas enough and I didn't live with someone who did either. But now I do," he sighed, turning to me and holding both my cheeks. "Now I have you."

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 37

The picture is of a bracelet actually, but it's just for reference like the style I'm talking about, yk and what a pretty freaking tree

next chapter: warning

don't freak out

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

8.9K 196 17
Skyla Wren Anderson is an Australian brunette with green eyes, dimples and freckles. She's short but feisty. Loves to read and now works with a new...
1.5M 37.6K 41
FREE STORY. PAID BONUS CHAPTERS. ❝What started with a revenge sex, becomes something even more addictive than meth.❞ One buried childhood memory, One...
120K 1.8K 26
It's Valerie's first year of Uni. She didn't even think she'd make it this far considering everything that has happened to her over the years. Luckil...
2.8M 84.9K 40
*Being Published in 2022* ❝You can't deny that you're attracted to me, Nyx. Instead of fighting it, let's see what happens,❞ he grumbled, hands roami...