The Assistant | Pietro Maximo...

By LadyLokiLaufeyson5

Y/n L/n is just a normal girl. At least, that's what she tells the Avengers when she starts to work for Tony... More

Author's Note
✬THE ASSISTANT✬
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
A/N

Chapter 6

49.5K 1.4K 1.7K
By LadyLokiLaufeyson5

I held a massive stack of papers, balancing them in my arms as I made my way to my office. They were all of the reports from Stark Industries that were sent to Tony. He wanted me to look over them and give him a summary of everything he needed to know.

A blue blur rushed past me, and my papers went flying everywhere. I cursed softly and a split second later, Pietro Maximoff appeared with my papers in his hands, looking sheepish.

"Sorry," he said, his accent rolling.

"Don't worry about it," I said, taking the papers from him. "Thank you for picking them up."

He stayed for a moment longer before smiling.

"We haven't really been introduced properly," he said, sticking out a hand. "I'm Pietro."

I shook his hand and smiled.

"Y/n," I said. "Nice to meet you."

Pietro smiled at me and eyed my papers.

"I – uh... I suppose I will let you get back to work, then," he said.

I chuckled and nodded.

"Thank you," I said.

He smiled at me once again before walking away a bit and then zooming off. I assumed he'd walked as to not disturb my papers again.

I entered my office and started going over the papers. The process took a couple of hours, and I memorised all of the information I needed to relay to Tony.

"Jarvis, where's Tony?" I asked.

"His lab, Miss L/n," Jarvis replied.

I thanked Jarvis and walked to the elevator. When it opened, Tony was already standing there.

"Oh, Tony sir-"

"Stop calling me that," he chuckled. "Please, call me Tony only. When you call me stuff like that, I feel old."

I laughed.

"Okay, Tony," I said. "I have a summary on the reports, and I need you to-"

"No can do, kiddo," he said.

"Mr Stark, you have-"

"A mission right now," Tony interrupted. "Cancel everything. And you can have the rest of the day off."

I sighed exasperatedly. I needed Tony's confirmation on a few things, and I'd already moved his meetings around twice.

"Tony, I'm not so sure that's a good idea-"

"I got a mission, Y/n," he said, shrugging. "Cap's orders."

I sighed and shook my head.

"And since when do you listen to Captain Rogers?" I muttered under my breath.

Tony laughed, and I realised I'd said it a bit too loud.

The elevator opened and Tony walked into the common space. Pietro, Wanda, and Vision were sitting on the couch, watching a sitcom. Pietro turned his head when he heard us enter the room, and he smiled at me. I smiled back quickly before continuing talking to Tony.

"Tony, I really need-"

Tony's suit began assembling around him, causing loud clanking sounds, effectively drowning out my words. When it was done, he continued walking to the balcony.

"Tony, you have a meeting with..." I trailed off as he flew away. "Secretary Ross."

I sighed rubbed my temples. I'd have to move that meeting around again.

"Busy day?" Pietro asked from beside me.

I jumped and turned to him. I hadn't realised he was standing there.

"Busy life," I muttered. "Secretary Ross has been requesting this meeting for a week now. It's going to cause me a headache rearranging it. But at least I get the rest of the day off."

Pietro nodded and bit his lip. I could tell that he wanted to say something, so I waited a moment for him to work up the courage.

"Would you maybe want to watch a movie with us?" Pietro asked. "You know, since you have the rest of the day off?"

I cocked my head. I supposed that it was my time off and becoming friendlier with these people would most likely be beneficial.

"I'd like that," I said. "Let me just make a few calls cancelling meetings and things. I'll meet you back here in... twenty minutes."

Pietro nodded and grinned at me. I smiled back and went to my office to tell Secretary Ross and a few others that Tony wasn't available anymore. Secretary Ross was not impressed, but the other people I called understood that was just how Tony Stark worked.

Once I'd finished the calls, I sent Tony his schedule for the next day (something I knew he wouldn't look at) and made my way back to the common level. Pietro was waiting for me with a bowl of popcorn in his hands.

"Wanda and Vision went to the theatre room already," Pietro said. "Let's go."

I bit my lip and stayed still. Pietro turned around and cocked his head at me when he realised I hadn't started following him.

"What's wrong?" he asked, looking at me concernedly.

"I – um... I don't have clearance for that floor," I said. "And... wouldn't it be a bit unprofessional?"

Pietro chuckled.

"Cold feet, huh?" he asked. "You aren't working anymore, so you're in the tower as our friend, not an employee."

I considered it for a moment before nodding. That wouldn't be considered inappropriate, right?

Pietro led me to the elevator, stealing some of the popcorn out of the bowl in his hands. He offered me some and I took a small handful, feeling slightly awkward for some reason.

"So... what's your favourite colour?" Pietro asked, leaning against the elevator wall.

I chuckled.

"What's funny?" he asked.

"Nothing," I said. "Just... you're asking me what my favourite colour is."

"Hey! It's a good get-to-know-you question!" he said defensively.

I chuckled and shook my head.

"F/c," I said. "You?"

"Blue," he replied. "Like the sky."

We continued with the get-to-know-you questions all the way to the theatre. When I walked in, Wanda gave me a smile and a wave. I waved back.

"Hello, Miss L/n," Vision said politely.

"You can just call me Y/n," I said.

Vision smiled and nodded.

"So, what are we going to watch?" Wanda asked.

A few suggestions were thrown around, and Pietro began looking through Netflix, while Wanda and I looked through the DVDs. I was surprised they had so many, seeing as the tower was so tech savvy.

"Hey, look, it's Pietro," Wanda said, showing me the Sonic movie.

I laughed and Wanda began laughing too. Every time I looked at Wanda or the picture of Sonic, I began laughing harder. Wanda did too, and I saw tears in her eyes as she tried to catch her breath.

"What's so funny?" Pietro asked.

Wanda held up the DVD and took deep breaths trying to calm her laughing. Her trying not to laugh made me laugh even harder.

"It's... you!" Wanda wheezed through laughs.

Pietro rolled his eyes.

"Ha, ha, very funny," he said sarcastically.

Once Wanda and I were able to calm down (and after Pietro convinced us not to put Sonic on) we started looking through movies again.

"What about f/m?" Pietro suggested.

"F/m?" I asked excitedly. "I love that movie!"

"Then it's decided," Pietro said.

We all sat down on the big couches and started watching the movie. I sat next to Pietro on the edge of the couch. I watched the movie play, feeling excitement fill my chest at my favourite parts.

At one point the popcorn ran out, so Wanda used her magic to open the snack bar and get us all something without getting up. Pietro and I shared a bag of (favourite/snack), and at one point we both went to grab something, and our hands touched. I pulled away quickly and stared at the tv.

Once the movie was done, I stretched and heard a few pops and cracks.

"Well, this was fun," I said, "but I think I should be getting home now. Thank you for having me."

"No problem, Y/n," Wanda said. "It was fun having you here."

"Yeah, it was great," Pietro agreed.

I smiled and waved at them all as I left. I'd honestly had a really great time with them all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

403K 11.7K 19
in which the dark sorcerous fell in love with the naive witch • " i thought you said there were only two of them! " " well, I only saw red and blu...
114K 3.9K 23
'It was strange, to pretend that I knew nothing about this boy, when, in reality, I knew pretty much everything about him.' Hydra is all y/n knows. T...
99.9K 2.4K 16
'I feel drawn to you' 'I swear I haven't changed your gravitational pull' Two teenagers, two sides. It's a shame that they're on opposite sides... th...
1.3M 35K 51
!Cover Change! What will happen when Peter Parker accidentally texts Natasha Romanoff? Will she figure out he's the vigilante Spider-Man? If so how w...