Under commanders orders

By Badu22

COMANDER: " where are you going? I haven't dismissed you yet" COLE: " I'm following instructions sir" COMAN... More

PREFACE
Hard times and harder emotions
The military
Encounter
Tactical elimination
Showers
Power

Blood and sweat

31 2 0
By Badu22

{ Cole's POV }

The aura from that night replayed in my mind over and over again. Something just seemed a little... off? It rattled my brain as I lay in my bed. I had woken up early again feeling groggy, I just couldn't fall asleep correctly here. I decided to get ready and head out to the lake.

It was such a peaceful place, the water rippling the sound calm sounds of it all. It took away all the stress, it took away the reminders of home and everything. It reminded me of my mother, she was able to do that type of thing with ease.

I still have my phone, there hasn't been any regulations against it yet, but I feel like it's coming. I've been texting Amber this whole time since my father hasn't been responding. It's stressful, knowing I'm practically all alone in the exception of her.

I haven't been able to interact with the others as well as I did with Kareem and Mason. For some reason everyone's been keeping a distance. Like their all on a determined mission. Their so uptight, and they keep glaring at me. Especially at the assembly, the way the all looked at us, it was kind of like a form of hate. And it increased every time I was near the guys.

I took a few more moments to admire the water and collect my rambling thoughts. I tried getting up but slipped on a rock and cut my hand on a branch trying to catch myself from falling.

CO: " AH!" My hand trembled as the blood sept threw the newly cut skin. It wasn't as deep as a knife wound, but deep enough to hurt like hell.

I tried to look around and find something but nothing I could use was around. I headed back up the stony steps and trail back to camp. I got up earlier than the day before so nothing and no one was out.

The camp was quiet and calm. It looked dead, in a way. I decided to look around in hopes of seeing someone out or available but couldn't find anything. As a last resort I decided to knock on the door of the one person I knew would most likely be up. Him.

* KNOCK*
* KNOCK*
* KNOCK*

On the third knock the door swung open swiftly. There stood the commander. He was half naked with only a towel to cover the bottom half of his body. There was still water droplets all over his chest and his hair was sopping wet. It was covering his face more than he wanted it to as he ran his hand threw the front pulling it back. I noticed his tattoo but didn't have enough time to as he cleared his throat.

COM: "Ahem" he cleared his throat and looked to the side.

I must have looked like such an idiot admiring his body. I really didn't know what to say as his body language clearly changed completely.

I brought up my hand to show him the cut, my voice slightly wavering. Hoping he didn't notice it.

CO: " I accidentally cut my hand, and there's no one in the tents..."

He looked somewhat frazzled. Even in that state he looked terrifying. His sharp eyes stared directly into mine boring a hole threw my skull.
He motioned his head inside and made room for me to walk in. I walked in slowly, standing right beside his couch. He walked up to the kitchen area, lifting up his arms to reach above the shelf and retrieve what looked like a first aid kit.

I admired his shoulder blades as the flex and the way his muscles contracted. I could get a clear view of his tattoo. It ran from his arm to across his back and down his towel. I couldn't help but wonder what the rest of the tattoo looked like.

He turned around and headed towards me, the towel had just slightly slipped further down his waist revealing a sharp V. There was definitely something wrong with me, I had never thought about this type of thing before. And I had never had to experience these strange feelings.

He sat down and started to pull materials out of the small bag. While still staring at the bag,

COM: " sit," his voice was deep and direct and I didn't protest. I layer out my hand showing him the cut, it wasn't bleeding as much as before but there was still a lot covering it.

He gently pulled my hand in cleaning it precisely. Using a wet cotton pad he started cleaning the area.

CO: * hissss*

It stung more than I thought it would. He stopped immediately and just stared up at me. From then on he went slower but still quickly patching it up.

He finished up quickly leaving nothing behind. He looked at me a last time then zipped the bag back up.

COM: " do you have a fever?"

CO: " no?"

COM: " then why is your face red" it took me back a little, turning my head in embarrassment. I quickly got up and headed to the door.

My emotions were somewhat conflicted, because there was more to him then just the outside. I wasn't just feeling fear, but something else?

I thanked him and left to head out. He didn't say anything but headed to his room and shut the door. I left the building and headed to the track. I saw Mason standing on the edge as Kareem ran. He was leaning on the railing counting the laps and timing it.

I joined him by the edge leaning on the fence. He noticed my hands and concern was etched onto his face. He looked at it and then my face expecting an answer.

CO: " I cut myself on a tree and got patched up"

MA: " how did you manage to do something so foolish?"

CO: " I wasn't paying attention and there's water everywhere"

MA: " water? It's super dry everywhere here"

CO: "yeah, not everywhere tho" He looked at me with a quizzical look, and was about to speak up once again but was interrupted by Kareem coming to join us.

He was out of breath and was gulping down a bottle of water that was later beside the track. He came at us smiling and nodded at both Mason and me.

KA: " so whats so important you stopped counting my track ?"

MA: " Co-

CO: " nothing , just talking about how we need to wake up early" I gave Mason a knowing look and he gave Kareem one. Of course he picked up on it and gave me a curious look as if to tell me he knew something was up. He quickly changed up and started smiling again, now talking about his bed.

KA: " yeah the beds suck, we're in a room with four people and the bunk beds are completely flat. We got 2 drawers and zero space. Worst part is we gotta share showers. Can't deal with seeing other people naked, not unless I'm making love to them" he chuckled at his last reply and Mason grinned and looked away.

KA: " so what room are you stuck in? Don't think I've ever seen you walk in the same direction as us"

CO: " I was the last one here so.."

MA: " Did you get stuck in the back room? Is that why we never see you?"

KA: "God that must suck, it's always behind the shower and you gotta be away from everyone"

What were they talking about? I never heard of that? I was about to speak up and correct them, but stopped myself since Luke told me it would be best if I kept my mouth shut.

KA: " The worst part about the showers isn't even, the smell, it's the fact that a commander has to stay outside of it in case something happens, we got shower curtains tho, so it's a step up from other places"

MA: " have you gone in yet Cole? No offence but you kinda smell a bit dude"

CO: " sorry just didn't find the chance, I've been busy taking care of everything else"

KA: " we got bigger issues to think about then Cole's BO right now, today's the day they take our phones"

CO: " do you know for how long?" I must of looked a little frantic saying it since they looked at me kinda unsure.

MA: " they take our phones for the entirety of being her on the exception of weekends and emergencies"

KA: " they want to limit our contact with the outside, but I don't think that's such a bad thing" he looked a little distant saying that. I wanted to confront him about it but was interrupted by an announcement.

G-C: " EVERYONE AT THE TRACK NOW" he rang a super large bell waking everyone up in the process thats for sure, I just hope he doesn't do that every day.

MA: " we should pick our spots before everyone else gets over here" they both headed towards the centre, I followed behind but slowed down as I spotted someone in the trees.

He didn't look suspicious, he just leaned against the tree observing everything, he was tall, but not as built as Mas and Kare. He had very long blonde hair tied in a bun and his uniform on. It was just odd.

I walked over to the others and just brushed it off, maybe he was just being normal and I was being weird and paranoid.

G-C: " Alright everyone, today's the day. You all know what this is, drop your phone in the bucket collect it on Saturday. Rinse and repeat every week, white tent in the lock safe"

G-C: " if you don't put your name on it and it gets stolen, that's on you, if you steal or we find a phone in your possession when not allowed, also on you"

CO: That's definitely gonna cause some future problems. I stepped over on my feet feeling anxious. I felt like my only support system was Amber.

He came over with a large bucket and stickers, we followed his instructions and kissed our stuff goodbye.

G-C: " alright everyone, we're starting off easy this week. But that's only to prepare you for what's to come" let's start off with some physical activities then a game"

—————
[ After about 2 hours of physical training ]

G-C: " GATHER AROUND FOR THE GAME! GOOD WORK EVERYONE"

If that was easy what the hell were we doing next week?! He made us run more laps than I can count tested our strength in every aspect, and now wants us to play a stupid game? Even the other guys were done for. How Kar and Mase managed to stay alive is beyond me. My body felt kinda heavy and my hand still hurt but I wanted to play a game for once. Everything here has been so strict. Maybe this'll help everyone spirit.

G- C " alright everyone we'll be playing capture the flag"

Hey guys! Author here, hope you enjoyed this part stay tuned for the next chapter. 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.5M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...