The Other Son

By asmitadutta_

"𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑎𝑛𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑟𝑒𝑚𝑎𝑖𝑛 𝑎𝑡 𝑡𝘩𝑒 𝑡𝑜𝑝 𝑤𝑖𝑡𝘩 𝑚𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑝𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛." "𝐼 𝑑𝑜𝑛'�... More

foreword
trailer + seasons
character sketch.
I. Angel And Devil
II. Rejected One
III. The Fanboy
IV. The Truth
V. Broken Hearts
VI. A Rogue Sacrifice
VII. Brother V/S Brother
VII. Raita & Whiskey
VIII. The Runaway Bride
IX. Always
X. Titans At War
XI. Will
XII. The Prisoner
XIII. Men In Blue
XIV. Confrontation
XV. Happy Days
XVI. Triangle
XVII. Life And Death
XVIII. Anika's Secret
XIX. Truth Bombs
XX. Good News
XXI. A Thousand Years
XXII. Betrayal
XXIII. Oberoi Men and Fasts
XXIV. The Blue Eagle
XXV. The Last String
season 2 : blue lies
XXVI. Report And Email
XXVII. The Two Kings
XXIX. Did He Really?
XXX. The Bullet
XXXI. The Other's Choice
XXXII. Kiddo And His Hero
XXXIII. He Gets To Know
XXXIV. Incomplete Wedding?
XXXV. A Broken Marriage
XXXVI. The Culprit And The Kidnapper
XXXVII. Turn Of Tables
XXXVIII. Endgame
XXXIX. Brother

XXVIII. The Choice

781 73 27
By asmitadutta_

"I don't care if it's the Oberois in Competition. This is business! I need you to get this deal to Valens, that's it!", Svetlana shouted on the phone.
"But Miss Kapoor-"
"No. I have had enough of this nonsense! I..", She suddenly felt a pair of arms wrap around her bare waist, softly, under her saree. She could feel his breath on her shoulder.
"Are you there ma'am?", the employee asked over the phone.

Abhimanyu took the phone from her hand, "Do what she says. You know her temper anyways, don't you?", He said, his left arm still around her waist.
"Yes sir. Have a great day.", Saying so the call ended.

Svetlana turned towards him, his arm still around her.
"You know you scared me..", She lied, looking down.
"Nice lies.", He said smirking.
"Now leave me.. I have work.", She lied.

He suddenly placed his finger on her lips.
"You know I was just driving back and wondering what would we name our daughter..", He said. She looked at him in a bewildered shock.
"What? I mean.. We are going to be a family and all.. which also reminds me, I have asked Suresh to get our wedding cards ready. Although I wouldn't have bothered if this was London.. but-", She placed her finger on his lips.

"We are marrying?", She asked softly.
He held her hand.
"Obviously. You are going to be my legally wedded wife, girl.", He said grinning.
"And.. we are soon going to have our kid. You know stuff we always dreamt of a decade ago.", He said, hugging her softly. 

She drew in a deep breath, hoping this wasn't a beautiful dream.

"Now now.. I thought if we have a daughter, which is what I prefer, we will name her Vera and if it's a boy we'll call him Vladmir.", He said.
She smiled, blinking off the tears.
"Russian names, like yours.", He added,

"That's so sweet.", She said, embracing him back.
"Huh! I always knew I was Svetty. Just that you keep behaving like a bitter gourd."
"Ouchie. That hurt."
"Sorry not sorry.", He replied laughing, kissing her cheek softly.

"You don't love Divyanka anymore?", She asked, as he released her.
"Maybe I never did.", He replied with a smile, holding her face.

Shivaay slowly opened his eyes, breathing heavily.
He coughed, thanks to the dust.

"How are you?", He heard a heavy gruff voice from before him.
"Who the hell?", He asked exhausted with this constant getting kidnapped crap.

Why the heck do I not understand?!
How many times will I get tied up this way?!
Ugh!

He was sitting in his car, heading back to office and suddenly the driver sprayed something at him and zoomed off. And he woke up here, tied to a pole with metal handcuffs.

"The same guy who sent you a mail, baby boy.", The reply came instantly.
Shivaay sighed.
"What do you want from me?", He asked irritably.

"I need you to make a choice.", The man replied simply, wearing a mask.
"What choice?"

There was a screen behind the man that turned on, Shivaay could see Ansh in his bedroom, Anika pulling her cheeks and cuddling him. Shivaay felt his lips curve into an instant smile. He always felt a peace whenever he saw them together.

"That is your son.. Ansh Singh Oberoi..", The masked man said.
"And.."
The screen shifted to a car. The road was headed towards some place, but there was audio.
"I don't even understand what you think at times!", The voice, Shivaay knew well enough. It was Abhimanyu, laughing.
"Men usually don't, Iron Man. Only guy who did was your dad.", The feminine voice replied giggling.

"Svetlana.", Shivaay mumbled, the cold realisation suddenly dawning upon him.

"Ouch. I am damn jealous of my father-", And the video turned off.

His eyes darted at the man, who drew in a deep breath, fishing out a glass vial with some liquid.
"Now, you have two choices.. One, you save your son, Ansh.. And the other, save your big kiddo Abhimanyu's baby.", He said.

Shivaay started struggling under the handcuff's.
"NO! I won't-"

The screen turned on, Anika and Ansh on the screen.
"Do you want to be this very moment the last of them, Shivaay?", The man asked softly.
Shivaay stopped struggling.

"Don't.. don't harm them please..", He dropped down to begging.
"Then your choice is made, is it?", The man asked.

Shivaay rested his back on the pole, his eyes numbed, tears itched his eyes. He sighed.
"What do I have to do?", He asked, emotionally drained.
"This vial has a medicine, the consumption of which will immediately cause abortion. You need to give this to Svetlana. Today.", He replied.

Shivaay sighed.

"Why? Why do you want to snatch the little happiness they are getting? What is your problem?", Shivaay asked on the verge of tears.
"Sadly, there is a revenge I need. And you son, are my only way.", Came the reply.

Shivaay looked at him tiredly.
"Fine."

Shivaay walked into the Oberoi Mansion almost an hour later.

"Anshu baby.. say Abhi..", Abhimanyu was sitting on the sofa with Ansh in his arms. Ansh was busy playing with Abhi's hair.
"Ab..Ab..", He was mumbling.

"He really likes you Abhi bhaiya.. otherwise he keeps throwing his tantrums.", Anika said smiling, caressing  Ansh's hair.
"Obviously Anika.. Abhi Papa is the bestest, right?", Abhi asked giving Ansh a kiss on his chubby cheek.

Svetlana stood right beside him, adoring her now fiancée, imagining what he'd do to his own baby.
She noticed Shivaay, look at Abhi brokenly.
He caught her eye, and forced a smile. She smiled back, almost grateful for his advice.

Shivaay felt a dagger through his heart, the gratitude in her eyes made it painful.
"Go on Shivaay.", The voice on the bluetooth said.

Shivaay drew in a sharp breath as he strode down to the kitchen.

He was anyways supposed to get the dinner ready. 
"Now add the vial's content specifically into something that she would consume. And remember, any smartness will cost you-"
"I know.", Shivaay said coldly.

He took a plate and started making a salad, his mind told him to do something, tell Anika, warn Svetlana, but his heart knew he was under constant surveillance, one wrong move might cost him his Ansh.

He placed a stone on his heart and poured the contents of the vial into it.

Abhi sat back at the dining table when Shivaay walked out of the kitchen.

"Kiddo, that's salad?"
"Yeah.. For Svetlana.", Shivaay said, he looked pale and exhausted.
Abhi noticed it, but assumed it to be the usual work fatigue.

"Thanks really sweet ya.. Look Sve, I told you my kiddo is the sweetest.", Abhi said as Svetlana took a seat beside him, beaming at Shivaay.
Shivaay reluctantly walked down to her and placed the plate before her.
"Thank you so much, Shivaay. This means a lot.", She replied.

Shivaay drew in a sharp breath and forced a smile.

Just then Abhi's phone rang.
"Oh God. Just give me a moment.", Saying so he stood up.

"Shravan ya what-"
"You need to reach Cyber Cell right now.", Shravan said urgently.
"But what happened?"
"I don't have time for explanations. There's some audio that we are reviving as well, just reach here asap!", Saying so the line went blank.

"Damn, my phone's dead.", Abhi said irritably and sighed. 
"What happened?", Svetlana asked.
"No.. I will just be back in a moment.", He said and looked at Shivaay, who had gone paler than ever, "Shiv, just take care of her okay?", Saying so he jogged out.

Shivaay looked at Abhimanyu leave, knowing he was about to hurt Abhi in a way that would probably tear them apart forever

●●●

Precap :

"Dude what-"
"Listen to this audio, Abhi. It is from one of the classic Blue Eagle networks, sometimes when there are rebels in the Organisation, they use it to inform the police.."

Abhimanyu sighed and turned on the audio. The audio was breaking but it was understandable.

"I-I am Yuv-Yuvraj Kapoor- My-my daughter's li-life is in danger- vial- her baby-"

Abhimanyu drew in a sharp breath, increasing the volume.
"Shi-Shivaay-"
Just then Shravan's phone rang.

"What happened?", He asked. 
The reply pulled the carpet below his floor.

●●●

Stay tuned!
Drop in your votes and views!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23K 2.3K 44
Annika Vardhan Trivedi and Shivaay Singh Oberoi find themselves engaged in a marriage of convenience orchestrated by their families at a very tender...
46.9K 3K 16
An #Ishqbaaz Fan fiction. It all started at their SECOND MARRIAGE. He lost his memory and was paralyzed... After an year he'll get fine and will kno...
46.3K 3K 24
Sitting on sofa of ours sorry my husband's, I, Anika Oberoi, the accidental bahu of this Oberoi family, reminiscences every memory, may it be bitter...
42.7K 4K 26
| mainly a shivika fanfiction | Shivaay and Annika have learnt their lessons and are focussing on making their mansion in Goa, their home. But, thei...