BOYFRIEND ● Nishimura Riki

By huiyi-c

When Byeol was severely abused by her ex-boyfriend, a new student entered the school - Nishimura Riki. The gu... More

0 | Beginning Of Their Story
2 | We Meet Again
3 | Break Time
4 | Karma, Should I Say?
5 | How Am I Supposed To Meet You
6 | Three Minutes & Seven Seconds
7 | Art Club, You Sure?
8 | Just Awkward, Dead Silence
9 | So, We Made A Deal...
Episode 10 - Rainbows In The Night For You
Episode 11 - How Do I Act Like A Boyfriend?
Episode 12 - No Haha, Not Your House
Episode 13 - His Moon Swing That I Liked
Episode 14 - A Change In Class?
Episode 15 - Why Are You Avoiding Me?
Episode 16 - She's The One I Trusted The Most
Episode 17 - Her Backstory, He Never Knew
Episode 18 - All For You, My Love
Episode 19 - Our Conditions Are Getting Worse
Episode 20 - The Fireworks Above Us
Episode 21 - Unwanted Attention
Episode 22 - Your Results
Episode 23 - I'm Glad To See You Happy
Episode 24 - Why Did You Do That?
Episode 25 - Your Smile, My Pain
Episode 26 - Boyfriend
Episode 27 - The Prism Necklace That I Gave You
Episode 28 - But I Love You So, Please Let Me Go
Episode 29 - His Backstory, She Never Knew
Episode 30 - Because I Still Love You
Rainbows & Moons - I Loved You

1 | A Little Favour From You

15.7K 623 1.6K
By huiyi-c

"Why are mum and dad taking so long?" Hwang Byeol impatiently looked at her watch for the fifth time in ten minutes.

All kinds of people from different countries, cities and races were walking past her with luggage and big bags. Some were rushing with messed up hair, some came here as if they own this place. Their freshly styled curls, expensive clothes and accessories...

If you have guessed it, Byeol was in the airport waiting for her parent's arrival. It has been three years since her parents were in America for a business trip.

It did not bother Byeol that much as she was an introvert. Spending time with herself and her small circle of friends would be more than sufficient.

"It has been already twenty minutes since they said they had reached the airport. Now, where are they?"
Byeol anxiously looked around for her parents.

Byeol was not one of the most patient people you will meet. She was not the kind who would be able to stand where she was for more than a minute. Not only that, but she was also careless, weak and so on.

Not really a perfect girl.

"Whatever, I'm going to go take a walk around here first."
Byeol became pissed and decided to stroll around until she saw an ice cream shop nearby.

Aha! Time for a short break!

"I want a mint chocolate cone ice cream, please."
She handed the money to the cashier.

"Here you go, Miss."
The lady handed the ice cream to her.

"Thanks."
Byeol muttered as she let out a warm smile and ate her ice cream merrily.

"Now, what should I do? Right! Take a seat!"
She saw an empty wooden bench at the side  and was about to go over to sit when someone bumped into her.

"Sorry."
She apologised with her head lowered down.

"What the fuck were you looking at?!"

"Oh, Byeol?"
The male voice recognised who she was by the rainbow tattoo on her right shoulder.

Byeol slowly widened her eyes as realisation started to hit her second by second.

Black boots, white socks with the familiar initials on it, dark blue jeans, Gucci belt.

That's definitely him.

"S-Si Taeyang?"
Byeol looked up and realised that it was him.

Her abusive ex-boyfriend that she broke up with a year ago.

Whenever she does not do things his way, she will get beaten up in the worst ways ever.

It all started off by the both of them having a happy relationship for about two years until he started to take advantage of Byeol during the time when her parents not in Seoul. Taeyang started to cheat on her with many other girls.

It was only after three months, Byeol found out that he was doing that and she got mad at him. However, their quarrelling ended up with him abusing her.

It was only after another two years when Byeol managed to escape from him and lived in her childhood friend's house, where he could not find her there.

"Oh, it's you. HAHA! It's been quite a while."
He placed his arm on her shoulder.

"D-Don't touch me."
She shrugged his arm away uncomfortably as she avoided her gaze with him. She did not dare to look up at him. Who knows? What if he just punch her or stab-

"Aigoo... You still have that shitty personality."
He held in his anger and gritted his teeth.

Before Taeyang could continue, a girl who was a little shorter than Byeol, came running over towards Taeyang.

"Oppa! You are here!"
She wrapped her arm around his neck and planted a kiss on his lips.

That was when Byeol looked up and stared at the both of them.

Another girlfriend?

This new 'girlfriend' of his was sure way better than Byeol. She had a super nice figure, rich, good fashion taste and pretty...

That's his type, right?

"Eun Sun, bae."
He looked at her from top to down seductively and smirked at her.

Eun Sun?!

Byeol then remembered who she was.

Eun Sun used to be her classmate a few months ago. Byeol only remembered her because she accidentally caught Eun Sun kissing another guy in the classroom last month when Byeol wanted to retrieve her pencil case that she accidentally left there after school.

"Disgusting."
Byeol commented when she recalled that incident.

The next moment, she noticed two pairs of eyes burning holes into her. She instinctively looked up and noticed the 'couple' glaring at her.

Why were they-

Fuck.

I said it too loud.

"What did you just say?"
Eun Sun taunted with her 'cute' voice.

"N-Nothing."
Byeol immediately shook her head.

Please don't hear it.

Please...

However, Taeyang managed to catch her words on time. Out of anger, he pushed her forcefully and onto the bench she was standing next to.

"Bae, can you leave for a little while first? I'll get back to you later, alright?"
Taeyang cooed in a sweet tone and Eun Sun nodded after pouting a little.

"Tsk..."
Byeol winced at the pain and saw a small cut on her wrist. Fresh crimson red liquid oozing out a little, creating a small sting on her skin.

She could hear Taeyang's footsteps as he approached towards her. It was too familiar. She could tell it.

Please don't hurt me...

Please...

"At least, I have many people who are willing to love me. What about you? You are going to die anytime soon and there's still no one there to love you."
Taeyang snapped but, his words hit Byeol to the core while he lowered down to caress her bare shoulder gently.

"You know, if you just talk nicely to me..."
Byeol was not able to process the rest of his words as she just kept on thinking about what he just said.

"You are going to die anytime soon and there's still no one there to love you."

"Who said so?"
An unknown deep male voice called out as Taeyang immediately took off his hand off Byeol and she regained her composure.

"Are you alright?"
The male cautiously helped Byeol up as she slowly nodded her head. And, when the moment she looked up at him...

Wow...

She stared at him in awe.

Dyed blonde hair that was almost covering his eyes, filled straight eyebrows, medium-sized black eyes, tall nose bridge and pink lips.

He was wearing a black shirt underneath a red and blue plaited jacket, almost a head taller than her and had a silver necklace around his neck.

"Yah! I was looking for you all around and I couldn't find you. Did you know how worried I was?"
He pouted and tucked her hair behind her ear gently.

Who is he?

What is he doing-

OH!

"I was so scared."
Byeol played along and hugged onto him tightly while she thanked all the gods that she could think of when she finally realised what the male was trying to do.

"I was so scared to lose you, aein."
The guy hugged her back and caressed her hair.

"Babe, who injured you?"
He pulled away from the hug and held out her hand that had a big bruise on it.

"Oh, it's nothing."
Byeol shook her head and reassured him.

"That's your boyfriend?"
Taeyang eyed the male suspiciously, staring at him from head to toe.

"I apologise for not introducing myself. You must be her ex-boyfriend. Hi, I'm her current one — Nishimura Riki. You can address me as Niki for short. Pleasure to meet you."
He stretched out his hand towards Taeyang.

Wow, his name sounds kinda nice too.

"Taeyang."
He shook Niki's arm.

*CRACK*

Unexpectedly, a loud knuckle crack could be heard coming from the both of the male's hands and Taeyang let out a shriek.

"Sorry. Accident."
Niki pretended to be shocked at his strength.

"You-"
Taeyang threw his arm at Niki but, Taeyang missed when Niki moved away a little.

"Violence is a crime."
Niki warned him and Taeyang glared at him.

"How's he even your boyfriend? You are joking. I bet he's just some random passerby who is willing to help you. How pathetic."
Taeyang said as he held onto his 'injured' hand where some of his knuckles should be fractured.

This is not the time to back down, Byeol.

You can do it!

"He's my boyfriend. Whatever you say."
Byeol acted confident and stood beside Niki.

"Prove it then."
Taeyang dared and before Byeol could respond, Niki accepted the challenge.

Niki wrapped his arm around Byeol's back, pulling her closer to him and looked at Taeyang.

Noticing that Taeyang was not going to trust that Niki was Byeol's boyfriend, Niki said, "What? Do I have to kiss her in front of you to prove to you that she's mine?"

Both Taeyang and Byeol were stunned at his sudden words.

However, after a few seconds, Taeyang nodded and smirked at Byeol.

"Alright then."
Niki casually replied and turned to face Byeol.

His hand cupped onto Byeol's cheek and slowly moved closer to her face.

Byeol was at a complete loss.

She lost her mind after the part when Niki said about the kiss thing.

Initially, their faces were inches apart and now, they were centimetres apart.

Is he seriously going to kiss me...

It felt like forever when Taeyang suddenly called out, "Enough."

Niki then smirked and moved away from Byeol.

"You do have a boyfriend, huh..."
Taeyang eyed Niki with fury and pulled Niki close by his collar.

"Watch out because she's mine."
He threatened and let go of Niki's collar.

"See you sometime again. In the new school year!"
He instantly changed his voice into a sweet tone while he waved goodbye at Byeol, eyeing her lustfully until Niki blocked his vision from her.

"Fucking hell."
Taeyang cursed before he left.

"Thank you so much."
Byeol heaved a sigh of relief and smiled at Niki.

"No problem. It's what I'm supposed to do."
Niki replied with a smile.

"Right, I'm sorry about just now."
Niki apologised due to the situation he caused earlier on which might make her feel uncomfortable since he stepped into her boundaries. 

"Uhmm... For what?"
She asked with her eyebrows furrowed together.

"Never mind."
Niki mumbled since she most probably forgot about his actions. 

"And also, may I know your name?"
Niki asked randomly.

"Byeol."
She replied brightly, happy to see hear that question somehow.

"That's cute."
Niki patted her head and blood instantly rushed up to her cheeks.

Oh my god...

"Do you know that your name sounds kinda nice too-"
Byeol was not able to complete her sentence when she heard her parents shouting her name.

"HWANG BYEOL!"
Her parents screamed in unison and Byeol's eyes widened in horror. Her parents are going  to have some weird thoughts if they see her talking to some man.

"Okay, thank you so much! I really need to leave now! Bye!"
Byeol hurriedly ran away, leaving her unfinished ice cream on the bench.

"Tsk, cute."
Niki smirked as he watched the short girl running back to her parents.

"Got it!"
Niki held the pink hair tie with a rainbow in the middle, on his hand tightly, recalling it on Byeol's uninjured wrist.

"The last thing I will ever steal, I hope."
He wore the hair tie on his wrist and walked away. He just found it cute for no reason hence, he stole it.

That's all.

It was that simple.

Meanwhile, Byeol was there trying her very best to explain what was going on just now.

"Byeol ah, do you have a boyfriend already?"
Her mother asked excitedly.

"No, mum-"

"Byeol, is that guy over there your boyfriend?"
Her father asked for the sixth time.

"What? No! Father! What's wrong with the both of y'all?"
Byeol scoffed at them.

"He's good looking! Is he from Japan? What's his name? Family status?"
Her mother asked and Byeol just gave up trying to explain to them.

"BOY!"
Her father yelled for Niki and earned the attention of the people around.

"FATHER! DON'T! HE'S ALREADY GONE!"
Byeol pulled his father back as she died of embarrassment on the inside.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Next Episode
Episode 02 - We Meet Again

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 172 12
in which she finds herself in a sticky situation after accidentally falling for someone who is out of bounds. (tutor au x texting au) ⭑ !! tw: strong...
45K 3.1K 32
Hyunjoo wants to avenge for her family matters and decides to work at ENHYPEN LABELS as the CEO's secretary. Unexpectedly, she found out that her CEO...
102K 4.2K 22
-ᴍᴀғɪᴀ ᴀᴜ "𝐈 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐭 𝐭�...
109K 1.5K 24
★彡[ɪꜰ ɪ ᴡᴀꜱ ꜱɪᴄᴋ, ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀʀᴇ?]彡★ Update at least once a week:) 🖤 angst ❤️ fluff/sickfic 𝕰𝖓𝖍𝖞𝖕𝖊𝖓 ʟᴇᴇ ʜᴇᴇꜱᴇᴜɴɢ ᴘᴀʀᴋ ᴊᴏɴɢꜱᴇᴏɴɢ / ᴊᴀʏ ꜱʜɪᴍ ᴊᴀ...