Lose It

By gabriellawrites_

"If I could have left right after my brothers passed, I would. The time I spent away from you was worse than... More

π–Όπ–Ίπ—Œπ—
π—‰π—…π–Ίπ—’π—…π—‚π—Œπ—
𝖾𝗉𝗂𝗀𝗋𝖺𝗉𝗁
π—‰π—‹π—ˆπ—…π—ˆπ—€π—Žπ–Ύ
PART ONE
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
PART TWO
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VIII
IX

VII

1.1K 58 7
By gabriellawrites_

MONTH 6 OF PREGNANCY

OCTOBER 31, 2028

"Boo!"

Rebekah shot Nina a strange look through the mirror, continuing to brush her teeth.

Nina pouted, shuffling past her wife to sit on the toilet lid. "I have to go into work for a couple of hours to finish a few things. Please remember to buy the candy; it's super important!"

"I will, darling."

"And your costume too!"

Rebekah rolled her eyes, "I already told you I'm not dressing up."

"I thought the saying went, 'Happy Wife Happy Life'?"

"Go away," Rebekah groaned, grabbing a dirty cloth from the counter and throwing it at Nathaniel's head.

Much to the blondes dismay, Nathaniel was spending a couple of days with them. He was having love life problems again and wanted Nina to act as his therapist.

"Hey, if I have to dress up and hand out candy to the little gremlins, then you do too."

"Get a hotel room."

"Can you two not kill each other while I'm at work?" Nina sighed, getting up from her seated position and walking past both of them.

✵ ✵ ✵

"What the bloody hell are you supposed to be?"

"I'm a pirate," Nathaniel raised an eyebrow, "What are you?"

Rebekah opened her mouth then closed it. After a few seconds of observing her outfit, Nathaniel threw his head back and let out a loud laugh.

"No way; there's no actual way."

"Shut your mouth," Rebekah rolled her eyes and walked past him, carrying the bowl of candy.

The original vampire was wearing a white tank top with the words 'A Little Bit Dramatic', a pink sweater, a black miniskirt, and pink heels.

In other words, she was dressed as Regina George.

When she bought the outfit, she was dressing up to reference the inside joke she and Nina have; from when they were baking in their old apartment and Nina said they're similar. Only twenty minutes ago while Rebekah was changing, she had realized Nathaniel calls her that as well.

"This is great," Nathaniel grinned, snapping pictures on his phone.

In a flash, Rebekah sped over and grabbed the fake parrot that was perched on his shoulder and began hitting him with it.

"Ow, ow, ow!"

Nathaniel turned on his heel and began running away, but Rebekah wasn't too far behind. As the front door opened, the two chased by and Nina bent down to pick up the fallen pirate's hat.

Looking up, she sighed before closing the door and walking past the two.

They were hundreds of years old but acted like children.

✵ ✵ ✵

"That kid was so frickin' cute! I already have so many halloween costume ideas for our son."

Rebekah hummed, her hands massaging Nina's shoulders.

The three, along with the two dogs, were seated outside their house on chairs. There weren't a whole lot of kids in the neighborhood, but Nina enjoyed sitting outside and handing out candy to whoever came.

She was sandwiched between the two vampires, Nathaniel still rubbing his shoulder from earlier. Although he was healed and couldn't feel any pain, he wanted to be dramatic for a little longer.

Nina readjusted her headband, which held two little ears. To incorporate her bump, she was dressed as Winnie the Pooh; wearing a yellow dress with a red, cropped sweatshirt over it.

While Nina's attention was diverted, Nathaniel snuck his hand into the candy bowl and pulled out a few more pieces, sneakingly stuffing them into his mouth.

"You're a pig."

"Whatever you say, Regina."

Nina giggled and Rebekah sent her wife a glare. "Don't encourage him."

Deciding it was best to change the topic, Nina and Rebekah began talking about the pictures Hope was sending them earlier. Although her life was still very much hectic, the two were just happy she could act as a normal teenager for one night.

As the couple were in their own little world, Nathaniel drifted off into one as well.

He began wishing he had what they had, with the girl he loved. He thought things were getting better between him and Rosie, but of course he screwed it up again.

They had been together for only two months, but since the first time they met, Rosie had no clue who Nathaniel really was. Or rather, what he was.

He decided to come clean to her the night before and to say she took it horribly was an understatement.

Rosie had thought it was a halloween prank, but after showing her proof, she freaked.

Not that Nathaniel could blame her. If he found out someone he knew for that long was really a vampire, he'd tell them he needed time to think it over too.

He was convinced Rosie would dump him, so to save her the effort, he left a note on the counter of her apartment while she was in the bathroom and caught the next flight to Switzerland.

He was heartbroken. It felt different from when his wife and family died. They were all humans, so she never knew what he would turn into.

Her last thoughts of her husband were about how much she loved him.

Rosie's last thoughts must've been about how much she hated him.

She was young, but not in a creepy way. She had recently turned 22 so it's not like she was in high school, and although Nathaniel was hundreds of years old, it was considered legal. But her youth made her so bright. Nathaniel would always feel his heart flutter any time she smiled, and his heart ached knowing he'd most likely never see it again.

Being so deep into his thoughts, he never noticed Nina's departure, or the way the sky was much darker.

"Can you stop that look on your face," Rebekah shifted in her seat, "You being sad is making me uncomfortable."

Nathaniel chuckled dryly, "Always giving out compliments, aren't you?"

The blonde sighed, unwrapping a chocolate bar, "I felt the way you are right now when Nina found out about me. She obviously came around, and maybe if you work hard enough, Rosie will too."

He nodded, then opened his mouth before closing it again. However, Rebekah wasn't easily fooled.

"Just spit out what you want to ask."

"Have you ever considered... turning Nina? We both know she's not fit for this life, but wouldn't it be easier to spend eternity together than to spend only mortal years?"

Rebekah stared off into the distance, "It came across my mind a lot. Mostly during our first few years together. But like you said, she doesn't have the heart to live how we do. She would hate it, and I would never force her to choose. That's why I'll never give her the option. And I know she won't ask."

"Well," Nathaniel cleared his throat, lifting his drink, "Cheers to one of us having their happy ending."

Rebekah snorted, "Don't be so dramatic; you'll get yours too eventually."

"Yeah, but I'm not sure if it'll be as grand as yours. You and Nina have me beat in the 'epic love story' department."

"That we do," Nina smirked, walking out of the house with snacks and blankets in her arms. "I know vampires don't get cold, but I do, sooo I think I overrule."

"You sure do, love."

Happy Halloweeeeeeeen!!!!

For so long, I've seen so many comments of people asking why Nina doesn't get turned into a vampire instead so I thought I'd sneakily address that. In all honesty, I've always planned on her remaining a human and don't have any plans on changing that. This topic will, however, come back in a few more chapters (cough the most emotional part of this story cough)

Anyways, hope everyone is having a safe and fun day! If you feel like it, tell me what you're dressing up as because I'm sick and have no plans besides eating the candy I'm supposed to be giving the kids :p

Also,,, writing the bickering scenes between Rebekah and Nathaniel is so fun but we all know they're secretly besties ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.6K 1.2K 33
Two princesses living their own lives, miles away from each other. The older daughter is being taken away from her own family even before she could...
33.4K 643 49
"I'm glad you came, Alex. Like it or not, when one refers to the Mikaelsons, they're referring to you, as well. Tonight will allow you to make up you...
56.2K 1K 36
AU > The Originals - It's been 10 years since the Mikaelson's fell to the deadly Hollow. Rebekah and Marcel happily living in New York, Kol getting r...
163K 2.5K 36
~ Cassandra - Cassy Mikealson. Klaus's twin sister the one that her family hates most, only Kol and Finn are the ones she has dear and they are the o...