𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐀𝐋 ~πƒπˆπ‚πŠ 𝐆𝐑𝐀...

By ziggs_mxyfield

'𝐁𝐨𝐲 π–π¨π§ππžπ« 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐑𝐞π₯𝐩 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚π₯π₯ 𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬?' π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› Dick Gr... More

𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐀𝐋
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 πŽππ„
πŽππ„
𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
π…πŽπ”π‘
π…πˆπ•π„
π’πˆπ—
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
π„πˆπ†π‡π“
ππˆππ„
𝐓𝐄𝐍
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄
π“π‡πˆπ‘π“π„π„π
π…πŽπ”π‘π“π„π„π
π…πˆπ…π“π„π„π
π’πˆπ—π“π„π„π
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 π“π–πŽ
π„πˆπ†π‡π“π„π„π
ππˆππ„π“π„π„π
π“π–π„ππ“π˜
π“π–π„ππ“π˜-πŽππ„
π“π–π„ππ“π˜-π“π–πŽ

π“π–πŽ

3.8K 99 6
By ziggs_mxyfield

 𝐋𝐀-𝐋𝐀-𝐋𝐀𝐋𝐀- 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘'𝐒 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃

        DICK GRAYSON was the mastermind behind the superhero that laid inside Phoebe, Shadow. Phoebe grew up in Gotham and didn't have a great home life. So, when thirteen year old Phoebe ran into sixteen year old Dick Grayson and Wally West, it was a lifesaver. 

        Dick taught Phoebe everything he knew. All of his tactic's skills, and learned how to use his weapons. So, when Dick asked Phoebe if she would like to join the Titans with Wally and a few other friends, she just couldn't say no. 

         There was one certain mission where Phoebe and Wally grew close. New Years Eve, 2009. Phoebe was around seventeen while Wally had just turned twenty. As dumb as it sounds, Phoebe and Wally were driving home from a mission late at night, when Wally's car broke down. There was no service anywhere, and it was the middle of the woods. Wally was low on fuel and there was no food in the car. The two stayed up and talked for hours, having the dumbest conversations to mankind. Around two-am, Hank and Dawn finally found the two, peacefully sleeping while bundled up to keep warm. 

        But, that was nine years ago. Phoebe now sat at a tiny table in a diner with an emo teenage girl who supposedly has superpowers and a sleep-deprived Dick Grayson. After learning more about Rachel and the entire situation that was going on, Dick finally spoke up again. 

        "We're gonna go see some old friends of Phoebe and me. They should be safe." Dick glanced at Phoebe, wondering if she knew who he was talking about. He then turned back to Rachel, who was sipping on her coffee. "They'll give us a place to lie low for a second, get our heads together. Figure out what to do next." 

        Rachel hung her head low, not saying a word. Phoebe and Dick exchanged looks, neither one of them knowing what to say. "Rachel, I really get that you're scared." Rachel picked her head off of the table and looked at Phoebe as she talked. "But, sometimes there's no time to be scared. You have Dick and I here to protect you now. I promise." 

        Rachel took another sip of her coffee before replying. "Where else would I go anyway?" 

☺︎︎ ☺︎︎ ☺︎︎

        Later that night, Phoebe and Dick went to pick up a pizza to bring back to the motel they were staying at for Rachel. Dick had suggested Chinese food, but Phoebe thought that Rachel would appreciate pizza more. After all, all teenagers loved pizza. 

        Standing in the pizza parlor waiting for the pizza to cook, Phoebe and Dick slowly tried to catch up. "So," Phoebe started, leaning against a table. Her hands were shoved inside her pockets, as she was currently freezing. "How's everything? You meet anyone yet?" 

        The question put a small smile on Dick's face. "Went on a few dates here and there. I was mainly trying to focus on work." 

        "Ah, yes." Phoebe sarcastically replied. "Detective Dick Grayson. Has a nice ring to it." 

         "So, what about you, Pheebs?" Dick brought the conversation onto her. "Seeing anyone lately?" 

        "Actually," Phoebe started, fiddling with her thumbs inside of her jacket pockets. "I had a date yesterday, but the woman stood me up. You actually called me right after I left The Cheesecake Factory." 

        "That's sucks," Dick sympathized. The room went silent as Phoebe and Dick didn't know what to say to each other. Phoebe's cheeks flushed red from embarrassment, but the more she tried to hide it, it looked worse. 

        Thankfully, the woman who was working the cashier placed their pizza on the ledge, punching the order into the cash register. "That will be twelve dollars and seventy-five cents." 

        Dick paid for the pizza since he had the money on him. He grabbed the pizza, and Phoebe turned to him at the last second. "I'm going to use the restroom real quick. I'll meet you in the car." 

         Nodding his head, Dick turned towards the door while Phoebe headed to the bathroom. She threw the door open, leaning over the sink and turning the water on. Quickly, Phoebe splashed cool water on her face, trying to calm herself down. She didn't know what was getting into her at the moment. "Just breathe," She whispered to herself, still leaning over the sink. The running water drowned everything out around her, allowing her to think. 

        Looking up at the mirror, she saw Wally standing behind her. Quickly, Phoebe turned her head to see Wally smirking at her. "So your date yesterday stands you up and now you're a blushing mess in front of Dick. Jesus Pheebs, losing your touch?" 

         "Piss off," Phoebe seethed, turning back around to turn off the faucet. Walking out the door, she could feel Wally's presence follow her. "I mean, seriously. What's getting into you, man?" Wally questioned, as they walked out the front door. 

        Phoebe turned to Wally, the shadow that she was only just imagining. "You died, that's what fucking happened!" 

        Without another word, Phoebe turned around and headed to Dick's car. Wally had disappeared once again, leaving Phoebe to swallow in her grief. Phoebe opened the passenger door, sliding in. Closing the door, she stayed silent. 

        Dick didn't know what to do in the moment. He could tell that Phoebe was sad, but he had no idea what had just happened outside. It looked like Phoebe was practically yelling at thin air. "You okay?" Dick asked, turning to face Phoebe. 

          It took Phoebe a moment to reply. "I have these hallucinations of Wally. They feel so real, even though I'm only imagining it. Those hallucinations have actually kept me company for the past five years since I've cut everyone out. It's like Wall'y been haunting me for the past five years. Maybe she was angry I couldn't save her." 

          "Listen." Dick placed a hand on top of Phoebe's, making her look him straight in the eye. "You're not the only one who misses Wally. Wally had been my best friend for years. She was a great person. What happened to Wally wasn't your fault. It was the dipshit who shot her." 

        Phoebe snapped out of her thoughts, realizing what she had been saying. She pulled her hand back away from Dick's, looking through the windshield. "Let's just get back to the motel to make sure Rachel's okay." 

        Pulling out of the parking lot, Dick's phone started to ring. "It's work," He stated, pressing the answer button on his car screen. He put his finger up to his lips, telling Phoebe to stay quiet. "Grayson," He spoke, stepping on the pedal a little harder. Phoebe sat back in her chair, exhausted. 

        A woman's voice started to speak. "Try answering your phone once in a decade. Where the hell are you?

        "Working a case," Dick answered, glancing over at Phoebe. 

         "Remember that girl who threw the brick at the cop car? She's in the wind. A uniform checked her out last night. Then, we find him dead in some abandoned building.

         "The uniform, who was he?" 

        "Not ours. ID, badge, all fake." 

        "Could you forward me everything you've got so far?" Dick sighed, stepping on the gas pedal a little more. The car sped down the highway, Dick trying to get to the motel as fast as he can. Phoebe grabbed onto her seat, trying to stay secure. 

         "Yep, I'll do it now.

        "Great, thanks. I'll talk to you later." 

        "Bye." 

        Dick hung up the phone just in time, as they pulled into the motel. Both adults got out, Phoebe grabbing the pizza from the back seat. Closing the door, Dick and Phoebe walked to their motel room in silence. Finally reaching the room, Dick opened the door with his key, both walking inside. 

        Phoebe placed the pizza on a coffee table as Dick closed the door behind them. "Rachel," Dick called out for the young girl. Phoebe could hear the young girl whispering to herself. Getting worried, she walked into the next room. Dick noticed the printed files and his open computer, so he quickly followed behind Phoebe. 

        Phoebe could hear Rachel praying from the bathroom. "Protect us from all evil-" 

        Phoebe flicked on the light, Rachel sitting in the bathtub, curled up in a ball. Salty tears ran down her cheeks, as she looked deeply scared. "Rachel? What's going on?" She questioned, kneeling down to her. 

        "NO!" Rachel screamed at Phoebe, making her stumble back. "Don't touch me, I don't want her getting out! No!" 

        Phoebe got back up, pulling Rachel into a hug. "It's okay, I'm here. You're safe with me." 

        Dick keeled down to face Rachel, as she was still trapped in Phoebe's hug. "Nothing bad will happen to you, don't worry." Rachel sobbed in Phoebe's arms, as the two noticed all of the crosses Rachel had drawn on scraps of paper. 

        "Everything will be okay. I promise." Phoebe whispered into Rachel's ear, trying to calm the young girl down. 

        Phoebe could feel Rachel's pain. She had just lost her mother, and to Rachel, it seemed like she was just losing her mind. 

☺︎︎ ☺︎︎ ☺︎︎

        The next morning, Phoebe, Rachel and Dick headed off for Hank and Dawn's place. Rachel sat in the front seat with Dick while Phoebe sat in the middle seat in the back, leaning over the glove compartment between Dick and Rachel.

        "According to those files, the man who came after you may have been part of some doomsday cult. They apparently believe it's their destiny to prevent the end of the world. Does that mean anything to you?" Dick asked Rachel, and Phoebe's eyes just scanned back and fourth between the two of them. 

        It took Rachel a moment to answer. "Well, back when I was a kid, you didn't get too angry, or too scared. 'Cause bad things happen."

        "What kind of bad things?" Phoebe jumped into the conversation, very curious. 

         Rachel didn't answer Phoebe's question. She turned right to Dick again, as she picked  at her black nail polish. "I guess I'm an orphan too, now." Dick slightly chuckled at her comment, a little amused. "That billionaire, Bruce Wayne, he raised you?" Rachel turned back to Dick.

         Dick furrowed his eyebrows, and slightly shook his head. "Yeah." 

        Phoebe always found it funny. As a kid, Whenever she hung out with Dick, he always seemed to complain about Bruce, even considering how rich Bruce was. Phoebe had parents, but they didn't give two shits about her. 

        "Must've been cool." Rachel smiled, thinking of the endless possibilities of what her life would be like if she was raised by a billionaire. 

        "It was," Dick took a moment to finished his sentence, not knowing what to say. "Complicated." 

         Rachel then turned her head to Phoebe, hoping to get an answer out of her also. "What about you? Were you raised by a billionaire too?" 

        Phoebe shook her head and put a small smile on her face. "Nope." Thinking about it more, her smile started to fade. "My parents really never cared about me, so at some point I never made an effort to go home at night. That's actually how I met Dick and-" Phoebe didn't want to finish the end of that sentence. She just couldn't. "Just Dick. I was around thirteen and Dick was walking down the streets of Gotham when I accidentally bumped into him. We then became friends." Phoebe looked at Dick. Her eyes gazed his face, noticing every small feature. "Dick became my family." 

        "Then why did you guys stop talking for a bit?" Rachel asked, leaning back in her seat.

         Not knowing what else to say, Phoebe replied with "Dick and I got into a fight a few years ago and I decided to distance myself from him." 

         Dick sighed at the lie Phoebe told Rachel. He wasn't going to out Phoebe from the truth, but he just wished that maybe he could help Phoebe with everything that's going on. After all, he did think of her as family. 

unedited

AUTHORS NOTE
What kind of pizza do you think Phoebe and Dick ordered? 

Have a beautiful day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 142 19
"Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within, Dick." Book 2 of my series of Dc Titans. Jane GreenXDick G...
25.9K 3.1K 50
"When the New God abandons his future, and the Old God merges the Flyer, the Champion, and the Traveler, the war spawned across dimensions will begin...
141 12 7
There's something inside all of us. A darkness, whether we'll admit it or not. Sometimes, we let it take control. And we like it.