What the!!!!!!

By Sarangaeyo15

What happens when an American high school hottie falls in love with an Indian girl but she is a little resist... More

Introduction
Some tiny details
Breakfast and ride to school
Parents
First Day
I met her
I think you have learned your lesson
I did not see that coming
Amanda is 16
Why me?????
Let's make covalent bond
The Engagement
My Birthday
The Game and Aftermath
Telling them to maintain distance
Let's focus on Christmas shopping for now
An Eventful Christmas indeed
Ah what a start!!!!
Thanks for being there
It's Valentine's week
It wasn't easy, nevertheless
The Wedding and other shenanigans
Oh God! That's why?
What have I done!!
What the F
Jealousy is in the air
Sport's event is incomplete without a drama

Finally

1.1K 48 8
By Sarangaeyo15

                   Third Person's POV

"He knows," that's all she could say before she broke into tears and started crying badly.

"Who knows what Trisha and why are you crying?" Amanda asked to her crying sister who was now getting worried thinking what might have happened to make Trisha cry this way.

"He knows Amanda. He knows. He is mad at me," Trisha kept repeating.

Amanda had enough. She now needed to know what the hell happened and for that she first had to calm down her sister who had hiccups by then.

Amanda cupped Trisha's face and made her look at her and said sternly," Trisha look at me and stop crying first." This made Trisha calm a little." Now tell me what happened. You injured yourself but I saw Shawn taking you to the med room, so I didn't come. So, what happened in the meanwhile and why are you crying like you got nothing left?"

Trisha looked at her and told her everything," Well he saw my injury even though I tried hard to hide it and dragged me to took care of it," Trisha paused but Amanda gestured her to continue.

"I was angry at him for not taking me to his team plus my jealousy got the better of me and I started to get it off on him about that girl Bethany and....."

"And what. What happened then?"

"He told me that he knew the reason why I rejected him that it wasn't because I didn't like him but because I misunderstood his friendship with you," Trisha again started crying," and that it hurt him. He was angry that even now I was getting jealous of a junior when I should have said something to him about the prom day and cleared everything and then he left. He hates me Amanda. I messed up big time," Tears were flowing non stop from her eyes.

"He doesn't hate you," Amanda tried assuring her sister.

"No he does. I mean I did made a huge mistake," Trisha was in no state to reason.

"But how did he know?"

"He said he accidentally read my diary," Trisha said between her hiccups.

"So, that's why he asked me if I liked him that day during the summer break."

"What?"

"Remember how I asked you what happened with you and Shawn at the prom and everything," Trish just nodded. She was too shocked to say something.

"Well I did the same with him few weeks back. He didn't want to say anything but you know me, so he spilled everything. But he didn't tell me anything about the reason or whatsoever."

"He must have not wanted to create any trouble between us maybe."

"He must have also thought it wasn't his place to tell. He was so unwilling to even tell what happened at the prom as well."

"What would I do now? He looked so mad when he left. I have never seen him like this before."

Amanda broke the hug and looked at Trisha," You are the topper of our batch. You will surely think of a way and ofcourse I will help. Now let's go before they come looking for us."

"You are right. I will think of a way. I have to," finally a smile appeared on Trisha face which was too gloomy not too long ago. This made Amanda smile too.

                         Shawn's POV

I stormed out of the nurse's office leaving Trisha there. How could she say something like that. I walked and walked until I reached a place where there was no one. I didn't want to have any kind of interaction with anyone. I was simply not in the mood.

It was only 5 minutes since I was there when my anger started to subside and my brain started thinking about everything calmly. Was I too harsh on her? Was I? But how could she accused me when she was the one at fault.

"She wasn't accusing you. She might just be jealous which shows her feelings for you and what you did, you got mad at her. She had tears in her eyes," my sweet and caring side started making me feel bad. Oh God why don't all the different sides of my brain work in sync. One told me to let her talk first, other got angry at her and told her off and now the third one is making me feel bad about it which is working by the way. Why? Why? It's so frustrating. Should I do something.

"Ofcourse you should duffer. No matter what happened, it wasn't important. What's important is the fact that you like her," my reasoning side said. It's right too. I will call her and apologize and before any of the side of my brain could intervene I corrected myself. I will talk to her in person but not today. She must be too mad and angry Trisha is dangerous to health. Plus it's my birthday tomorrow, so I might get some slack maybe. That seems like a good full proof plan. I would do that.

                        Trisha's POV

The games were almost over, so Amanda and I came back home as I was too drained with all the playing and crying. We reached home and Amanda asked me to have some rest while she went to get some water for the both of us.

I was sitting in the living room, my mind still thinking about some way I could talk to Shawn. Earlier I decided not to call him right away as I wanted to give him some space. He was mad at me and for the very right reasons, so I decided to let him calm his nerves.

Amanda came and gave me the water and sat opposite to me. We both were quiet for some time when suddenly an idea popped in my head.

"Yes. That's it," I almost screamed in joy ofcourse.

"What? What?" Amanda was startled as it was silent a while ago.

"The way I could reconcile with Shawn. I get it," I replied happily.

"Really? How?"

"Well it's his birthday tomorrow. So, I was thinking of arranging a surprise for him at his parents' restaurant. That way I would apologize to him and also....," I stopped. I was getting shy saying that loud.

"And also what?" Amanda asked.

"Well.....,"

"Well? Oh common Trisha. Spill it already." Amanda and her impatience.

"Well profess my feelings as well." I finally said it.

"Wow sis. Finally something worthy of appreciation other than the academics."

"Hey!!"

"Just kidding. That's a great plan. I only have this littleee question," she did that gesture of tiny with her index finger and thumb.

"What?"

"How are you gonna do all that? Why would his parents allow it and what would you say. Hey hello Mr and Mrs Allen. It's just that I need to throw a surprise for your son's birthday. The only thing is it's just for us two and reason being well I ditched him first. Why? Well long story short I am a big fool and now I want to correct my mistake," Amanda enacted the whole future scenario according to her.

"That I will manage. I have to," I said with sheer determination.

"My best wishes are with you." And we both started laughing.

I have said it but it's not going to be easy. I just hope everything goes as I had thought.

**************
I had everything planned in my mind. The only thing left was to execute it. So, for the first step I asked Amanda to distract Shawn by proposing a party or get together so that he won't come to his parents' restaurant at any cost while I prepare for the surprise. This step was no big deal. The next step was to ask Shawn's parents for the favour which was the twisted one but I decided to do it anyway. I had no other choice.

In the evening when mom and dad came home as usual they both panicked seeing a bandage in my hand and I had to assure them that I was nothing serious. They only calmed when Amanda too said that same thing. They always think I understate the facts so they don't worry.
After having dinner, Amanda and I full proved our plan and went to sleep. It's going to be a roller coaster tomorrow.

                         Shawn's POV

I had already decided to talk it out with Trisha and even apologize for being too harsh on her. It was true that I was hurt by her rejection and even mad knowing the silly reason but that still didn't give me the right to be that harsh on her for making the choices she wanted. She was at fault for misunderstanding the whole thing but now I was too.

I was just lying on the bed thinking how I was gonna do what I had decided. An idea popped up in my head. I would organise a party or get together something and invite Amanda and her as well. I know I should have apologise and talk to her alone as it's a big matter for us but I had no other choice as she wouldn't come otherwise. I was proud of my plan, so I decided to reward myself and slept.

I woke up in the evening with a smile on my face as I was finally gonna resolve my issues with Trisha. Even though I have so many friends to talk to or hang out with but I was missing talking to her, teasing her, getting scolded by her and what not. Maybe I had become a lovesick puppy and I didn't mind.

The evening went usually with me taking my brother and Bruno to the park, playing with them and at night we had our dinner and we decided to just sit in the living area and talk about random stuff till the clock hit 12. We chit chatted till 12 and then cut the cake and family like any other happy crazy family started singing the birthday song. We all said goodnight to each other and retired to our rooms.

I came back to my room and checked my phone which was lying on the bed. I left it there purposely as I didn't want my family time to be disturbed. I opened my messages and there were messages from almost everyone Amanda, even Bethany but not from the one I wanted. It was not like I didn't value the other messages but you all might understand how it feels to get the message from that special someone, someone you like. You wait for it patiently but she didn't. Maybe she would have if that sports day fiasco hadn't happened. She might have rejected me but she would have still wished me but that day ruined everything.
Now that I think about it, any event related to sports had never been of any good memories for us. "You saw her for the very first time in a sports' event too. It was a different matter that you were fighting with her best friend beating the each other," my subconsciousness reminded me. Well that's true too. I just hoped she would come at the small meet.

Next morning I woke up and did all my usual chores and the moment I was done with all that I called Amanda.

"Good morning birthday boy. I was about to call you," she said the moment she picked up the call.

"Soul connection," I chuckled.

"No thank you. Leave that for my sister. Anyway what's up?"

"Well I was thinking if we could meet like all our group for my birthday. A small get together type."

"I don't know about soul connection but we do think alike. I was about to call to for the same."

"Wow! That's great and one more thing Amanda if you could bring your sister too. That would be the best birthday present. Please," I was sceptical whether Trisha told her about our fight at the nurse's office. I saw her going to that direction so there was a chance that she knew but I still asked.

"Well I would have loved to give you that present but hate to break it to you love boy she is not here."

"What! Where is she?" It was like someone push me and I fell too hard. She wasn't home. There went all my reconciliation plan in the drain.

"Well she has gone to her uncle's house. She will be back at night."

"Oh okay," I said disheartened.

"We are still on, right?" I had to as I was the one who made the plan and called her.

"Yaa sure." No! No! I wasn't sure. I didn't want to.

"See you later then. Bye."

"Bye," I disconnected the call and started getting ready for the party I planned with so much enthusiasm which then had turned into gloom.

                       Trisha's POV

It was midnight and I so wanted to wish him at midnight but stopped myself as I had the whole thing planned for tomorrow. But for the peace of my mind I wished him inwardly in my heart.

In the morning I asked Amanda to give him a call and ask him for the get together that we discussed to distract him so I could go and arrange everything.

She was about to call him when she received a call by him. She picked the call and as if that time luck was on my side, he proposed the idea of a small meet up.

The phone was on speaker so I could hear everything. He then asked Amanda if she could bring me as well. Amanda gave me a big smile and I knew by her look that she wanted to tell me that she was right about Shawn not hating me. I was happy and relieved too but we had to make some excuse for my absence.

Amanda made an excuse that I had to visit my uncle and won't be back till night. He sounded low so I signalled Amanda to talk. She still managed to ask him for the party and he said yes. Half of my work was done. What left was going to his parents.
***********************

Amanda went to the meet up with Shawn and other which gave the opportunity to visit his parents. I was nervous and anxious as hell. I was dreading what if he had told his parents about the prom night, maybe atleast his mother. He wasn't someone to tell something like this. He didn't even tell his friends but my overthinking self had to imagine worst case scenarios.

I still went to their restaurant. I entered the place and the moment Mrs Allen saw me, she engulfed me in a hug which gave me the assurance that he didn't tell them.

"Hello Trisha. How are you dear?" Mr Allen asked. She was so sweet.

"I am all good Mr Allen. How are you? How's everything?"

"Well we are all hunky Dory. Though I am a little upset with you," she made a mad face.

"What! Why?" Oh God. Did she know.

"Why haven't you visited us since so long?" So, she was fake mad. That's a relief.

I smiled embarrassingly," I am so sorry about that. I just had so much on my plate. Exams, then my visit to India and everything."

"Oh right! How was the wedding? Shawn told us about that."

"He did?"

"Ofcourse. You are his most favourite topic," she said faintly but I heard.

"Sorry?"

"Nothing dear," she smiled. " So, what do you wanna have?"

"Well I am not here to eat anything. I actually have a favor to ask."

"Okayy."

"Please don't take it in a wrong way or anything please," I asked her beforehand. I mean there was a high chance she would. Who wouldn't? If a girl comes to you and ask you to give her your restaurant for an hour or so that also to arrange a surprise for you son. Well if that's not something intriguing then I don't know what is.

"First tell me what is it sweetheart," Mr Allen also came by then.

"I need your restaurant for an hour or so. I have to plan a surprise for Shawn," I said the last part slowly with my head downwards.

"Is that all?" She asked.

"Huh?" I looked at him. " Aren't you gonna ask me why and all the questions with the wh family?"

"Do you want us to," this time it was Mr Allen.

I jerked my head saying no.

"Then it's done I guess," the couple smiled.

"Thank you so much both of you."

And as the sweethearts and peaches ther were, they closed there shop early for me and even helped me with the decorations. When we were done they told me that they would leave then

"There is one more thing." I aske them to call Shawn and ask him to come over there which his mother happily did. Just come Mr Shawn Allen. You will be surprised. I did a happy dance in my mind.

                       Shawn's POV
I went to the party half heartidly. Everyone was there even Beth but not the person I wanted to. Anyway we ordered some snacks and beverages and started chit chatting.

The party was almost over when mom called me and asked me to come to the restaurant asap. I asked her the reason but she just told me that she would tell me when I would reach there. I told Amanda and others about that and headed to the restaurant.

I told everyone that I was leaving and left for the restaurant. I reached there and both mom and dad were waiting for me outside the restaurant. I wondered what was the matter.

"Hey mom! Everything good? Why did you ask me to come here?" I bombarded them with my questions.

"Everything is fine son. It's just that your mom and I had to go to one of my friends' house this moment, so we thought you could help us," dad said taking glances at mom. I found it a little suspicious but still.

"You don't have to do anything. You just have to do some cleaning and then you could close it and go home," mom added.
"But guys why so suddenly? It's my birthday. Is it really urgent?"

"We know sweetheart but don't worry we will be back for dinner. Just trust us. Okay? We are getting late so you head inside. We will meet you at home. Bye," mom gave me a peck on the cheek and they left.

It was really odd. Something was not right. I was having a feeling about it nevertheless I went inside and the light were off. Strange. I started to walk to the switch board to switch on the lights when I saw some light coming from kitchen's direction. It was not that bright but bright enough as that of candles and with that came a voice. The voice that my heart secretly was craving to hear.
"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Shawn. Happy birthday to you."

There standing was Trisha in front of me holding a cake in her hand looking in my eyes. She put the cake on the table and quickly switched on the light.

As soon as the lights turned on I took in my surrounding. It was decorated with birthday banners, balloons and etc etc. It was looking nice. So, that's why my parents were being all sneaky. I looked at the person in front of me who was also looking at me.

My heart was doing summersaults and doing the happy dance looking at the decorations and most importantly the person standing in front of me. I came out of my zone and decided to apologise for my yesterday's behavior but before I could say anything she started speak.

" Before you say anything or ask me to go away just listen to me first. Then you can say or do whatever you want but first me," she misunderstood it, so I decided to clear it but the moment I opened my mouth to say something she again stopped me," No, no. I told you na first let me say what I wanna say. Please." I knew her stubborn self won't let me say anything so I decided to let her continue.

She took a deep breath and started," Dear Shawn, first all of I am really sorry for being so dense and stupid all this while. I know I go around being the topper, know it all but when I actually had to know things I became so oblivious and did such a blunder. I rejected you. The first guy who ever told me that he liked me. The first guy I have ever liked," she said she liked me. I didn't believe my ears. The thing I so wanted to hear, she finally said it. Without her knowing I even pinched myself to check if I wasn't dreaming it all but thankfully I wasn't but I kept quiet as she wasn't finished.

"I never thought that the person I disliked for beating my friend would become one of the most important person in my life. I held back for many reasons. I was a bit sceptical too. You know na I never had any relationship and all," she chuckled embarrassingly," but as I started spending time with you, it became hard for me to stop, stop thinking about you, to not care and I don't even know when I started liking you."

                       Trisha's POV

I did it. I finally confessed my feelings to him. I was too nervous but I did it.

I looked at him and he was standing still looking at me, so I continued," I am sorry for not accepting your proposal at the prom. I was an idiot. I thought I would suppress my feelings but when I saw you with that girl, my blood boiled," I looked at Shawn and saw a smile almost forming but he changed his expressions back to serious the moment our eyes met.

"I accept everything. I like you. I like you a lot and I get jealous easily. I am very possessive when it comes to people I like. So, if your feelings haven't changed please be my boyfriend." I just finished saying that when he hugged me. I was a bit taken back by it for a moment but then hugged him back," So, does that mean you still like me?"

He broke the hug and looked at me," What do you think?"

We both laughed and hugged each other again.

"Happy birthday again."

"Thank you for this beautiful gift," he looke at me then pecked my forehead and trust me like I have read in novels, I did feel butterflies in my stomach or something like that," but I am still a little angry, so you have to make it up to me, okay?"

"Okay. I will try my best to make it up to you," I smiled at him while he was already smiling so lovingly.

Shawn was looking at me lovingly, tracing my face features with his eyes when they landed on my lips. Oh my God. That was how they showed it in movies and shows. That's how they kiss. He started leaning towards me and unconsciously I did too.

And just like it was always with me, something needs to get wrong. The moment we almost had my first kiss, our very first kiss, my stomach made such embarrassing sound. God I should just run away from here and hide in a cave and never get out.

Shawn looked at me and I chuckled embarrassingly," In the run for doing all the preparation I skipped lunch you see." I knew the damage was already done. It was not like it never happened before. I had in front of my friends and family but you know how you don't specifically don't want to be embarrassed in front of your crush and this person standing in front of me was my boyfriend. God!!!!

Shawn cupped my face and smiled," Then we should eat something first. We have all our time for the other thing," and he winked.

Oh my God. Oh my!!! I was sure my face resembled a tomato that time. I was already embarrassed and now I was flustered as well. God. Shawn started laughing at my reaction.

I lightly hit him on his shoulder," You think it's funny?"

"Ouch," he just nodded," now let's have something even I am famished."

"Yaa let's do that."

I took him to the table and went to the kitchen to get the food prepared not by me but by her parents and I. When I came back Shawn had an envelope in his hands.

He looked at me and asked," What's in this. It says ' I didn't fall for you, you tripped me Mr Allen ' ," he gave me a questioning look.

"Well it is your birthday gift. It's a poem I wrote for you. Go on open it and read," I hurt Shawn before when he was so sincere with his feelings, so I wanted to do something else too besides all the decorations and my confession and that's when I wrote a poem for him. It was inspired by a line form on of my favourite novels turned into movie, To all the boys I loved before. I am big Peter Kavinsky Lara Jean fan you see.

"No. You wrote it for me. It's your feelings. You read it," I was too shy but he gave me encouraging look so I did it.

I didn't fall for you, you tripped me.

"​I was a normal girl with a simple life,
Had no such expectations from the word love.
I never dared to even try and fall in love,
Never tried to understand its concept.
It was all foreign to me,
Kind of like an alien language, definitely not made for me.
Then you made an entry,
It was quite something I must agree.
You had something, something that intrigued me,
Wanting to know more, indulge myself for a better understanding.
You knew what you were doing to me,
I was sure you were doing it intentionally,
Still I let my curiosity get the better of me.
The more I got to know, the more I craved for it,
Didn't realise when love got me,
Made me feel like a lovesick puppy.
I admit that I love you,
But I didn't fall for you,
It was you Mr, you tripped me."

After I finished the poem, Shawn was intently looking at me with a smile.

"What," I asked chuckling.

"You are seriously something else Trisha Sharma Cooper," he said sincerely.

"I am really hoping it was a compliment."

He chuckled," It definitely was." He again smiled and said," I am really grateful that I got into that fight with Sam. For once he turned out helpful."

"I am so confused right now whether to say me too or glare at you to be shamelessly proud for something you shouldn't be."

"Well me too would be great," he winked at me and we both started laughing.

"You are impossible."

After our sweet bickering we ate our dinner and talked about almost everything. Shawn was someone I was grateful to find other than my family and friends. He understood me the way I wanted to be and we shared so many ideologies. Some things were different but what's the fun without having things mixed up a little.

Looking at him I felt so happy and content. Before, I had a loving family, and nice friends but now I also had a person whom I could call my boyfriend, a person I like other than my close circle of people. I felt like I got everything.

That's it for today.
Good night,
My dear diary.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.7K 699 28
"Arranged?." I asked. "Yes. " She replied. There comes a time in your life when you feel utterly guilty of leading a life you never wanted. But the...
57.1K 5.3K 51
*ROM-COM* COMPLETED #1 in India feb 2023 Want to read a Happy simple cute funny story? ↩️ Not a routine Dramatic indian story. Laugh & enjoy the Lov...
41.1K 3.9K 31
"For all the girls who loathe the idea of 𝑨 π’Œπ’π’Šπ’ˆπ’‰π’• π’Šπ’ 𝒂 π’”π’‰π’Šπ’π’Šπ’π’ˆ π’‚π’“π’Žπ’π’“ he wants to be your π™‹π™§π™šπ™–π™˜π™π™šπ™§." #𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 1 𝗼𝗳 οΏ½...
321K 32.9K 181
Special mention in #Wattpad love awards Most impressive rankings #1 in Together-11/06/2022 #2 in Emotional-13/11/2021 #3 in Emotional-15/11/2021 #3 i...