Deadpool \\ Derek Hale [1]

By AintThatDevine

Names on a list with a price were all they were. Humanity was pushed out of importance; the lure of money lin... More

Disclaimer \\ Deadpool
Prologue
One \\ A Choppy Start to the Year
Two \\ A Poisonous Town
Three \\ High School Smells
Four \\ Banshee? Banshee.
Five \\ Wolf, Wolf, Fox
Six \\ Deaton to the Rescue
Seven \\ Without A Trace
Eight \\ Beacon Hills: A History
Nine \\ The Lookout Point
Ten \\ Survivors Guilt
Eleven \\ "Oh Right. Her."
Twelve \\ Meet the Pack
Fourteen \\ A Little Toasty
Fifteen \\ Death Defying
Sixteen \\ Devenford
Seventeen \\ Getting Bored
Eighteen \\ Tensions
Nineteen \\ Intentionality
Twenty \\ Certain Sensors
Twenty-One \\ Payment Denied
Twenty-Two \\ Fated
Twenty-Three \\ Fancy Kraft Dinner
Twenty-Four \\ 24
Twenty-Five \\ Caitlyn
Twenty-Six \\ The Old People
Twenty-Seven \\ Moving Day
Twenty-Eight \\ Boxers
Twenty-Nine \\ I Asked Nicely
Thirty \\ What Three Things?
Thirty-One \\ All For Power
Epilogue \\ Three Months Later
Much Love \\ Sequel

Thirteen \\ The Alpha is Dead

30.2K 1.1K 374
By AintThatDevine

Thirteen \\

"Why aren't we telling them?" Liam glanced between Scott and Stiles, the adults officially gone and well out of ear shot.

Kira was in the room over, on the phone with her mother as her friends began to put the plans meant for the next day into motion.

"Dakoda can't be there," Lydia said, getting up from the sofa. "I'm going to my lakehouse. Keep me posted when you have time."

"Be careful." Stiles waved, Lydia pulling on her jacket before leaving. "Okay, look." He spoke once the door shut, "Scott is only second on the list. If Koda is there, the desire for Scott won't be as much if someone could get her money too. It has to be now and it has to be without them."

"My mom's on her way." Kira came into the room, only four of them left.

"I'm gonna go to Argent," Stiles said. "I'll meet you at the hospital." He looked to Scott, putting a hand on his shoulder. "You're going to be all right."

Scott hugged Stiles, hanging on to him. "I'll see you soon, okay?"

Stiles and Scott parted, reluctant to go out of each other's sight.

"This'll work, Stiles." Kira told him, the boy in plaid lingering in the doorway.

Stiles lightly nodded, taking another look at Scott before leaving the McCall house.

"I still think this is a terrible idea," Liam said after a moment, "We need them." He looked to Scott, "And y'know the whole death thing."

"Koda's whole pack died, Liam. I think she can take a breather on this one," Scott replied. "And I'm going to be fine."

"She's here," Kira said, looking up from her phone. "She said we need somewhere you can lay down."

"We can go to my room," he offered, Noshiko coming through the front door. When she nodded, the four proceeded upstairs.

"Get comfortable," Noshiko told Scott, taking the opposite side of Kira as the alpha got onto his bed.

Liam paced a little, "Are you guys totally sure about this?"

"I think Liam's kind of nervous," Kira noted. "Maybe you should tell him it's going to be all right."

Scott watched Kira, able to sense she was nervous too. "It's gonna be all right."

"So," Liam said to Mrs. Yukimura. "you've done this before, right?"

Noshiko hesitated, "I've seen it done."

Liam softly stuttered as he spoke, "Is that just as good?"

"No."

"Mom." Kira quickly jumped in, "You're not inspiring confidence."

"Good," Noshiko replied. "This is a terrible idea."

"Do you want us to do it without you?"

The room grew a little tense, but Mrs. Yukimura complied with her daughter's insane plan.

"Put your hand over his heart."

As Kira did what she was instructed to do, it was Scott who got nervous.

Scott grabbed onto Kira's hand, "Hold on." He sat up a little, looking to Noshiko. "What happens while I'm out? Am I gonna feel anything?"

"It might feel like you're dreaming."

"Good dreams or bad?" Scott asked, still skeptical.

"I suppose that depends on you."

Scott sighed, laying back down with his heart thumping in his chest.

Kira recieved a nod from her mother, taking in a deep breath as she reached out again. Placing her hand over his heart, she filled the room with sparks.

And Scott McCall was dead.

\\

The last thing Dakoda could do was sleep.

She laid in Derek's bed, alone and wide awake. She rolled her moon pendant necklace in her fingers, looking at it absently.

There was a teenage ghost haunting her, a deadpool she was worth 30 million dollars on, nearly her whole pack was dead and it was impossible to sleep with Derek by himself across the room.

Koda climbed out of the bed, in sleep shorts and an old shirt from Easton High that she was almost postive used to be Derek's. She crossed the loft barefoot, her hair loosely wavy and hanging down her shoulders messily.

Derek slept in an uncomfortable looking postion on the blue sofa, but it was the blood Koda could smell that alarmed her.

Koda crouched down, trying to be discrete. Carefully she lifted up his shirt, her eyebrows furrowing. The wound from the arrow earlier hadn't done anything to heal.

Before she could react, Derek grabbed both of her hands with his eyes still shut.

Dakoda sighed, swearing with inward annoyance as she was caught.

Derek turned his head over, "What're you doing?"

"Maybe I wanted to see what brand your shirt was."

"Mm." Derek's tone alone called her out on bullshit, but she got to do the same.

"Why aren't you healing?"

Derek glanced down to it for a moment, "Some wounds take longer."

"Not for people like us," Dakoda replied, watching him carefully. "So what's going on?"

Derek slowly slid his hands from hers, almost not wanting to let go. "Maybe I'm just tired." Trying to get the subject dropped, he shifted over as if he were about to sleep again.

"Derek," Koda never gave up that easily, "show me your eyes."

He made no move to turn over, "You just saw them."

"I'm not stupid. Show me your real eyes." She reached out, softly touching his arm.

Derek hesitantly turned over as Koda retracted her touch. He stared up at the ceiling before looking to her.

And nothing happened.

Dakoda bit her tongue, realizing what it was.

No healing, no eyes.

No werewolf.

"You're human." Koda knew it made sense. "Kate?"

Derek made an attempt to sit up, but Koda stopped him. "What are you doing?"

"I'm exceptional at healing," Dakoda said, her voice soft and sweet like it had always been at night with him. She pulled up the hem of his shirt, "You're bleeding through it." She placed a hand over the wound, careful not to touch it.

Derek watched her, her blue eyes flaring to a minty green. He didn't even notice she'd healed him. She was far too distracting.

"Derek?" Koda lifted an eyebrow, "Derek?" She drew out his name a little longer, trying to grasp his attention.

He came back, hearing her softly laugh.

"I asked if you were going to change your shirt. There's blood on yours."

Derek hesitated, getting up from the sofa. He felt his lower stomach as Koda stood back up, "How can you heal other people?"

"Comes with the eyes, I suppose," she lightheartedly said, holding eye contact with Derek for a moment before he went to get a clean shirt. She walked over to the table absently, even farther away from tired than she was before. "So it's everything?"

"Smell, speed, hearing." Derek pulled on a gray vneck, coming back over to her.

"Strength?" Koda leaned halfly on the table, eyes on him.

"I can still fight."

She got an idea, placing her elbow on the table. She smiled lightly, wiggling her fingers. "Are you scared?"

"You've still got wolf strength," he replied, "I hardly think it's fair."

"I know how to not use my excessive strength." Fluttering her eyelashes, she beckoned him to arm wrestle her.

"Well you did pretend not to be a wolf the entire time I knew you, so..." Derek leaned down, putting his arm at an angle and meeting hand with hers.

"Ouch," Dakoda said, gripping his hand. "But I guess I did deserve that." Their eyes met, "Ready?"

Only half compliant, Derek gave her a nod.

"One, two, three-" Before she could get on with an actual win, she pulled a trick and had his arm to the table with little effort.

Derek was flustered, "You cheated."

"Against the supernatural, that's what humans have to do to survive." She glanced to the bag she'd brough in from her car that was at the foot of the bed. "I have an idea." She she went to her bag and crouched next to it. "Satomi knew that the lunar eclipse was a dangerous thing for wolves. No only do we rely on our strength, but we don't know how to fight in terms where we can win without it."

Derek held out his arms when she turned around with a new item in hand. "What in the hell is that?"

"It's a .45 magnum." Koda walked back over to the table, holding it out to him.

"I don't like guns."

"That's because you never learned how to use one." Dakoda took his hand and place the gun in it.

"Or because i've been shot. Repeatedly."

"Oh boo hoo, Hale," she retorted, "Aren't you supposed to be a man?"

Derek flatly glared at her, "Are you going to teach me how to use this or what?"

Koda grinned a little, "Easy tiger. You have to know more than how to pull a trigger. You need distance with these things. Someone with a knife could gut you before you could fire off a single round." She took a few steps back. "Go, do it."

Derek hesitated, sighing a little. Taking in a breath, he raised the gun.

But Koda was faster, bending back his hand and taking the gun from him.

Derek made wincing noise, "Ow - ow, yeah okay."

"Try again." Dakoda put the gun back in his grasp before retreating.

Derek cracked his neck first, trying to do his motions quicker than before.

Koda was already there, the .45 in her possession.

"I want to try again."

She smirked, handing the gun to him. "I can do this all night."

Derek grabbed the band of her plaid bottoms, hooking his thumb into them and pulling her to him.

There was a tenseness to the room, little space between them.

Quickly, he kissed her.

Dakoda responded inclined, parting when she felt the metal barrel against her stomach. She moved her eyes from his lips up to his eyes, "You cheated."

"That's how you win," Derek said, a smirk in his voice.

Koda's witty responses were slipping away, her hand taking the gun from him and putting it on the table without moving from her close proximity to him.

Derek put a hand on her neck with the other on her waist, pressing his mouth to hers with a severe longing.

Koda grabbed his shoulders, running her hand up into his hair as she molded her mouth to his. She pulled lightly on his bottom lip with her teeth as his hands traveled down past her hips.

Derek gripped her thighs, pulling her off of the ground. Her legs wrapped around his torso as he turned them, still attached at the lips. He shoved clear the table, setting her down a little roughly and putting his hands on her waist.

Dakoda grabbed the collar of his shirt, tearing it from his body in two shredded pieces and letting it fall to the ground.

"Hey, I liked that shirt."

"Oh, shut up, Hale."

Laughing and utterly in love, they made up for the six years they'd spent apart.

And it was about God damn time, too.

-Finally. So, sorry on the delay in new chapters but I'm working on it. I'm about to go on spring break so that should give me some extra work time - Mel xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

277K 6K 33
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
90.9K 1.9K 18
Just a bunch of oneshot stories that come to mind featuring our crybaby hero and his harem. characters do not belong to me they belong to Ken Wakui.
564K 20.8K 34
When two souls endure enough devastation to bring the world to its end, they do the unexpected. They s u r v i v e. [BUCKY BARNES] ...
1.5M 48.8K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...