Betrayal of the Black

By -beths

- UNEDITED The Boy Who Lived, The Chosen One, Harry James Potter. When Harry discovered that Sirius Black was... More

cast
playlist
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
chapter sixty-nine
epilogue

thirty-six

30.4K 1K 1.3K
By -beths

SOMEONE PRESSED THEIR HAND OVER her mouth and she jerked awake. She clawed at the persons hand. For one horrifying, frantic moment, she thought she was back at the house with Moody and Lupin.

But then her dorm room came into focus, and someone was pressing their lips to her ear. "Relax, darling. It's just me."

Instantly, her muscles untensed. Theo removed her hand from her face, and came into her view in the dark of the room.

"What are you doing here?" Celestia whispered. "How are you here?"

"No time to explain. Death Eaters have infiltrated the school, and I have no doubt the Order will be arriving soon," he whispered back. "I think Draco's at the Astronomy Tower."

That had her jumping out of the bed. She was only dressed in a short nightgown, the pendant of her necklace cold against her throat.

"What do you mean? He did it without telling either of us?" she hissed.

He didn't respond straight away, staring up at her from where he was perched on the edge of her bed. She tugged at the ends of her hair and resisted the urge to begin pacing.

"Bloody hell, he told me a couple weeks ago that he was close to finishing whatever it was but I thought he'd tell me when," said Celestia.

"Put on a cloak. We need to go make sure he doesn't get himself killed," decided Theo.

"You don't have to tell me twice," she answered.

Kneeling down, she opened her trunk as quickly and as quietly as possible. She pulled out one of her many cloaks and pulled it around her body. Theo was holding the door to the dorm room opening, waiting for her. Hurriedly, she pushed her feet into a random pair of shoes.

She didn't follow him out of the room straight away. Instead, she went over to her nightstand and pulled out both her wand, and the dagger that Theo had given her a couple weeks ago.

Sliding them into her pockets, she finished buttoning up the rest of her cloak simultaneously while she walked. Theo followed after her as they began making their way out of the common room.

Neither of them talked while they made their way out of the dungeons. The castle was too silent. The halls were empty and dark, seeing as it was far after curfew.

Worry coursed through her veins, the silence digging into her. Theo was a constant presence by her side, reminding her that she wasn't doing this alone.

They had yet to see any signs of Death Eaters, or members of the Order. There weren't even any signs of a possible fight having occurred, or one possibly coming. It made every one of her hairs stand on end.

Finally, they reached the bottom of the Astronomy Tower. They began the long trek up the stairs, their footfalls near silent against the stones. She hoped that Draco was actually up there, and that they weren't making the journey up for nothing.

Anxiously, she reached up and touched her necklace through her cloak. She had worn it nearly every day since Kreacher had given it to her, but usually she remembered to take it off before she slept.

It was when they were three quarters up that they began to hear the murmur of voices. They began moving quicker, but still quiet enough in case it wasn't Draco.

"They met some of your guards. They're having a fight down below. They won't be long... I came on ahead. I—I've got a job to do."

"Well, then, you must get on and do it, my dear boy."

It was definitely both Draco and Dumbledore. Celestia didn't bother keeping her footsteps quiet as she ran the rest of the way up the staircase.

Pushing the door open to the top of the tower, she found her cousin and the headmaster. Relief flooded through her when she saw that Draco was okay.

In fact, he seemed more than okay. He was pointing his wand at Dumbledore, his hand shaking slightly. Dumbledore stood disarmed, his wand discarded on the floor by Celestia's feet. She picked it up in case he tried to do any wandless magic to get it back.

"Sweet cousin, what do you think you're doing?" Celestia demanded.

"I can handle this, Celeste. Go back to bed, no one has to know that you were here," said Draco, his gaze not straying from the headmaster.

She scoffed. "If you think I'm going to leave, you're out of your mind."

Celestia moved to stand beside her cousin. She slipped her wand out of her pocket, and pointed it at Dumbledore as well for good measure.

"Don't do this, Draco," said Albus.

"Don't do this? It's already too late for this, Dumbledore. You don't know what I've done and what I will do," Draco replied.

"Oh yes, I do," said Dumbledore mildly. "You almost killed Katie Bell and Ronald Weasley. You have been trying, with increasing desperation, to kill me all year. Forgive me, Draco, but they have been feeble attempts; I truly wonder whether your heart has been really in it."

"You don't know what you're talking about. My heart—"

Celestia turned to face her cousin and placed her hands on her hips. "Seriously, Dray, taking credit for my work now, are you?"

Her cousin slanted her a look. "Not the time."

She was cut off from her rebuttal when somewhere in the depths of the castle there was a muffled yell. She looked over to see Theo leaning against the doorframe to the Astronomy Tower, who'd just been glancing down the stairwell.

"Somebody is putting up a good fight," said Dumbledore conversationally. "But you were saying, yes, you have managed to introduce Death Eaters into my school, which, I admit, I thought impossible... How did you do it?"

"Yes, why don't you share with the class, Draco?" asked Celestia.

He'd somehow managed to keep it a secret for the past couple months. It had infuriated her, but she'd forced herself not to push him on the subject. Though, now that Dumbledore had asked, and Draco had planned on doing this alone, she wasn't going to hold back.

She instantly felt bad for asking. He looked as though he was fighting down the urge to either shout, or to vomit. He gulped and took several deep breaths, glaring at Dumbledore, his wand pointing directly at the latter's heart.

Then, as though he could not help himself, he said, "I had to mend that broken Vanishing Cabinet that no one's used for years. The one Montague got lost in last year."

Dumbledore's sigh was half a groan. He closed his eyes for a moment. "That was clever. There is a pair, I take it?"

"In Borgin and Burkes," said Draco, "and they make a kind of passage between them. Montague told me that when he was stuck in the Hogwarts one, he was trapped in limbo but sometimes he could hear what was going on at school, and sometimes what was going on in the shop, as if the cabinet was traveling between them, but he couldn't make anyone hear him..."

He paused for a breath.

"In the end, he managed to Apparate out, even though he'd never passed his test. He nearly died doing it. Everyone thought it was a really good story, but I was the only one who realized what it meant — even Borgin didn't know — I was the one who realized there could be a way into Hogwarts through the cabinets if I fixed the broken one."

Celestia remembered the story well. Montague had been apart of Umbridge's Inquisitorial Squad, and on his first morning break on his first day as a member, he tried to take House points from Fred and George Weasley, but the twins had shoved him into the Vanishing Cabinet before he could finish speaking.

Montague had told them all the story again and again, especially the Quidditch team as he'd been apart of them until that year. Celestia had never given the cabinet a second thought, especially not as a way to travel in and out of Hogwarts. Having said that, clearly her cousin had been smarter than her in this case.

"Very good," murmured Dumbledore. "So the Death Eaters were able to pass from Borgin and Burkes into the school to help you... A clever plan, a very clever plan"

"Yeah," said Draco, who bizarrely seemed to draw courage and comfort from Dumbledore's praise. "Yeah, it was!"

She had to fight the urge to look at her cousin. He was a mess. She'd never seen him like this before.

His hair was mussed, the top buttons of his shirt undone, dark bags under his eyes contrasting his pale skin. Next to her hand, his wand shook faintly as they both continued to point their wands at their headmaster.

Dumbledore's feet slipped slightly, almost as if he could no longer hold himself upright. Celestia narrowed her eyes at the motion. There was another yell from below, rather louder than the last.

"There is little time," said Dumbledore. "So why don't we discuss our options?"

"Our options? To me, it looks like you're about to die, so what options could you possibly have?" Celestia said.

Dumbledore shook his head, and it looked like it took him a great deal of effort to do so. "Years ago, I knew two children who made all the wrong choices. Don't let this be another one of those. Please, let me help you."

"Wrong choices? I fail to see what wrong choices you may be talking about," she said. "Are you talking about second year, when I cursed the Gryffindors for calling me a slag? I think I had every right. Or are we talking about third year, when I was beat like a filthy muggle until I was black and blue, so I threw them down the Grand Staircase? I don't think I was in the wrong there either."

"You're no killer, Celestia," stated Dumbledore.

She shrugged. "Give a person a good enough of a target, and anyone becomes a killer."

"I have to disagree. I know what happened that night at the Ministry. You had your father at wand-point, you had the opportunity to kill him. You didn't," he said.

"Sirius had just told me he preferred his godson to his daughter, and called me a punishment, and abominable. Forgive a girl if she was a little emotional." She cocked her head to the side and raised her wand higher.

There was a bang and shouts from below, louder than ever; it sounded as though people were fighting on the actual staircase that led to where they stood.

"Come over to the right side, and we can hide you more completely than you can possibly imagine. What is more, I can send members of the Order to Narcissa tonight to hide her likewise. The Order can protect all of you... you are no killer."

There was a small thread inside of her that snapped; that had her lowering her wand to pull up the sleeves of her cloak. It revealed the Dark Mark marring her skin, but that was not what she was showing him.

"You think I could possibly join the Order after they had me chained up and tortured for ten days straight? That I could willingly bow to a boy who nearly killed me earlier this month?" she seethed.

The scars around her wrist seemed to glow in the light of the Dark Mark symbol that floated above the tower. They were still prominent, even months after she'd been tortured. The wounds hadn't been endured magically, and they had never had the chance to heal while she'd been in captivity; they had healed after time, but the scars would blemish her skin for the rest of her life.

Dumbledore's gaze glued to the upraised skin around her wrists. He didn't show any sign if he had known about her torture, nor no guilt or remorse.

"Even then. You don't have to kill me, Celestia," he said.

"You have a lot of nerve saying such a thing when I have my wand at your heart," Celestia retorted.

Draco's wand had lowered slightly like he had sensed the shift in the air. His stare now flickered between her and their headmaster. Celestia raised her wand again.

Footsteps echoed up from the stairwell, sounding closer than ever. Theo had moved from his position at the doorway to stand behind her; they didn't know if the people approaching were friend or foe. He was prepared for a fight.

"I reiterate, you are no murderer."

Then she felt it, just between her shoulder blades. She hadn't felt it when she first arrived, too pumped up on adrenaline and worry. But she felt it now. Knew it, without doubt. There was someone watching her, watching them.

There was only one person it could be, who would follow Dumbledore's words so blindly even as the man was faced with death.

"Oh yeah?" she drawled. The people on the stairway were not far at all now, they'd be moments away from smashing open the door. "You'd like to bet on that?"

"I would," said Dumbledore.

"It's too bad I can't get money from a dead man," she crooned. "Avada Kedavra!"

A jet of green light shot from the end of her wand and hit Dumbledore squarely in the chest. Draco visibly recoiled beside her as if he had not been expecting it. Dumbledore was blasted into the air. For a heartbeat, he seemed to hang suspended and then he fell slowly backward, like a great rag doll, over the battlements and out of sight.

There was a deathly silence for a moment before the door slammed open. Spilling out of the door came a small number of Death Eaters: Bellatrix, Greyback, the Carrow siblings, and lastly Snape.

Every single one of the Death Eaters stopped short, seeming to take in the scene before them. The last of the green light that is vanishing completely, the absence of Dumbledore but the still raised wand.

Bellatrix is the first to blink out of their stupor, and she dashed towards the battlements where Dumbledore had fallen moments ago. She gripped the edge of the rails, and looked over. A mix of astonishment, delight, and a flash of indignation swirled over her face.

"He's dead," Bellatrix declared, spinning around. "Albus Dumbledore is dead!"

Snape paled, like even after months of knowing that Dumbledore's death was coming, he couldn't really believe that the man was dead.

"Which one of you—?" barked Amycus Carrow.

"No time," said Snape hurriedly. "We must leave before the Order catches wind of this."

Draco was still frozen, staring at the spot where Dumbledore had been. Celestia lowered her wand to her side. She shivered in the cold, only now remembering she was wearing a nightgown under her cloak.

"Now," said Snape when none of them made a move to leave.

That spurred her out of the daze she'd been in. Celestia took one step back, and that footstep seemed to echo in her own ears. Snape seized Malfoy by the scruff of the neck and forced him through the door ahead of the rest.

Celestia followed back after them, and Theo pressed a hand to the small of her back as they hurried down the stairs.

Reaching the bottom of the spiral staircase, she instantly sneezed at the dust that was filling the dimly lit corridor. Half the ceiling seemed to havefallen in since they had entered the Astronomy Tower.

There was no time to muffle her sneezes or focus on the destroyed corridor because there was a horde of Order members waiting for them. Rapidly, streaks of light began to illuminate the hall.

Theo and Celestia fought shoulder to shoulder as if it were something they had done hundreds of time before. When one of them attacked, the other defended. The older Death Eaters were the main priority, but there was still a decent amount of spells that soared their way.

"It's over, time to go!" yelled Snape, disappearing around the corner at the far end of the corridor, unscathed.

Ginny was locked in a fight with Amycus, who seemed to be enjoying it immensely as Ginny dodged her hexes. Fenrir jumped to attack something behind them, and most of the Orders members became or stayed distracted.

"Go, now," said Theo quietly.

Together, they threw up one large Protection Charm behind them, and ran. They skirted around the corner, just in time to see Snape and Draco turn the corner. Neville was slumped against the wall and didn't spare them a glance.

They headed to escape out of the front doors, the way out through the Room of Requirement most likely blocked off. But she stopped at the top of the marble staircase.

Her heart pumped wildly in her chest as she came to a realisation. "Pansy — Blaise —"

"There's no time. It's best if they're not apart of this. We'll owl them as soon as we can," promised Theo.

He saw her hesitation, but there was no time for that, and he grabbed her hand and again they were running down the stairs.

The oak front doors had been blasted open, there were smears of blood on the flagstones, and several terrified students stood huddled against the walls, one or two still cowering with their arms over their faces. Neither of them spared the other students a glance.

Above them, where the hourglasses monitored each of their house points, the Gryffindor one had been broken with a curse. The rubies within were still clattering down to the floor below in a waterfall of red.

Exiting the castle, Snape and Malfoy were up ahead of them. Their feet crashed to the floor, racing after them to the gates where they would be able to Disapparate off of school grounds. Just earlier that month, they'd passed their Apparition licence with flying colours.

The cold bit at her, the night oddly cool for a spring night. Goosebumps rose on her skin, and wind caused her hair to tickle at her face after every step she took. Her cloak billowed around her almost dramatically.

There was suddenly a streak of light heading towards her, Theo, Draco, and Snape and she instinctively raised her wand. Snape yelled something, and another flash of light followed. She realised, belatedly, that Hagrid had exited his cabin and was trying to stop them from escaping.

Snape and Draco slowed ahead of them. Her wand was still raised and spells were shooting from the piece of wood. The moment she reached her proffesor, she was sandwiched between her cousin and Theo. Snape glanced at something over their shoulders.

"Get out of here. You know where to go. Run," ordered Snape.

None of them blinked as they began to fight there way towards the gates. Hagrid was hesitant to hurt them, and they used it to their advantage.

Side by side, they walked their way towards the gates of Hogwarts. She was still crammed between the two boys, their shoulders pressing against hers.

"Celestia, you get to the gates," said Theo, light blasting from the end of his wand.

"And abandon you guys? Nice joke," scoffed Celestia.

"We'll be right behind you," Draco said.

Three streaks of light hurtled across the area separating between them and Hagrid from their wands simultaneously, crashing into the large beam of magic that belonged to Hagrid.

The Carrow siblings burst through the doors of Hogwarts finally, and Bellatrix was already sprinting towards the three teenagers. She'd started firing her own spells at Hagrid as well, and now the four of them were fighting him off together.

They closed in on the gates, and Hagrid finally got distracted by the force of which Bellatrix was fighting him. Theo instantly had a hand wrapped around her upper arm and he forced her towards the gates.

She disney fight him this time, and her feet pounded harshly into the ground. Wind rushed loudly in her ears as they ran the last stretch to get out of Hogwarts.

They pushed against the cold, iron gates only once, and they knew its locked. To unlock the gates, they'd have to use the Unlocking Charm way too many times, or have a Professors unlock it for them; and Snape was more than a little preoccupied.

They couldn't afford any delays, and each of them knew that. Theo placed his hands on her hips and lifted her as high off of the ground as he could. Her feet found placement on the gate, and her hands wrapped around the iron bars. She doesn't waste time climbing the rest of way.

Iron clanked below her as the two boys began climbing up after her. She reached the top before jumping to the bottom on the opposite side. The impact caused her feet to burn, but she didn't allow the pain to settle before she was standing up again.

Short moments later, both Theo and Draco are crashing to the ground. Theo landed gracefully, Draco less so. Gravel had cut into her hands from when she had tried to take some of the impact of her fall off her feet, and she brushed them together to dust them off as small beads of blood began to blossom.

Theo's by her side the second he can stand properly. His hands cupped her face as he overlooked her body for any injuries. "Are you okay?"

She placed her hands over his, forcing him to meet her eyes. "I'm fine. We need to go."

"We've never Apparate'd that far," he said.

Her pulse hammered anxiously, and he would be able to tell if he moved his hands just slightly lower to her throat. Draco stumbled towards them.

She glanced over Theo's shoulder back towards the fray occurring at Hogwarts. Hagrid's cabin has been set ablaze, the fire roaring in the midst of the night. Snape and Bellatrix are silhouetted by orange while they run towards them.

"Okay. We wait then," replied Celestia.

The next twenty seconds were filled with dread. The three of them could do nothing but stare at the Death Eaters racing towards them. She wanted to Apparate back to the Malfoy Manor, but Theo was right; they had gotten their Apparition license weeks ago but had yet to travel further than one side of Hogsmeade to the other.

Snape raised his wand as they approached the iron gates, and they flung open. As simple as that. Seconds later, the two adults had arms wrapped the children.

"Prepare yourself," said Bellatrix.

Celestia wrapped her arm around her aunts, and the pounding in her heart didn't give her a chance to properly steel herself for the sickening trip.

Everything went black, and she was being pressed into hard from all directions. Hands wrapped around her lungs, and she couldn't breathe. Nausea churned her stomach, her eyeballs pressed back into her skull, her eardrums pulsed in her head.

Then, the Malfoy Manor driveway appeared before them. Celestia doubled over and began heaving. Theo pressed a hand on her back, pulling her hair away from her face.

"Into the manor," commanded Snape.

Theo helped her stand up, letting her lean heavily on him while the nausea began to subside. They began making their way down the length of the driveway, knowing that they shouldn't argue with Snape right now.

None of them spoke as the Carrow siblings Apparated shortly after them. Pushing open the doors to the manor, they're enveloped in warmth of the house.

The foyer felt crowded even though there was only six of them. Both Amycus and Alecto Carrow burst out with questions, speaking over one another.

Bellatrix cut them off with a hiss. "Quiet. You'll get your answers the same time as the Dark Lord."

Celestia pulled the cloak closer to her body despite the fact it covered all of her body. Theo still had a hand placed on her back, his thumb rubbing circles through the thick of the fabric.

"Can I—? Can I get changed? I'm only wearing a nightgown," she asked.

"Quickly, then. The Dark Lord does not like to be kept waiting," ushered Bellatrix.

With the blessing of Bellatrix, she did not waste time turning towards the staircase. She ran straight for her bedroom, having memorised the layout of the manor years ago.

Once she was in her room, she stripped herself of her cloak and nightgown. She didn't dress in anything fancy; didn't even bother putting on a bra. She threw one of the boys sweatshirts, and some random pair of night shorts.

As soon as she was changed, she barrelled out of her bedroom. She was surprised to find Theo pacing in the hall, but neither of them loitered, and neither of them spoke. They only rushed down the hall back towards the rest of the Death Eaters.

The Carrow siblings weren't waiting in the foyer when they returned, and nor was Snape. Draco was leaning against the wall breathing heavily, his eyes glazed over.

"Come. He just arrived. You're lucky," said Bellatrix. "No one has told him the news yet, but I expect he will want to speak to you three immediately."

Celestia only blinked at the older woman, and then nodded. Bellatrix smiled before spinning around towards the room where the Death Eater meetings usually took place.

Draco still leaned against the wall, appearing as if he had not heard a word Bellatrix had spoken. Celestia approached her cousin, tugging him after their aunt. They followed dutifully, and quietly.

Bellatrix pushed open the doors to the dining room. It was nothing like any previous Death Eater meeting. Usually, Voldemort's followers sat obediently around the table with the Dark Lord at the head. There would be utter silence, no one moving so much as a muscle in his presence.

This time was nothing like those. No one sat around the table. Even though none of them were outwardly speaking, it was as if the room was filled with noise. Feet tapped against the floor; legs jiggled; fingers tapped surfaces softly; looks were exchanged.

They all stood on the outskirts of the room, some reclining against the wall. People stood huddled together. Narcissa was tucked into Lucius, who looked tremendously different since they had last seen him. Hector stood next to Corban; Amycus and Carrow nearby.

Each and every single one of them, whether aware of the mission that had happened tonight or not, knew that something had shifted.

Voldemort only seemed slightly bothered by all of his subjects in the room acting like they were a herd of cows grazing a field. He stood at the head of the table, his hands gripping the top of the chair he usually sat in.

"What happened." It was not a question, or a request for answers. It was a command; one he expected an answer to.

Everyone in the room turned their attention to the three teenagers that had just entered the room, hardly sparing a glance at Bellatrix. Celestia felt the odd numbness still washed over her, and she met Voldemort's eyes across the room unflinchingly.

"Draco, as requested, had been working on getting Death Eaters into Hogwarts for the past couple months. Tonight, he succeeded. A group of them, selected by you I assume, entered Hogwarts through the Vanishing Cabinet at Borgin and Burkes were deposited on the seventh floor of Hogwarts," she explained apathetically.

She continued speaking, her eye contact with the Dark Lord not wavering. "While the Death Eaters met the forces of the Order — how they knew an attack was coming I'm unsure — Draco, Theo, and I were confronting Albus Dumbledore at the top of the Astronomy Tower."

"Then what happened?" demanded a Death Eater, like she wasn't going to continuing explaining.

The look that both she and the Dark Lord sent him had him shrinking back into the wall. He didn't speak, not even to apologise, and she wasn't sure if it was because he was scared of if Voldemort had non-verbally, wandlessly, placed a Silencing Charm on him.

"Dumbledore was disarmed, and at our mercy. It was not long after that," she said, "that I killed him."

She can remember the moment green had shot from her wand, when it had impacted with her headmasters chest, when the words had passed by her lips. Yet, admitting the act seemed to be another thing entirely.

There was a silence in the room, the same kind of silence that was usually only ever gifted to Voldemort after he finished speaking, for a minute. The Death Eaters around her processed her short sentence before the quietness was displaced by uproar.

"You?"

"Albus Dumbledore is dead?"

"She killed him?"

"Dumbledore is dead!"

"Impossible."

More remarks, more comments, flew out of peoples mouths. It was disbelief, and wonder, and surprise, and fear, and all kinds of emotions wrapped into one large clamour of emotions.

Voldemort had not moved, his hands still clutching the chair in front of him tightly. The knuckles of his already white skin turning paler. His gaze seared into the heir of Black, perhaps expecting her to retract the announcement. She didn't.

"Silence," said Voldemort. No one quietened, and he bellowed, "Silence!" Once the room had followed his command, he spoke straight to Celestia. "How?"

"I used the Killing Curse. He fell over the battlements of the tower," Celestia clarified.

His stare swung towards Bellatrix, seeking confirmation. "Is it true? Albus is dead?"

"He is, My Lord. I saw him crash to the ground of the courtyard myself," said Bellatrix.

"Albus Dumbledore is dead," said Voldemort, like he was testing the statement out on his tongue. "Albus Dumbledore is dead."

People in the room bristled, the truth of the declaration finally settling in. A symbol for such hope for the other side, the man deemed the greatest sorcerer in the world, dead.

Dead by her hand, Celestia realised. The same hand that she was now flexing at her side. The same hand that had once comforted people, had loved people in simple ways; wiped tears, held hands, danced, played with hair.

It had killed. Her loving hand, soiled by death.

"You did a wonderful job, all three of you," announced Voldemort, his stare flittering from Theo, to Celestia, to Draco.

The praise from the man, a man who cared for no one but himself and his goal, signified how much this moment mattered. How important the death of Albus Dumbledore was.

"Thank you, My Lord," said Celestia.

She finally noticed that neither her cousin or Theo had spoken once. They stood on each of her sides, standing together the same way they had been only minutes earlier as they fought against the Order.

She wanted to reach for their hands, but she wouldn't. Not in front of Voldemort. Not yet with her same hand that had killed.

"Do you understand what you have done?" wondered Voldemort.

Celestia didn't let her confusion at the question show on her face. "I killed Dumbledore," she said.

It was correct, the truth. She had killed Dumbledore. Still, the Dark Lord shook his head slowly, menacingly.

"Celestia Faith Black," grinned Voldemort, his disgusting, all yellow teeth grin, "you have started a war."

AUTHORS NOTE

sorry if the chapter is a bit of time skip from the last one, but i didnt want to waste a chapter with another filler. i am also resisting to apologise that this chapter might be a bit shorter than my other ones. something doesnt seem to flow right about this chapter imo but i might just be imagining things

please let me know what you think of this chapter ?? <3

also, if you missed the small announcement i made in the last chapter, i made a tiktok oriented around this fanfic. feel free to tag me in any audios/ideas you have. i love interacting with all of you tbh it makes me so happy. @betrayaloftheblack !!

yours,
beth

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 63 49
Jean Lily Black is the daughter of Sirius Black and Marlene McKinnon. After her father went to Azkaban and her mum was murdered, she was taken in and...
991K 24.8K 58
Sirius Black has had his fair share of women in his life, but there was something about her that drove him mad. Maybe it was the similarities in thei...
543 17 12
Heaven, that's what she is called. The girl that went to Beauxbaton school. She just transferred to Hogwarts. The only people she knows there are the...
40.9K 629 32
Following an intense fight with Yn Moonshine and her father, Yn and Myra her younger sister are disowned and kicked out of their home. Their old fami...