Scary Short Stories

By -AshTree-

Into a bit of horror? 🔪 Or maybe you just want a little fright? These scary short stories are perfect for yo... More

1. Drip
2. 12:47
3. Mother
4. Funny faces
5. Room with no number
6. The photographs
7. The Girl
8. Shampoo
9. The Pills
10. Alexis
11. The Wrong Room
12. Mr Nobody
13. Mr Bones
14. Julia is a clever girl
15. The Only Child
16. The Warning
17. Lost and found
18. Emily...
19. Colour of Life (snippet)
20. A White Lie
21. Birthday Wish (@-AcePoker-)
22. Hotel room 303 (@-AcePoker-)
23. Ghostly Child (@-AcePoker-)
24. Being Pickled
25. Home Alone
26. Perfect Pair
28. Imaginary Friend
29. I begged You
30. Regret
31. Upstairs
32. Lights in the distance
33. Baby Monitor (@-AcePoker-)
34. He's Not Real (@-AcePoker-)
35. 99 times (@-AcePoker)
36. It's hot
37. Timekeeper
38. Hi hungry, I'm dad
39. I am Sam
40. Sentince dump 1
41. Sentence dump 2
42. Sentence dump 3
43. Sentence dump 4
44. My Son...
45. Suzie the plush doll
46. The Black Lamb
47. Ariel
48. In Hot Water
49. Practice Makes Perfect
50. The Game

27. We Danced

153 19 35
By -AshTree-

Footsteps aren't an uncommon thing to hear when you're sitting in a basement, so I think nothing of it when I hear quiet thuds coming from my upstairs hallway.

I just assume it's my brother, and continue doing whatever pointless little thing I was doing at the time.

They go on for another couple minutes, and I'm starting to get pissed off. They keep getting louder and louder and I sigh, wondering what the hell my brother's doing this late at night. I sit there, because its impossible to focus with the racket. I mean, it sounds like someone's power walking all over my main floor.

I sit there and listen as the thumps get faster and wilder. They just keep moving, almost starting to form a rhythm. They move even faster and get even wilder and they're thumping all over my main floor. I realize that whatever this is, it can't be human. No human can move like that.

"What the heck?!" I finally yell. After that, all the noises stop. Everything is quiet for a moment, and then I hear calm, slow footsteps moving to my basement door. The door is pushed open, and the footsteps stop again. I listen to my breathing for the next three minutes, then sigh, thinking its over.

Turns out something else was listening, too. Suddenly I hear it thudding down the stairs, and I knock my chair over in my haste to stand up.

I start to run towards the nearest closet, just in time to see a grotesque, hairless, four-legged creature, dancing towards me, tapping its swollen feet in an intoxicating rhythm. I dive into the closet and slam the door shut. There's a half-second pause and then I hear that same rhythm on the door.

It just keeps going and going with no pause, no rests, no relief. He's been at it for hours now, and I find myself tapping my fingers along with his song. But then, just as suddenly as it began, it ends.

I wait for a few moments, then look out. He's gone. I flip on a light and fall into a chair. It's safe. I relax and think for a few moments. But then I notice my foot tapping.

Maybe this song isn't so bad, I almost like it enough to dance to it.

So I drop down on my hands and feet, and I start.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 395 200
[𝙎𝙃𝙊𝙍𝙏 𝙎𝙏𝙊𝙍𝙄𝙀𝙎] [𝘾𝙊𝙈𝙋𝙇𝙀𝙏𝙀𝘿] 𝙨𝙝𝙝𝙝𝙝𝙝... 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙗𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙩𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪 :) 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙙:...
1K 12 38
Urban legends, true scary stories, superstitions and much more on here. Stories that will be sure to give you a fright and keep you up at night.
579 33 32
A collection of 31 of the best creepypastas to get you all into the Halloween spirit. You scared yet? Well, you should be.
222 12 14
Short stories to chill your blood! Vengeful spirits, carnivorous toddlers, haunting dreams, curses, experiments gone terribly wrong and much more! Tu...