Identity Crisis (LOONA X Weee...

Door PPGGFXion

September 2012. After being abducted for 7 years, a girl named Kim Hyunjin escapes her harsh captivity. She d... Meer

Identity Crisis (LOONA X Weeekly)
Chapter 1: New Home (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 2: Contact (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 3: Cat Ears (Monday POV)
Chapter 4: Triggered Vision (Monday POV)
Chapter 5: Scheduled Nightmare (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 6: Lucky (Monday POV)
Chapter 7: My Sunday (Hyunjin & Monday POV)
Chapter 8: My Melody (Hyunjin & Monday POV)
Chapter 9: Mistaken (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 10: That Day (Monday POV)
Chapter 11: 지민 (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 12: Recall (Monday POV)
Chapter 13: The Month Of June (Third Person POV)
Chapter 14: Save You, Saved Me (Hyunjin and Monday POV)
Chapter 15: 현진 (Hyunjin and Monday POV)
Chapter 16: The Difference Between a Fan and... (Hyunjin and Monday POV)
Chapter 17: Unexpected Visit (Monday POV)
Chapter 18: Expected Tension (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 19: An Emotional Sharing (Monday POV) [Birthday Special]
Chapter 20: Double Date (Hyunjin and Monday POV)
Chapter 21: Telling Them (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 22: Should I Go Back And Investigate? (Monday POV)
Chapter 23: Confronted (Hyunjin and Monday POV)
Chapter 24: I Wouldn't Know (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 25: Would You Stay For Tea? (Monday POV)
Chapter 27: Verdict (Hyunjin and Monday POV)
Chapter 28: My Name (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 29: My Thoughts (Monday POV)
Chapter 30: Not Friends (Monday and Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 31: Fifteen Years (Hyunjin POV)
Chapter 32: Family (Monday POV)
Chapter 33: By Your Side (Hyunjin & Monday POV) [Christmas Special - Part 1]
Chapter 34: Best Thing (Monday & Hyunjin POV) [Christmas Special - Part 2]
Chapter 35: Always There (Monday & Hyunjin POV) [Final Chapter]
Backstory of 'Identity Crisis'
Thank You, Shin Jiyoon

Chapter 26: Voice (Hyunjin and Monday POV)

85 1 2
Door PPGGFXion

Chapter 26: Voice (Hyunjin and Monday POV)

First Posted On: 15th November 2021

Last Updated On: 18th November 2021

T/N: This takes place on 24th October 2020.

~ ~ ~

(Hyunjin POV)

"Are you sure about this? Hyun?" Heejin gave me a worried glance as I held a certain box in my hand. Even though it had only been two days since I last met Monday, I became apprehensive again; just like that time we met after Weeekly's 'Fact iN Star' recording.

"I want to meet her, after all it was my big mouth that suggested tea..." I revealed as a matter-of-factly.

"You need to start thinking more before speaking," Heejin sighed.

"Good luck with that unnie," Yeojin came into the living room at that moment. "You are telling that to the same person who shouted at you."

Yeah, some of the members were still a little sour that I almost caused discord among LOONA. Although I apologised and took full responsibility for my actions, the atmosphere among us was still a little cold (away from the cameras at least).

"That's enough Yeojin," Heejin reminded her. "Hyunjin and I are on good terms now. We have to for Orbits anyway."

"Well, it is funny when both of you have squabble like an old married couple," Gowon teased us as she peeled and ate a banana like that Cocomong™ monkey.

Bidding the two members farewell, I clutched the box in my hand as I headed out of the dorm. Heejin decided to follow me to the street, clearly with a lot on her mind. Why? Well after much contemplation, I told her about me being interrogated by the two officers the other day. If anything, she is the member who deserves to know something about my past.

As if on cue, she then asked me, "Will the police come back to interview you again?"

"I hope not," I sighed reluctantly. "Whatever they think I was involved in before was probably trivial or coincidental. It will be glossed over..."

Yeah right, Kim Hyunjin...

"Take care Hyun," Heejin waved as I left via the main gate. "And also take care of Monday ssi."

What Heejin said made me pause. Of course, I was aware she told Soojin and Monday about my incident in the dorm, but when she told me that Monday looked genuinely concerned about my whereabouts, I felt a strange sense of guilt.

That desire to take care of a hoobae I once thought was a stranger in my life had been growing ever since Monday and I met after the fire scare at Weeekly's debut showcase. I treasured every moment spent with her...and yet...

...I still felt emptiness; the kind that felt like a missed opportunity.

After some commuting, my feet then took me to the meeting place Monday and I arranged: the cafe in the KBS broadcasting centre. When you are promoting these days, such places are the most convenient and away from the prying eyes of the paparazzi. Thankfully, COVID-19 meant these stations cancelled live audiences so there were no fans gathered outside the building like before; kinda sad but necessary.

Upon entering, I found Monday sitting in the main lobby. It seemed like she just got out of a call with someone because her expression was serious yet uncertain. Thankfully, her eyes twinkled when she made eye contact with me.

"I'm glad you could make it, Monday," I thanked her for accepting my offer for tea.

"It's our only free moment in the middle of our comeback," she admitted. "You would know too; your group and my group basically have back to back schedules with each other."

"Yeah, Olivia Hye won't stop fretting about her potential meeting with your Orbit president," I chuckled remembering how our ISTP member is about to interact with another ENFP outside of LOONA.

Finding a seat in the cafe after ordering iced americanos and bread (obviously), the mood then became serious. The main reason being I was still unsure as to whether Monday should know about the interview I had with the police about my...involvement.

Besides, didn't Monday also-

"NCI," she suddenly interrupted my thoughts. "NCI told me some stuff about Jin Jin...and I have been meaning to speak to you about it."

Flinching a little after being reminded of that dream I had, I asked her, "Did it help you uncover more about her disappearance?"

"Kidnapping," Monday corrected me. "My omma told me about it in her birthday letter to me and this was cross-checked with NCI as well."

No Hyunjin, your abduction could be unrelated to this. Don't say any-

"I understand..." I softly replied. Why did I choose to be talkative at that moment...?

"Also...엄마 has been acting weirdly since you met her on my comeback showcase," Monday revealed. "I know she is in contact with the NCI to relieve pressure on my career as a singer, but last week was the first time she corresponded with them in ages. She claims she had a hunch...or something like that."

"Doesn't NCI also have hunches on your case that might turn out to be breakthroughs?" I was curious. Surely, Officers Kang and Jo also worked around their hunches and that led them to those CCTV recordings of me.

"They do..." Monday swallowed hard; as if she knew a truth harder to believe than our first music show win.

An awkward silence followed as I fished out the box I brought with me. Monday looked at my actions intrigued. Finally, I opened it to reveal...

...the new cat ear hairband I was supposed to give Monday anonymously instead of my own blood-stained one.

"Is this..." Monday seemed confused at first.

"It was originally meant for you before your debut," I told her. "After much thought, I really want you to try wearing it. You know...as an apology for-"

What she said next was about to send me into frenzy.

"Your hairband reminds me of Jin Jin...it's the same hairband she wore when we were kids..." Monday was close to tears.

~ ~ ~

(Monday POV)

I could bear to tell Hyunjin the horrifying truth about Jin Jin's kidnapping. The fact that the evidence from the case was deliberately sabotaged still haunted me. There's no doubt that whoever was responsible for Jin Jin's kidnapping intended on keeping her at all costs.

However, what the detectives said about it being an act out of grudge bothered me too. Did my parents get into hot water?

All those thoughts were put aside when I saw Hyunjin take out a hairband with cat ears; the one meant for me as a gift.

"It was originally meant for you before your debut,"she told me. "After much thought, I really want you to try wearing it. You know...as an apology for-"

Suddenly I had a brief moment of frenzy, and with my eyes close to tears, I explained to Hyunjin, "Your hairband reminds me of Jin Jin...it's the same hairband she wore when we were kids..."

And I was briefly reminded of that last memory of Jin Jin...

I asked omma if she could buy this for us. You can wear it once you are older since it is too big for your head right now...

I was certain it was Jin Jin wearing that hairband with cat ears. The same one I had received by accident...from Hyunjin. Which reminded me...

"And I'm getting goosebumps...because I also felt like bringing my- I mean, your hairband today," I spoke while taking it out from my bag as well.

The NCI re-investigation to Jin Jin's kidnapping had fuelled my desire to look for her again. And maybe this newfound push to find her made me realise how similar, if not identical, the hairband Jin Jin wore is to Hyunjin's hairband. That doesn't explain the bloodstain though...where could it have come from?

Unless...

"Jimin ah-" Hyunjin was speechless upon being reunited with her childhood(?) accessory.

"Keep those thoughts..." I stopped her. "I need to be sure of something."

"Spill it," she urged me. "I too need answers..."

Her response was mysterious, but I continued with a question, "Hyunjin unnie...where did you get your hairband with cat ears? I guess it might have been a popular item back then, but I cannot help but feel that this is also Jin Jin's..."

A moment of silence followed as she tried to recall. Well, when I say tried, Hyunjin was grimacing on a few occasions. Not even bread was cheering her up.

"My...a-appa!" she finally answered. "He gave it to me as a birthday present. Ha ha what were the chances I would end up having a cat as my representative animal. Right?"

Sounds forced, but okay.

"Some nights, I dreamt that Jin Jin let me try the hairband because I also liked it as much as she did," I revealed. "Her voice...that was my last memory of her...before she got kidnapped, Hyunjin unnie."

I could tell the girl in front of me was emotional when I shared my dream. I couldn't be sure how she would react when I told her about the truth behind the kidnapping being a cold case.

What she said next seemed to surprise next.

"Jimin? I know you miss Jin Jin, but would you like it if I helped you relive that last memory you had with her?" Hyunjin offered.

"뭐? 혹시?" I seemed confused by her request although I had a gut feeling she was going to-

"Since it's my hairband anyway...you can put it on my head while I put the new one on your head," Hyunjin explained. "I want to help you find Jin Jin too, so I think role-playing as her might unlock some memories for you."

Now, what my parents wrote in my birthday letter came to my mind.

...if you can try to remember the times you spent with her, I'm sure you will miss her too.

...you must find your unnie.

After some thought, I told Hyunjin, "Yes, I will try and imagine that. Outside of Weeekly, you are the closest I have to a sister."

"I'm glad you think that," she smiled.

I thought I heard her mumble something about finding her answers also, but my eyes were focused on the hairband with beige cat ears she held. It gave off a more adorable vibe especially since there was no bloodstain on the ears.

"Let me return your hairband to its rightful owner first," I stretched my hands out and put the older hairband on Hyunjin unnie's head. As expected, it fit her head nicely and she really looked good in it. She even made a cute pose like the 고양이 she is.

"Now it's my turn, Jimin," she picked up the new hairband. "Are you alright to let me wear the hairband on your head?"

"Why did you need to ask for my permission unnie?" I laughed. "You wanted to role-play right?"

"I mean...it just feels so real," she looked at the hairband wistfully. "I feel so envious of you because I don't have siblings."

"Oh...I never knew," I toned down. "Well, I'm glad I can be a sibling to you outside of LOONA."

Instinctively, Hyunjin took the new hairband and put it on my head. Being reminded of that last memory with Jin Jin, I let a single tear flow out of my eye again.

"Aww, you look so adorable, Jimin ah!" Hyunjin gave me a bright smile. "Wait I must take a picture of my gift's recipient!"

I posed while Hyunjin fished out her phone. I too made a cute pose like Hyunjin did. Indeed, she was right about me being adorable; I bet that will make Zoa envious too~

"Hey, at least it fits~ that was what you wanted for when I grew up, right Jin Jin?" I imagined myself chatting with my missing sister as if she was never abducted.

"I'm glad it fits, Jimin," Hyunjin was pleased. However, that is when I realised she had gotten quite comfortable calling me by my birth name instead of my stage name. It meant a lot to me...that an unnie is calling me 'Jimin'.

"It really is a gift that suits me, Hyunjin unnie..." I held her hands. And although it was out of habit, there was a different sensation this time. A homely one.

And it came with a memory...of Jin Jin's voice.

Min Min! Hold my hand~

Jin Jin! You run too fast! I can't reach you~

당연하지, I will be the fast marathon runner Kim Hyun-

"JIN JIN!" I suddenly blurted out.

"Are you alright? Monday?" Hyunjin looked concerned by my unsettled behaviour. But staring into her eyes made me even more confused.

Before I had time to process that new memory, two people suddenly approached us. I realised they were police officers. Well that was rando-

"Officer Kang? Officer Jo?" Hyunjin recognised them. "What brings you-"

Then one of the officers went straight to the point with, "Kim Hyunjin ssi, you are under conditional arrest for your suspected involvement in the 2012 Gyeonggi-do arson incident. You have the right to remain silent and to hire an attorney!"

WHAT?!

~ ~ ~

A/N: And suddenly Hyunjin and Monday's worlds crashed again. But with all the mysteries being thrown around during their conversation over their hairbands, could they be closer to finding their answers?

Excuse this chapter's abrupt conclusion. We did get Hyunjin-Monday interactions and the best opportunity for them to remember their pasts. So far the plot is going well and I do intend on uncovering all the mysteries in the next few chapters. Expect some longer intervals between chapter releases though.

That being said, I will try and weave in the 'Fact iN Star' and MCountdown Christmas special stage so that we can secure LOONA and Weeekly interactions. This fanfic won't go longer than the 'PTT' era because I want to bring Haseul as a supporting character again. Speaking of-

Hyunjin: AAAAAEEEE~ONG!!!

Me: IT'S KIM HYUNJIN! Your first visit to my writing studio!

Hyunjin: I know about your special birthday chapter releases. But why did you arrest me like that...? You are so mean, author-nim.

Me: It's for the plot. I'm sure you can understand that. Besides, I think I did APink dirtier with my 'Long Lost KPop Siblings' series.

APink (distantly): WE HEARD THAT!

Hyunjin: Anyway, I brought my November birthday members with me.

*Yeojin, Olivia Hye and Gowon enter*

Yeojin: I'm the first mentioned support role!

Olivia Hye: And I'm the second!

Gowon: And I'm third!

Me: Gowon aren't you 4 days early for your birthday?

Hyunjin: You'll probably update this chapter for her anyway, right?

Me: Of course!

LOONA: THANKS AUTHOR-NIM! Keep writing well~!

*LOONA leave the room*

Yay~ November is a fun month of birthdays! Happy birthday to y'all!

Vote + Comment ~ !

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

22.4K 758 23
"You can't escape us because you're belong here forever" Then, a creepy laugh came out from their mouths. X1 x Readers (ft Kim Sanggyun of JBJ95) #1...
25.6K 3.3K 37
|fetus writing alert| This is the story of a young Indian girl who ended up in South Korea to meet her bias and her favourite boy band- BTS. But some...
546 330 67
BTS but mainly taejoonjinkook :) ----- Y/n never realized there were two pairs of eyes that always kept a watch on her; one from the very beginning...
7.4K 1K 40
[WATTPAD FEATURED] ❝Time? Haven't we always defied it?❞ . . . An eccentric man roaming on the streets of Seoul, looking for a particular something? M...