Nightfall {An Azriel (ACOTAR)...

By Ink-insomnia

Heart Evangelina - The oldest of the Archerone sisters, but not a sister at all at the same time. Having led... More

ORIGINAL CHARACTER- I
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue
Bonus chapter

Chapter 16

2.5K 88 14
By Ink-insomnia

There was a slight headache blooming in her temple but she still tried to focus on her notes. That only made it harder for her to focus so instead, Heart closed the book and stared at her mate and her son who had both been staring at the ceiling for a long time.

Azriel whispered, "Why do dragons have arms though? They don't need them."

Pip wagged his little finger at him, "No, shadow man. They need arms to hug."

"You're right." Azriel nodded earnestly. "They need arms to hug."

"You know what makes me sad, shadow man?" Pip looked at him through thick lashes and Heart leaned back in her chair to enjoy their conversation.

"What?"

"Dragons can't blow the candles on their cakes." Pip seemes heartbroken at the thought and Azriel pouted with him.

"That's terrible. "

"It is."

Heart snorted and they both craned their necks to look at her. She put her arms up defensively. "Keep going." She prodded them on.

"Don't you laugh at me and my one and only son." Azriel narrowed his eyes at her.

"Or what?" She shot back.

A lazy smile spread across his face and she had to forcefully stop herself from shivering at being the target of the way his eyes shamelessly wandered between her face and her hips. "I'll tell you later." He winked at her with the same cheeky grin and averted his eyes.

Heart exhaled softly before burying her face in her book again. Her cheeks were still burning up and she refused to look up from the pages when she heard Pip declare that both of his parents were boring and he wanted to be with his uncle Cassian. Azriel grumbled a complaint but dusted himself off after getting up. Heart heard the soft click of the door locking but refused to acknowledge it. Her fingers felt numb and it felt like all the blood was rushing to her face when she recognized the silent footsteps.

"I hope you're quiter than this when you're in enemy territory." She mumbled with whatever confidence she could muster. Azriel hooked a finger into the cover of the book and took it away from her. She leaned back. "Because, right now, if I was an enemy, I would've sliced you in half."

Azriel cocked an eyebrow, "You've got quiet the tongue on you. Somebody should teach you what to do with it."

Heart copied his smile. "It's a shame that nobody can."

"Oh." A quiet laugh slipped into Azriel's voice. "I'm sure we can arrange that." He circled the table quietly and stopped right behind her.

Heart felt the soft brush of his finger on her shoulder, down her arm, and she didn't dare move. She focused on her breathing as small tingles ran down her body. Warmth spread across her neck as Azriel leaned down to press his lips against her cold skin. Her eyes fluttered shut when his lips travelled over her collarbone and back towards her neck. She sucked in a breath when his teeth grazed over a spot and he stopped. Mouth still warm again her skin, his hand travelled down her other shoulder and cupped her breast.

Heart reached a hand over the back of the chair and held firmly to his bicep. As soon as she turned her mouth to his, he brushed his lips against her. He wanted for a second- enough for her to pull back if she wanted to- but she tilted her face to a side and all of a sudden, his instinct as her mate took over. Everything he had been holding in for so long spilled over. He kissed her exactly like what he was - a man starved.

Heart tried to get up from the chair to make it more comfortable and he immediately pushed her back against the table. Her hands quickly found their way to his hair. They were both a mess by the time the all consuming kiss was over.

Azriel tilted her face up and stared into her crystal clear eyes. Her lips were swollen, her hair falling over her forehead but her eyes were as clear as a frozen lake. One of his hands was cupping her face and the other one rested at her ribcage. Her warm breath fanned his face and Azriel softly kissed her again. Her lips. Oh, her lips. He could trace of them for the rest of his life.

She pulled back this time. "Nyx's nursery is next door."

He paused, then nodded. "Right. I know. My room?"

"I probably shouldn't walk out looking like this." She pointed at her current state.

"This place has plenty of windows." He smirked and lifted her up in his arms.

The flight lasted maybe two seconds but Heart squeezed her eyes shut like this would be her last time breathing.

Once inside his room, Azriel set her down and Heart frowned at the glistening daggers on the wall. "You're not allowed to use them." She pointedly said.

Azriel chuckled as he again captured her mouth with his, "I don't use them on women. Unless they ask, of course. "

Heart landed on his bed with a soft bounce, her hair coming undone and spilling onto the sheets in soft waves. "I strongly object to that." She joked.

Azriel stopped with his knees on both sides of her legs. "If you want me to stop, now or anytime, just say so. I don't-" 

Heart leaned towards him and swung an arm around his neck to pull him forward. "Shut up, spymaster. I didn't risk my life and fly here to then make you stop."

Azriel's mouth traveled from her throat to her chest. Leaving wet kisses and red specks, he travelled lower and tugged at her dress. Heart slid her arm out with ease and her hands again went straight to his curls. He pulled back for a minute and Heart steadied her breathing.

"What is it?" She whispered. Suddenly, her shoulders caved in, almost an attempt at hiding, and he looked into her eyes.

Tracing the curve of her cheek, he said, "Never hide yourself from me, Heart. Not unless you want me to stop, or I'm not pleasing you."

A smile tugged at the corner of her lips, "You dreamt about me." It wasn't a question.

He nodded. "Yes." Some images from those dreams flashed thought his mind and it became unbearable to not ravish her right then.

"Is the reality close to them?" She raised her eyebrows.

He huffed out a laugh and lowered himself with her so she was properly laying down, "Close to them? You're more seductive than my most alluring fantasies."

His thumb brushed over one of her nipples, followed by a deep moan from Heart herself at the sensation of his mouth. Her back arched into his touch and Azriel placed himself between her legs. Her skirt slid down, exposing her inner thigh. He set one of his hands on her thigh as his mouth explored the plump flesh of her breasts. Her breaths were ragged and she whispered his name like a secret prayer when he possessively squeezed her thigh.

He finally lifted his mouth and found her in the process of opening her eyes as well. The gazed over look in her blue eyes and the red flush of her face drove him over the edge once again. He quickly tore away her clothes and again fitted himself between her legs.

With his hands resting on the curve of her hips and his chest pressed against hers, he kissed her once again, slow and deep until her face was practically glowing with the deep pink blush and her eyes were crystal clear. "Are you sure about this?" He whisper against her skin.

"I've never been more sure of anything in my life." She looped her arms over his shoulders, fingertips brushing against his shoulder blades and Azriel knew he would be bleeding by the time they were done.

Without any hesitation, he removed his pants and didn't pay any mind to where he threw it.

A soft gasp, and then a loud moan escaped Heart's lips while Azriel cursed under his breath as he slipped inside her. He let her ease into the feeling, making sure she was comfortable. The most delicious sound escaped her lips when Azriel buried himself completely inside her. He left feathery kisses on her shoulder as he buried his head in the crook of her neck. The thrusts were slow at first, like he was trying to savor  every second of it. An almost feverish ecstacy overtook them both and Heart almost let go of his shoulders. Gradually, Azriel increased the pace- going deeper and harder.

He had to hold her hips down when he drew back and she arched her back without his weight holding her down. The sight of her stretched out before him- almost senseless with pleasure, knocked the air out of his lungs. His thrusts grew faster, harder, and Heart moaned his name until she her vocabulary reduced to that and nothing else.

The heat curled and uncurled in the pit of her stomach and she knew she was done for when Azriel stroked the fleshy folds of her skin with his fingers without slowing down. Her toes curled and she turned her head while pressing a hand to her mouth.

"No. No." Azriel rasped. "I want to hear you say my name." He leaned over her again as she removed her hand and his hot breath hit her shoulder. "I could keep you here all day, Heart." He moaned. "I could keep you here all our lives."

She only half heard him whispering other things over the feeling of her climax coming but she caught words like - 'beautiful', 'flawless, 'exquisite'. Her mind fogged over and she almost screamed him name by the time they both reached their climax at the same time.

Every muscle in her body was sore and she simply closed her eyes but felt Azriel move. She watched him through half closed eyes while he pressed a long kiss to her forehead and pulled up the blanket. He barely moved her and she was thankful when he laid down by her side. She forced herself to face him and whispered softly, "I love you."

He smiled at her and whispered it back, only she was in the realm between wakefulness and sleep and didn't hear him completely.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 4.9K 33
When a face Azriel wished he could forget ends up half dead on the edge of Velaris, questions arise about their dark past. Especially when she posses...
90.2K 3.9K 96
She sent as much love as she dared, hoping he wouldn't feel it, praying he wouldn't link it to her. But just for that one second, she let herself lov...
36.2K 1.3K 25
'Don't you know that we bleed the same?' Azriel x oc °•▪︎♤▪︎•° Rayna, haunted by her past, found refugee in the mortal realm. There, a strong bond...
58.2K 1.3K 17
Azriel, the spymaster of the Night Court, one of the most powerful Illyrians to walk Prythian. He was damaged, he was broken, and he thought himself...