Different Worlds

By mpumiphillips

Julia Garner, 17 year old nerd from Wellington High School has trust issues. Aaron Kavinsky, a senior in Well... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 23

171 10 0
By mpumiphillips

Julia's P.O.V

"Wake up sleepyhead." Leah said, tapping me on the head.

"Let me sleep for a little while." I mumbled.

"Girl, it's past 8." she chuckled.

"Okay, fine." I said, lifting my head and dragged myself out of bed.

"I'll put some clothes for you on the bed." she said as I headed to the bathroom.

I take a nice, warm bath and come out with a towel wrapped around me. I wear the floral red dress that Leah placed on the bed. She walks in a few minutes later and stares at me with her eyes wide open.

"Girl, you look hot in this." she said with a smile.

Hot, I don't see hot.

"Firstly, this is short. And secondly, it shows off this." I said, pointing at the cleavage.

"You talking about that little thing of yours?" she frowned, pointing at the cleavage.

"Yes. It's still visible." I uttered.

"Girl, you look good. Stop worrying about things you shouldn't be worrying about. This dress fits yiu perfectly." she smiled.

I walk towards her mirror so that I can see what she sees.

"Really?" I asked her whilst looking at myself.

"Yes." she smiled.

"Thank you." I said with a slight grin.

Don't get me wrong. The dress is nice, but it's not meant for people like me.

"By the way, we're going out for ice-creams." she uttered.

"Today?"

"Yes, today."

"I'm not leaving the house wearing this." I said sheepishly.

"Yes you are." she smiled. "And you'll be wearing these sandals as well." she said, giving me brown shoes.

"I hate the fact that you never take no for an answer." I muttered whilst wearing the shoes.

"You know me." she smirked.

We leave the room and head downstairs to have breakfast.

"Morning Ms Remini." I greeted her mom.

"Hey Julia. Did you settle in well yesterday?" she asked with a smile.

"I mean, I struggled to fall asleep because of your daughter's snoring. But eventually I fell asleep." I chuckled and she chuckled back.

"What do we have here?" Leah asked after looking at me because of what I said.

"Eggs, pancakes and cereals." she replied. "You girls sort yourselves out, and I'll be outside, planting these." she said, showing us a tray of plants.

"Thank you." I smiled.

She leaves the kitchen, and Leah and I are left behind with all this food on the table.

I take two pancakes and spread golden sauce over them.

"This is good." I mumbled after taking a bite.

"And then you only take two of them?" she asked with a chuckled. "Girl, you need about seven of these." she said, placing five more pancakes in my plate.

"I'm not going to eat all of these." I said truthfully.

"Then I guess there's more for me." she smiled.

"You already have seven on the plate." I chuckled.

"When food is nice, you don't count how many you've eaten or how many you're about to eat. You just gobble up until your stomach says no. And by the look of things, it's not going to say no anytime soon." she said whilst eating.

Wow.

"You are something else." I chuckled.

"I know that's right." she chuckled back.

I love this crazy headed girl of mine.

***

"Can I get two ice-creams please?" she said to the lady by the ice-cream stall.

"Flavour?"

"All-in-one." she smiled.

"You sure?"

"Certain." Leah and I said simultaneously.

All-in-one is the way to our hearts.

She hands us the ice-creams and we give her the money.

"Do you remember the time when we were in Grade 2 and we order the All-in-one ice cream at a restaurant, and the waiter said that they don't have that on the menu?" she asked and thereafter chuckled.

"Yep, and we started whining just because he wouldn't give us." I finished off and chuckled.

"And the manger had to come and sort it out. We were so dramatic." she laughed.

"Too much."

"And we always whined whenever we wanted something."

"And it always worked." I smiled.

Always.

"Wait, how was it being at the beach with Britney?" she chuckled after a moment of silence.

"Honestly, I didn't really pay attention to her. When I got there with Aaron, she was mean. But eventually, we just ignored each other." I smiled.

"She probably looked amazing in her swimsuit."

"Definitely. She was a pretty little thing." I smiled.

"With some stinking ass attitude." she uttered.

True.

We walk back to her house and on our way there, we bump into Chad.

"Hey Julia, how are you?" he greeted amiably.

"I'm surprised you even recognized me." I chuckled. "I thought after beach-day we don't know each other." I added sheepishly.

"I enjoyed your company, so I don't see a reason why I shouldn't greet you." he smiled. "Chad." he said, extending his hand towards Leah so thag she can shake it.

"Leah." she said with a grin whilst politely shaking his hand.

"How are you doing?" he asked. "Both of you." he added, looking at Leah is well.

"We're good." we answered simultaneously. "And you?"

"Good. I didn't know you stay around." he said, looking at me.

"My dad's house is somewhere in the forth street, and my mom's house is just outside of town."

"Aaron did say your dad is a multi billionaire, so your dad's house must be the mansion. Number 49?" he asked.

"Yep, that's the one." I said with a slight grin.

"And where do you stay?" he asked Leah.

"Third house from here."

"Okay. Anyways, ladies, I need to get going. Nice talking to you." he said and thereafter started jogging.

"That was a little bit weird." I uttered.

"Right?" Leah asked rhetorically.

"I still remember the first time we had a conversation, and he was quite the opposite compared to now. He looked so intimidating, but now he's different." I told her.

"What happened?" she asked.

"It had to do with Britney, and as her friend, he obviously stood up for her. But, I'm just glad that we put it behind us." I said with a sigh.

"He seems like a nice guy."

"I think so too."

~~~

I'm back and sorry for the very boring chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.9K 4.1K 52
Evelyn has no choice but tolerate her all-time bullying schoolmate, Tyler, in college too. His pranks always followed her, no matter what. She's su...
289K 20.4K 152
Tác phẩm: Toàn thế giới đều đang đợi người động tâm. Tác giả: Tố Tây Người gõ: Mia của bạn nè Beta: Hoa Hoa của bạn đây Ý là truyện này gõ nhanh quá...
34.8K 1.2K 50
Mia and Nick grew up together, developing a deep bond of friendship and blossoming love while dealing with less than ideal home lives. As things got...
255K 8K 182
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...