The Wolf's sheep

By moon2goddess

Lillian white never believed her grandma's stories about them being werewolves. when she meets her mate Mart... More

chapter 1: Green eyes
chapter 2: marriage or death
chapter 3:car ride
chapter 4:his room
chapter 5:the whites
chapter 6: gentle move
chapter 7:happy dance
chapter 8:traitor
chapter 9: a pile of rocks
Chapter 10: tattoo
Chapter 11. onion soup
Chapter 12: dizzy
Chapter 13: black leather gloves

Chapter 14: spa

0 0 0
By moon2goddess

I hissed when I felt the needle poke my skin, I saw the dark red blood come out and move through it to a tube.

"And we're done", Nancy the pack doctor said after taking the needle out.

"When can I get the results?", I asked.

"I think tomorrow or the day after it, don't worry I will tell you when I get them", she answered sweetly.

She gave me a cup of water and sat next to me.

"Can I ask you a question luna?".

"Of course", I nodded my head.

"Are you okay?"

I stared at her blankly not knowing what to respond.

"I'm sorry to intrude but sometimes meeting your mate can be quite difficult, it's not always fun and bubbly, especially if you or your mate is resisting the bond, I can see that the alpha hasn't marked you yet, I went through something similar the day I met my mate, I was scared of our bond so I kept resisting it and didn't let him mark me or even get close to me until we both fell sick In bed ".

"You got sick ?", I asked with wide eyes.

"Yes, it can even cause death in extreme cases ".

"So what did you do?".

"I forced myself to be brave and agreed to hang out with him for at least an hour every day, after a few days one hour was not enough and I wanted to be around him more until I couldn't leave his side", she said smiling," building trust takes time and effort from both of you, you can't resist the bond forever, at one point you have to give up or it can cause serious damage to both of you".

"But he...", I paused, " I don't think I should tell you this, but Martin-".

"Doesn't want a mate", she uttered surprising me, " I know that, I don't know why but I know he feared the day he would find his mate".

"Did he tell you?".

"A couple of years ago a few months after his dad died he knocked on my door at three in the morning and asked me to stay the night because he doesn't want to go to the castle anymore, he was so drunk he couldn't even stand, of course, I took him in, made him drink some water and helped him get in bed, right as I was leaving the room he told me to stay because he was scared, I was confused because he was seventeen and our freaking Alpha", she smiled sadly.

"I sat on the bed next to him, and he told me that he doesn't think he can be our alpha, that he can't even take care of himself how was he supposed to care for a whole pack, he was in so much pain yet not one tear dropped from his eyes ever since his dad died because he hasn't found the time to do so, the stress of ruling the pack and taking care of his family that was broken was suffocating him, nobody even asked him if he was okay, they just ignored that his whole life changed dramatically and relayed on him to rule the pack and fix everything, he was struggling and nobody saw that until one day he became professional at hiding his pain and ignorance became a part of him".

I felt my heart ache for him and all I wanted to do was hug him and soothe him.

"He said that it was all because of this mate thing, that it ruined his life, and that if he ever meets his mate he will reject her and even kill her".

I wrapped my arms around myself as I felt sad for him, for us.

"So yes I know that he doesn't want you, but I also know that he has a golden heart that's full of compassion and sympathy, he is one of the kindest people I have ever met, and in the end, he will accept the bond, he wouldn't be able to stay rigid with you, his heart won't let him".

I felt a spark of hope that it can be better than how it is now, I smiled at the thought that sent a warm feeling down my body but that disappeared quickly when the thought of Keanu killing my family came into my mind, I suppressed any hope that I had and focused on one thing, saving my family

"Thank you", I said getting up from the chair.

Nancy smiled and pat my shoulder.

"It will take time but it will be worth it", she told me before I left to walk back to the castle.

I was so distracted by Thoughts that were swirling around in my brain that I didn't notice Martin walking next to me, I flinched and took a step back.

"God you scared me", I said putting my hand on my chest.

"What's on your mind?", he asked as we continued walking.

"Nothing", I lied, " what are you doing here?", I was still feeling sad for what he had to go through in the past but I didn't know how to comfort or approach him.

"I was just passing by", he mumbled, "did you do the blood test?".

"Yes", I answered nodding my head.

We continued walking in silence, and my mind was freaking out trying to find something to talk about.

"We need to talk about the bed", I uttered," I can't sleep on the couch anymore, my neck and shoulders are so sore, it's so uncomfortable ".

"Sleep next to me then", he said still looking forward.

"no".

"We can put a pillow between us", he said shrugging.

"I guess we can try that", I said trying to conceal my eagerness, " I would do that for my neck and shoulders".

"Mhm, yeah of course for your neck and shoulders", he said looking down with a slight smirk on his face.

We reached the castle and he opened the door.

"After you", he said.

"Thanks", I answered as my heart fluttered at his little gesture.

He left for his office and I went back to the bedroom, I didn't have a training session today because max 'would feel guilty to kick my ass while I'm sick'.

I was about to change back into my pajamas when Nelly knocked on the door, she opened it and walked in.

"Hey I heard you weren't feeling good, so I'm taking you for a girl's day out", she said clapping her hands excitedly.

"Where are we gonna go?".

"To the spa, or whatever you want".

"I guess I need a massage", I said rubbing my shoulder.

"Okay, I will be waiting for you downstairs".

We were sitting in the back of the car while the driver drove us to the spa, I felt uncomfortable having someone drive me around, I wasn't used to being this spoiled.

"Nelly, do you drive?", I asked.

"Of course, why are you asking?".

"Because you always have a driver, I thought you didn't know how to drive".

"He's not just my driver, he's also my bodyguard".

"Your bodyguard ?", I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

Nelly nodded her head.

"Why do you need one? I mean your a strong werewolf".

"I don't really need him but Martin feels calmer when he knows there is someone that can protect me if he wasn't there to do it".

"Who would dare hurt you?", I asked cynically.

" I also thought the same thing but I was proved wrong".

"What happened?", I asked curiously.

"After dad died there was a group that wanted to take over our pack, Martin wasn't doing well as alpha and the whole pack was a mess, one day I was driving alone to the city to visit a friend when two cars blocked my way and four men forced me out of my car, I still haven't shifted back then and I tried fighting them but the men were much stronger, they covered my eyes and put me in their car, one of them hit me on my head because I was screaming and I lost consciousness, the next thing I know I woke up in an abandoned warehouse tied to a chair".

she looked out the window with a sad face, I held her hands and gave her a slight smile.

"I was there for twenty-two days, but it felt like a million years, Martin had to give them many pack lands and so much money to let me go", she tried to sound steady but her voice was shaking.

"The day I came back, when I first laid my eyes on Martin I knew he became a different person, he wasn't the sweet teenage boy anymore, he became rigid, a strict alpha that didn't care about anything else other than protecting us and the pack".

"I'm so sorry, I can imagine how scary that was", I said remembering the day Keanu abducted our family.

"So now he doesn't let me go anywhere without a bodyguard, even though I shifted a long time ago and if I want I can kill a man within a minute", she said proudly.

"Yes you can girl", I said chuckling.

We reached the spa and when they saw Nelly they hurried to open the door for us.

"Welcome miss", a woman said before leading us to the massage room.

We entered the room and I instantly felt relaxed, it smelled like lavender and the only light in it was from candles, and there was calm music playing.

I didn't feel that an hour have passed when we were done, it felt like they loosened every muscle in my body.

I was still laying on my back on the massage bed and didn't intend on getting up anytime soon.

"Lilian, are you awake?", Nelly said in a soft tune from her massage bed.

"I don't know, I'm so relaxed ", I said, Nelly started giggling and I joined her.

"I'm gonna have to thank Martin later".

"Why?", I asked as I lifted myself and leaned back on my elbows to look at her.

"He told me to take you to the spa because your neck and shoulders are sore", she said with her eyes closed still laying on the bed, "he told me to say it was my idea, so he will be so mad at me please don't mention it to him".

"Of course", I laid back on the massage bed and I couldn't hide my smile, I felt my heart flutter, and excitement ran through my whole body, he was so sweet.

Eventually, we got up and got dressed, Nelly said goodbye to some workers and was about to head out when I caught her arm

"Wait we didn't pay", I whispered.

"We don't have to, this is our spa", she said simply, "We own this place".

"Oh, I didn't know ".

"It's okay, our family has many businesses, you will be surprised to know how much stuff our family owns in this town and outside of it, I even don't know all of them".

I knew they were rich but this is next level rich, it's crazy rich.

"So all werewolves have businesses?, or how does this work?", I asked as we got in the car.

"Mainly the ruling family has most of the businesses in each town, and the whole pack works in these businesses, the more money you have as a pack means the bigger your pack is, and the bigger the more powerful".

"So how big is your pack?", I asked.

"We have about three hundred businesses, and ten thousand members so I think we are pretty big".

I stared at her wide-eyed with my mouth open," ten thousand?", I asked with disbelief.

She nodded her head," we used to be six thousand when dad was alive, and we had only one hundred and eight businesses, but when Martin became the alpha he was determined to make the pack as powerful as possible, he opened every business you can think of and it made wolves from other packs that weren't doing well financially move to our pack, he did in a few years more than what dad and grandpa did all of their lives".

Hearing this made me admire Martin, he was good at being an alpha, but it also terrified me, he was very smart, and it won't take him much to know that someone is deceiving him, so I had to be very very careful and smarter than him.

Grandma always used to say that a man can be the most powerful man alive until he falls in love, then he becomes blinded, truths bend and become twisted, and the only way they can see life anymore is through their lover.

And that is what I will do, I will make him fall in love so deeply that he won't ever suspect I'm the traitor.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Things are heating UP!

I'm so excited for the next chapters, be ready your in for a ride;).

Vote and comment please!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 82.5K 55
Scars... Some are worn on the outside and read like a book, others are hidden on the inside, unseen but shape every fabric of our being. Alpha Chris...
371K 11.1K 37
[1/3] After being tortured and abused by her Alpha, Avyanna Sage escaped only to stumble onto the grounds of another pack. She discovers her older br...
65.1K 1.3K 14
Cecelia was abused by her father ever sense she was 5. Her mother died by a rogue and her father blamed her. Her father hurt her in so many ways, to...
643K 15.2K 44
Broken by soul, broken by heart. Valeria is Alpha's daughter who has been through lot of loss. She's in no rush finding her mate, so you can imagine...