✓Hidden Love (IZONE SERIES #1)

By o_orinini

Crossing paths with her is not my intention, it just happened. There's this day that I saw her crying while s... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53 - ChaeKkura's Bridal Shower
Chapter 54 - Chaeyeon's Bachelorette Party
Chapter 55
Special Chapter

Chapter 20

108 4 2
By o_orinini

Yena's POV

***PRESENT TIME***

It's already 3:30PM but I'm still here in the studio where Chaewon's interview was happening. She's not yet done with her interview, that's why I'm not leaving yet. I want to bid my goodbye properly to Chaewon, is there a problem with that?

I feel my phone vibrating continuously. I looked at it's screen since I was just holding it.

It's Eunbi unnie's secretary.

I answered the call.

"Sunbaenim, the board of directors were starting to show up one by one now."

"I'm on my way." I ended the call.

"Unnie," Chaewon suddenly appeared.

"You're done with your interview already?" I looked at her, surprised.

"Yup. We started earlier than expected since the photoshoot was also finished early."

I nodded and smiled at her.

"You have a meeting at 4 right?"

"Yeah, I'm just waiting for you so I can bid my goodbye properly."

"Where will you ride?"

"Ahmm..." I smiled at her deviously.

"In your car?"

She glared at me.

"Please," I do some aegyo even though I am wearing my face mask.

"Fine."

I smiled at her.

"Just get the key to oppa."

I nodded and hugged her.

"Sorry." I said while hugging her.

She patted my back. I let go of the hug and bid my goodbye to her. I approached her manager and got the key from him. After getting the key, I ran out of the studio.

Eunbi unnie will kill me if she finds out that I am late!

I went where I parked Chaewon's car. I immediately rode it and fastened my seatbelt. I drive as if I have a race. I almost got a violation because of that. Well, it's still okay since it's just 5 seconds before the green light becomes a red light. I still need to go to my apartment to change my clothes. 

*Timeskip*

It's already 4:19 but I'm still here in the car, parking it in the parking lot here in the Entertainment.

Oh geez, I'm in trouble.

After parking it, I immediately get my phone and then get out of the car. I feel my phone vibrating continuously but I ignore it. When I enter the building they all bow at me but once again, I ignore them. I was freaking late and I'm more scared of Eunbi unnie than those people who know nothing but to criticize others. I saw an elevator that was about to close but thankfully, an employee opened the door for me. She bowed and greeted me. I smiled at her and nodded. I pressed '12'. Because the elevator takes so long to reach the 12th floor, I start to panic. Minutes have passed and I can't take it anymore. I looked at my phone and it's already 4:26 and we are just on the 10th floor. I also saw 3 missed calls from Eunbi unnie's secretary.

F*ck, I'm doomed!

When the door finally opened on the 12th floor, I didn't waste my time and immediately got off the elevator. I saw a nerd girl in her 20's and she was wearing an earpiece. She looks like she is waiting for someone to get out of the elevators for VIP's.

The hell? Why did I forget that that is the elevator that I always used?

I facepalmed in the thought of that. The nerd girl noticed me and approached me hurriedly.

"Ms. Duckie?"

I nodded.

"This way." She led me to the conference room at the end of the hallway.

She opened the door for me. I start to feel my heart beating so freaking fast as if it wants to get out of my chest.

Come on, Yena. You can do it!

"Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce you to the Co-Owner and the Co-Chief Executive Officer, Ms. Choi Yena."

W.H.Y.I.S.S.H.E.H.E.R.E?!

I just found myself in front of the wide table, facing the board members. They all stand up and clap their hands.

I'm really nervous right now, like I want to be unseen.

I smiled at them to hide my nervousness.

Is my face okay? Is my outfit bad?

(Yena's look and outfit)

"Why are you late?" Eunbi unnie whispered in secret.

"I'll tell you later." I answered in whisper secretly.

I scanned the room to look for the CEO of (G)I-DLE. My gaze landed on a man wearing a suit. He looked fierce and serious and he was clapping along with the other board members. He seemed to notice that I was looking at him, that's why I looked away. They all stop clapping and sit down to their respective chairs. Eunbi unnie left me here in front and she sat down at one of the chairs.

"Thank you for making time for this meeting. I know that all of you were always curious about the identity of the COO and Co-CEO. I am here in front of you because I decided to reveal myself."

I looked at each of them.

"This company was running for 5 years now and in all those years, I didn't attend any meeting that was held and I am really sorry for that." I said sincerely.

"Starting from today, you will see me in every meeting that we will have but I'm sorry to say that I can't reveal myself to the media so please let's keep this confidential."

One of the members of the board raised his hand. As I remember he is Moon Dongkyu.

"What if we oppose that you will remain as the Co-CEO? What will you do?"

Eunbi unnie looked surprised at his question while I remained calm since I expected that to happen.

"I'm willing to get down in my position." I answered shortly.

Eunbi unnie stands up from her seat.

"Yena,"

I just ignored Eunbi unnie.

"But before I do that, I have one question." I moved close to the table and looked at him.

"Did I fail to do my tasks and job as a Co-CEO?"

"Yeah, you didn't---"

"She may not have attended those meetings in the past few years but she didn't fail to do her job." The inside director cut him off.

Oh, this is what I didn't expect.

"Mr. Ko is right. She helps Ms. Kwon a lot." The outside director agreed.

"Besides, she is protecting her privacy just like our artists." The chairwoman seconded.

"Is that what you called privacy? She should have not accepted the position if that's what she will do." Mr. Moon said.

"That's why she is here. To make this right." - Vice-chairwoman

"She can't show up anytime she wants." - Mr. Moon

It looked like it was him versus us.

"You just want to get her position don't you?"

All of us looked at Ms. Bae. I can say that her voice and aura is the scariest here. We all remained silent for a moment.

"Well, I agree with the fact that Ms. Choi didn't attend any meetings in those past few years but didn't we talking about the present not the past? What will you do in the past when you have the present and future?"

"Why are you ganging up against me?" I can see how frustrated he is.

"Then if I step down on my position right now, who will you nominate?" I asked.

We were all looking forward to his answer.

"L-Lee Chaeyeon." He answered not backing down.

I nodded.

"But sadly I won't step down from my position." I give him a teasing smile, making him more frustrated.

"Ms. Kwon, why don't you speak?" He looked at Eunbi unnie so we all looked at her too.

"What if I want to replace you and put Lee Chaeyeon in the auditor position?" Eunbi unnie asked him in a poker face.

He didn't speak and remained silent.

"This meeting is all about meeting Ms. Choi right?" Mr. Ko breaks the silence.

"Nice meeting you, Ms. Choi." He stands up and offers his hand.

I smiled at him and accepted his hand.

"Nice meeting you too, Mr. Ko." I said while shaking his hand.

"Is the meeting dismissed already?" Mr. Moon asked.

"The meeting is about meeting Ms. Choi ,right?" - Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee stands up and offers his hand. I accept his hand happily. And just like that, the hand shaking session occurred. I shake all their hands, even Eunbi unnie's hand but there is one person that is not yet properly greeted by me. Of course it's no other than this frustrated man.

"Mr. Moon?" offered my hand to him. He sighed first before accepting my hand.

"Nice meeting you Ms. Choi." He said coldly.

Wew

Eunbi unnie suddenly stands up.

"Since all of you finally met the Co-CEO, the meeting was now dismissed." She announced.

They all stood up and were about to bow to each other when a man suddenly raised her hand.

"When will we have dinner with Ms. Choi?" He asked. He was still wearing his fierce and serious face.

I smiled at him before answering him.

"Maybe next time, Mr. Ko. I have plans with my family today."

He nodded and bowed to me then bowed to others.

"It looks like someone is interested in you." Eunbi unnie murmured when I bowed to her.

"Shut up, unnie." I murmured back while bowing at her.

When the bowing session and goodbyes are done, they start to leave the conference room.

"Mr. Ko," I approached him when he was about to leave.

"Yes, Ms. Choi?" He asked, still wearing his fierce and serious face.

"I'll leave you two." Eunbi unnie bowed to Mr. Ko before leaving us.

"I want to be one of the composers and producers of (G)I-DLE." I said straightly.

His eyebrows furrowed.

Finally, his fierce and serious face changed.

"Are you perhaps, duckie?"

I smiled at him and nodded. He suddenly jumps out of happiness and hugs me.

Ahhh....

I was stunned. Oh geez. Like hell I didn't know that he would react like that.

"Oh sorry." He let go of me and he scratched his nape.

Where does the fierce and serious man go?

"I'm a fan." He looked down.

Now he is shy.

My heart beat that was so fast earlier is now gone. I now feel awkward because of this man in front of me.

"So, ahm... is it okay to be one of the composers and producers?" I asked him again.

"Y-y-yeah, of course." He looked at me while saying that.

"But ah... you know, we need a proper process." He scratched his nape again.

"It's okay with me, I can wait but the case is, I heard that (G)I-DLE will have their debut next month and I want to be one of the composers and producers of one of their songs for their debut."

He nodded on what I said.

"You can talk to their general manager about that. As I know, one of the members is writing the songs for their debut and their recording is 3 days from now."

I thought they will be busy starting tomorrow?

"If you want, I'll send you their manager's contacts." He scratched his nape for the 3rd time.

I know where this is going.

I get my phone from my back then open my KKT.

"Here, scan my qr code so you can add me." I said while showing him my qr code.

He gets his phone from his suit coat pocket then scans my qr code.

"Thank you!" He bowed at me.

I feel my phone vibrate in my hand.

He is fast I guess.

"I'll send you their general manager's KKT so you can talk to---"

"How about I'll go to your Entertainment tomorrow?" I cut him off.

He looked surprised or stunned? I don't know.

"I-ah---"

"Since you added me as a friend in the KKT, I'll just message you tomorrow or later. Is it fine, naebu isanim?" I looked at him waiting for his answer.

"N-Ne!" He stuttered.

"I'll get going now, naebu isanim." I bowed to him before leaving the conference room.

When I got out of the conference room, I went straight to the elevator for VIP's. I was about to press the button when...

"So how was it with the inside director?"

I press the open button first before looking at her.

"It's fine." I answered shortly.

The elevator's door slid open and I went inside the elevator so she did too. I pressed the 'B1' button.

"Are you straight now?"

I chuckled at her question. I looked at her once again.

"Me?" I point to myself.

"Oh please, unnie. You know that the ruler is more straight than me."

"There are rulers that can bend."

"I know but you know, I only like one person."

"Here you go again. What did you really see in that dog?"

"And here you go again too. How many times did I have to tell you, all of you, that she is not a dog? She's a puppy."

"Okay fine, you're puppy."

We become silent for a moment. I opened my phone and looked at Chaewon's schedule.

She has an interview with Esquire Korea Magazine at 6. It's just 5:10.

I dial Chaewon's manager's number.

"Hello, sunbaenim."

"Is Chaewon already done at her photoshoot?" I asked.

"She still has one piece of clothing to wear and then she is done, sunbaenim."

I nodded even though he couldn't see me.

"You have your car right?"

"Yes, sunbaenim."

"Don't tell Chaewon that I'll go there. She will be riding with me on her way home." As I ended the call, the elevator door slid open.

I looked at Eunbi unnie.

"Will you come with me?" I asked.

She smiled and grabbed my hand. We both walked out of the elevator.

Well, she's always wearing her poker face when we are at work but she wears her bright and shiny face when she's with us.

"Why are you late?" She asked while we were walking.

"I go to my apartment first before going here. You know, I grabbed some nice clothes to wear."

I see on my peripheral view that she nodded.

"Where are you heading?" I asked.

"In my car, of course."

"Going home?"

"Yup."

"How was your hang out with Chaewon?"

"We didn't hang out. I've just become her driver for a day."

"I thought you had dinner with your family today?"

"I have but I want to see Chaewon first."

She looked at me.

"Is Chaewon your girlfriend or something?"

I smack her arm.

"Ey, unnie you know we are best friends."

"Then why are you going to her?"

"My duty is not yet done. Also, I'm driving her car." I show her Chaewon's car key.

"I see." She nodded as if she was convinced.

We stopped walking when I reached Chaewon's car.

"I'll get going now, unnie."

She nodded and waved her hands before leaving. I was about to open the door of the car when...

"Is she your girlfriend?"

I turn around to see....

Am I dreaming?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 133 10
Chaewon and Minjoo have been best friends since childhood. All the jokes and laughs, fun memories that were created. They did so much together, and t...
41.2K 1.7K 28
//STILL EDITING\\ Laura I didn't know something bad would happened to me and when it did happen, I ran like a coward. I moved on with my life, walkin...
47.6K 1.8K 20
An IZ*ONE AU. I fear that if everyone knows the truth they're going to leave me... (This story is a work of fiction and any similarity with other sto...
3.3K 260 18
When a girl being forcibly brought to a mysterious place. How will she take the truth ? How will the other treat her ? In this story, the main charac...