Something Sweeter - Alec Volt...

By mandy-beau

[ #1 in Vampire ] [ #3 in Twilight ] Violet Forsythe and her family were crowded into the depths of a beautif... More

Title
I. Volterra
II. Escape
III. Answers
IV. Night Terror
V. Solid Ground
VI. The Girl
VII. Forks
VIII. Distraction
IX. La Push
X. Arrival
XI. Boundaries
XII. Audience
XIII. Stipulations
XIV. Sisters
XV. Normalcy
XVI. Hazard
XVII. Education
XVIII. Progress
XIX. Feelings
XX. Cinema
XXI. Talent
XXII. Gifted
XXIII. Beau
XXIV. Dilemma
XXV. Discord
XXVI. Impact
XXVII. Fault
XXVIII. Circles
XXIX. Dinner
XXX. Parallels
XXXI. Epiphany
XXXII. Family
XXXIII. Lifestyle
XXXIV. Slumber
XXXV. Love
XXXVI. Complication
XXXVII. Intention
XXXVIII. Reprieve
XXXIX. Morning
XL. Afternoon
XLI. Night
XLII. Threshold
XLIII. Hell
XLIV. Savior
XLV. Madness
XLVI. Birds & Bees
XLVII. Weak Link
XLVIII. The Truth
XLIX. Hurts
L. Alone
LI. Threat
LII. Terminal
LIII. Fortitude
LIV. Gone
LX. Chase
LVI. Altercation
thank you
In Bloom

LVII. Adieu

1.6K 43 14
By mandy-beau

I found myself back in the glorious ballroom.

I recognized the large sconces that lined the walls, and the awe inspiring chandelier above me.

Unlike before, I was the only person in the room.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and smiled; it was Alec. I was absolutely stunned by his alluring beauty. My heart swelled; it felt like ages since the last time we'd crossed paths.

I parted my lips to speak, but Alec gently pulled me into his arms and kissed me, slow and passionately. Tears silently rolled down my cheeks as music began to play; the same indescribably beautiful piece from before.

"Violet," he sighed as he pulled his face away from mine. He gazed down at me lovingly, his eyes brimming with deep affection.

I was speechless. Breathless.

I missed him desperately.

I would never let him go again. I simply couldn't bear it.

I studied his face in wonder, drinking in his features. I never wanted to forget; the soft shape of his lips, the deep, rich crimson of his eyes, the subtle gold in his brunette hair.

The warmth in my heart seeped through my chest and glided upward, welling in my throat. The heat began to escalate, until it had become uncomfortable. I threw my hands up and cupped my neck in distress. I looked up at Alec; he looked back with curious amusement.

I looked down at my lovely gown and was appalled to find that it was covered in blood. I pressed my hands against my throat more tightly and felt my fingers slip into a depression in the skin. It felt unnaturally hot and wet.

I pulled my hands away from my neck, discovering that they were coated in blood.

My blood.

Petrified, I looked back up at Alec as blood poured out of the gaping wound in my neck, but he wouldn't move to help. Gasping for breath, I stumbled backward and collapsed before fading to black.

I shuddered back to consciousness in a sterile, brightly lit room. I ached all over and I was constricted by an assortment of tubes and wires. I moaned and groggily attempted to swat them away. Before I could inflict any damage, however, a nurse hurried into the room to stop me.

"Where am I?" I asked with deep concern.

"You're in the hospital," the nurse said soothingly.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Sit tight. Dr. Cullen will be in here to speak to you momentarily," she instructed me.

I narrowed my eyes, but Carlisle entered the room before I could protest.

"Thank you, Sophia," Carlisle smiled at the nurse.

"No problem," she said, blushing, before scurrying out of the room.

Carlisle and I waited quietly until the metal door clicked securely closed.

"How bad is it?" I asked, skipping pleasantries.

"You're going to be okay," he assured me with an encouraging smile. "You sustained a pretty deep scratch down the left side of your face and across your neck and chest, but it's stitched up and healing nicely."

"Thank you," I said with sincerity. "How did I get here?"

"Renesmee and Edward found you in the woods. Edward brought you back to the house, where I treated your injuries," he informed me.

"But I'm in the hospital," I observed.

"My family needs time alone to mourn."

"Mourn?" I repeated dumbly.

"Jacob received a fatal blow to the throat. There was nothing we could do to save him."

"Oh," I said mutely. I was stunned. I knew I hurt him, but I didn't think I killed him.

"You just need to give Renesmee some time," Carlisle clarified.

"I didn't do it on purpose, I swear," I gushed. "She has to know that. I didn't mean to do it! He was going to kill me!"

"I know, I understand," Carlisle said, shushing me.

"I need to talk to her," I pleaded.

"She's deeply hurt. She isn't ready to speak to you, Violet. Give it time."

I sat silently for a long moment. "What about...?"

"A local kid, Liam Henderson, was killed in Seattle over the weekend. He was stabbed in a mugging. The tragedy has shaken the whole community," Carlisle said. He delivered his lines so smoothly that I almost believed him, myself.

"Thank you," I said softly.

"No need to thank me, Violet. Just focus on recuperating," he insisted with a kind smile. "You're in good hands."

* * *

I spent a week in the hospital before I was ready to be discharged. My stitches were removed, although my scar was still bright and angry. It began an inch in front of my left ear and ran down the edge of my face, continuing diagonally across my neck and extending past my collar bone. That hellish day would never fade from my memory. One look in the mirror was all it took to trigger it; as fresh and vibrant as if it had happened yesterday.

After I left the hospital, I went straight back to the cottage to pack my bags. I was barred from visiting the main house and I wasn't allowed to contact Renesmee, so I didn't try. At the end of the day, Jacob had imprinted on Renesmee and their bond was incredibly unique, no matter the state of their relationship. I was unsure if Renesmee would ever be able to forgive me, but I didn't have a good feeling about it.

Carlisle informed me that I was welcome to take anything I wanted, including the Jeep, but as I packed I realized that I hadn't acquired much during my time in Forks. Everything I owned fit into a single suitcase, which would easily fit in the trunk of my car.

I was officially at rock bottom. I had no family, no friends, no boyfriend, no income, and no place to live. I didn't even have a high school diploma. I lost everything. I didn't know where I would go or what I would do, but I knew I had to get out of town as soon as possible. I had absolutely overstayed my welcome.

I haphazardly shoved my clothes into my suitcase before entering the bathroom to collect my toiletries. I carelessly tossed everything in a large plastic bag and returned to the bedroom. I was just about to toss the bag on top of my open suitcase when a curious thought crossed my mind.

I rummaged through the bag for the half empty can of dry shampoo and tossed it on my bed. Then I crouched down next to the bed and reached under to pull out a different plastic bag. I checked it's contents.

Two cans of dry shampoo, tampons, a box of condoms, a tube of mascara, and a Bic outdoor lighter.

I dumped the contents of the bag on the bed and went to rummage in my backpack, which lay on the other side of the room, by the door. Once I found what I was looking for, a black Sharpie, I returned to the bed, and sat criss-cross next to the assortment of items.

I picked up one of the cans of dry shampoo and studied the label.

Flammable

I uncapped the Sharpie marker and labeled each of the three cans.

Mother          Father          Brother

A light smile touched my lips as I admired my handiwork.

I tucked the cans back into the bag, along with the rest of the items, and shoved it into the bottom of my suitcase.

I loved Alec with my whole heart, more than what I ever could properly express, and I missed him so bad that it hurt. But I didn't need him.

And I certainly didn't need him to make me a monster. I could do that all on my own.

I wanted Alec. I was choosing him, and I craved to follow him back to Italy.

Because true love was oh, so sweet, but vengeance was much sweeter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.5K 1.3K 49
𝙈𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙡𝙮𝙣 𝘾𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙨, 𝙗𝙤𝙧𝙣 𝙅𝙪𝙣𝙚 17.1549. She had a hard life but she survived everything that had happened, but when she gets a pho...
678K 19.2K 80
*Twilight series fanfiction* *Set after Breaking Dawn It has been a few months since the last encounter between the Cullens and the Volturi. Life has...
506K 13.4K 51
Eli lived a pretty normal life, that was until she discovered the existence of vampires. Now she has to face her own demons, and come to terms with h...
113K 2K 25
Cecily Cullen is one of the original Cullen children. Meaning she was the first. Carlisle found her in 1705 when she was 16 and kicked out for her de...