Petra

By ShrazyMe

Love is love, until it's not. --- Not related to the discontinued PETRA book. More

Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 6

86 10 0
By ShrazyMe

Petra: WE LUV NAPA 

2 ,000,000 likes ~ 7,000 comments

---

It's a little after eight in the morning and we are beginning our six and a half hour drive back to Los Angeles. Amerie took a flight back home since she had work obligations but the rest of us have nothing planned which is why we decided to make the long drive.

I thought that it would be a cute road trip moment but we woke up tired and hungover from our previous festivities.

"This song is going to get us all in the mood." Odell says while connecting his phone to the speakers and I groan while resting my head against the window.

If you want it, yeah
You can have it, oh, oh, oh
If you need it, ooh
We can make it, oh
If you want it
You can have it

"It's too early for this shit." Lauren rubs her face as she relaxes in the passenger seat. "The only thing that will get me in the mood is food in this belly of mine."

"Not our fault that y'all skipped out on breakfast." Michael snorts. "That's what happens when you get drunk on wine."

"And on that note..." Odell turns the volume down. "MAKING MY WAY DOWNTOWN, WALKING FAST..."

"Faces pass and I'm homebound." Michael sings along and I find myself laughing as the guys start shaking their heads like Terry Crews in White Chicks. "Cause I need you."

I crinkle my nose while joining in, "And I miss you."

"And now I wonder..."

The vocals may not have been hitting but that moment definitely lightened the mood and reminded of us we decided to drive back. Our lives are so busy now that we don't get to spend much time together so we want to make the most of the moment because who knows when it will happen again.

"I don't think we are going to see any drive-throughs for a couple of hours." Odell says while glancing back at us and I pull a face. "If we want to eat then we'll need to go into a town and find a restaurant or something."

"We don't know any of the towns here." Michael perks up. "If this is the white people area that we fear then they'll have us hanging at the front of the restaurant before we can even receive the check. Can't be playing with our lives like that."

Lauren and I burst out laughing because it seems so ridiculous.

"The most they'll do is stare at us in this day and age."

Odell kisses his teeth, "These girls will be the reason why we die first."

"Ignorance is bliss." Michael mumbles while pulling out the small map that we got from Napa. "I'm going to try spot something familiar on this map."

"Start looking at places around Napa first so I can make the right turn when you call out the stop."

An hour into our journey, Michael called out some random town that we didn't end up eating at because it looked like a ghost town. We did spot a disheveled man standing at what appeared to be an abandoned gas station but it resembled a horror movie scene and we were not about to end up dead.

We did eventually find a place to order food from but I was the unlucky one who had to head inside to buy the food since there was no drive-through. I am not the most known person in the world but it's pretty surreal to enter a town where nobody recognises your face or knows of your brand.

"You better not had pissed them off." Odell tells me as he gets into the backseat with Lauren as we prepare to eat on the side of the road since we didn't like the look of the truck stop. "If I see hair or even saliva in this shit then we're going back."

"And what are you going to do?" Lauren gives him a look. "Throw a ball at them."

"Oooh, she got you there." Michael laughs.

"This whole trip has felt like a movie." Odell comments as Lauren takes a picture of all of us with her chicken wings in the air. "I've never been one for road trips or getting a tour bus but after this trip, we should invest in one and start touring the state."

Michael perks up at this, "We can go to those auction places and get ourselves a sweet deal then fix it up ourselves."

"And what about your careers?" Lauren asks with a raised brow. "Where's the money coming from?"

"Football takes me across state, Michael's acting takes him across state for several months at a time, Petra can do business on the road and you can model anywhere you like." Odell winks before clicking his tongue at his girlfriend. "I've got this all figured out."

"He has a point." I quietly say as I reach for my ceasar salad,  "We could all technically give up our homes to live on the road."

"That's my baby." Michael smiles at me. "My rider."

"Don't encourage them."

---

Petra: momma

1,300,000 likes ~ limited comments

Arriving in Los Angeles after three pm was stupid on our part because we got caught up in the traffic but it's only because the guys wanted to have a rest stop. Lolo and I used that as an opportunity to shoot some content which ran longer than we anticipated since we wanted to change our outfits.

My mom is working from my office today since I let her do that whenever I'm not preoccupied with work related stuff. She has a home office as do I but sometimes it's good to just get out of the house and go somewhere else.

I felt guilty after our last encounter as she told me that I don't spend much time with her so I bought her some flowers, a box of donuts and iced coffee from her favorite coffee shop.

"They are so gorgeous." My mom smiles at the flowers. "I can't believe you bought me flowers."

"You're so gorgeous, I can't believe you're not married."

"Petra." She gives me a warning look and I smile innocently at her.

"Mommy."

"You're so annoying but God, I love you so much." She says while pulling me onto her lap as we hug and I smile into the embrace. "Can't believe you went to Napa without me, I'm so heartbroken."

"You told me that you quit drinking."

My mom purses her lips at me as we pull away from the hug, "Girl please."

"We can do our own mommy and me trip sometime soon." I tell her as I move to the seat besides her and we both stretch out our bodies on the sofa. "I've been thinking about what you said and I feel really bad for not prioritising you more. I've just been so focused on my career that I put my own personal life to the side aside from Michael who I practically live with."

"That's why you need to learn how to balance things." She smiles at me. "I don't want you feeling guilty about not seeing me because I understand that you're busy with your work life. I know that you are working on the launch of your cosmetics line so I don't want you feeling like a villain but a phone call wouldn't hurt, you know."

"I know." I give her hand a squeeze. "And I promise to do better."

"Don't promise anything." She sticks her tongue at me. "In the words of the infamous brand that is Nike, just do it."

The next hour is spent catching up on eachother's lives before I show her some of the work that I have been working on.

"Bitch." My mom looks at me wide eyed. "You better put me on the PR list because I want it all and then some."

I laugh at her words, "You're number one on the list."

"I will obviously purchase my own because I'm gonna support my girl but this will sell out fast, I just know it." My mom sighs happily while looking at me. "You really have made me a proud momma."

"And you would make me a prouder daughter if you told me who you were dating."

She pulls a face, "This better not leave your lips or I'll cut you."

"Ok." I smile big while rubbing my hands together. "Who is Ashley Graham dating?"

"Rick Fox."

My jaw drops, "No you are not dating the Rick Fox."

"Yes ma'am."

"The former NBA star turned Rick Fox." I squint my eyes at her. "Your dream man, Rick Fox."

"I'm dating my dream man and he really is dreamy."

"Mommy scored big." I hold my hand up and she high fives me as we laugh. "How did you... How did you meet?"

"Let me remind you that you're not the only famous person here, don't forget your momma has been in the game for twenty years strong." She winks at me and my smile widens. "Someone gifted me season passes to the Lakers game where he coincidently happened to be. We didn't start talking until the second or third time that we saw eachother there and that's when sparks flew."

"So..." I wiggle my brows at her. "When can I plan the wedding?"

"PETRA!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

465K 31.5K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
273K 17.3K 21
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
172K 4.5K 39
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...
1.8M 60.1K 73
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...