The S.H.I.E.L.D. Chronicles o...

By Elrita03

Co-writer @TylerSmith23 This story is for you and thank you for your help and all the ideas. Alex Hua has ha... More

Chronicle 1
Chronicle 2
Chronicle 3
Chronicle 4
Chronicle 5
Chronicle 6
Chronicle 8
Chronicle 9
Chronicle 10
Chronicle 11
Chronicle 12
Chronicle 13
Chronicle 14
Chronicle 15
Chronicle 16
Chronicle 17
Chronicle 18
Chronicle 19
Chronicle 20
Chronicle 21
Chronicle 22
Chronicle 23
Chronicle 24
Chronicle 25

Chronicle 7

56 0 0
By Elrita03

Season 1

Episode 2

Part: 2

Location: Incan Archaeological Site, Llactapata, Peru

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skye with her phone out says "Nothing about this anywhere. It's amazing. I searched every data stream. What do you got here, Guys?" She started getting closer to the object about to touch it.

I stopped her as Fitz started saying "Whoa, care-- uh, careful. I-I -- No, wouldn't do that." I looked at Fitz and then pulled her back a little as I said "Don't think that's a good idea."

"The object's placement in fossiliferous rock formation suggests it's been here for at least 1,500 years. That predates this temple by a millennium. Ah! Maybe it's alien," Simmons says excited at the end.

I looked at her. Why is it good that it's alien. "Yeah, but the shape and craftsmanship. It's almost German," Fitz says to her.

We sat here a while as they kept inspecting the box and then Ward said on Coulson's walkie "Sir, we have a situation." I looked at it concerned.

"Lots of rebels in this area," Skye says to Coulson. "Not enough gunfire," He said to her. I looked around waiting for someone to burst in and shoot at us.

Coulson spoke in the walkie and at us as he said "Keep working. I'm on my way." He walked out as I looked at Skye.

"You know why I don't like the aztecs?" I said to her crossing my arm trying to make short talk. "Why?" She asked curious. Fitz even looked up from his tablet curious on where this was going.

"Because their frauds. Scaring people about the 2012 apocalypse. The 2000 apocalypse. They keep thinking the world is going to end and it never does. I don't like how they trick people," I say to her. Everyone looked at me shocked that I knew so much.

I shrugged and said "What?" Fitz was going to say something until something popped up on his screen. "Are you seeing this? It's alive," Fitz says to Simmons.

"Did you just say alive?" I asked him. "Wha-- Alive alive?," Skye said to him too. "It has a functioning power source," Fitz says as he tries to read more deeply. Simmons was checking her screen out now too.

I took a step back as did Skye a little. "Sleepy's reading radionuclides, but they don't match any known isotope," Simmons says after checking her screen and then looks at Fitz as he says "I get temporal matches, but even then, they seem to shift. Is that even possible?"

"Depends on the shifting of the temporal radio stuff, so...." Skye says to them. I just looked at her as she was super smart. "Totally weird right?" She said to us. I nodded and said "yeah."

She breathed out and said "I'm going to go check on Coulson. Alex, come with me?"

"Sure," I said to her. We were about to walk out when Ward walked in and said "We've got company. National police." Simmons looked up from her screen and said "What?" and then Fitz added "Why are they here?"

"They heard about this object. They probably here to protect it. This area has lots of rebel uprisings," Ward said to them.

"Yeah, people are fighting back against the government's mining policies. It's pretty kick-ass," Skye says to him. I smiled as she was excited about this.

"Yeah, It's kick-ass, all the violence," Ward said to her. Skye's smile instantly dropped. "That's not what I'm saying," She said to him. He looked at her and said "No, it's what you're typing in your van alone. You know where it's safe. How much longer?"

"What's the hurry?" Simmons asks while Fitz asks "Are we in danger?" They were both on their screen typing as fast as they could. "Not if everyone does their job. What are your two exactly?"Ward asked me and Skye.

"Maybe to keep you level headed," I said to him when he turned his back to us. He turned back around quickly and walked in my face. "What did you say?" He said to me.

"I said to keep you level headed or are you deaf too," I said to him. I'm not going to take his bullshit, especially not gonna take it if he's giving it to Skye.

He was about to say something until we heard an explosion and sand started falling on us from the roof. We duck as we start to hear gunshots happen all around us.

"Sounds like they're engaging with the rebels. They're coming for it. Let's move!" Ward says, moving his way to the door. FItz started bringing back the drones as Skye tried to help. I don't really know what happened but I heard Fitz yell "It does to me!" Simmons pushed Skye back a little saying "please let us do this."

Skye backed up. She looked like she was helpless. I went to comfort her a little as Simmons says "We need a containment case for the O-8-4."

"There's no time," Ward said to her. Ward had his gun out pointing it at the crack. Fitz said to him "But it has a fluctuating power core. Frequencies way above 10 exahertz." Another explosion happened and more dust fell on us.

"Too bad," I said as I walked to the object and started pulling on it. "Whoa!" Fitz yells at me. Then Ward comes over and says "He's right. Science class is over." He helped me pull it out some more and then we put it in a bag on the ground we saw.

"Whoa, Whoa, whoa, whoa! Wait. You did not just pull that out of the wall. What is the matter with you guys!? Do you realize we do not know the amount of photon emissions coming out of this," Fitz starts saying to us. Ward got up, turned Fitz around and put the bag on his back while Fitz was saying "We don't know what will happen if it gets excited."

Ward got his gun back out and said "Stay close." As we ran out of the room. We'll come out behind Ward as he was shooting rebels down and shots were happening everywhere.

"Get back!" Ward yelled at us and we all got back behind a pillar. "Everyone good?" I asked them. Everyone nodded that they were alright.

Ward pulled this weird staff thing out and jumped, rolled over and stabbed it in the ground. It shot something in the air that sent out a big pulse that knocked all the rebels out or over.

Ward pulled it back out and dropped it. He called us all back out. We all came out and then this guy started pointing the gun at us until a car pulled up blocking his shot. I breathed out as May opened the door.

"Get in!" Ward yelled and started shooting as May yelled "Move! Now!" We started getting shot at again as we started jumping in the car. When I was right about to jump in I felt this weird sting in my side but ignored it and jumped in.

We drove off quickly with some of them following us. I was sitting next to the door and Skye as I tried to look behind us at the rebels following.

Ward says "Coulson's secure in PMP's truck. Take the South route to the airfield." May, driving says "Gotcha."

We were going over hills and jumping up and down and my side was killing me. I looked at it and noticed that I was bleeding. I lifted my shirt a little and noticed I got shot.

"Slow down!" Fitz yelled at them. "You're joking right?" Skye said to him crazy. "Ward, listen! We have to be careful. There's a binding energy structure that could overheat," Fitz said to him.

"I could roll down a window!" Simmons says to him and when she was about to do that bullets started to ricochet and hit the car. We all ducked down and then I yell "Do not roll down a window!" I already got shot today. I don't need to again.

"Stay quiet and keep your heads down," Ward yelled at us. He faced May and said "Head left. The ravine empties."

We hit another bump and I groaned a little as I held my side. Skye looked at me concerned and said "Are you okay Alex? You look pale."

"I do? I'm fine," I said to her as I closed my eyes a little. My adrenaline is still high but it's starting to slow and I'm starting to feel the pain.

"But Ward!" Fitz whined and then I heard Ward and May both yell at him "Be quiet!" Fitz was being annoying now but I get it's dangerous. Maybe I can get a nap in.

As I started to doze off we took a turn and I groaned again because Skye hit my side. Skye looked at me again "Your not okay. What's wrong?" She asked. I just shook my head as Ward asked "How fast can you have the wheels up?" May said to him "Fast."

I opened my eyes and noticed we were at the plane. May drove into the cargo bay and parked as everyone started to climb out quick. I was right behind Skye as we got out.

"Ramp!" May yelled at Ward and he said "on it." I looked at them confused as I realized they were going to close the door on Coulson. "What are you doing!? Coulson is still out there!" I yelled at him, gripping my side.

"Get off the ramp. Your in the line of fire," He said, pushing me and Skye out of the way. Rebels started shooting at us immediately.

Me and Skye ducked behind a car and I looked at my side real quick. It wasn't looking good. I lost a lot of blood and my shirt was getting soaked with it.

Skye looked at me and saw it. "Alex! Your shot!" She yelled but since of all the gunshots the others couldn't hear. "Yeah, I noticed," I said to her, trying to be sarcastic. I felt like passing out.

Coulson finally got on and the ramp closed. He brought some women and these men on too. Ward said to him "cut it pretty close, sir." Coulson walked past him as he says "didn't want to leave anyone behind."

Skye got up and said "I got to say it. I miss my van." I laughed a little and said "I miss my apartment." I got up a little and Skye helped steady me so that I didn't fall.

Ward walked over and asked Fitz "Now what was the problem?" Fitz looked at him and said "As I said before, this device has a high frequency, fluctuating, sub material compression..."

"Fitz, in English," Ward said to him, a little rude. I just glared at him. Sometimes I just want to punch him. I think I'm going to get used to that urge.

"The O-8-4 is fueled by tesseract technology. Hydra. World War 2. Captain America. It's full of lethal amounts of Gamma Radiation," Fitz says to us.

"Gamma.... You're saying it's Nuclear?" Ward says to him worriedly. "No. He's saying it's much much worse," Coulson said, not waiting for Fitz's answer.

We all stared at the O-8-4 and took a big step back. Well now I'm probably going to blow up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206K 4.4K 23
[ B o o k 1 ] ❝ I never expected to fall in love when I finally got director Fury to change teams and hell I didn't speck to see my 'dead'...
1.1K 7 20
After Skye try's to help the team by hacking shield and finding out there wasn't an extraction plan Coulson and the team ice her out a little. when C...
5.2K 116 31
Emotionless is a word people would use to describe me. I once believed it was true. Not anymore. If I was emotionless, how could I love that one pers...
5K 148 19
Agent Melinda May always has trouble with her past in Bahrain. So when May has to deal with the powered people in afterlife, it's just like another B...