SakuAtsu - Please, Don't Do T...

By NocturneHaven

WARNING: 18+ (Text/Script Version) Atsumu is not coming home? Sakusa is worried? Osamu is afraid to tell Suna... More

Chapter 1 - Shut Up and Kiss Me
Chapter 2 - The Tragedy (⚠️ - Might be Triggering)
Chapter 3 - The Lamp Post
Chapter 4 - The Vomiting
Chapter 5 - The Panic
Chapter 6 - The Confrontation
Chapter 7 - Best Friend
Chapter 8 - Water Fountain
Chapter 9 - The Trio
Chapter 10 - Restless
Chapter 11 - Guilt
Chapter 12 - Instinctively
Chapter 13 - A Good News and Some Other Bad Ones
Chapter 14 - A Piece of The Past and The Truth
Chapter 15 - One Step Closer
Chapter 16 - Blame Me
Chapter 17 - He Knows
Chapter 18 - Visits
Chapter 19 - Sensitive (OsaSuna Special)
Chapter 20 - The Caller
Chapter 21 - Downhill
Chapter 22 - The Blessing (Special)
Chapter 23 - Showtime
Chapter 24 - Surviving on My Own
Chapter 25 - Games
Chapter 26 - I've Told You, Haven't I?
Chapter 27 - Emergency Situation
Chapter 28 - Blood and Tears (Special ⚠️ - Might be Triggering)
Chapter 29 - The Flower and The Fox (Special ⚠️ - Might be Triggering)
Chapter 30 - Holding On
Chapter 31 - It's Gonna be Okay
Chapter 32 - The Kiss (Special)
Not an Update, But You Might Wanna See This
Chapter 33 - The Germaphobia's Origin
Chapter 34 - Not Again
Chapter 35 - I Want... (⚠️ Might Be Triggering)
Chapter 36 - The Reward (⚠️ Might Be Triggering!)
Chapter 37 - It's My Fault, Not Yours
Chapter 38 - Is This What It's Gonna Be Like?
Chapter 39 - Will You Let Me...?
Chapter 40 - Welcome Hot-I Mean, Home (Special ⚠️ - Explicit Content!)
Chapter 41 - The Mask (Special - Short Chapter!)
Chapter 42 - The Return (Volleyball Arc Part 1)
Chapter 43 - One Down (Volleyball Arc Part 2)
Chapter 44 - Broken (Volleyball Arc Part 3)
Chapter 45 - Enter The Adlers (Volleyball Arc Part 4)
Chapter 46 - I Still Look Forward to It (Volleyball Arc Part 5)
Chapter 47 - More Time
Chapter 49 - Syndrome
Chapter 50 - Gold Digger
Chapter 51 - Final Game
Chapter 52 - Maybe I'm The Stupid One
Chapter 53 - Promise?
Chapter 54 - Selfish
Chapter 55 - How Could You?
Chapter 56 - Forever (The End)
For All of You Kind-Hearted Souls Out There!

Chapter 48 - The Party

831 30 17
By NocturneHaven

Dedicated to Thecrackheadriri
Hey, there... I really enjoy your comments!! Thanks for leaving many of them 😆

Aight guys, I knowww, I left you in a cliffhanger... Go enjoy this next part~
---------------------------------------------------------

5 months later

In a video call . . .

Bokuto: Hey, hey, hey!! How's my beloved kouhai doing??

Atsumu: As usual...

Bokuto: Are you really okay?? You look kinda pale... Have you done the... the umm.. the d-dialo-diale...

Akaashi: (Beside Bokuto) Dialysis...

Bokuto: Ahh yes... I was about to say that!

Atsumu: *chuckles a bit* Yeah... I've just done that... Now, I just need to rest... Sorry, I couldn't come to cheer you on . . . You know I would've... *gives a side-eye* if a certain someone had let me do the dialysis yesterday...

Sakusa: *threatening voice* You know we can't mess up the schedule... Besides, you need a day rest after taking it, you still won't be able to come even if you take it yesterday...

Atsumu: *shrugs* You heard what the boss said...

Bokuto: Yeah, that's too bad... I miss you on the court... The new setter sucks . . . He always sets me too close to the net... We get into fights all the time! Your settings are better!

Atsumu: Obviously! He's a hundred years too early to replace me!

Bokuto: I told Akaashi to replace you instead but he always refuses!

Akaashi: That's not possible, Bokuto-san, I'm from a different university!

Bokuto: See?! You need to get well soon and get back to the court! Sakusa too! Or else I won't have a decent spiker rival!

Sakusa: Who said I was your rival? I'm way better than you!!

Bokuto: No way, I'm wayyy better than you!!!

Sakusa: Yes way! I-

Atsumu: *covers Sakusa's mouth* have to be silent and let me continue my video call . . .

Sakusa: -___-"

Meian Shūgo: *from the back* Bokuto!! Stop being lovey-dovey!! We need to do the warm-up!!!

Bokuto: !!! Ah, yes, Meian! I was just saying hi to Atsumu!!

Meian Shūgo: *from the back* Atsumu's there??

Meian Shūgo: *comes closer* Hi, Atsumu... How's it going??

Atsumu: Ahh, hi, Meian-san... I'm doing good, don't worry about me...

Bokuto: Hey, that's not fair, you always just say "as usual" when I'm the one asking . . .

Sakusa: That's because you talk too much...

Bokuto: That's not true!! Do you think so, Akaashi? Do you think that I talk too much?!

Meian Shūgo: *flicks Bokuto's forehead* I do think so... Now get to the court, I'll put your phone back to your bag...

Bokuto: Ouch... Aye aye... captain... *walks away with Akaashi*

Bokuto: *from the back* You don't think so right, Akaashi? Do you think I talk too much?!

Akaashi: No... Bokuto-san... Don't worry about it and just focus on the game . . .

Meian Shūgo: Sorry, Atsumu . . . But I really gotta go now...

Atsumu: It's okay... Good luck on the match!

Meian Shūgo: Thanks... You get well soon and hurry back to the court... Sakusa too, take care!

Atsumu: *lifts up his chin like saying "yeah"*

Video call ends.

Atsumu: *still staring at his still phone*

Sakusa: You should've told them that you're not coming back . . .

Atsumu: . . . It's okay... It's better this way... *smiles* It makes me think that I'll get better soon . . .

Sakusa: . . .

Atsumu: Besides, I don't want them to worry too much about me . . . They got the match to worry about already . . .

Sakusa: . . . You can't hide anything from me though...

Atsumu: *chuckles* Nah, I've learned that lesson too well already . . .

Sakusa: *smiles a bit*

A month later

Atsumu's condition continues to worsen quickly.

After Atsumu's kidneys reached 90% failure, Osamu donated one of his to his twin brother since his kidney obviously has the best suitability compared to anyone else.

•••••
Another month after that

At Onigiri Miya

Atsumu: Let me help you with that! *moves a sack of raw rice closer to the magic jar and begins to put some of the rice in the washbasin to wash it*

Osamu: I can do it myself... What's the point of coming here if I don't do anything?

Atsumu: What's the point of being the boss if you do everything yourself? Besides, you just got out of the hospital, you need to rest a lot...

Osamu: No, you need to rest a lot . . . Do you forget that you also only have 1 kidney?? More than that, you're the one with the history of kidney failure! You're even more fragile than me!

Atsumu: What are you talking about? You lose 1 kidney from 2! I, on the other hand, went from almost having 0 to 1! This is the best condition I've ever been in months!!! I feel like I could run for 5 miles!!!

Sakusa: *flicks Atsumu's head and snatches the washbasin away from him*

Atsumu: Ouch!!

Sakusa: You should listen to Osamu and not break a third kidney! *starts washing the rice*

Osamu: 💢💢💢 Yeah, you better take extra good care of that kidney cause I don't have another one to give you!

Atsumu: Omi-kunnn, aren't you supposed to be on my side?!?!

Sakusa: I'm always on your side, that's why I always keep you from doing stupid things!

Atsumu: I'm not doing stupid things! I just wanna help out!! I feel better than ever, can't you just let me celebrate?!

Klinggg

Bokuto: *enters the store*

Bokuto: Huh, are you guys not open today?

Suna: Yeah, we closed the store . . .

Bokuto: Ohh... I can come back tomorrow then... *about to come back out*

Sakusa: 💢💢 We closed the store for the celebration!!

Bokuto: Ahh... I see . . . *comes back in*

Bokuto: Are we the first ones to come then?

Atsumu: Yeah, Bokuto-san... The party's in 2 more hours . . .

Bokuto: Ohh, really?!?! I must've heard it wrong . . .

Akaashi: Bokuto-san -____-"

Bokuto: Sorry, Akaasheee... Please, don't be maddd!!

Akaashi: *exhales* I'm really sorry, guys... Is there anything I can help you with?

Suna: *wiping the table* Uhh, you can ask the boss . . .

Both Bokuto and Akaashi look at Osamu.

Osamu: *flustered* Ohh, uhh... You guys don't really need to do anything... We're all good here . . . You can just uhh, sit there and prevent my stupid brother from doing stupid stuffs . . .

Atsumu: Hey, stop calling me your stupid brother!!

Osamu: How about idiot sibling?

Atsumu: 💢💢💢💢 !!!

Atsumu: I'll let you off this time cause you gave me your kidney! *walks and sits on one of the chairs*

Bokuto and Akaashi: *sit in front of Atsumu*

Akaashi: So uhh... How are you feeling?

Atsumu: Actually, I feel fantastic . . . Never felt this good for months!

Bokuto: Really??? Last time you said you were okay you got kidney failure the next week! We all were so worried!

Atsumu: Ahh... Sorry for that... I just wanted you to focus on the match . . . By the time it was over... I . . . couldn't really find the right time to tell you guys about it . . .

Suddenly the atmosphere turned into gloomy.

Everyone still remembers the painful loss they suffered in the last match.

They didn't even make it to the quarter finals of the Spring Tournament.

What's worse... was that they lost to Aomizu.

Even after a month later, talking about it still stings.

Every time Atsumu wanted to bring up his kidney problem, their glum faces just stopped him from saying it.

Akaashi: You should've just told us... We could've been there for you . . .

Bokuto: Yeah!! How could you not tell us that your disease is that bad?!?! What if you suddenly die and we don't get to say any goodbye?!?!

Atsumu: (Well... That might be better... A goodbye would probably be too painful anyway . . . I can't really stand chick-flick moments)

Atsumu: *smirks* Who said I'm planning to say goodbye? *leans to the front like he's gonna tell something really important* I'm not gonna leave you... Not even after I go to the afterlife . . . I'm gonna haunt you . . . every night . . . in every dark places . . . within the shadows . . . behind your cupboard . . . even under your blanket!!

Bokuto: *getting scared but refuses to show it* Only Akaashi is allowed to be under my blanket!!!

Akaashi: *red as a beet*

Akaashi: Bokuto-sannn . . . !

Bokuto: Did I say anything wrong??

Shringgg . . .

Shringgg . . .

Shringgg . . .

Atsumu: *stops smirking* 😶

Sakusa: Whose blanket did you say you're going to go under, Atsumu?!?! ☺️🔪🔪🔪 *sharpening the knife in his hand*

Atsumu: 😶😶😶😶

Sakusa: Care to repeat that again?? ☺️🔪🔪🔪

Sakusa: *walks closer*

Osamu: *at the back* *making a gesture of slicing his neck while smiling at Atsumu*

Atsumu: My beloved handsome generous patient kind-hearted Omi-kun!! Of course, I'm only going to go under your blanket *nervous smiles* There's absolutely no need to question that at all... If you need my help to sharpen the knife, just say so... I'm always happy to help...!!

Sakusa: ☺️☺️☺️ I'm done sharpening it, dear . . . *lifts it up* It's ready to use!

Atsumu: Oh . . . 😃

Sakusa: *sits next to Atsumu and puts the knife on the table* Better put it here in case there's a huge chunk of meat that needs cutting later, right?

Atsumu: Right . . . *smiles half-heartedly*

•••••
Around 3 hours later

More people have come to the party and things start to get hectic.

Suna: *pouring beer on the party cups*

Bokuto: Akaashi never loses a beer pong match!!

Adriah Tomas: Get out. . . You're lying!

Inunaki Shion: Yeah, he can't be that good . . .

Bokuto: I'm not lying!! Akaashi is the best beer pong player in Japan!!

Adriah Tomas: That can't be true . . .

Akaashi: Yeah, he's just exaggerating...

Bokuto: I'm not!! You don't have to be shy Akaashi, just tell them how good you are!! I bet no one in this room could beat him!!!

Oriver Barnes: I don't believe you . . .

Atsumu: Yeah, I bet I could beat him in a match!!

Bokuto: No way!! Akaashi has beaten pro ping pong players before, you wouldn't stand a chance!!

Atsumu: Ping pong is very different from beer pong, it has nothing to do with it!! Besides, I used to be the best highschool setter in Japan, playing beer pong is waaay easier than being a setter!!

Atsumu: *tosses a ping pong ball to one of the cups on the other side of the table* Are you scared...? 😏

Bokuto: 😠😠😠 Fine, let's have a match then!! Show him, Akaashi!! *elbows Akaashi* Show him that you're better than him!!

Akaashi: . . . *suddenly smirks* You don't need to tell me twice, Bokuto-san . . . *walks to the other side of the table* I may not think of myself as the best beer pong player in Japan... *chugs the beer in the cup in one go and puts it upside down on the table with a thud* but I certainly won't lose to Atsumu . . .

Atsumu: *fired up* Bring it on, then!!!

Akaashi: *throws the ping pong ball to one of the cups on Atsumu's side*

Atsumu: *about to drink the beer but stops himself in the last seconds*

Sakusa: *suddenly drinks the beer that Atsumu was going to drink*

Sakusa: *chugs the beer in one go and flips the cup with a thud*

Sakusa: I can do the drinking part for Atsumu. . . You guys can play...

Inunaki Shion: Awhhh . . . Look at these two lovebirds!! *whistles* *whistles*

Adriah Tomas: Yeahh, Sakusa's such a gentleman!! *whistles* *whistles*

Bokuto: 😠😠😠 I can do the drinking part for Akaashi as well!!! *slams the table*

Akaashi: B-Bokuto-san... You don't have to-

Bokuto: Don't worry about me, Akaashi... I can handle my drink!! *stares fiercely at Sakusa*

Sakusa: *stares fiercely back at Bokuto*

Atsumu: 🥺🥺 Omi-Omiii... Are you really doing this for me...? Are you sure you'll be okay...?

Sakusa: *stares at Atsumu threateningly* If you're worried about me, then you better win...

Atsumu: *shivers* Osuuu!!! (Aye!!!)

•••••
20 minutes later

Round 1 ended up as a tie, so now they're on their 2nd round.

Bokuto: *about to pass out but wakes up again* C'mon Akaashi, you can do this~~~!!!

Akaashi: Bokuto-san, you sure you're okay??? We can stop the game now if you don't feel good...

Bokuto: No no, I'm good... You're finally leading~~!! Just focus on winning the gaa~meeee, I feel just fineee~~~

Akaashi: *throws the ball to the cup in front of Atsumu*

Sakusa: *snatches the cup and drinks the content* Ughhh.... *legs unsteady*

Atsumu: Whoaaa, Omi-kun... Don't force yourself... We can just change the drink to lemona-!

Sakusa: Ssshhhhh... *puts his forefinger in front of Atsumu's mouth* Just focus on winning, you're being left behind!!

Atsumu: 😑😑😑 <still as scary as ever even when drunk...>

Ck-lingggg

Atsumu is still concentrating when he suddenly hears a familiar sound:

"Atsumu senpai!"

Atsumu: *turns his head to the source of the voice*

Atsumu: *surprised* Shoyo-kun!!

Hinata: *smiles sheepishly* Ahh... Glad you remember me. . .

Atsumu: Course I would... What are you doing here??

At this point, everyone's attention is directed to their conversation.

Hinata: To celebrate you coming out of the hospital of course... Osamu-senpai too! . . . Sorry, I'm late... *scratches his head*

Meian Shūgo: Don't blame him, I'm the one who made him late... He helped me do some university errands earlier... *puts his left arm on Hinata's shoulders*

Atsumu: No... *shakes his head* I mean . . . Why are you even here? Do you know Meian-san??

Meian Shūgo: Haven't you heard, Tsumu?? He's our newest jackal!! *uses his right hand to make a fist and squeezes Hinata's head*

Hinata: *shuts his eyes and tries to get Meian's hand off him* Meian-san, I'm not a kid!!

Atsumu: *eyes widen* You're... our newest jackal...???

Hinata: *finally frees himself from Meian's grip* Yeah... I joined MSBY to play with you!

Atsumu: *stunned* Me???

Hinata: *nods* You're the only setter I know that can do the freak quick!!! You even did it without practice back then when you were against Karasuno!!! Don't you remember?!?!

Atsumu: . . .

Hinata: I saw your game too last year, you guys were incredible!!!

Atsumu: *gets excited* You did?!?! But... We lost tho . . .

Hinata: It doesn't matter, you guys were so close to winning anyway!!! I've decided that I wanted to go to a different team than Kageyama so that I could beat him!! And as soon as I saw yours, I knew that I wanted to go here!!!

Atsumu: *exhales in mesmerism*

Bokuto: Oiii~~Why do you guys talk so longggg~~~Are we going to continue the game or nottt~~~?!?!

Atsumu: Uhhh... Finee *concentrates* *concentrates* *throws the ping pong ball*

20 minutes later

Akaashi: *throws the last ping pong ball* *gets in*

Bokuto: IT'S IN!!!!

Akaashi: *makes a little fist and whispers 'yesss'*

Atsumu: Dammit...!! *hits the table with the bottom side of his fist*

Bokuto: AKAASHI WONNN!!! AKAASHI WOOONNN~~~!!!! You really are the best Akaasheee~~!!!! *shakes Akaashi*

Akaashi: Yeah, yeah, Bokuto-san. . . Would you please stop doing that?!?!

Atsumu: *frustrated with himself*

Atsumu: *looks at Sakusa*

Sakusa: *head looking down* . . .

Atsumu: O-Omi-kun??

Sakusa: *looks at Atsumu*

Atsumu: *scared* S-sorry... I lost . . .

Sakusa: *looks down again* It's okay... You.... did your best ~ . . . *legs getting really wobbly*

Atsumu: Whoaaa, Omi-kun... Here, sit here... *puts a chair behind Sakusa*

Sakusa: *sits on the chair* *holding his head*

Atsumu: *feels bad* You shouldn't have pushed yourself... I told you to change the drink to lemonade . . .

Sakusa: *whispers* You . . .

Atsumu: . . . Yes?

Sakusa: You seemed to have a lot of fun . . .

Atsumu: *blushes*

Bokuto: Yeahhh~~, it was a good game!! *pats Atsumu's back* You were really good!!!

Akaashi: *chuckles* He's right... Gotta say I was a little worried back there . . .

Hinata: *holds Atsumu's sleeves* Atsumu-senpai!!! You're amazing!!! *glances at Akaashi* Akaashi-senpai too!!!

Akaashi: Thanks Hinata . . .

Hinata: *looks back at Atsumu* Atsumu-san... You had a really good aim!!!

Atsumu: *chuckles nervously* I lost tho . . .

Hinata: It doesn't matter, you still got it in you!!! You still can be a great setter!!!

Atsumu: . . .

Hinata: Everybody said that you might quit volleyball forever after your kidney failure . . . *lowers his head*

Atsumu: . . .

Hinata: That's not true, right???

Atsumu: . . .

Hinata: How can you quit volleyball when you're still this good?!?!

Atsumu: *purses his lips*

Hinata: Our setter quit the team after the lost in the Spring Tournament . . . We don't have any setter now . . .

Atsumu: . . . *hesitant*

Hinata: People said that you got a really bad disease and that you couldn't play volleyball anymore . . . If that's true, then I wanted to see it with my own eyes . . .

Hinata: *lifts his head and stares at Atsumu* But what I just saw. . . You're still amazing!!!

Atsumu: *slowly gasps*

Hinata: *grips Atsumu's sleeves tighter* You can still come back!!

Hinata: *longing eyes* I know that you really love volleyball... I can tell when people do!! You have that fire in your eyes when you play!! Just like mine!!!

Atsumu: *breathes heavily*

Hinata: Don't you want to help us?!?! I know it might be a lot to ask but just for one more time. . . Would you like to play with us one more time???

It takes Atsumu almost all of his effort to just stand there and listen to what the tiny middle blocker has to say.

All of his being wants to scream and play volleyball this instant but he also knows that he can't do that... He can't afford gambling with his health. . . He can't afford losing the kidney that his twin brother risked his life to give him.

With a heavy heart, Atsumu clenches his fists and faces Hinata.

Atsumu: Shoyo-kun . . . I...

Hinata: *still puts on his longing face*

Atsumu: *nervously looking at Hinata's face for a while*

Atsumu: *looks down* . . . I-

Sakusa: Will do it...

Atsumu: *eyes widen* *snaps his head at Sakusa*

Sakusa: *stands up and comes closer* He'll do it...

Atsumu: *still can't believe what he heard*

Sakusa: *wobbly*

Atsumu: O-Omi... You're drunk. . . You... didn't really mean it, right? *anxious*

Sakusa: No... I mean it . . . *grabs Atsumu's arm and stares into his eyes* I'm serious... You can do it . . .

Atsumu: *kinda speechless*

Atsumu: B-But why??? You always forbid me to do it this whole time . . . Why the sudden change of mind???

Sakusa: . . . *almost out of it again*

Atsumu: *shakes Sakusa* Omi???

Sakusa: I thought me alone can make you happy . . .

Sakusa: But Hinata's right... You look happiest when you play volleyball...

Atsumu: *stares at Sakusa*

Sakusa: *stares back at Atsumu* I just want you to feel happiest again . . .

Atsumu: *tears start flowing out of his eyes*

Atsumu: *looks at Osamu who's at the kitchen*

Osamu: *smiles at Atsumu* *takes a volleyball from one of the drawers below and throws it to him*

Atsumu: *catches it* *looks at it like he still can't believe it*

Atsumu: *turns his head back to Hinata*

Atsumu: *smiles widely*
I'll help you...

---------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys, I think this is one of my favorite chapters, it was so fun to write the party scenes, and I loveee writing scenes with Bokuto! Tell me what you think of it!! 😉

Btw, some facts I didn't include in this chapter cause it's way too long already and it's hard to decide where to put them in:
- Atsumu actually got out of the hospital 2 weeks earlier than Osamu but he doesn't want to celebrate it until Osamu gets out of the hospital too, hence the combined celebration! (the recipient usually recovers a lot faster than the donor)
- Meian Shūgo (MSBY's captain) became the team's temporary setter after the previous one left the team

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21K 821 32
Miya Atsumu was an absolute mystery to Sakusa Kiyoomi. Every time the thought of him crossed his mind, he instantly frowned. He was a total mess of a...
59.1K 2.2K 62
(completed) From tagging buildings, parkouring, late-night skateboarding, gymnastics, competitive dancing to much, much more, Miya Atsumu just wants...
102K 4.3K 39
(M.Atsumu x fem!reader) "𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐎𝐎 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄." L/n Y/n a girl who foolishly falls inl...
31.8K 784 108
How can you hate him when he's the reason you have her? You haven't seen him since that night, you never planned to see him again. Atsumu said he lov...