Being the players maid

Por Undercover0608

Sixteen-year old Jessica Preston has her ups and downs. Ups she lives with one of the richest family's in the... Más

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2

Chapter 3

14.4K 232 56
Por Undercover0608

"Do you need help miss" A women wearing the ugliest floor length cream cardigan and largest glasses in the world, rips the small blue sheet of paper from my hands. I open my mouth to reply, but before I can say anything she motions for me to follow and marches down the halls. A small glance down at my watch and I realise I'm almost a whole 10 minutes late to my first class. Normally my over achieving side would kill me for being this late to anything, especially on my first day. But something about this place, the beautiful dark oak walls, unusual decoration kept my mind far to occupied.

A couple rights and lefts later we are brought to a sudden halt , Mrs Ugly sweater stops in front of a huge wooden door and snaps me back to reality . She motions at the door and whisks away without another word. "oh uh, my schedule"  but she's already too far away to hear me. This day just keeps getting better. Grumbling I grab the door handle and push inside "And this is why the war..." everyone stops and stares. Maybe I should have knocked first. I can feel the heat creeping up my neck flooding my cheeks as I notice the thousand pairs of eyes staring at me. Ok maybe not thousands, but I don't do crowds, and when they tell you to just imagine everyone in their underwear it doesn't work. I repeat it doesn't work!

"Uh Miss Patterson, correct" too consumed by the stares I just nod. I have never been much of a public speaker, people and crowds really aren't my thing, "Get a little lost did we, Go take a seat next to Miss Abby and i'm sure she can help you catch up to speed" Scrambling to my seat, too eager to get the eyes of everyone in this room off me. A couple wolf whistle from a group of boys in the back makes my face burn, making me want to disappear anywhere but here. A couple glares from the girls on their right and i've finally reached my seat. Im not use to being the centre of attention, all my life I have been told to be invisible.

"Hey don't worry about them, they're asshats" I turn to look at the petite girl on my left, away from the stares of everyone. She looks sweet her long brown hair wrapped high in a bun and her soft eye seem friendly as she slides closer to me to share her text book "Im Abby by the way" As she moves closer the smell of sweet coconut fills my nose. "Wow what perfume are you wearing" Giggling she turns to face me.

"That my friend would be sweat and fake tan" i can feel my cheeks turn an even brighter, shade of red I look back down at the text book determined not to make eye contact with anyone for the rest of the lesson. Good job Jess, you could at least pretend you not a total weirdo for one day.

Abby tried her best to make small talk with me, asking me questions every chance she got, they ranged from where was i born too if I preferred a guys abs or ass. I had to lie most questions, truth be told I've never had someone so interested in my life. I wasn't even sure if I liked vanilla or chocolate ice cream better, let alone if I liked a guys ass better then his abs. The more she talked the more I realised how, pardan my french, fucking awful my life was. I was almost 18 and the most I had gotten to any sort of freedom was being here, sitting in a classroom of  thirty really loud and obnoxious teenagers, who stink by the way. Never been aloud to date, much less have any form of a hobby. Then what turned to a pleasant escape of answering stupid questions, made me angry, so angry i swear you could see the smoke trying to escape from my ears. Relief flushed through me when Mr King demanded everyones attention back to the bored.

Thirty very boring minutes of listening to Mr king  argue with a boy sitting in the front row about which war movie would be better to write our next assignment on Dunkirk or Greyhound. Personally I think Dunkirk, getting graded to watch Harry Styles for an hour straight I think yes. A  small knock at the door steals my attention back from my Harry Styles fantasy and right back into this very boring history lesson. Mr King flicks his eyes burning hole into Mrs Ugly sweater who has now appeared at the door. I small smiles creeps onto my face, with the little experience I have on schools and learning, I have never met a teacher this passionate about history, not even in the extensive movie and tv show research i did.

"I believe this is yours" She hurries to my desk, her face turning a very bright shade of red she places down the tiny blue timetable she had stolen from me earlier. With a small smile she hurries out the room.  Well now i feel bad for insulting her sweater. Thank god for her timing, not even five minute later the bell fills the air and students are hurrying to their next classes. 

-----------------------------

The day went by quick with the help of Abby and her new friends who I met at lunch. Grace, she didn't talk much, her green eyes fixated on her book while her black hair drapped around, creating almost a shield from everyone around her, I felt that.  Next to her was Molly, Molly was the polar opposite to grace. Her blonde hair was curled into loose waves bouncing along as her gloated about her football star boyfriend, her bright blue eyes sparkling with every word.  Last there was lily, she was almost a mix of the two, her brown hair ran straight down her back, while she too had her head fixed on her laptop righting up a some research paper on ocean life, but unlike Grace she still gossiped and messed around with the rest of the group. "Sooooo Jess, why exactly did you transfer so late in the year. Almost seems like theres no point with only one year left" Uh shit where was I from again, shit um "Uh yea um" and almost like a god sent, a really attractive, ignorant god sent. Their attention is at the entrance of the cafeteria, where Jayden and the rest of his hot annoying friends strolled in. 

They scanned the room for a table big enough for group, Jaydens eyes land on me and he just stares and a smirk appears on his face. I look to my left and Molly is standing up waving her arms frantically trying to get the attention of the group. Oh for god sakes, I break my eye contact with Jayden and see the guys standing to his right a smile spread on his face and he leads the group to our table. They scatter themselves around the table. Jayden slammed his tray down next to me. "New girl hey" He twists himself to look at me. "Name" I raise my eyebrow up at him, what is he doing. We literally live in the same house. Just this morning he was screaming at me because I missed a spot cleaning his bathroom. Oh the look on that bastards face when I had to clean that damn bathroom from top to bottom AGAIN, while we both new there was nothing there. He insisted he needed to supervise, since I apparently can't do anything properly. 

"Jessica ands she's from Ohio, play nice" Grace warns as she turns her attention back to her food. His hand flies up to his heart, in a shocked tone he exclaims  "Me, not play nice. when do I not play nice, Im always nice" Graces ever so slightly lifts her gaze to meet his and glares. "Ok i surrender I'll play nice" with his hands up in the air with a 'please i'm innocent' gesture he turns his attention back to me. 

"So Jessica from Ohio, what brings you too this god awful place, last year of school at that" the smirk on his face is a sure sign he wants to know exactly how far I plan to go with this fake bullshit back story before I messed up, and I was in no mood to give him anymore satisfaction today. "Moved here for my fathers new job" There easy simple. Im from a small house in Ohio and I moved her because my darling father go offered a better job, with more money, a better life. Oh yea I wish.

"Boyfriend, just want to know what competition i'm up against" My turn to raise en eyebrow. Not even twenty minutes he.. "Although blonde whores aren't really my style, but who knows maybe you can change that" the table stills and there eyes glance at the two of us "What did you just say to me" Before I even think twice my black current juice is dripping from his know purple hair and his once white shirt has a lovely purple stain. Ignoring the death rays he's sending my way I throw the bottle in his lap and leap out of my seat, making a bee line straight for the for the door. I faintly hear a male voice mutter a 'not cool dude" as i rush out the cafeteria, and a couple small laughs as Jayden attempts to wipe the lovely new stain out of his new white shirt. For a second I was normal, just a girl dealing with a disgusting obnoxious pig. Then I realised what I did. I'm screwed. He was effectively my boss and I just poured a bottle of juice all over him. Im not just screwed, Im dead, so very dead. I could be kicked out I could lose my job. Trying my best to calm my breathing, just the way James had taught me, in through your nose out through your mouth. Why was the bloody school such a maze, it took me a solid twenty minutes before I found the damn bathroom. 

Using the mirror I did my best attempt to fix the mascara tears running down my face. Then the embarrassment regret turned to anger. What is his problem! What on earth did I do to him! I was there first, if he really hated being around me that much he could have picked a different seat better yet just picked a whole knew table.

------

The day was a blur after my very dramatic first lunch experience. I know in all the movies and books I have read, everything dramatic always happens in the cafeteria, but I don't think I can survive the rest of the year having food fight with Jayden every day.

"Are you sure you don't want a lift home, this town is only so big. Im sure you can't be too far away from me. It's no problem really" Abby had been trying to convince me to let her give me a ride home for the past twenty minutes. "No seriously its ok, I kind of want to just been alone for a while. With a house with three other siblings" Not a complete lie, but more so because i'll be spending my evening re cleaning Jaydens bathroom for the third time today. Then attempt to get through this giant homework pile all my teachers decided to give me. With a reluctant sigh she agree and we all turn to go our separate ways. The walk to the bus stop was exactly what I needed, earphones in blaring my guilty pleasure playlist, and alone.

Im sprung out of my day dream when a strong hand grips my shoulder and spins me around. Before I could speak. My nostrils fill with a mix of sandalwood and mint and my stomach drops "Well isn't this a surprise I didn't think I would see you till you got home"

"Brandon, what are you doing here"

--------------------

Hey!!!!

Heres another little chapter of my rewrite of being the players maid. Im not very good at posting regularly but I hope people are still interested in the story!

Lots of love,

Mordi x

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

40.7M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...