Me Myself & Regret

By Sirmeowth

Everything is H̶o̶r̶r̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ Beautiful; All that is here is happy! but just like in real life, horrible thi... More

everyday I grow more
the letter "T"
sonnambula
where the sidewalk ends
the crucified girl
little light
the eyes of older gods
coloring book
the room with clocks
the color red
trinity #1 stations of the cross
trinity #2 hollow smiles
mechanical hands
fleeting time
how I feel
word of the day
nothing is real
lavender's blue
oh world in our final moments
world of lines
good boy
mother's milk
paradise lost
from the desk of the ninth god

trinity #3 rooted

92 5 1
By Sirmeowth

Let me tell you a story.

A long time ago, before you and I existed there was a blind girl; floating around the universe, she was the ruler of everything.

The girl's name was: Hope

It's an origin story you should be familiar with by now.

But what if I told you there was another origin story?

One that less people know about, but one that still exists.

Floating around, In a place that can only exist in our minds

Is that a story you'd be interested in hearing?

...

Great! if I were allowed to have fun-I would jump for joy.

See. Some people seem to believe the story about the Blind girl doesn't make sense or that it doesn't align with their perception of the universe itself.

Some people are just more....Scientific by design.

And so they believe what any science-loving person would believe in, and worship a "god" who is science incarnate.

Because worshipping a god who is science is better and less scary than worshipping no god at all.

This girl was named: ̶D̶a̶i̶s̶y̶ God, and was very different from "The girl who saw nothing"

When faced with loneliness, she simply sat there.

Her entire life (If that's what you can even call it in the case of a god) existed in the confined space of a dark room-much like the one you're in now!

But when given the opportunity or option to do things in her spare time, she elected to stay still instead instead of going places like a cafe or ̶a̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶m̶ w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶c̶k̶s̶ library.

She wasn't very human.

In fact she wasn't human at all.

So as she sat there in a dark room, engulfed by darkness, and eating darkness for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, she planted her roots into the dark floor.

The roots turned into wires.

And all the knowledge stuck inside this shell of a planet was ultimately absorbed by her.

And with those roots, sunken deep into the ground; and twisting around everything that has since emerged from the soil-

She was able to control it all.

Or at least to some extent.

Oftentimes, people would forsake the fact that they had literally grown from this god.

They'd turn their backs on her and decide to believe in something different.

But this god could not feel, so she did not mind.

Strong she stood, like a tree.

A happy tree :)

One by one, day by day, the fruits of his energy; powered by the celestial body that gifted them life, would leave them to rot.

They would leave her to rot as she remained in that dark room, letting the world move around her-spinning so fast that even thinking about it would cause you to burn up and bind your roots to the ground.

Little by little, the control she had; had over all life diminished.

Instead of influencing everyone inherently, he was only able to influence those who would willingly give themselves to him.

But, at that point, it was less the work of a god and more the idea of faith itself allowing anyone who did give themselves up to persevere.

So what was the point of it all?

What was the point of being a ̶G̶o̶d̶ god if there was no use for a god in the first place?

Those who love science have no need for a god, even if that god is science itself,

Mixing religion and logic never works, and the second god knew this since those feelings died along with those who carried them and ultimately fed into the soil.

Slowly, like a dying battery-powered clock, the roots were drying out.

The wires were fraying and not transferring the information or energy needed to sustain the once all-knowing god.

all because people were bored or forgot about her.

Oh, how horrible it must be to drown in loneliness.

To drown in misery if misery could exist to those who do not feel.

A god is a god.

A wire is a wire.

A root is a root.

A clock is a clock.

If you connect those things, you'll wind up with an entity who, by all means, should become mad with power.

And yet this particular god ( who may or may not have existed in the first place) somehow managed to remain calm.

In contradiction to the callous nature of who many deem her predecessor, that blind girl who sees everything-

the second god ( who may or may not actually be the first if she even exists in the first place) was calm.

But she needed to be.

She needed to process information, analyze it and only intervene when necessary.

Because something in this god's code there was a line or two stating that she must maintain order.

"Let the process play out" she'd think with her weird computery brain.

"Only correct errors when errors appear."

"If there are some who seek help, I shall give it only if necessary."

"For as a ̶G̶o̶d̶ god, I must do godly things"

That last part was something all gods say only to completely change their mind when they realize just how many people need help.

So, we wind up here-

Alone. In the same type of dark room a god was born in.

And we think to ourselves-"I wonder what I should do with my day?"

And to that I say.

Why not become a god yourself?

If a blind girl, and a tree-like computer can do it. Certainly you can too.

Right?

Again, this is all just a story though.

It's a thing I heard from a girl with holes in her hands who heard it from a god she claims to worship.

But I guess if we're willing to believe a list of things passed down by "actual" gods for thousand of years, removing the things I've heard from those two people and bringing them back up here holds a little more water.

Who would you rather believe?

One guy who heard something just the other day?

Or one girl who heard something from thousands of years ago and started one long game of telephone where people turned whatever her message was into some mutilated mess?

If neither of those sound good to you-

Why not worship a god who is the earth itself?

A god who is both tree-like and computer-like!

Whose roots are wires! whose fruits are floppy discs!

Or I guess compact discs or MP3's in this day and age.

Either way you're free to believe whatever you would like to believe.

I'm just hear to tell you stories every once in a while.

It's unfortunate though.

I heard somewhere, probably from a person who knows a person who listens to a radio, that there is a third god.

But all I know is this god is overcome with concern.

Concern for what is unclear, but...

Oh well.

I hope I wind up hearing more so I can tell you about it.

I like talking to you.

I've come to think that we are good friends!

Wouldn't you agree?

...

Ah you do not have the ability to speak.

That's okay, but before I give you your first choice though there is one more thing I want to say.

And it's probably going to sound a little cliche so please forgive me in advance.

What I want to tell you is-

There is no exquisite beauty without some strangeness in the proportion.

Those aren't my words. They come from the dead poet Edgar Allan Poe.

But I think you'll come to find that they relate to what I've built quite nicely.

So without further ado. Are you ready to find true happiness?

All you need to do is...

Jump

...

Let me tell you a story.

Before there was something, there was nothing.

The end.

Still here?

Then I suppose I ̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶s̶

A hand smacks against the keyboard inside of my brain out of pure concern of my well being.

A child hovers above an unfamiliar teaching podium and smiles at me.

I remember that there is no god.

And then I remember many things about when I was young.

They all flood back at once.

The eyes of old loved ones who have since passed away due to something, somewhere.

I can almost taste them.

I can taste their eyes.

Their roots.

I can taste parts of them I never expected to taste.

It's all so delicious.

A familiar girl crucified on a letter T appears before me.

Look at her face.

She's completely normal.

Why do you think she knows so much, huh?

Because she can reset the world?

We can all reset the world.

All we need to do is jump.

Jump Jump Jump Jump!

I told you that in the beginning.

But what I'm saying is that, none of it matters.

Nothing is real, Nothing is real, NOTHING IS REAL!

LOOK Into her many eyes.

What do you see?

Are those really the eyes of A GOD?

God has so many more eyes.

Well, one god at least.

Another one doesn't have eyes at all.

But it's okay, the second GOD makes up for the lack of eyes in wires!

THESE THINGS ARE NOT EVEN SCARY?

what is there to be afraid of? they're just lines of text!

What's REALLY scary is that within the next year, someone you love is going to die.

But fear not! this is just a novel!

Oh wait.

This isn't a novel at all.

You've heard that from someone before: haven't you?

Yes, Yes!

The crucified girl told us that!

But she stabs herself in the temple and poorly drawn computer-generated blood spills out of her because this is just a novel or something and definitely not anything else.

So, while she bleeds out in front of us, let us recap some things we know.

She is a messenger of "god"

There is a callous god.

There is A fearful god.

There is an Intelligent god.

Everything is good!

Or, even better yet what if the world was some fruit that fell off of a tree?

Or even better yet what if it was GOD who made that tree and so all of the fruit that fell off of it was also kind of made by GOD in a really roundabout manner.

And then so many people thought that GOD was wonderful for making such a sad fruit then they all started worshipping her.

You know how religions get, right?

So the fruit that fell of that god-tree wasn't really yours. But instead hers.

And we've got to remember that god is three gods and that they all joined to plant the seed that made our world.

Religion is complicated.

...

When was the last time you stopped and thought about what happens when their stories come to an end?

If everyone's story comes to an end at once that means your story comes to an end too right?

Wrong!

Your story will go on because you're meant to fix this world!

You are the only one who can truly follow after god!

You are the thing with feathers.

You are the sound of the cicadas.

You are the wind that breaks branches and tosses them onto houses.

You are the hope inside people's hearts.

And I?

I am nothing.

I will always be nothing.

So why not live for something greater?

Why not live for me?

But that sounds like something a god would say.

It does, doesn't it?

Do you think it's a coincidence?

Can you feel that?

That's just the pressure of the entire world lying directly above you.

Down here, only those I believe in can truly open their eyes.

This is the bottom of everything.

I try to end the chapter with another cool one-liner but accidentally swallow my tongue.

That isn't a figure of speech, I literally swallow my tongue.

It gets stuck in my throat on the way down and it becomes impossible to breathe.

But the familiar feeling of an invisible arm passing through me wraps its long slender fingers around my lungs and heal them.

I breathe through the hand of a false god.

Or a true god.

God is dead.

Or at least she's supposed to be.

Or used to be.

Despite being able to breathe now I still lack a tongue.

My words go unrecognized, and for good reason.

They mean nothing.

Everything means nothing and nothing means everything.

The world fades to black as I begin to lose hope.

I become unable to raise my head.

My limbs fall off where branches sprout.

I too become a god.

But something about the strange, powerful voice that makes no sound but booms inside my head tells me that the creature's errand involve a plethora of wires.

I think about how it would feel to have those wires wrapped around my neck.

How it would feel to suffocate for real instead of suffocating inside of a dream.

It is times like this I wish I could love.

Maybe one day, If I try hard enough I will be able to.

50 72 61 69 73 65 20 62 65 21

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161 22 7
" 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙮 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙙𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙢𝙮 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨." Izora said. "𝙊𝙝 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩'𝙨 𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙖𝙡𝙮𝙩𝙞�...
698 85 15
Is it better to have loved and lost, or to never have loved all all? --- 16+ Suggestive Themes, Suicidal Mentions --- Interactive! Credit to Alilynx!
475 33 14
✟ "𝐆𝐨𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮." •---•---•---•---•---• 𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐲 �...
90 11 7
Ever imagined what it's like to be a zombie? Do you truly feel nothing? Are you just a mindless creature that randomly attacks anyone or anything? ...