Loki's magical friend? - ON H...

By 18idupee

After unjustly being banished to Earth, Loki spends his exile with the Avengers. However, he makes an unexpec... More

Extended Summary
Part One:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
ON HIATUS

9.

614 21 3
By 18idupee

***************************************************************************************

Chapter Nine: This Girl is on FIRE!

***************************************************************************************

Hermione's POV:

I hugged each person at least twice, promising several times to send gifts and keep them updated on the happenings of the wizarding world.

Tony presented me with a bracelet that he had made, especially for me. It was, essentially, a mobile phone, complete with comms linking to the team, JARVIS, and a panic alert only to be used in the direst situations and genuine emergencies. Seeing as technology didn't work so well with technology, Loki had contributed, ironically casting spells to make the bracelet magic-proof, which meant it would still work at Hogwarts! I thanked them both immensely, grateful for the ability to contact them without delay.

Once the time for departing had come, I moved to stand in the fireplace - which had been expanded for ease of access - and said one final farewell, before grabbing a handful of Floo Powder and speaking clearly.

"Number 12, Grimmauld Place, London."

A wall of green flames engulfed me, but before I went, I saw everyone's reactions, Loki's being the funniest; his eyes widened astronomically and seemed almost panicked. It was an expression not often seen on his face, which made it all the more hilarious.

"THAT IS SO COOL! I WANT A GO!" I heard Tony yell excitedly. I laughed and waved, leaving New York in style.

***************************************************************************************

Loki's POV:

She stepped into the fireplace, threw some grey powder down and yelled her intended destination. 

She suddenly erupted in green flames. 

My eyes bulged.

"WHAT IN ODIN'S NAME?!"

I made to help her, but instead of panicking or shrieking in pain, she laughed and then quite literally, I might add - disappeared in a puff of smoke. The flames disappated, leaving only smouldering ashes where she once stood. I turned to Barton, confused that he wasn't panicking about how his niece had LITERALLY turned to ashes. He must have sensed my panic, as he turned to face me, smirking. "Don't worry Antlers, she's fine; it's the quickest way to internationally travel magically. Right now, she's safe, in London. Freaked me out the first time too."

I sighed heavily, slightly calmer now someone had explained exactly what had just happened.

After a few minutes of idle chatter, the Avengers dispersed to start their day. I made my way to the library, more than willing to lose myself in the written word. 

Time flew by, and before I knew it, Jarvis announced that it was lunchtime. It was somewhat quieter without the young witch around and I found myself missing her company. She was one of the only people in this Tower, perhaps in all of my acquaintances since arriving at this ruddy planet, who was not only interesting to converse with, but could keep up with my line of conversation. We had spent many hours during her respite from schooling discussing the differences between Asgardian and Midgardian magic.

But now that she was gone, I was bored.

Bored.

Bored.

BORED.

The only source of interest had gone, and my brother was hardly an invigorating source of information, the fat oaf spending most of his time in the pantry, spending time with that dreadfuly irritating woman of his, Jane Foster, or sleeping from dawn to dusk.

How on EARTH was I supposed to keep myself busy? What enjoyment did I feel towards reading, now that the only person who had a brain was gone for 4 months?

I sighed again.

***************************************************************************************

--- Time skip, a week after Hermione's departure ---

***************************************************************************************

I was eating a strange-tasting Midgardian food called 'cereal', when an snowy-white owl flew into the kitchen.

In Asgard, we often use owls as a means of transporting post so this was not a surprise. I suspected that Hermione had sent it so I reached for the letter attached. Surprisingly, the bird allowed me to, although it looked wary of me. I gave it some leftover bacon, to which the bird hooted in acceptance and flew to the perch by the window.

I looked at the letter, reading the familiar handwriting.

Loki

Seeing that it was meant for me, I went to the privacy of my room and began to read it.

***************************************************************************************

Dear 𝐿𝑜𝓀𝒾,

I hope you, and the others are alright!
It's only the first day back, but I just had to write to you!

A lot has happened since I arrived.

I'm aware that you don't know much about the current state of the wizarding world.  So let me catch you up first. It all started with one of my best friends, Harry Potter, 15 years ago..."

***************************************************************************************

The letter went on for a while, the ordeals and adventures she had gone through sounded almost unreal. My heart almost stopped when she had mentioned in passing that a Basilisk had been terrorising the school in her second year, and not only that, but she was petrified by the blasted creature as well! It seemed to get worse though, and my mouth steadily widened, so when she finished recounting her 4th year, I was quite sure my jaw would never be the same again.

What kind of school was this?!

***************************************************************************************

"This year, there is a new D.A.D.A. teacher, one Dolores Umbridge, the very same that was at Harry's ministry hearing in the summer! Fudge has obviously gone to great lengths to try and discourage the truth from coming out.

I mean, really, you should have heard her talk, it felt like she was trying to talk to infants, not 11-18 year olds. 

What really infuriates me is that he thinks he can try to publicly call Harry a liar and humilate him. He's so consumed by fear for his position and the possibility that Voldemort might be back that he makes life hell for anyone who even dares to entertain the idea.

One way or another he's going to have to stop trying to save his politcal career, and start thinking of ways to protect the Wizarding population, or we're as good as doomed.

Anyway, I better go to sleep now, first day of classes and all that.

I'll talk to you and the others this weekend!

Hermione x

P.S The owl is called Hedwig, she belongs to Harry, but he said I could use her if I wanted to.
***************************************************************************************

I finished the letter and reached for my decanter of Asgardian wine. 

I needed a drink. 

Once I had recovered from my shock over Hermione's letter, I began writing a reply straight away. No time like the present.

***************************************************************************************

Dear Witchling,

While your letter did concern me, and I am sure that your brain needs consulting for willingly going back to this so-called 'school', I know that you are perfectly capable of protecting yourself.

As for your friend, I am atonsished and appalled, not only of his treatment at his relatives - I use that term loosely, they sound utterly despicable - but for his tremendous bad luck.

If you need anything, I am but a letter away, and will only be too glad to assist in any way I can. Odin knows the others aren't doing anything remotely of interest and life over here is quite dull without you.

Stay safe, and see you soon,

𝓛𝓸𝓴𝓲

***************************************************************************************

Letting the ink dry, I folded up the letter and beckoned for the beautiful white owl to come to my side. Once the letter was attached, she nipped my finger fondly before she flew off and was soon no more than a fleck of white in the sunset.

I leaned back in my comfortable chair, rubbing my temples.

It appeared I would not be as bored as I thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 129 52
Growing up as a half-Elven half-Asgardian was never easy on Alexandrya. Her mother died five years after she was born and her father didn't give a ra...
118K 4.1K 35
When the youngest Prince of Asgard arrives at Hogwarts as their newest professor, he is surprised to meet a fellow Asgardian. Y/n L/n is the Goddess...
297K 6.9K 111
Welcome everyone to my fourth oneshots book! I'm not taking full requests currently but it's okay if you want to suggest a character for me to write...
496K 16.3K 31
Both have a past they don't like. She was tortured and he was neglected. But when the God of Mischief has to be held captive in her home she can't he...