The Throne of the Four Realms...

By sharmee_m

➜11X featured ●Featured by @magic● ●Featured by @mythandlegend● ●Featured by @Ambassadors ● ●Featured by @Sec... More

MAP OF THE FOUR REALMS
CHAPTER 1 - Of a Prince and his Dragon
CHAPTER 2 - Of Unexpected Things
CHAPTER 3 - Of a Fight and a Voyage
CHAPTER 4 - Of a Cold Stranger
CHAPTER 5 - Of a Black Tower
CHAPTER 6 - Of a Thousand Questions
CHAPTER 7- Of a Lost Wand
CHAPTER 8 - Of an Invitation
CHAPTER 9 - Of a Thrilling Duel
CHAPTER 10 - Of a Royal Ball (Part I)
CHAPTER 11 - Of a Royal Ball (Part II)
CHAPTER 12 - Of a Starry Night
CHAPTER 13 - Of Fire Against Earth
CHAPTER 14 - Of a Mysterious Mark
CHAPTER 15 - Of a New Mission
CHAPTER 16 - Of a Dragon War
CHAPTER 17 - Of an Old Portrait
CHAPTER 18 - Of an Epiphany
CHAPTER 19 - Of a Visit to the Library
CHAPTER 20 - Of a High Lady and her Daughter
CHAPTER 21- Of a King and his Son
CHAPTER 22 - Of Zephyr against Oyster
CHAPTER 23 - Of a Royal Visit
CHAPTER 24 - Of a Glorious Prince
CHAPTER 25 - Of a Discovery
CHAPTER 26 - Of a Winter Palace
CHAPTER 27 - Of a Lost Heirloom
CHAPTER 28 - Of a Feud
CHAPTER 29 - Of Swords and Daggers
CHAPTER 30 - Of a Red Bird
|| DORAN ||
CHAPTER 31 - Of Training
CHAPTER 32 - Of a Fountain
CHAPTER 33 - Of Alchemy
CHAPTER 34 - Of an Awakening
CHAPTER 35 - Of Chaos
CHAPTER 36 - Of a Dungeon (Part I)
CHAPTER 37 - Of a Dungeon (Part II)
CHAPTER 38 - Of an Escape
CHAPTER 39 - Of a Chief (Part I)
CHAPTER 40 - Of a Chief (Part II)
CHAPTER 41 - Of a Forest (Part I)
CHAPTER 42 - Of a Forest (Part II)
CHAPTER 43 - Of a Dragon Ride
CHAPTER 44 - Of a Summer Palace
CHAPTER 45 - Of a Gemini Prince
|| UNA ||
CHAPTER 46 - Of Revelations
CHAPTER 47 - Of a Summer Lord
CHAPTER 48 - Of a Window
CHAPTER 49 - Of Allies and Enemies
|| DORAN ||
CHAPTER 50 - Of a Deal
CHAPTER 51 - Of a Lost King
CHAPTER 52 - Of Siblings
CHAPTER 53 - Of an Enigma
CHAPTER 54 - Of Dark Magic
|| THE THRONE ||
|| RALPH ||
|| DORAN - Part I ||
|| DORAN - Part II ||
|| DORAN - Part III ||
CHAPTER 55 - Of Two Slaves
CHAPTER 56 - Of Balance
|| ORELLA ||
CHAPTER 57 - Of a Devil
CHAPTER 58 - Of Heaven and Hell
|| NOVA ||
CHAPTER 59 - Of Reunions (Part I)
CHAPTER 60 - Of Reunions (Part II)
EPILOGUE: ALLIANCE
EPILOGUE: STARS
|| THANK YOU FROM THE AUTHOR ||

|| UNA ||

1.1K 97 499
By sharmee_m

Author's note 1: So, hear me out - You all remember High Queen Brianna of Summer Realm, right? If you don't remember then do check chapter 28 - it's explained - but in short: she was the only female to have ever won the Throne, and she was assassinated by the Autumn Realm - hence the feud.

And now, we have some long overdue #SERUNA!

***

Serena came with me. The security was tighter in the Summer Palace, but since I had opened the outdoor courtroom in the Autumn embassy's guardhouse, and my whole palace, she'd be fine here as well.

"Una," she called, not looking up from the stack of books she was surrounded with, in my mother's ginormous library, "Will you look at this story about... the Throne?"

I dropped my parchment, and rose up from the desk - Nigel had given me a rough draft for our military positioning - since the Summer convoys would either not reach the Winter Realm on time, or just not reach at all - it was mostly up to the Autumn soldiers' shoulders to defend everyone from the Sorcery. A nasty storm in the waters of the Spring Realm, was wreaking havoc rendering the only route for the Summer ships, shut off.

It didn't need much deliberation to comprehend who might've started the ill-timed storm - Neo and Orella! Ralph and I had forged a new treaty to enable Summer convoys to pass through Autumn's Realm's waters - something that had never happened in centuries - but it was too late. They'd never make it!

Neo had successfully used the feud against us. Bloody mastermind.

I kneeled beside Serena on the cold floor, where she was sitting with her back rested to a bookshelf. Coaxing myself to not look at her, to not inhale her coffee-fresh smell - I wiped my sweaty palms on my thighs, peering into the book she was holding open. I looked at the cover of the book she was engrossed in, it was a children's story book! The one common in all Realms alike.

Had fireboy asked her to read bed-time stories?

"It says," Serena dragged a slender finger over a sentence, "The Throne only gave what one was ready to give it back." She raised her head, "But you don't give it anything, right? Every Conquest has different set of tasks. This time you are indeed sacrificing the objects Eleni and Doran gave you. But it's not always the same, or is it? This line is such a never-ending topic of debates for the scholars and the Ancient Sorcerers."

I scratched my head like a dimwit that I was, when it came to books, "This is a children's story, patched up to resemble the Conquest. Why don't you check some other good book? I think I might have another lying around somewhere eating dust."

She looked up at me. Her eyes twinkling, face shadowed by the haze from the pink morning slithering from the window behind her. "No. Only this line in the whole story doesn't sit well, don't you think? Even my teacher back at school used to say this. This is something about - balance."

She licked her lips, eyes on me, but not really looking, "When Neo... had taken me to the dungeon, to threaten Eleni, you know what he said... A life for a life. And he has dark magic. Maybe even the Throne does. It goes all dark and then bright."

A slow slither of rage was all I felt. A life for a life. He had let Serena go, but killed my Spikes. With dark magic. A life had been lost one way or the other, or Eleni might've made another Debt of Life bond with Serena.

She continued, a tight knot between her eyebrows, eyes darting side by side, "If you think about it, Neo always maintains a balance. You take a step, he does too. This is a game of some shady chess for him. Doran brought King Nova, and he made Orella take Eleni. It wasn't about Amelia... he had her for a long time. He only played Amelia as a pawn to break Eleni's mind. Am I making sense?"

Doran brought King Nova, and he made Orella take Eleni.

I swallowed hard, settling down cross-legged, hand on my mouth. "Perfectly."

"It's somehow always about being a step ahead, or being in balance. Is um... Neo also in the Conquest? Could he be?" Serena said, maybe talking to herself.

I froze. No. No. No. Hell be damned. No.

"Be careful, Una. I... I just... I don't know. You all are in danger. All the Defensors. If Neo has sorcerous plans to get the Throne, then aren't you three in his way? What if you win? You think he will let you go?"

Despite the horror in her words, despite the slight possibility of Neo being a rival, too, I blinked, a smile creeping up on my face, "You think I'd win?"

"What if I say that I don't want you to win?" She averted her gaze, with an adorable frown.

I sighed, picking up the book and placing it back on her lap, trying my best to not touch her. "You can say it... but I have always wanted the Throne, like it or not."

"Sorry." She mumbled. "You royals have it so difficult, I never imagined." I tilted my head to look at her sudden disheartened face, my words of comfort stuck in my throat. She continued, sensing my rapt attention, "You train your whole life, master your powers, master all these war things, weapons. And look at us commoners... look at me... I can't even airlift without needing a long nap after that. I can't even wield a small knife other than to cut tomatoes. I can't even help you..."

"Woah." My eyes widened. "Who knew this is what goes on inside your pretty little head?" I swallowed, but she seemed to not have noticed my particular slip of words.

"Listen," I added, tapping on the book with my knuckles, "If you give me a book like this, I'd fall into a long nap before finishing even the first page. While you'd probably devour it all up and write your own hypothesis. Not everyone is good at everything." I added in a whisper, "The royals have messed up the world. There's nothing to admire here. Believe me."

She blinked and spoke softly, "I'd like to help. Why didn't anyone ever teach me how to wield weapons?" Serena was being so bluntly honest, was that only for me? In front of me? Some otherworldly magic surged up in me, and I put a finger under her chin, tilting her face towards me, "I thought... you didn't fancy all that."

"I don't." She mumbled, "I don't want to. Weapons are... scary. But I still want to help."

"Not everything is about weapons, Serena. And look what miss Corresponder just found out. I presume if you dig a bit deeper, come evening, you'd figure Neo out." I spoke, my thumb gently swiping over her chin.

A rosy blush flared on her cheeks, and I melted. Serena and I - did she really like me or was she just friendly, like she was with everyone? Why was I still confused and hesitant? She clearly fancied men - but I only ever liked her. And even if I wanted Serena's bubbly sunshine all for myself, provided she wanted all my gloomy shadows in return, creating an absurd balance - the laws would prove to be an obstacle of the highest degree.

I'd stomp on the frigging laws with my battle-axe myself and nail their crumbs on my crown.

But this was different. Serena was being different. My heart stopped, eyes widened in sweet horror, breath stuck in my chest as she reached her soft elegant hand and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear... my pinch on her chin trembled.

"Hey, U-" A dramatic sound of a gasp tore through the library. Serena's dazed eyes moved to the open door behind me and we both dropped our hands. Sword... I'd need a sword.

I craned my neck, fuming to find Nova standing frozen on the doorway to the library, eyes gleaming with surprised delight...

"Going, I am going." He raised his hands instantly in surrender and took a step back. "I seem to be interrupting people a lot these days. Want me to teach you all how to use a door?"

I stood up, noticing a long white scabbard hanging at his side. "Don't go. Tell me, when did you get here? You came alone from the Summer embassy? Didn't fireboy..."

He frowned, "I don't need fireboy babysitting me. I came alone, for I need your help. And then you both can go back to your... books."

My fingers still pulsating with the touch of Serena's soft skin, ears ringing with her honeyed voice, I let out a huge exhale, coming back to reality. "Of course."

"May I use your Alchemical workroom?"

Nova stepped inside the library, like he owned it, waving at Serena with a pleasant smile, before making his way to a cramped bookshelf. I watched him run his fingers through the row of books about - Alchemy - his true love! My fists clenched at my side as I leaned against a shelf - Neo had fed him potions after potions, but Nova still had not given up on his Alchemical fascination. Neo had clearly followed Nova's footsteps - for all the wrong reasons.

"If I refused, would you oblige?" I taunted.

He shrugged, "No. I was just being polite." He picked out a book and smelled its pages, with stars in his eyes - "Oh, it's been so long since a cauldron exploded on my face."

Serena chuckled. "Is this for the Enigma, Your Majesty?

His eyes widened at her. "Do you want Una to murder me? Drop that formality, Serena. Please."

I looked at her from the corner of my eye, and she smiled shyly. "Are you making 'something new' then?" she asked him again.

"Yes, I have to, don't I? Lord Orlon warned me to be ready with it." His face constricted suddenly, "Would... uh, Lady Tessa help me? I... have forgotten stuff."

If Nova hadn't cut his hair, his golden curl would be dangling over his hazel eyes. I noticed he was sporting a silky green jerkin, with tight-fitting, high-waist black leather breeches. He looked better than before, gave the impression at least... Joking around, not stuttering any more, maybe mind-slightly-healed, the echoes in his head stopped. But that wasn't all...

"Nova... are you okay?" I found myself asking on an impulse.

At that, he shut the book with a snap, and slowly turned towards me. All mischief dropped off his face in an instant, as if anticipating just this. His gaze roved over my face, "Are you?"

We looked at each other, we were clearly not okay. No one was. No one would be for a long time. My eyes were suddenly stinging after two days of drought.

"I'll have mother come over to the workroom to help you. She might be pissed though, since Neo hadn't shown his face here. She thought Nova forgot us." I said. I thought you forgot me.

"I'll fix it." His intense gaze reading me, understanding everything, like he always did, ever since we were kids.

Words jammed in my chest. I'd have to learn from Serena how to let it all out. How to admit, how to talk. How to comfort someone, and how to get comforted! I stood like a statue, averting my gaze from the four prickling eyes on me.

Nova cleared his throat, flipping open the book, and picked up being himself, knowing my stone-cold heart - "Serena, you know, Lady Tessa once said, that I am the child she never had."

Of course, mother said that.

Serena laughed - the sound like flowers sprinkling down in a meadow, and Nova smiled, his nose crinkling. I shook my head. The sun was suddenly growing brighter outside.

***
Ralph and Lenox, did not step inside my Virgo palace. But straightaway joined Nigel at the war-camp on the outskirts of Autumn embassy. The soldiers had grumblingly woken up with the golden hour. We had time till the evening. And they needed a thorough shake - they had gotten rusty, and the coldness of this Realm didn't help their chances either.

A tanned and burly Head Guard, armored from head to toe, walked beside fireboy, and I gritted my teeth. "Are you being a chicken again? You really think that you'd be attacked here?"

He frowned, pointing his index finger close to my nose, "Hey, rocky, your guards scowled at me, a hand on their wands. I value my life, thank you very much." I looked at his Head Guard, who in turn narrowed his eyes at me.

I resisted the urge to swat his hand away. "Well, apologies for that. I'll ring a word..."

"That's... quite alright. No time now." He said, his voice heavy, and walked on, mind sharpened like a blade since last night.

He shook hands with High King Maris' snowy children, who had arrived moments ago. Adrian and Arlette, the siblings of House of Scorpio - previous Prince and Princess of The Four Realms - had joined us. Lord Orlon, had sent a scroll with them stating that him and the High King were in talks with the unyielding High Councilor. Bothersome, that - he had added as a footnote.

Arlette looked from Ralph, Lenox and to other Autumn people gathered in the war-camp, and put a dramatic hand on her chest, "Finally, I have seen everything in the world that there is to be seen. I can die in peace."

I smacked her head, "With a war brewing, I'd be careful with my words if I were you." Arlette grinned at me like a kid who had just received highest of praise.

Adrian cleared his throat, "Well, I... ya both know me." he said, a bit embarrassed, scratching his head, "A battle, not my cup of tea. I'll help externally. But Arlette here is dangerously over-the-moon." He clapped a hand on his sister's back with a little too much force, making her wobble.

Arlette had always wanted to be in the Conquest, and now that she was getting a chance to finally unleash her skills, her giddiness clearly knew no bound. If only she had seen what Neo was capable of, she'd reconsider all that joviality. It irked me how the whole world was mutually acquainted with the enemy Realms, like Nova was, while we always walked around each other on persistent eggshells.

Ralph thumped Adrian's shoulder, with his dimpled-smile, "Works out for the best. You can look after the safe-tents which are being stationed near the Winter gala for the injured soldiers, with all the healers and stuff. Sounds good?"

I seconded, "Angus would be happy to be relieved from the duty. The boy wanted to be with Nova, anyways." Angus would've loved an older brother like Nova unlike his own shitty one, aaaand vice versa.

"Perfect. I'll take over from him." Adrian smiled at us both; his relief evident in his bluish-grey eyes. He had been in the Conquest, begrudging and against his own will. Since his younger sister, was ineligible because - stupid laws. Even High King Maris, hadn't been able to turn the High Panel's opinion, at the last moment, about allowing a Second Daughter, instead of the First Son, or just not letting the House of Scorpio partake at all. I had wished he would blast them with all his four powers.

"Arlette," Ralph spoke, "You can assist whichever battalion you want. Your father will be better with your Winter army. So, how about you stick together with either Lenox or Angus for now? There's one with Nigel and..."

"How about we stick together?" She wheezed out, starstruck at Ralph. I watched Adrian, walking away, shaking his head, leaving her to handle her own fires.

Ralph simply blinked and cleared his throat, "I'll... uh... leave that up to you then."

"Ya really reckon that there'll be... deaths?" Arlette asked, moving a little too close to Ralph. Lenox willingly made space for her.

"Um... well," Ralph shifted his body, utterly rattled, "T-That's obvious, isn't it? B-Besides Neo has called on his entire Spring army, so he is definitely planning on a massacre. You... you know Gemini House is the most populated one, what with everyone being a twin."

Ralph was far too deep in his King shit to bother about anything else.

He added, looking at me, face exhausted, "The only thing that's an even bigger mystery than all this... is where could he be keeping his army. It's grand, I'm sure, and us without Fire soldiers. Hopefully, Doran gets the Eclipse army, or else..."

I hesitated, but spoke, a bad ominous instinct arising in my guts. "We all are here together, but Doran... he is alone."

Lenox cut in, his brunet hair sparkling in the murky sunlight, "Doran works better alone. Risky business being with him." He blinked his black eyes to himself staring in the distance over my shoulder, a shady memory flashing in them, which I miiight have liked to know.

But Ralph shook his head, eyes strained. "I wanted to send more people with him, but the Eclipses... are private. Can't reveal them openly if we want to win their alliance, can we? It's hard to trust anyone after what happened..." After Orella.

"Wow, Ralph, when did ya get so smart?" Arlette raised her neck, only reaching up to his jaw, looking at him with puppy-like adoration in her oceanic eyes, her short sandy hair, bobbing over her shoulders. I pinched the bridge of my nose, and Lenox slapped his forehead - she was playing with the wrong fire, at the wrong time.

"Why, that's a bit... insulting, Arlette, don't you think? I always had a smart mind." Ralph sighed, annoyed, raking a hand through his blonde hair.

Her face fell like heavy snow after an avalanche. And before she opened her mouth to make amends, he excused himself, and walked off towards the soldiers who were in the middle of intense core exercises. I'd surely give her a tip to try that disastrous heart-eyeing again, once his sister was back, safe and sound.

In the short time that I had known Ralph, it was crystal clear that he was short-tempered, maybe more than I was. But if he knew Mind Healing - the Light Magic, that only meant, he had seen horrors that he'd never voice out. Bless that lovely mother of his, who had thrown a tantrum all because I was in the Summer embassy. The demonstration of the feud had slapped me in the face too.

Him and Doran would only rest once Eleni and her kid sister were back, and so would I - A deep sense of regret crept up like a weed amidst freshly blossomed bushes - I shouldn't have sent Eleni to her room alone last evening. She was on her cycle - my eyes shut close. If only I had given her a concoction to delay it, until the Conquest was done. I was scared for her - more than I'd like to admit.

If Neo used her against us - we'd not know how to get her in control without hurting her or without getting hurt ourselves - her powers were deadly, and she didn't know it - but I did. And so did Neo. The threat was so horrible that no one dared acknowledge it.

Around the weaponry, stacked up on rows and rows of racks, the female soldiers, different from all other Houses' soldiers, some with long-haired tied up in buns and some with short, were buckling up for their early morning workouts, with Nigel boosting their morale, shouting battle-cries, with a little too much vigor. I'd join them soon - I needed a rush, too, that only came with a battle-axe swinging in my hands, and sweat wetting my clothes in and out.

For the longest time, the female warriors were obligated to cut their hair short, up over their ears - but ever since mother had taken up the charge, she had abolished the rule. She had always paid heed to her old Head Guard's suggestions. I only had ever heard stories about their sisterhood, about Tessa and Cora, but she had left my mother, her job, her whole Realm behind, for a reason unbeknownst to all, and ever since, mother had never kept a Head Guard for herself, and so hadn't I.

"My, my, my. Look what my daughter is up to. What's next, are we unfurling the Summer Flag and burning our own to ashes?"

Mother approached, her flowy sea-green cloak skimming the soil, emerald-studded crown perched on her tightly braided floral bun, making me roll my eyes. But I felt it, everyone did - the rusty soldiers, had suddenly perked up. The thudding of their footsteps getting louder, axes clanking harder, mud rising up a little too violently. The regiment completely stirred up to life.

Will I ever have such a command?

She was well caught up by now, since I had asked Nigel and Angus to smooth-talk her into the mind-boggling developments. With a colorful string of language, she had blessed Neo. Though the presence of the Summer King, displeased her, she'd not voice it more than she had - she knew better than that.

Anything for the child she never had!

"Una..." she said, ignoring everything - The war could go to Hell, if left to her extremely one-tracked mind - "What's your status of the Enigma? You do know you have a Throne to win?" I simply nodded my head in affirmation.

"What's your 'something new' then?" She crossed her arms, her gaze plunging into mine.

Fire and Smoke from the rarest Eclipse that ever walked on Earth.

"It's new, that's for sure."

Mother's lips quirked up, just as predicted, distrust flashing in her eyes. "And here I thought, you wanted to be the first deserving High Queen of The Four Realms. But apparently, the old Summer Queen Brianna would always have that honor."

I glared at her, noticing how Arlette had stiffened, but she distracted my mother with a quick comment about her cloak and crown being stunning. I turned around and stormed away from what was easily one of the most embarrassing moments of my life.

The Orbs of Dusk flickered stronger above my head as I crossed the labyrinthic passages of my palace. The urge to bang my chamber's door, overpowered and bang I did, shaking the entire floor. Clutching, suffocating, strangling. Too much. This all was not supposed to happen. My sole focus was the Throne, this was supposed to be about me winning. With my boy by my side. No one knew - mother still didn't know - why a certain cage in the lair was empty. The image of Spikes' eye bloodied, sword stuck, rushed in yet again...

I never saw dreams now... only nightmares.

I could take it all - I opened the door to my washroom. I'd strangle Neo with my bare hands - I sank myself in the large tub of water, armor and all. I would fight my first war - I pulled my legs to my chest. I'd avenge my Spikes - I held in the tears.

***

The forest was making way for me in the evening's lavender wintery haze. Just a few hours to go. Vice-like palpitations gripped me, as I walked over the thick snow. Even with a regiment of hundreds of soldiers marching behind, there was no sound, no movement. Stealth at its best - the strongest weapon in our arsenal. Fireboy had maneuvered everything -

And now it was my turn to do my Queen shit!

The House of Capricorn, Terran's soldiers specialized with the camouflaging skills. I had seen hesitation in his eyes, but he didn't voice it out, maybe because Nova stood like a bridge between all the reluctant allies. Our soldiers were about to enter a battle that had never happened before, against Eclipses, against Spring army - Nova's supposed army, that wielded lightning and thunder from the skies.

The Taurus and Capricorn soldiers, with their emerald and sapphire studded wands, mingled with my Virgo's ruby ones. The forest knew what we were up to, and it helped us, willing and conceding. I turned to look at the army behind me. Green-armored, buckled up with weapons, the soldiers stood in long straight rows. I walked between them.

"If you want to back out, do so now. Run, as far as you can. Because a war, as far as I have heard, can get messy. Unforgiving. Unpardoning. You are young, so am I. This is the first for you, and it so, is for me." I stopped and felt the trepidation swirling deranged, but no one dared move, no one dared run. I walked further, my voice louder now. "All that we have been trained so far is to fight the Summer Realm, but the joke's on us for they are our allies now."

And I felt it, as predicted, the slightest bit of murmurs, high-pitched than usual for the female guards outranked the numbers. I looked at Terran, his hands clasped behind him, shoulder-length black hair flowing with the winter wind. But he gave me a much-needed encouraging nod, his trust renewed, and Nigel raised his hands, thumbs-out, forest-green eyes warm and assuring. I cackled my neck and walked into another row.

"You know how they work, thereby, working with them will be, what we will call a cheesecake-walk. The Winter army is by our side. We have many allies, many people fighting for the greater good, but even that would be rendered useless, because we are up against slaved Eclipses." I was waiting for the hesitation to drop.

"We can't hurt people who are unaware of their own heinous deeds. Defend yourself. Cover. And unless an absolute dire, and unavoidable situation arises, then, and only then attack for a fatal blow."

Now, the whispers of hesitation. Louder.

"Silence!" I roared. The forest jumped with a start, trees susurrated and birds flapped off with all the vigor in their wings. And a hush followed. They would've bowed down by now, if this were mother commanding them. They would've trusted her by now. Yielded, no questions asked.

"Our enemy is something that the world has never seen. He plays rough. He won't mind crushing you like the brittle clay pots - you're acting like. A Sorcerer is what we are playing against. A person who knows no boundaries, who is dead set to see the Throne in his power."

This time the buzzing stopped, and the smell of fear spread. And I knew I had to use my most poisonous dart -

"He killed our Spikes."

And there, I felt the shift, hard and fast. Fear mingled with rage, leading to a sense of revenge. I stopped ahead, climbing a huge boulder, and looked over them. Their chins lowered. I averted my gaze from Terran and Nigel, for their eyes had turned glassy with despair, or what I assumed was sympathy.

For three days I had held it in. But now I had to spill it out. My Spikes would not have died in vain. I had gone back to the forest. But he wasn't there. No evidence. No funeral for Spikes.

I'd arrange Neo's funeral like a festival.

"You run back now, or we... fight. We fight for our cherished dragon, we fight for our Realm's insignia, we fight for the injustice bestowed on our Head Alchemist, we fight for the love of all things good, and we fight for The Four Realms that is on the verge of damnation." I looked at each face, as far as I could see, as much as I could rove my eyes, "We fight - you and me. Together."

They raised their heads. Women and men - their faces alike, determined. My skin prickled as I saw the three Commanders of each House, my two Lords, dropping down on one knee. And just like that everyone did. I stood my ground, clenching my fists behind my back.

My mind hardened, as I watched them, felt their willingness, sensed their fury. Heads down, a hand on chest - it was a mourning determination. They were ready. To fight. To die. Like me.

"Rise!" I spoke, chin high, "We have a war to win."

***

Author's note 2: *ahh if only this girl would cry it out*

About the new characters:

1) Lord Angus of House of Aquarius was mentioned in chapter 2, when Eleni goes to vote for Prince Nova - you should definitely check that paragraph. She already said that his older brother was unworthy, but Angus wasn't. And she'd have voted for him. 2) Lord Nigel, previously Prince Nigel was the one who took the credit for Eleni's black tower in chapter 5, when she saved Doran's life. 3) Lenox was mentioned in chapter 8 and then in Doran's last POV. 4) Adrian and Arlette and almost everyone was mentioned in chapter 13's beginning, in Una's dialogue.

~Happy Reading❤✨~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.1K 778 40
[Book One] Milaia had a normal life, until the King announced he was going to choose a lady to marry his son. That decision will be the beginning of...
114K 5.5K 19
စံကောင်းမွန် + တခေတ်ခွန်း ငယ်ငယ်ကခင်မင်ခဲ့တဲ့ဆက်ဆံရေးကနေအကြောင်းတစ်ခုကြောင့်စိတ်သဘောထားကွဲလွဲပြီး ပြန်တွေ့တဲ့အချိန်မှာသူဌေးနဲ့အလုပ်သမားဆက်ဆံရေးဖြစ်သွ...
3.4K 117 9
"She sure doesn't look like she's dying. She doesn't even look sick." I kept my eyes low, feet shuffling on the ground dejectedly. They weren't at fa...
278K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...