Vaazhka Pogum Dhooram Neeyum...

By the_raangi_rangamma

"You made me feel special since the day I met you. I never knew that being loved by someone will be ecstatic... More

Author's Note❀️
PrologueπŸ’›
CastπŸ’˜
IntroductionπŸ€—
The Ponnu Paakura Moment😘
Author's Note ❀️
Meeting eachother πŸ’—
Meeting eachother πŸ’— - 2
His supriseπŸ’˜
Thank you πŸ’“
Important person🀨
Mission- VARUPIKAπŸ’—
Alone timeπŸ’˜
Alone time πŸ’˜ - 2
Reunion 😜
Night out πŸŒƒ
Character aestheticsπŸ’›
Shopping πŸ›οΈ
Engagement πŸ’πŸ’Œ
Gifts, Photo shoots and more...πŸ’—
Ooruku PoromπŸŽ’
Mudhal MuthamπŸ’«
Paatu Paadava🎢
Culturals🌌
Possessiveness πŸ˜˜πŸ’—
Sadhasivam😈
Protest✊
Kidnap β›“
GratitudeπŸ’–
Kidnap ⛓️ -2
Birthday πŸŽ‚
You made it special πŸ’œ
Interview 🎀
Naanga oru Nari kootam 😌
Love Panlaama? Venaama?
King Of The Hell
New Cover!!
The Businessman

Diwali!!!πŸ’₯

356 30 12
By the_raangi_rangamma

Priya's POV

"Priya!!! Wake up!! It's already 9!!! I'm gonna dump your face with a bucket of water if you don't wake up!!"
I heard my mother shouting through my phone. I woke up and switched off the alarm.

What? I was indeed serious when I told Shantima that I will record her scolding me and would make it my alarm ringtone.

I walked up to my balcony and saw the sun slowly waking up from its slumber.  Finally... I can proudly tell that I'm earlier than my biggest enemy sun.

I saw the time it was still 3 in the morning. I have to get ready!!! I took a hot refreshing shower and came out of the restroom. I danced for a while and started grooming myself.

I wore a dark green half saree and pinned some jasmine flowers in my already braided hair.

I went downstairs and started preparing everything for breakfast.
After nearly one and half hours I finished my cooking and saw them beautifully arranged in the utensils.

And the next half an hour was spent cleaning and decorating the pooja room.

I then woke up Shantima and Thaatha. They both were as shocked as you guys after knowing that I did everything alone that too for the first time.

"Amma... Fast!! I have to go!! It's already 5:15"

I said ushering Shantima to finish the pooja soon.

After finishing the pooja and serving it to my mom and thaatha, I packed it in a carrier and left the house.

The climate outside was so surreal. The cold breeze, the birds chirping, few aunties drawing kolam in front of their houses... It all felt so good.

I finally reached my destination. I rang the doorbell to be welcomed by the heartwarming smile of Lakshmi ma.

I went inside and saw Arun appa sitting at the dining table chopping some vegetables. (Arunachalam is so long right? So I'm addressing him as Arun appa)

Arun appa: Hey marumagaley (daughter in law)!! Am I dreaming? My marumagal came here that too early morning. See darling it's just 6. It's midnight according to you right?

Me: Yeah appa. You're right. But I'm here to help you to avoid cutting those vegetables.

Arun appa: Don't say YOU cooked... I don't want to die so soon.

Priya: Of course I cooked. Don't worry. I won't let you die on an auspicious day. It will be good only.

Lakshmi ma: Of course it'll be good darling. And you, Dr Arunachalam, don't dare make fun of my daughter in law.

Priya: *chuckles* Ok ma, where is Aditi? She's still sleeping, right?

Lakshmi ma: Obviously! You know her right? She's your biggest competitor when it comes to sleeping.

Priya: Yeah yeah. Ok, let me go and wake her up.

Lakshmi: No no. Wait Kanna (endearment). She won't wake up if you just call her by her name or shake her a bit. I have to pull a huge stunt to wake her up. I'll take care of her. You go and give this coffee to your Paapu da Kanna.

Priya: Ok ma.

I chirped and climbed up the stairs not before taking the coffee mug from Lakshmi ma's hand.

I opened his room but stopped on the threshold as soon as I saw him working out on his balcony. God!!! How can a person be this hot? Just, how is this possible? He's going to be the death of me someday.

I came out of my daydream when I heard Vikram clearing his throat.

Vikram: Good morning.

I looked at him shocked. He's supposed to be surprised seeing me. I was really confused. So, why not voice out my question?

Priya: What? Good morning? Mister! Sir Ku innaiku kaalaila irundhe duty irukum, busy ah irupeenga nu naan laam ivlo kaalaila elundhadhu mattum illama, naan first time samachi, enga nee duty ku poiduviyo nu avasara avasaram ah vandha... Nee just good morning nu sollitu pora? Yen ya am I looking like a joke to you? (I knew that you'll be busy because of your work especially today and I, like, I woke up early, cooked for the first time that too for you and brought breakfast for you in a hurry burry. And your reaction to it is just a 'good morning'? Am I a joke to you?)

Vikram: Ma... Wait wait... I already knew that you would be coming here.

Priya: What? How?

Vikram: Shantima told🤷🏻‍♂️

Priya: What the- I had the spy just next to me. Leave having her next to me. I just informed her and came. And she would have told you about everything. Wow!! My own mother spoilt my surprise. Wonderful!!

Vikram: Ammu... Who said that I was not surprised? I was indeed surprised to know that you understood me and my job so well. I was surprised to see that you woke up this early in your entire life just for me. And, I'm so happy and surprised to know that you cooked for the first time for me. So, each and every effort from you no matter big or small will always make me happy. 

I went forward to hug him but he stopped me and said,

"Aye!! Wait, I'm stinking. Let me go and take a bath. You wait down. Let's eat breakfast together." To which I replied with a pout.

Vikram: You better stop pouting or don't scold me saying that what will ma and pa think and all after kissing you.

Priya: Actually, I don't mind.😏

"But I mind" a voice interrupted me. I turned towards the direction of the voice and saw Aditi standing in the corridor.

Aditi: Anni, you can continue your romance later. Come let's have breakfast. I'm so hungry.

She whined like a child making me chuckle. She turned behind a stuck out her tongue at her brother not before dragging me to the dining table downstairs.

Vikram descended the steps in his uniform while we all were waiting for him, except for Aditi. This kid is so impatient when it comes to food. More impatient than me.

We all had our breakfast together and Vikram insisted on dropping me home even though I had a scooter. He told me that Aditi would drop it and persuaded me to hop on his bike.

The road was now a bit crowded. Few people were going here and there in their vehicles. The roads were filled with children bursting crackers happily.

I would be happy every Diwali firing crackers and watching shows. This year it was so special because of the person in front of me. My Vikram. My Paapu. He came into my life and made it much more beautiful. He also gave me a beautiful family.

I hope every Diwali will be like this hereafter. So happy and so bright.

****************************

Hey Lakshmi vedis,

   Happy Diwali!!! Have a very safe Diwali with your loved ones beside you. Remember, Diwali is a festival of lights. Not a festival of pollution, noise allergy. So please minimise the use of crackers.🙏

    I hope you guys liked this chapter.

Do vote and comment 🙏

With love,
~Nila💜🌙

1210 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.9K 2K 22
"π‘«π’–π’π’Šπ’šπ’‚π’ π’Œπ’ π’…π’Šπ’Œπ’‰π’‚π’π’‚ π’„π’‰π’‚π’‰π’•π’Š 𝒉𝒐, π’Œπ’Š π’ƒπ’Šπ’˜π’Š 𝒉𝒐 π’Žπ’†π’“π’Š?" ~~ "𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 π’Šπ’” 𝒂 π’π’Šπ’†" "𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒏 π’šπ’π’– 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃...
339K 13K 27
"You still love her? What do you mean by that? you love her when you are the cause of her sorrow? you love her? don't forget the fact that you were...
87K 3.9K 24
#1 in short-story out of 325K stories!! on 28 September 2023 Give it a try!! ---‐-------- "So I was not worthy of you?" It was more of a statement fo...
2.5M 91.3K 75
Two People Put Together In A Arranged Marriage One Hates The Other, While The Other Only Wants Some Love Let's See Maya and Aditya's Journey Towards...