ADDICTED | j.p x oc

By siriusblacksslutt

*will contain mature content such as sex, triggering themes, alcohol abuse and violence* Having to share a do... More

ELEANOR MAY BURKE
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74

63

4.8K 192 175
By siriusblacksslutt

With 'James' now in a charm-induced slumber, El and Lily sat on the floor in the lounge with a large map of Britain in front of them. It was a map The Order had been using a lot—the properties of many pureblood families were circled in red, along with several abandoned houses Order members had been instructed to look round.

They looked at the map with a distinct lack of hope—there were a lot of possibilities for where James could be.

"Now what?" Lily sighed.

El thought for a moment, then removed the lid from a blue pen, "well we know Malfoy Manor is currently occupied, so is Grimmauld place, Avery Manor and the Lestrange Manor." She circled each place in turn, "Voldemort is probably staying with a family that is loyal to him." El then swapped the blue pen for a green one, "Burke house is technically abandoned since Belvina died, and there's the old house we found Death Eaters in when i got stabbed, along with the house Peter and James were looking round when he went missing, which was somewhere near St Albans." She circled each location in green pen then paused her speech for a moment.

"But he could also be at the Mulciber's, Parkinson's, Yaxley's, Bulstrode's, Carrow's or Flint's Manors," She circled the rough location of where she knew those to be. "Fuck, he could be fucking anywhere," she threw the pen on the ground, rubbing her forehead in frustration.

"You know who might know where James is?" Lily suggested. "Whoever that is in your bedroom."

"Because he's gonna cough that information up willingly," El scoffed.

"It doesn't have to be willing. We could use veritaserum."

"Violence might work better but that's not actually a terrible idea," El said thoughtfully, "we have a Death Eater in my apartment, we could send them straight to Azkaban."

They sat and formulated a plan late into the evening until they parted ways and went to bed so 'James' didn't get too suspicious. He was sprawled across the bed so comfortably it seemed as if it were actually his own.

El crawled into bed, staying as far over to her own side as she possibly could. 'James' twitched in his sleep, it was difficult to hate whoever it was when they looked so much like the man El was in love with. His sleep was no longer charm-induced, so we woke when El had to move his limbs in order to not fall off the edge of the bed.

He wrapped both arms around her torso and pulled her in close, a gesture that she was used to James doing, but now felt off. She tensed, it took all her effort to not let her natural reaction show.

"Where have you been?" he asked, voice cutting through the dark room.

"Me and Evans were just talking—y'know. . .girl stuff," she dismissed.

"I thought you'd want to celebrate the fact that i'm back," 'James' began to kiss down her neck, holding her body so close to him it was difficult to move.

El pulled back, "i'm tired now, let's do that in the morning," she tried her best to disguise her facial expression at the thought, planting on a fake smile.

'James' groaned against her neck, "i don't know if i can wait that long," his kisses trailed down her shoulder, towards her breasts, his hand going between her legs.

El squirmed, moving so 'James' would stop his movement south, "James," she cautioned, pushing his hand away.

The next kiss was firmer than the last, taking her skin between his teeth, "El."

She managed to distance herself just enough to turn over, but he still held her uncomfortably close, his hand stroking over the scar just below the left side of her rib cage. She closed her eyes, hoping that feigning sleep was the best way to avoid the situation.

It seemed to work—after a few minutes, his body relaxed and his breathing evened, having fallen asleep. This eased her mind slightly, knowing she had bought herself a few hours to think.

El did not get a wink of sleep that night, she lay still as a corpse until the light of morning crept through the crack between the curtains. 'James' ' grip still didn't permit much movement, so she stayed there until she heard the front door opening. She moved his arm off her carefully, desperate not to wake him, then got dressed and tip-toed through to the living room, where Lily was talking in hushed tones to Sirius and Remus.

"So you don't actually think it's James?!" Sirius whispered, "are you sure it's not just him acting weird because of what happened?"

Lily was about to answer but El cut her off, "it's not him." None of them had noticed her yet, so all swivelled round to look at her.

"Why don't we sit him down and ask him a question only James would know the answer to, and if he doesn't, then it's a Death Eater and we turn them over to Dumbledore," Remus suggested.

"No, Dumbledore doesn't get them yet, they'll know where the real James is," El said firmly.

"The question thing is a good idea," Lily whispered, the others nodding in agreement.

"So he's in bed right now?" Sirius asked. El nodded in answer. "El, you wake him, Remus and i will hold him in place, take him through to the kitchen where Lily will tie him to a chair."

"I don't have any rope," Lily said quietly.

"Are you a witch or not?"

As the others made their way through to the bedroom, Lily nodded, clearly mentally scolding herself for not thinking of that.

Remus and Sirius braced themselves either side of 'James'' sleeping form as El stood in front of him, wand drawn.

"Aguamenti."

Cold water blasted from the end of her wand onto the sleeping man, waking him instantly, his whole body jolted in surprise but Remus and Sirius caught him, taking an arm each and pulling him upwards.

"What the fuck? What're you doing?"

They all ignored his questioning, dragging him through to the kitchen and down onto a chair.

"Incarcerous," ropes shot out of Lily's wand trapping James against the chair.

"El, what is going on?" 'James' squirmed, but the ropes around him tightened.

El pointed her wand at him, "what did i get you for Christmas?"

'James' looked up at her, "what? I can't remember, that was nearly a month ago! El what is going on?"

"What's my favourite song? What's your favourite sex position?"

James stuttered for an answer but couldn't produce anything.

"What's my patronus?

"Oh i know this one! It's a raven!" he looked up smugly, proud that he had actually answered one.

El punched him in the face. Any hint of a smile was wiped clean off. "Where. The fuck. is James?" she came so close to his face that she could smell the blood now pouring from his nose.

"El, what is going on? Is it your time of the month? You're being very dramatic."

She punched him again. "Who the fuck are you?"

From behind where El was standing, Lily raised her wand, "Polyfluis reverso."

The flat was silent in anticipation as 'James'' face began to contort in odd directions, his skin darkened and his broad shoulders narrowed.
Sitting before them was Marcus Harby.

El began to laugh, "you, of course it was fucking you!" she punched him again, harder than before.

Marcus turned his head back to it's normal position slowly, "you fucking bitch," he spat the blood out of his mouth, Eleanor only just missed it landing on her shirt—she moved out of the way just in time.

Sirius stormed forwards, grabbing Marcus by the collar and digging his wand into his throat. "I swore i would kill you but i never got the chance—"

"Padfoot," Remus cut him off, "we need him for now." He placed a hand of Sirius' shoulder and he slowly backed away.

Marcus began to laugh, "a werewolf is protecting me from two blood traitors and a mudblood."

Lily, who hadn't spoken in a while, inhaled sharply at the word being used against her. El punched him again—this time in the groin—he let out an odd noise and his head dropped in pain.

"I don't like that word," she said simply. The pointed her wand at him again, as did the other three.

"Tell us where James is," Lily said firmly.

"I'm not telling you anything, Mudblood," Marcus spat.

"You lose a bollock if you say that word again," El threatened.

"Where is James?" Sirius spoke this time, taking a threatening step forward.

"I don't know," Marcus sneered.

"Don't fucking lie to me!"

"Use veritaserum," Lily suggested.

They all looked at El expectantly, "i don't just have veritaserum lying around!"

"I'll go to the apothecary in Diagon Alley, you guys. . . just keep punching him or whatever," Lily grabbed her coat then left, they could hear the sound of her disapparation a second after the front door closed.

"I don't know where Potter is, i've told you that," Marcus sighed, spitting out another mouthful of blood onto the floor.

"Well you're fucking lying," El said, copying his tone. "Diffindo," a precise line was cut deep across Marcus' cheek.

He hissed in pain, fighting against his restraints that tightened in response. "Anyone ever told you that you're hot when you're angry?"

"Yes."

"Watch it," Remus warned.

"You're hot most of the time to be fair, was nice to share a bed with you while it lasted," he attempted a wink, but his eye was beginning to swell.

Sirius hit him upside the head, but the smirk on Marcus' face stayed in place. "For a Ravenclaw you're pretty fucking thick."

"Am i not allowed to compliment a lady?"

Remus punched Marcus in the face, it must've hurt far more than previous ones because he finally shut up.

"Much better," El sighed, almost smiling at the new bruise forming on his face.

There was a knock on the door, the three looked at each other in confusion, it was far too soon for Lily to be back. El opened the door slowly, wand in hand.

"El! I heard what happened with James so i brought you brownies," Morgan smiled, Evan standing just behind her, holding a large cake tin.

Morgan pushed the door open and entered the room, stopping suddenly when she saw who was in the apartment. "What the fuck?"

Marcus' ears perked up, "you brought brownies?"

"Not for you, you halfwit," Morgan snapped. "Does anyone want to explain what actually happened?"

"He was pretending to be James, he knows where the real James is," El explained.

"No i don't!" Marcus protested.

"He's lying, we sent Lily out to get veritaserum," she continued.

"He's probably in one of the rooms of the cellar at Malfoy manor, that where they usually keep prisoners," Evan said casually, mouth half full with brownie. Everyone turned to look at him. "What? I was almost made a Death Eater, remember?"

"Malfoy manor's in Wiltshire, i've been there before," Sirius mentioned.

"Malfoy manor," El was careful to watch Marcus' reaction as she spoke, he looked focused on keeping his face impassive.

"Wait 'till Lily gets back, ask our questions, then we can go," Remus interjected.

"Go where?" Evan asked, mouth full with another bite of brownie.

"To find James," Remus replied, speaking to him as though he were a child asking too many questions.

"You're going to Malfoy manor?" Evan asked with a laugh, "Good luck with that. That place is always full of Death Eaters."

"And James is fucking trapped there!" El raised a shaking hand to her forehead to massage her brow. "I—umm—need a minute," she walked away and into her bedroom.

There was a half drunk bottle of firewhiskey on the windowsill, she opened it and took a long drink.

"El," Sirius had followed her in there, he took the bottle from her hands and took a drink from it himself, then set it down on the desk. He pulled her towards him in a hug.

She broke down, sobbing into his chest, "he's gonna be dead."

"No. No. Don't think like that, we're gonna find him." He stroked her hair, unbothered of his shirt now getting damp.

She pulled back, wiping her eyes, inhaling deeply to steady her breathing.

"I love you, okay?" he said, kissing her hairline. She nodded, leaning into him.

They walked back out, El's hand clasped around the neck of the firewhiskey bottle. Lily had returned and was hanging her coat up on the hook behind the door.

She held a bottle out towards El, "do you wanna do it?"

El steadied herself, then nodded. She took the bottle and walked towards Marcus. He began to squirm, clenching his jaw to keep his mouth firmly closed.

El slapped him, "open your fucking mouth."

Marcus ignored her, but his expression changed when the tip of Sirius' wand pressed against his cheek. His jaw relaxed, mouth opening no wider than an inch.

El poured the clear liquid inside, holding his nose to force him to swallow it.

"Is James alive?" she asked.

Marcus looked like he was fighting to not speak, but he was not strong enough to overcome the potion. "Yes."

"Where is he?"

"Malfoy manor, in the cellar."

"What's the easiest way to get in there undetected?"

"House elves are the only ones who can apparate in and out of the wards. The security is low because they assumed no one who figure out James was actually missing." Marcus winced as the last words left his mouth.

"Right, i'll be going then," El instructed, shrugging her jacket over her shoulders. Sirius and Remus both went to stand next to her, ready to leave. "Rosier, look alive, you're coming with us."

"What? Why're we bringing him?!" Sirius moaned, face turned up in disgust.

"He knows his way round Malfoy Manor, he'll be useful," El shrugged, as if the answer was obvious.

"Why am i not coming?" Morgan interjected.

"You and Evans stay and watch Harby, if we aren't back in two hours; kill him."

Morgan nodded firmly.

"And can one of you owl Marls? She has no idea any of this is happening," Lily nodded at El's instruction before the four turned to leave.

El held out an arm, "hold on," she instructed, "we have somewhere we need to go to first."

***

The grass outside Potter Manor was as green as it had always been, with neatly trimmed bushes lining the path leading up to the front door. It unlocked with a simple spell, then El pushed it open and walked inside, the three men following her.

Though the house had lost all it's life, it was spotless, not a speck of dust was on any surface. The entire manor belonged to James now, though he hadn't been able to bring himself to visit since his parents passed.

"Julie?" El called, she then repeated herself, louder than before.

There was a small 'pop!', then the house elf appeared in front of them wearing a bright smile. "Miss El!" Julie ran forward to hug El's leg, "Master Sirius!" she then ran as Sirius, who awkwardly patted her head as she hugged his left leg. "Julie has missed you, does Miss El want any food?"

"No, thank you, Julie, we actually need a favour from you," El said, crouching down to match Julie's height. "It's about James."

"Of course, Miss, Julie will do anything!" she said excitedly, eyes wide.

After explaining what Julie needed to do, the four teens all held onto the house elf, who apparated them straight to the cellar of Malfoy Manor.

The main room was large, and made of cold, damp stone, and the ceiling was supported by many, thick pillars. At one end of the room was the only source of light, coming from the barred off doorway. The room was empty and the walls were plain, save for a wooden door at the opposite end.

They approached the door, Evan twisted the handle but it didn't move.

"Well obviously it's gonna be fucking locked you moron," Sirius hissed.

"Alohomora," Evan whispered, he tried the door again and it opened. He sent Sirius a smug glance, but didn't move forward.

"What you waiting for?" Sirius asked.

"Well what if there's a trap, or tripwire for something."

Sirius pushed him forwards, then held his hand up in wait. "See? No tripwire."

Evan grumbled something to himself, then kept walking. They all opened several doors on their way, but each led to an empty room. There was a final door at the end that didn't open, and remained locked regardless of the Alohomora Evan tried.

"Now what?" he sighed.

"Stand back," El instructed. "bombarda!"

The door exploded into pieces.

"What was your thought process behind that?" Remus hissed.

"There wasn't one!"

A shout came from upstairs—the occupants of the house were now aware of their presence.

In front of them now was a small room with a man slumped against the far wall, chains around his wrists and ankles.

"James!" El ran forwards, taking James' face in her hands, his glasses were broken, his face so dirty it was difficult to tell how injured he actually was

His head had been slumped forward, and even as it lifted, he struggled to hold it up on his own, "hello, love," he smiled.

"Hi," El said softly. She aimed her wand at his chains, "Relashio," the cuffs fell from his body. El put one of James' arms over her shoulder, Sirius taking the other side, and lifted him to his feet.

They could hear people running around upstairs, the sound of footsteps and shouts getting closer.

"Julie, you ready?"

They all held onto the house elf, all apparating away just as a man with platinum blonde hair came into vision.

Five teens and a house elf landed on the floor of El and James' flat in a mess of limbs. Lily, Morgan and Marlene surrounded them all, helping them to their feet. El and Sirius heaved James' half-conscious body onto the sofa, then adjusted him into a reclining position.

Marlene didn't ask any questions, just put her healer training to use and began to heal the cuts and bruises on his face. The t-shirt he was in had already been torn in several places, but Marlene removed it, leaving James' bloodied torso on full display.

"El, if he dies, i'm just an owl away," Marcus winked.

"Can someone take him to Dumbledore? Or off a cliff, i don't care, just get him out of my flat," El ran one hand through her hair, her other still intertwined with James' fingers.

Lily nodded, "i'll deal with him." She put him under a body-binding curse, then disapparated.

El sat patiently on the floor as Marlene healed each individual bruise and cut, it was a long process, but she could feel her body relaxing each time a gash turned into a simple scar. Some of the deeper wounds couldn't be healed as quickly, so were bandaged up, these were mainly ones on his chest, and one just above his eyebrow. The bruises were easier to heal, his black eyes went away quickly, so his face looked close to how it always did. His broken nose healed slightly wonky, but not enough to really notice any difference.

After a while, Marlene stood, "well that's all i can do. There were no dangerous injuries really, he was just in a lot of pain."

El looked down at James, who was now asleep, "we still have some painkilling draught, i'll give it to him when he wakes."

Marlene nodded, "are you okay."

El nodded before she even recognised it was a lie. "I just need a nap."

"I'll come back later to check on you both," Marlene smiled, "also next time something like this happens you fucking tell me, you prick."

El let out a weak laugh, "sir yes sir."

Morgan and Evan were standing off to the side, Morgan was checking over her boyfriend, checking no part of him was broken or damaged.

"We'll leave you guys to sleep," Morgan said, taking her wizards hand in preparation to leave.

Remus came and sat by El of the floor, "you should let Peter know that James is safe."

"No thanks to him," El grumbled.

"He made a mistake."

"A mistake that nearly cost James' life. Do you know what i would do if he died?!" she was met with silence, "me neither".

"You don't have to forgive him, but at least talk to him," Remus pleaded.

"i'll think about it."

Remus nodded, kissed El's hair, then stood, "we'll let you guys have some peace."

Him and Sirius left, leaving El and James alone in what now felt like an oddly quiet flat. The sofa was only just wide enough for her to squeeze on beside James, she melded against his side, the two bodies slotting together naturally.

***

a/n: word count 3.5k
an extra long one for u<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.1K 2.6K 91
Hogwarts has been socially run by the marauders for five years, Lorelei intends to change that. Meanwhile, Voldemort rises to power. (It's a very sl...
210K 5.1K 26
i'm warning you this is very gay. so. don't be homophobic :) all rights to jkr <3
28.2K 567 14
"𝘐𝘧 𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘦, 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴, 𝘵𝘰𝘰." ***** 🌸𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐝�...
125K 2.2K 34
𝐏𝐥𝐮𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 - a lover of rain; finding joy and peace when it rains In which four boys who call themselves the Marauders, prank the wrong p...