My Wildest Dreams

By fhsgctcusbf

Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were a... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
chapter 17
Epilogue
Sequel

Chapter 1

7.4K 118 15
By fhsgctcusbf

* Semi edited.

"Honey, time to wake up!" My mom yelled.

I crack my eyes open and reach for my phone, like most people I check my phone as soon as I wake up.

After scrolling through social media for a few minutes, I get out of bed and go downstairs to eat some breakfast.

"Good morning" I said to my parents.

"Good morning honey" Mom said.

"Morning pumpkin" Dad said.

I go grab some waffles and put them in the fridge, then grab the syrup and a bottle of water.

"Yesterday we got to meet the new neighbors across the street, very nice people and they have a son your age, seemed like a nice young man and he was very handsome" Mom said almost making me choke on my breakfast.

"Mommm" I whined.

"What... You guys could hit it off, he also likes basketball" She said.

Unfortunately what my mom doesn't realize is that, guys don't want to date me. It's not like I'm ugly or anything, but I have no boobs or butt and I'm a virgin, guys definitely don't want me because of that

I mean I'm only 15, my birthday is in a few days, and I've tried to date a little this year, but guys want girls who are developed and experienced, so I turn down any opportunity for dating because I know how it'll go.

After breakfast I go to brush my teeth and get changed. After I'm ready I put on my converse and meet my mom in the car.

With my birthday in a few days, I'll finally be able to drive myself to school as long as I pass my driver's test.

When I get to school I go to my locker and grab my books for first period.

As I'm walking to first period, I see a guy I haven't seen before.

I wonder if he's the neighbor my mom was talking about.

If it's the same person my mom was talking about then damn she was right because this guy is hot. He has quaffed medium brown hair and baby blue eyes that I can see from where I'm standing.

He's the type of guy that gives you butterflies by looking at him because he's so attractive. Totally out of my league and pretty much perfect for Megan, so if he's going here it probably won't be long until she gets her claws into him.

After a few seconds of checking him out, I stop and walk to class.

Unfortunately I have to walk past him to get to my class, so I keep my head down and walk as fast as I can.

When I get a few feet away from him he locks eyes with me and I get crazy butterflies.

I don't want to say it's love at first sight, but I feel a weird sensation in my body when I lock on with his baby blues.

He smiles at me and I swear I melt into a puddle.

"Hey can you tell me where the main office is?" He asked in a deep voice.

He wants me to direct him to the main office? Yeah I think I can do that without making a fool of myself.

"Ye-Yeah it's down the hall to your right" I said pointing to the door down the hallway.

He smiled at me again. "Thanks" He said walking in that direction.

When he's out of sight I take a deep breath.

I hope I don't have any classes with him because I'll totally make a fool of myself like I just did stuttering, when I told him where to go.

The day goes by quick and after that interaction, I hadn't seen that guy again, but I have a feeling I'll be seeing him a lot because he's most likely my new neighbor.

School had just let out and I was meeting up with Megan to go shoot some hoops at the court in my neighborhood.

She came up to me. "Hey did you hear we're getting a new kid?" She asked.

Didn't take her long to find out about the new guy.

"We're getting a new kid?" I asked playing dumb. I don't know why I didn't tell her about my interaction with him.

"Yeah. Josie was telling me about it at lunch, she said she saw him in the office on her way from french class" She said.

"That's cool."

"Yeah, she was telling me how hot this guy was" She smirked.

Of course she did, not that I can blame her.

"Okay before you get all boys crazy let's go to my house, so we can change and go practice" I said changing the subject.

I don't know why it's bothering me so much about Megan meeting the new kid or even talking about him, maybe it's because I met him first and it's almost like a secret because she always gets the guys and I don't and I'm sick of it.

"Ok before you get all boy crazy let's go to my house, so we can change and go practice."

"Ok" She rolled her eyes.

Once we got to my house, I went up to my room to go change into something more comfortable. After I put on my basketball shoes we left for the courts.

As we walked to the courts we saw a U-Haul truck in the house across the street from mine.

Yup... The hot guy is my new neighbor, lord help me.

As we got closer to the courts I realized we weren't the only ones there today. In the far back court was a guy shooting some free throws. I have to admit he's really good.

"Hey why don't we introduce ourselves?" She asked even though I know she'll only be talking to him.

Before I turn down the offer her, she goes over to the guy.

So as we approach the guy, I can tell he's around our age since he looks decently young. I'm just about to get his attention when Megan gasps and runs to him. Here I'm thinking she's really gone boy crazy.

"Josh!" She yells leaping onto him like a tree frog.

The guy "Josh" realizes that the koala attached to him he actually knows because he hugs her back.

"Megs! is that you?" He exclaims with a huge grin, swinging her around in a circle.

"What are you doing here?" Megan said continuing to hug him.

"My dad got a job down here, so we had to move" He said.

"Wow what are the odds" She said with an equally big grin.

"I know right!" He exclaimed.

So I'm just standing there, watching their interaction waiting to be introduced, wondering if I should cut in or not when I realize that this "Josh" is actually the hot guy I met this morning.

"Oh yeah Josh, this is my friend Katie, Katie this is my ex boyfriend Josh" She said.

Ex boyfriend? Now it makes sense.

For the year I've known her, all she talked about was her ex, how she missed him and loved him.

"Hey I know you... You helped me this morning, thanks" He said.

"No problem."

Wow I managed to say that without stuttering, I deserve a medal.

She turned to me. "You helped him this morning?" She asked.

"Yeah he needed help getting to the office" I said like it's no big deal.

"Yeah if it wasn't for your friend I would've been lost" He jokingly winked at me.

And welcome back butterflies.

Like I figured they start talking, completely ignoring me, so I decide to start to practice my foul shots while they're still catching up.

"Hey I have to head home, my mom needs help with something, so I can't practice with you anymore" Megan said with a frown.

"That's ok, I understand" I said even though she'd probably rather hang out with Josh instead me.

"Practice?" Josh asks me.

"Yeah I'm trying to make varsity."

He thought about it for a minute. "I'll help you. I have to practice since I'm going to try and do the same" He said with a smile.

"Really? that'd be great. Thanks."

"No problem" He said still smiling.

"Hey guys my mom's here, I'll see you guys tomorrow." She said.

He stopped her as she started to walk to her mom's car. "Hey Megs I'll walk you since I wanna say hi to Mrs. A" He said.

"Ok" He said with a huge smile on her face.

Watching them walk to Mrs. Anderson's car I can see why they dated, they look perfect together. Now that Megan is leaving it's just going to be us, so hopefully to don't make an even bigger fool out of myself.

*

Well luckily I didn't make a fool out of myself. After shooting around with him it eased my nerves a little and I was able to be able to talk to him without stuttering or acting like a fool.

As I got to know him, I realized he's actually a great guy. Usually guys who are attractive like him are jerks, but I was wrong, he's a really nice guy and he's easy to talk to.

It was like I've known him for awhile because we just clicked. He told me a little bit about himself and I did the same. He's really funny and nice and I can definitely see us being really good friends.

We just finished playing horse when Josh gets a call from his mom.

He hangs up. "Hey I gotta go, we're having dinner at our neighbors house, so I have to get ready" He said.

"Ok. There's a high chance you're having dinner at my house because my mom texted me earlier that we're inviting the new neighbors over for dinner."

"That's cool, I'll have someone to talk to then" He smiled.

Yup it's official, I'll always get butterflies from him whether he's my friend or not.

"Yeah. Well we should probably get going so we're not all sweaty."

Why did I say that? Sometimes I'm so stupid.

He laughed. "Yeah my mom would kill me, so let's get moving neighbor" He said.

We made our way towards our houses and just like I suspected, we're neighbors.

"Ok... I guess I'll see you later neighbor" He smiled.

I smiled back. "See you."

I went inside and was stopped by my mom before I could even get to my room. "Hey honey how was school?" She asked.

"Good."

She smiled. "That's good. I see you met the neighbor boy I was talking about, nice young man" She said.

I shook my head. "Mom, I just met him today. Yes he does seem nice, but we're only going to be friends."

No matter how much I would like more, he's Megan's ex and way out of my league, so I'll settle for being friends because I feel really comfortable around him.

"Ok honey. They're coming over in an hour, so I would start getting ready" She said.

"Ok."

After my shower I picked out an outfit. It looked like a bomb went off in my closet from all the clothes everywhere.

I know I said I'll only be friends with him, but I still want to look nice.

After being frustrated about my clothes, I just put on my usual which consisted of a Hollister graphic tee, jean shorts, and my Converse, I'm a tomboy if you haven't figured it out.

I finished getting dressed and put on some perfume, then went downstairs.

I helped mom set the table and make the salad. We're having lasagna, garlic bread, and salad, something simple.

The doorbell rings. "That's them, I'll get it" Mom said making her way to the foyer.

I follow behind along with my dad.

"I'm so happy you guys could come" My mom said to Josh's mom.

"No problem, I brought dessert if that's ok" She said.

"Oh you didn't have to do that, but thank you. I'll bring it inside" Mom said taking the dish.

While our parents are getting introduced, Josh comes over to me.

"Hey neighbor" He said bumping his shoulder against mine.

"Hey."

"Oh, this is my daughter Katie" Mom introduced me to his parents.

"Hi, I'm Julie, it's nice to meet you, this is my husband Tyler, and I see you already know my son" She said smirking.

"Hi nice to meet you guys. Yes, I'm friends with Megan and she recognized him playing basketball earlier."

"Oh how lovely. That's great you guys have something in common" She said.

"Yeah, it is."

"Why don't we go to the dining room and get started?" Mom asked.

"That sounds like a great idea" Julie said.

We all go to the dining room and take our seats, Josh sits across from me.

Our parents engage in conversation, occasionally asking questions to Josh and I.

I leaned they also have an older son that's away at college and they lived in Virginia Beach before moving here, so it's not that much of a difference since we live in Miami beach.

I also learned that Josh is a point guard and was a quarterback at his old highschool. I kinda figured he was a point guard by how he handles the ball, but I didn't know he played football.

After dessert we head to the living room to talk some more.

Boring.

"Hey mom, and Josh and I go play some basketball?" I asked her because we were way too bored.

"Yeah, go ahead" She said.

He follows me out there door after I grab my ball.

"Thank god, I thought I was gonna die of boredom" He said as we were walking to the court.

"Same here, that's why I figured we could escape."

When we get to the court we start shooting around, he went to grab his ball from his garage before we got to the court.

"Ok why don't we make this interesting" He said.

I raised an eyebrow. "Ok... What do you have in mind?"

He smirked. "Truth or dare, but with horse. If you make it you get a truth, but if you miss it, it's a dare" He said.

Interesting.

I smirked. "I'm in, get ready to lose."

He smirked back. "We'll see" He said.

We start it off with truth since we both made it.

"Ok, what's the craziest thing you've done back home?"

"That's a tough one, but my friends dared me to sneak onto the beach at night and skinny dip in the ocean" He said.

"What? That's crazy! How did you not get caught?"

"I ran really fucking fast when the cops came" He laughed.

I laughed with him. "How old were you when this happened?"

"I was 15, my birthday was last month, and I got dared by a few guys on the football team" He said.

"Wow."

"Yeah, but it was fun, big adrenaline rush from running from the cops" He said.

"I bet."

"If you could have one exotic pet of any kind what would it be?" He asked.

"Ohhh that's a good one. I'd have to say an otter, they're just so cute and the noises they make are adorable."

He smiled. "Nice, otters are pretty cute" He said.

He took his shot but missed.

He looked at me almost anticipating what dare I had for him.

I smirked. "Ok, I dare you to take off your shirt and pretend the basketball hoop is a stripper pole."

"What? Ok fine, I'm comfortable with my body" He said whipping off his shirt.

He struts over to the hoop, grabbing ahold of it and moving around it, making hilarious faces I couldn't help but laugh.

He straddles the pole, attempting to slide down it, but fails horribly, he but thrusting in the air, making me laugh my as off.

He gets off the pole and grabs his shirt, putting it back on, but bows for his performance.

We continue to the game, getting to know one another more. We probably spend 3 hours hanging out and just talking.

I got a text from my mom letting me know it was time to come home.

"Hey we should probably head back, my mom said it's time to come home." He said.

"Mine too, your parents must be ready to leave."

"Yeah probably" He said.

When we got to our block we stood in the middle of the street in-between our houses getting ready to go say goodbye to one another when a thought came to mind.

"Hey josh I know we just met, but I feel really comfortable with you and I like hanging out with you, so I was wondering if you wanted to come to my sweet sixteen this weekend?" I said biting my bottom lip nervous of getting rejected.

"Yeah sure sounds like fun, and honestly I feel the same way, it's like I've known you my whole life and we just met today" He said with a big smile on his handsome face.

I smiled back. "Yeah it's so weird, but I guess we just click. Oh yeah it's a pool party, so bring a bathing suit" I said.

"Ok great. Hey give me your phone so I can put in my number" He said.

"Ok, give me yours."

He finished putting his number in and gave it back to me as I did the same. "Well I have to go, but I'll text you later" He said.

"Sounds good, see you tomorrow neighbor!" I yelled over my shoulder.

*

I just came back from brushing my teeth when my phone went off.

Josh🏀- R U awake?

Me- Yeah I'm watching tv wbu?

Josh🏀- Same, what u watchin?

Me- MTV

Josh🏀- No way same!

Me- That's good you have good taste in TV or else this friendship wouldn't work😔

Josh🏀- Yeah ok🙄 u really think u could live without your best friend?🥺

Best friend?

Me- Best friend... don't you think you're jumping the gun? When did u get that title?🤨

Josh🏀- Just now😁 I already claimed you as mine, so I'd assume I'm yours😉

Yup I'm screwed.

Me- Well I'm flattered to be your best friend😊

Josh🏀- Good 😁

Me- Ok it's getting late and my ass is tired, so have a good night and I'll talk to you tomorrow 😊

Josh🏀- Goodnight Katie, sweet dreams😌

And after reading that, I went to bed with a smile on my face.

____________________________________________

Hey guys, Hope you liked the first chapter!

I decided to have a author's note at the end of every chapter since I've seen other author's do it to interact with their readers so I figured I'd do the same.

What did you guys think?

Don't forget to comment and I'll see you in the next update!👋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

833K 14.3K 82
Two best friends are realising that they aren't kids anymore, and they have desires that need to be fulfilled. So who better to experiment with than...
293K 6.5K 27
COMPLETED 5.14.18 SEQUEL TO MY BROTHERS BEST FRIEND Book 2/4 of the Adam's series - "I promise, I will ask you soon enough." He kisses my lips gentl...
9.4K 225 54
"Listen I know we've been flirting and shit but that doesn't mean I like you, okay" I cross my arms again and slightly smirk. He smirks down at me an...
34.7K 753 67
I put on a show only for him in front of hundreds of people. I bring one hand up to my hair flicking them to the other side, trailing that hand down...