evermore

By strippedrecords

Ending up with an important deal with her father, Jimin decides to leave her delinquent life to study hard an... More

I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
Epilogue

X.

2.3K 141 7
By strippedrecords

chapter ten | will you take me home?

February 13, 2022

The hall where the graduation ceremony would take place was filled with grand decorations. The enormous red carpet was placed down the aisle, the chairs were uniformed and all that's left is for the ceremony to start.

"We still have 30 minutes." Jimin's father speaks as they were on their way to the venue.

Jimin, who was sitting on the back seat didn't budge to reply. She should be happy that this day finally came, she's a day away from meeting her mother after being apart for so long.

Leaning her head on the window, she glances at the gloomy sky painting the city of Seoul above. Ironic how the clouds are sad on our graduation day.

-

"Yizhuo! Let's go!" the read-haired hears a familiar voice from downstairs. She looks up at the clock hanging on her wall to check the time. "Jesus she's always early." she mumbles to herself before wearing the last pair of earring to complete her look.

"There! This should do." with one last glance on the mirror, she finally headed downstairs. "I'm coming!"

As soon as Minjeong heard the heavy steps down the staircase, she immediately stood up from the couch to greet the red-haired.

"I told you to come at exactly 11AM." Yizhuo frowns as she approach the living room where Minjeong was waiting. The blonde just laughs it off.

"You know Minjeong always arrive ten minutes early." Yizhuo's mother, who walked in just in time for them to depart, speaks with a small laugh.

"Exactly." Minjeong playfully adds, earning a glare from Yizhuo.

"Don't exactly me." the younger whispers in attempt of a threat.

Yizhuo's mom was quick to intervene. "Come on now, you two stop fighting and go on," She pushes the young maidens towards the door, making them almost stumble as they do so. "We'll follow you guys by noon."

-

Three hours passed and the ceremony is almost over, it's now the graduates' turn to walk up the stage and harvest the diploma they've been waiting for years. After many years of questioning one's path, it finally became clear that there is actually a future ahead of them.

"She's staring at you." Doyeon subtly whispers to the blonde sitting beside her.

The ceremony was still on going and the remaining students are still yet to be called on stage.

"Huh?" Minjeong gave her a puzzled look.

The brunette then purses her lips towards the stage, which the blonde followed suit.

And once her eyes landed on the person standing there, then she realizes.

"Oh." was all she could say.

"Yu Jimin, with high honors."

The blonde was a little taken aback at the words she heard. In fact, it's not just her—the entire hall gasped as soon as they heard the following words. Everyone couldn't believe that Jimin, someone who always had failing grades and hated studying, is graduating in college with high honors. The students started whispering in their own circles, making the raven-haired who was standing in the middle of the stage laugh.

But while everyone was confused how Jimin excelled academically, Minjeong kept her gaze on the older. Proud is an understatement, she could even cry right now. Despite the personal feelings, she really is happy for Jimin. It was something she earned for herself.

The blonde unconsciously smiles at herself as she recalls the first time Jimin got a perfect score on her quiz, that was one of her favorite moments with the older.

A sudden vibration from her pocket snaps Minjeong out of her thoughts. When she looked at the sender's ID, she feels herself get a little nervous.

Jimin: Can we meet?

Minjeong sighs, "She never learn."

Minjeong: I'm busy.

Jimin: You're not even doing anything on your seat.

Minjeong: There's a ceremony going on?

Jimin: They won't care if two students go out for awhile.

Minjeong: You're really hopeless.

Jimin: Minjeong, please?

Minjeong: Where?

Jimin: The rooftop.

-

As soon as the blonde opened the door, she immediately found Jimin sitting at one of the benches, her back facing the blonde and staring at the sunset in front.

This scene looks a little too familiar.

There was silence and only Minjeong's footsteps approaching the raven-haired can be heard.

"Do you really want me to date her?" the raven-haired asks, halting the blonde's steps just behind her.

"What?"

"Do you really want me to date Yeji?" the raven-haired repeats, this time, she turns around to face the blonde. The hollow look on her eyes almost made it hard for Minjeong to keep her thoughts straight.

Almost.

"Is this all you wanted to talk about? Stop wasting my time, Jimin." With the remark, Minjeong turns around to try and take her leave. She didn't want to keep the conversation going knowing how it could end.

"Answer the question." Jimin raises her voice a little, making the blonde stop on her track once more. She's tired of the bullshit. She just want to hear Minjeong's honest feelings.

Yet she still couldn't break through its stubborn heart.

"Can I say no, Jimin?" the blonde responds without turning to face the older. She can't let her see her eyes starting to get teary.

Jimin clenches her fist at that, "No..." she mumbles, voice barely audible.

"Then why are you still asking me such question?"

"Because I want to hear you say you like me too."

"Jimin."

"What?"

"Please don't make this hard for us." for once, Jimin felt vulnerability through the blonde's words. And when Minjeong finally turned around to look at her, she could see her eyes glistering as she suppresses her tears despite the bittersweet smile she's putting on her face.

"Minjeong..."

"I like you." the blonde cuts off, "Yeah, I like you. I like you so much that I won't question why you can't be with me even if you like me too." Minjeong continues to speak through the tears that started falling down her cheeks, almost choking her words. "Because I knew from the start, even if you won't tell me, that you can't go against your father. I thought it would be easier if I could pretend to never have feelings for you but you're stubborn." Minjeong sniffs, trying to catch her breath in between. "Jimin, things won't change even if I tell you like you... But if that's what you want to hear before letting each other go then sure, I'm willing to admit that I like you too. Even if it would only break our hearts even more." The blonde finishes her words with a bittersweet smile.

And that was all it took for Jimin to shed her own tears.

Minjeong didn't waste another second and finally took a step closer to the raven-haired. She took step after step until Jimin was on her reach. Then she hugs her tight in a warm hug that was full of yearning, hoping it could suffice for all the words she kept to herself for so long.

"I'm sorry...I'm so sorry, Minjeong." Jimin cries, hiding her face on the crook of the blonde's neck.

Minjeong then gently ran her fingers through the older's hair. "Don't be." she hushes softly, "I understand. I'm also sorry for not being honest with my feelings." she pats Jimin's head in with gentleness as she continues.

"Minjeong."

"Hmm?"

"Let's just run away together." the raven-haired offers.

Minjeong can't help but chuckle. She slowly pushes Jimin by her shoulders, making them see each other's face clearly. The blonde was first to laugh at the older's smudged makeup. It wasn't completely ruined but it was obvious that she cried. "You know that's not how things work in real life, Jimin, don't be silly."

Jimin just kept her gaze on her. She knew that, but if that was her only option to be with Minjeong, she would gladly take such risk.

Seeing how the raven-haired has nothing more to say, Minjeong speaks, "I think it's time for us to head back inside." She tries to stand up but the weight of the older stops her, "Can't we stay like this a little longer?" Jimin whispers, hugging the blonde's petite waist again.

"Jimin..." Minjeong tried to get herself out of the raven-haired's grip but it only got tighter.

"It's my mom." Jimin blurts out.

Minjeong gave her a puzzled look. "Huh?"

"Dad promised me I can go see my mom if I graduate this year. I thought that was just it but then weeks later, she wants me to go out with Yeji."

"Oh...I'm sorry about that."

"Yeji and I came up with a plan."

"Hmm? She trusted you with a plan?"

There was a pinch on the blonde's side, causing her to groan on the stinging pain despite the laugh she's letting out.

"I'm serious."

"Just trying to lighten the mood." Minjeong chuckles, "So? What's your plan?"

"We'd only date until I see mom."

"You do know that your father obviously knows that, right?" Minjeong lightly combed Jimin's hair as she listens to what she's saying.

"Yeah, but I don't care. In at least three years, after their partnership, I'm sure we'd be free again." The older reasons, snuggling her head closer to the blonde's warmth.

"How can you say so?" Minjeong chuckles at the raven-haired's childish words.

"Just because."

They stay at their spot for a few more seconds of silence. Just keeping each other warm.

"Then what's your plan? To make me wait for three years?" The blonde speaks jokingly asks.

And Jimin responds with a confident, "Exactly."

"Excuse me?" Minjeong pushes the older off her.

Jimin laughs as she finally stood up. "Of course not, I'm not that insane you know."

The younger follows and she didn't even realize they were sitting on the ground the whole time until now.

She looked at Jimin and returns the same confident smile the older has. "And it's not like I'll wait for you. What if a cute girl comes? You bet I'd go out with them if they ask me." She eyed the raven-haired to see her reaction.

"If that so then I guess I'll just have to wish that you're still single when I come back. If the gods are not on my side, then I guess it's fine too." Jimin pouts at her last words.

"Really?" the blonde asks with a teasing smile.

"Really."

"Really, Jimin?"

"Really!"

"Then why are you clenching on my dress tightly?" Minjeong points out, laughing at the annoyed look on Jimin's face.

"HMP."

"You're such a baby." Minjeong grabbed both of the raven-haired's hand, then she looks at her in the eyes with a smile on her lips. "We can't be sure about the future. But if in three years, you can have the choice to come home to me, then will you?"

END.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 427 23
Winter and Karina who have been friends since their teenage year finally debut in a group together. But Winter started to realise her feelings toward...
26.5K 1K 13
Love at first sight; That's what explains how Minjeong feels towards the older girl thru the years and her feelings were eternal, even tho Jimin was...
49.6K 2K 13
Karina is a carefree heir who loves cleaning. While Winter is an annoying CEO with secrets. When Karina decided to work as a cleaner, Winter keeps an...
103K 5.8K 21
β₯ A college instafamous trying to persuade her 4 years online friend named Winter for a meet up, and there goes Minjeong, a timid college girl trying...